[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@salijoo~~~ THANK for the GIF!! WOW!!! JJM has the best smile ever!!!!!!! 

@jadecloud~~ Thank you very much for translating the Blog.  I like his perspectives! 

BTW, here is the information to the Exec. producer.  His name is 송원섭 

http://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&query=송원섭&sm=top_hty&fbm=1&ie=utf8

Here's the second journal entry of Exec PDnim, basically on teaser #2....Did you guys notice how the reproduction was done with great care and detailing? From the main leads attire, down to the colors of them, and the colors of the props...I guess if they could re-create the location to be the exact same, they would...hehe. Superb effort! Production team, JJANG!

Enjoy :)

PS: Btw, my apologies for getting confused and thinking the director of Tian Mi Mi is Wong Kar Wai(who is director of ITMFL) when in fact, it should be Peter Chan Ho Sun, the hubby of funny woman/actress Sandra Ng. I realized this after reading this news article from Sports Chosun....

BfL7z01.jpg

CR: Oops link function doesn't work

(http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201505090100090240006189&servicedate=20150508)

MLE Exec Producer's Blog - Second Journal Entry
(Xref: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3751307094 Translation by Jadecloud)

It's very important for a teaser to attract a lot of attention and excitement prior to its broadcast. Hence, the first teaser is a condensed version of the drama's overview via a presscon. As for the second teaser, we began a discussion on what kind of concept should it be created from? There came a suggestion to showcase both the main leads Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang in a reproduction of a movie that has been a modern day classic.

First, we discussed about the kinds of movies we should look at for references, and the priority is of course movies of a genre that is in sync with MLE. 

In the synopsis of MLE, the overview of which is 'a man's unchanging, undying love', is largely similar to that of 'The Great Gatsby'. Besides that, we also chose a few movie projects for references. We hope through a reproduced scene, we can present to our potential viewers, the main theme of MLE that's similar to a scene of the chosen movie classic.

From "Memories', 'A lifetime of intertwined love', 'An obvious pair of lovers who are just not fated to meet', 'An adulterous love with a married woman', 'Innocent and pure first love', 'A man who has everything, who purely loves just one woman', and so on varying perspectives, we have deliberated and considered movies like 'The Notebook', 'Illicit Desire', 'Architecture 101', 'Love Letter', etc. But due to the insufficient representation of the scene or the difficulty in condensing the scene, and such other similar reasons, we have ruled them out. In the end, we decided on the movie 'Comrades: Almost A Love Story', which in chinese, it's titled as 'Tian Mi Mi').

'Tian Mi Mi' is a classic that transcends time, and it also describes a mutual love and pining for each other, but due to predestined marriage fate, they repeatedly missed being together. Accompanied by the infamous voice of Teresa Teng, it really is a movie that's an unforgettable  classic.  With MLE having its underlying source as 'a predestined marriage fate', there's consistency between them. Hence, we chose to restore a scene that will immediately bring to mind the representation of a certain movie, a certain classic.

The next teaser will also be based on a concept from another movie classic. In my next journal, I will talk about the process of creating the next teaser (#3).  

(Eagerly looking forward to it, PDnim. Thanks for sharing your inner world (production process and drama-making process) with fans/viewers of MLE, We enjoy this peek inside your inner world and appreciate the opportunity. Gamsahabnida. 감사합니다.)

rxMFUL8.jpg

d7Bg0St.jpg

----------------------end of Exec PDnim's journal #2---------

Wow! After reading his blog, my faith with this producer had increased. I love how he seems passionate about the drama. Such an introspective writing.

Two lines that I love:

One of the main reasons why I chose this script is because of its 'freshness' i.e. originality

But this drama's main leads have a certain level of selfishness, just like real life, real humans are.

I initially thought this drama is just like any love stories out there, but since the PD said it, I'm now excited for this drama to unfold. I love the fact he said it has a level of selfishness and humanity. It means the characters are realistic and people can relate to them.

And for the efficient JTBC, they don't stop their promotion step lol.

Look at this titles omg lol

베이글녀 끝판왕 김사랑, 시선 빼앗는 아찔 몸매 "주진모도 반하겠네"

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=42668

주진모 호흡 김사랑, 채정안과 무슨 사이? 14년전 팔 허리에 걸고 다정인증샷

http://economy.hankooki.com/lpage/sports/201505/e20150509023703120390.htm 

'은동아' 주진모X김사랑, '첨밀밀' 명장면 재현..'백 투 더 1997'20150509080926062.jpg

K-media's report of My Love Eun Dong. It said MLE received popularity after its second teaser released.

(So many reports just pick one link)

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20150509080930334

송원섭 JTBC 드라마 기획1팀장은 “주진모 김사랑이 재현한 ‘첨밀밀’의 장면은 영화를 본 사람이라면 절대 잊을 수 없는 명장면으로 손꼽는다. 평생을 그리워하지만 운명에 의해 자꾸만 엇갈 리는 연인들의 이야기를 담아낸 ‘첨밀밀’은 세대를 뛰어넘는 고전이면서 인연을 소재로 한다는 점에서 ‘사랑하는 은동아’와 어울리는 부분이 많다고 판단해 오마주를 하게 됐다”라고 ‘첨밀밀’을 오마주한 티저를 제작한 이유를 밝혔다.

이어 “주진모 김사랑 두 분이 감정선을 잘 살려 연기해줘 아주 흥미롭고 애틋한 티저를 만들 수 있었다”라고 주연 배우인 주진모 김사랑의 연기에 만족감을 표했다.

PDnim 송원섭 said why they chose Tian Mi Mi as the concept for this teaser and was satisfied with the effect and Joo Jin Mo & Kim Sa-rang's acting skills.

Guest meelis

@jadecloud, thank you for translating the second part of the producer's blog, I love his insights. Can't wait for part 3 (it will be about the thrid teaser, ITMFL, right?)

@lucy13880, thank you for all goodies, WOW, @salijoo, excellent job as usual!

Can't stop rewatching this teaser, it's soooo good. They did justice to the original and at the same time added a personal touch to this scene.  

I can't believe I'll say this but... Can't wait for Monday to come!xD

@lucy13880, Lol, for the titles, I saw something like Bagel Girl Kim Sa-rang will seduce Joo Jin-mo; Following Ji-sung, Kim Yoo-ri is aiming for Joo Jin-mo. LMAO.

BTW, these titles aren't part of JTBC PR. They finished "PR-ing" the teaser (with like 7~8 articles) the day before... After the teaser broadcast on TV, the couple became 6th Hot Topic of the day on Naver and that's when media started releasing like 50 articles of the teaser.  

@jadecloud, Thank you so much for your hardwork, seems like he'll keep writing about it and why he has chosen 'In The Mood For Love'. Can't wait.

That said, can someone enlighten me, we know that Lee Tae-gon is the PD (Program Director) and via these blog posts we learned that he's the CP (Chief Producer) too. So he's in charge of both the production and direction? I love it because he'll be the one that gives life to everything. I mean, all his ideas will be shaped up by himself.  

And if you look at his past works, there are all entertaining (and funny). So I'm pretty sure if Baek Min-kyung's script finished by being overly serious, he'll try by his direction to make it as entertaining as possible.

Guest meelis

And for the efficient JTBC, they don't stop their promotion step lol.

Look at this titles omg lol

베이글녀 끝판왕 김사랑, 시선 빼앗는 아찔 몸매 "주진모도 반하겠네"

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=42668

주진모 호흡 김사랑, 채정안과 무슨 사이? 14년전 팔 허리에 걸고 다정인증샷

http://economy.hankooki.com/lpage/sports/201505/e20150509023703120390.htm 

​BTW, what are these articles about? I don't seem to understand...:D  The titles don't make sense at all with google translate.

Thanks for the pics! But Jr. is in LA atm (and for days already) don't think that pic is recent...

Kim Sa-rang is finally starting promoting the drama. Hah. BTW, must be the lighting but it seems like she switched her hair-color to the same brownish tone as Joo Jin-mo. Lol.

Archived