[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

When I first decided to give this series a try I only had one reason and one reason alone: the cast - the 4 lead grown up characters are all played by proper actors who somehow always end up getting short-changed with their parts in a series. But now, after 2 beautifully executed episodes I'm thinking there might be more to this story than just the acting. While I do agree that this isn't the most original story the writing manages to keep a good flow to the story and the directing does a good job of toning down the inherent cheesiness with some well placed moments of levity or with some nice little cinema "tricks" (the scene of the teenage version of the lead watching the scene from Comrades: Almost a love story is the perfect example of smart directing and smart writing in one short 30 sec moment which might go unnoticed if you don't know the film or the song).

I too have a feeling this might not end in a happily ever after kind of way but by now I've learned jTBC is the only network that can still take a sketchy story and make it work so I'm expecting heartache but presented in a smart non-OTTmakjang fashion.

The first ep also surprised me with the cutest little hidden gem: Lee Ja In who as far as I can tell is at her first role ever but slipped right into her character and stole the show for almost the entire ep. Hope this is just the beginning for her and we'll get to see more of the cute miss Lee :)

I hope the grown-up story stays as solid as these 2 eps and whatever route the series takes (sad or happy) it will be handled the right way because now we know they are capable of it.

P.S. I don't know what's gotten into the subbing team over at viki but I hope it lasts for the whole series, I haven't seen this speed since the last LMH drama :lol:

​The cutest little gem indeed. wonderful acting from 12 yr Lee Ja In. I like web episodes of her and Junior.  Yup, hope we'll see her more in future dramas. develop and get experience and who knows couple of years from now  we'll have another great young actress. So it won't be just young idol/actors on the rise. . :)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn;t  get that part when Eundong told Hyunsoo about their song., I backtracked to ep 1 and there was no song on their first meeting..

@uglypearl Thanks for the lyrics! I love that song, I cannot find the karaoke version ..

​Hah, if you've noticed the song was played during their kiss scene... I don't know how we should call that (not meta) but it's funny, they obviously don't know this music was played... But we viewers know, exactly like the scene of Hyunsoo (Junior) watching Tian Mi Mi. 

Guest KongYellOw

i just finished watching 1 and 2. and i think it was okay for the beginning.

they did web version for people who didnt like the 1st episode that much, felt it too fast or not clear.

they give us hints little by little, make us curious, and cant wait for next episode. thats what makes this is a good drama.

for a possibility of sad ending, yeah i do think this one will have sad and beautiful ending, and will leave mark forever for whos watching.

i already cried in two episode. this drama gives me "more than blue" feeling. anyone watched that super sad movie?

i just hope this drama wont turn into makjang drama. super melodrama is okay, not makjang please.

i believe in JTBC. this home-pro slowly becomes my fav with all of its Variety shows or dramas!

Desperate people do desperate things.

If Choi Jaeho were , say, a rich tycoon or an evil bureaucrat, he would be easier to beat. Something which would put him into a spot and he will get rid of Eundong to escape the situation.

However Choi Jaeho and Eundong's adopted family are very desperate. They will have nothing if Eundong leaves them. And Hyunsoo is the source of their misfortunes to begin with.

I don't see them forgiving Eundong's choice to be back with Hyunsoo. They will be very desperate and ....

In the book Dog of Flanders, Nello/Nero and the dog Patra/Patrasche  are found frozen to death.

The movie that  EunDong and HyunSoo were watching 2004's movie "The Notebook" which characters Noah and Allie are found lying dead peacefully.

Are they planning to make EunDong and HyunSoo die together too? Is going to be a tragic drama? I hope it's not.

On the other hand, these may be planted to steer viewers mind one way, while the actual may be another. Just saying we may be intentionally misled.... in which case, esp in this case, I'll be glad to be misled :huh:

But chances are, this will be a very melo drama with a very melo ending like the above references. I'm still dying to find out what will pan out to be. Ep 3, come quick!

​And let's not forget that in The Notebook, the leads did end up together and that they were only dying in their old age after they'd gotten back together!  Fingers crossed for at least some happiness in MLE! 

@meelis thank you for the presscon video! Been looking for one with Eng subs. <3 Waiting for the OST! <3

So we have two references for the ending,

A Dog of Flanders - The Nello & Patrasche reference as mentioned by the 10s Hyun Soo & Eun Dong

The boy and the dog are both frozen to death / Hyun Soo & Eun Dong will die together

The Notebook - The movie that 20s Hyun Soo & Eun Dong watched

Allie & Noah died peacefully in bed together / Hyun Soo & Eun Dong will die together

Both have deaths in the ending though they ended up together.. :tears:

(I said I won't speculate the ending, can't help it, lol. )

Good point both! :w00t: I'd almost forgotten the specifics of that movie.... I'd be on cloud nine if uri OTP ends up together, and later, for various reasons, died together. That would still be a good ending for me. Anyhoo, whichever way it'll end, I'm open to seeing what chaka-nim/PD-nim has in mind. For now, I'm game for this melo and sweet ride :)

Video the beginning music of My Love Eun Dong

This is really beautiful

http://blog.naver.com/sg01013/220374231878

​This will be the intro? It's beautiful! Even better than the one of the web drama.

​i cant see it. :(

can somebody help me?

i love the intro! so beautiful. :')

​Will this link be available to you?

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3794654443 

Online Opinion Quotient of Korean Television programs 

2015 22W

http://mygooddata.tistory.com/50

R

Station

Contents

Topic

KBS2

프로듀사

김수현

KBS2

프로듀사

공효진

KBS2

프로듀사

아이유

KBS2

후아유-학교 2015

김소현

KBS2

프로듀사

차태현

KBS2

후아유-학교 2015

남주혁

KBS2

후아유-학교 2015

육성재

tvN

식샤를합시다2

윤두준

tvN

식샤를합시다2

국수

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

김사랑

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

주진모

MBC

맨도롱 또똣

유연석

tvN

식샤를합시다2

서현진

tvN

구여친클럽

변요한

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

윤소희

MBC

맨도롱 또똣

강소라

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

백성현

KBS2

후아유-학교 2015

조수향

tvN

구여친클럽

송지효

SBS

가면

수애

MBC

화정

이연희

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

김태훈

SBS

풍문으로 들었소

고아성

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

김유리

KBS2

오렌지 마말레이드

설현

MBC

화정

서강준

tvN

식샤를합시다2

먹방

KBS2

오렌지 마말레이드

여진구

SBS

달려라장미

이영아

MBC

화정

차승원

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

이자인

SBS

풍문으로 들었소

이준

tvN

식샤를합시다2

권율

KBS2

복면검사

주상욱

JTBC

사랑하는 은동아

주니어

KBS2

후아유-학교 2015

왕따

KBS2

복면검사

김선아

SBS

가면

주지훈

MBC

화정

한주완

OCN

실종느와르 M

김강우

KBS2

오렌지 마말레이드

이종현

MBC

여왕의 꽃

김성령

tvN

구여친클럽

이윤지

SBS

냄새를 보는 소녀

박유천

JTBC

순정에 반하다

정경호

MBC

맨도롱 또똣

서이안

MBC

여왕의 꽃

이성경

SBS

풍문으로 들었소

유준상

tvN

구여친클럽

장지은

MBC

불굴의차여사

김보연

Good morning, Ladies :)!

We are closer to Friday.  I can not wait for Episode 3. 

After learning more about the drama, my heart is aching for EunDong.  Her life is so tragic! 

She lost her parents and grandmother at a young age.  After losing all of her family, she was adopted.  I think her foster parents did love her, but her foster dad is a strong willed guy. She was likely forced into a relationship she did not like. At this time, an old childhood Oppa showed up, she fell in love with him again (she told her friend that she would like to marry him).  However, a car accident occurred before she could take action to sort her relationships out. She lost her memory.  It seemed to me that people around her did not tell her all facts about her life.  They somewhat used it for their own purposes.  She was derived from knowing the truth (and likely the real father of her son).  In a way, the basis of her marriage was a lie. 

Eun-Dong may recover physically from her car accident, but she lost the most precious thing for humans: memory.  Hence, she lost the rights to make choices out of her free wills. For me, it is very tragic!!  She is a victim of circumstances.  

However, should we blame the people around her?  Maybe not. As the CPmin wrote in his blog. the characters are like real people. They have strength and weakness. They have  love and fears. They are influenced by things around and tried their best to make decisions. Sometimes, the decisions may be selfish.  After all, they are all humans like the rest of us. 

PS: Eun-Dong's situation is similar to JJM's character in Queen of the Game.  His mother lied to him and said that he was engaged to a woman whom he did not love.  

I watched ep 2 and LOVE it! It's so much better (to me) than ep 1.

-Love how they edited the clips of 20s vs 10s(their accidental meetings), and then 30s vs 20s (the accident scene and Eun Ho replying the reporters). 

-Love all the songs (BGMs) chosen

-Love the authentic young adult love that 20s Eun Dong and Eun Ho are able to portary, their sweet romance...too sweet!

-Love the 'macho way' that Eun Ho asks Eun Dong out for a movie date, and how he makes sure she knows 'all is fair in love and war', that even if she has a boyfriend, he'll still try to win her heart, and will emerge the winner. Arrogance? Or unadulterated confidence? 

20s Eun Ho and Eun Dong is really an awesome pair! Kudos to awesome acting, awesome script and awesome directing/editing! This drama is indeed a story of love, self-less love, fantasy love, courageous love, unforgettable love and in some ways, ridiculous love to some.

To the eternal question many of us have about whether Eun Dong actually has a boyfriend? Or whether she is hiding something from Eun Ho when he asked her if she has one?

My take is...in the right sense, I don't think Eun Dong has a boyfriend at that time, or rightly speaking, that she considers herself to have one. My guess is her adoptive dad is the one trying to pressurize Eun Dong into dating/accepting Choi Jae Ho. I believe Eun Dong's surreptitious behavior when asked, was prob due to the following reasons (hust IMO) ..

1. it's a long and complicated situation to tell Eun Ho, plus

2. perhaps Eun Dong (who already is terribly drawn towards Eun Ho) is smartly trying to fan the flames of jealousyand passion in Eun Ho.

As we do see later on, how Eun Ho gets so very jealous and begins to make it clear to Eun Dong that they are not just sister and brother to each other.

And yes, I agree adoptive dad is some sheety head of household. No doubt about his constant abuse (at least verbal and emotionally, if not physically) of Eun Dong ever since she was adopted. 

Ep 2 has raised the bar for me. I can't wait for ep 3 to come by. Love MLE. I too hope it will become a romance k-classic, minus all the k-cliches and k-makjang we've seen in many k-dramas.

30s Eun Ho and Eun Dong (aka Jeong Eun) coming up in ep 3. YAY :) 

TXdOuvb.jpg

MsHbWxX.jpg

Forget to share!

In Seo Jungeun's son Ra-ri's character description, it said he has a really really good relationship with Choi Ho and Choi loves him so much. He loves his wife. He loves his son.

And Seo Jungeun lived in America for a while before she came back to Korea and became ghostwriter for Ji Eun Ho.

Forget to share!

In Eun Dong's son Ra-ri's character description, it said he has a really really good relationship with Choi Ho and Choi loves him so much. He loves his wife. He loves his son.

​Thank you for sharing the description. The fact that they are a loving family now made the situation even sadder!   It could not change the lies in the past.

This question would come up: What if there was no car accident?  

Archived