[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

@lyfuym, Wow! How can this drama still keep being the opposite of my thoughts? So Jungeun will hear Eunho's records and that's how they'll start showing the flashbacks with Eunho or Jungeun's voice in the back. It's really original, never watched that in dramas. This kind of drama would have never been broadcast in public channels. I already knew that BMK (writer) loved her phylosophical-human-melo but with your translation and @jadecloud's one, her preferences are becoming obvious.

As for KSR-JJM scenes, I already kept in mind that we would have a platonic romance (no kiss lol) about never meeting each other, I did hear JJM talking with KSR in the first reading script, his script said something like: "Had my first kiss in front a coffee shop" (or something like that). Adding @lucy13880's questions -aka Jungeun "not remembering" her "own" story... There are so many mysteries left to be unveiled in this drama. Find it interesting.

If done well, this little gem would be wonderful for 16 episodes. (Not more)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@salijoo,

@lyfuym, Wow! How can this drama still keep being the opposite of my thoughts? So Jungeun will hear Eunho's records and that's how they'll start showing the flashbacks with Eunho or Jungeun's voice in the back. It's really original, never watched that in dramas. This kind of drama would have never been broadcast in public channels. I already knew that BMK (writer) loved her phylosophical-human-melo but with your translation and @jadecloud's one, her preferences are becoming obvious.

As for KSR-JJM scenes, I already kept in mind that we would have a platonic romance (no kiss lol) about never meeting each other, I did hear JJM talking with KSR in the first reading script, his script said something like: "Had my first kiss in front a coffee shop" (or something like that). Adding @lucy13880's questions -aka Jungeun "not remembering" her "own" story... There are so many mysteries left to be unveiled in this drama. Find it interesting.

If done well, this little gem would be wonderful for 16 episodes. (Not more)

​@salijoo, Is it true? There will be only a platonoic romance with no skinship between JJM and KSR in the drama? How disappointing!

Now the biggest puzzle for me is why Ji Jung-eun (KSR) does not recognize Eun-ho as Hyun-soo? Although she did not meet Eun Ho and only listened to his recording, but she must have seen his photos or even his movies/dramas because he is a famous star. Did his appearance change so much that she can not recognize him?

@lyfuym, nothing confirmed yet, it's just one of my speculation, so don't be disappointed, we never know. Lol. I would be glad if there are some but if the writing goes on the way where their romance is platonic, I prefer them no including those scenes as it would serve more as a fanservice than adding more depth in the story tbh. 

Guest meelis

Thanks, @salijoo this is exactly the scene. We'll see how it'll look when they release the poster, I can't really say with this small pic.:) Ah, I'm so curious already, I hope it's a matter of a few days now.

@lyfuym, thank you for the translation, it's ... well.... complicated.O.o I certainly hope that @salijoo isn't right in this case (about the skinship), it'll be a waste, but.. anything is possible. I agree that so far there are many original things in this drama, but I think that the leads never actually meeting would be too much of originality, not sure I can handle it. xD

Tell me if I understand right, JJM shot this scene with real reporters, real questions and real answers BUT it's a fake (fictional) press conference (for the teaser). They wanted to make it as realistic as possible, the parallelism between actor JJM & actor JEH, with the autobiography as the background theme which follows the "realistic theme". Everything is, so far, well calculated. Interesting.

@irilight, like @meelis said Baek Min-kyung is more like considered as a "rookie" writer with Kang-koo's Story as her sole project (SBS first 3D two-episodes-drama). However she does have a substantial list of script awards winning under her belt:

• 2014년 MBC 극본공모 미니시리즈부문 우수작 --> Won for 뒤로 가는 송패밀리 (Coming Back to Song Family) alongside Park Kyung-soo for Angry Mom.
  • 2013년 SBS 극본공모전 대상 --> Daesang for Kang-koo's Story.
  • 2012년 제10회 경상북도 영상콘텐츠 시나리오 공모전 장려상
  • 2000년 제1회 MBC 프로덕션 영화 시나리오 공모 우수상

Guest meelis

@salijoo, this is exactly what I understood myself too, the reporters obviously were playing extras in this case.B| So I expect more parallelisms in the drama between the real actor JJM and the virtual actor Eun Ho for even more realism. 

BTW, did you get it what the person from the blog that @lucy13880 shared is doing? He/she obviously is an insider and if I understood it correctly with google trans of course, he/she will write a journal about the drama? And next he/she will write about the movie based teasers? Also I found it interesting (quoting freely here) that he/she didn't like the title and the premise of the drama at first, but when reading it he/she found in it freshness, genuine novelty and some kind of feeling for the 'new era'... WOW that's even a little scary.;)

@meelis, Oh! Interesting, flies away reading it!

-- read it --

OMG, so the teaser really was a reflection on how sophisticated the script is... That blogger was really blown away by it... Should lower my expectations but still, this is something never shown in k-drama-land (as per his/ her words)

Daum and Naver have updated the cast: 

Lee Yung-ran, Kim Mi-jin (see lucy13880's post: http://forums.soompi.com/community/topic/197-upcoming-drama-2015-my-love-eun-dong-사랑하는-은동아-—-first-still-p-22-jrs-casting-p23-24/?do=findComment&comment=25243) and Lee Ja-in (10s Eundong) have no profile available so they most likely are rookies (at least in drama and movie-land). However they can have some experiences in theater for example.

[NEWSEN] ‘사랑하는 은동아’ 김유리, 시크 냉미녀 포스 ‘시선강탈’

'My Love Eun-dong' Kim Yoo-ri, Cold Beauty and Chic Pose 'Hijack's gaze'

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=004&oid=215&aid=0000302057

• Kim Yoo-ri will play a cold and intelligent chaebol. She's Joo-seok's Hotel Heiress.
  • She has a one-sided love for Ji Eun-ho.
  • Ji Eun-ho's autobiography is called: My Love Eun-dong.

Voila, if people have more infos, feel free to share. ^^ 

WAIT. Why is she holding the damn book when the purpose of the drama is writing it? Aigooo.... 

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=004&oid=215&aid=0000302057

• Kim Yoo-ri will play a cold and intelligent chaebol. She's Joo-seok's Hotel Heiress.

WAIT. Why is she holding the damn book when the purpose of the drama is writing it? Aigooo.... 

​Thanks @salijoo KYR looks so very different here. Chic and poised. I can still remember her rather gawky but good appearance in The Master's Sun (one of my fave Ks). Sounds like a sad 2nd lead role for her here. My heart is already aching for her character....Unreciprocated and unappreciated by Ji Eun Ho :( I think the photo where she's reading the autobiography may be one of the later scenes, unless that's another book that JI Eun Ho has published.

Are we getting an all-round one-sided love here in MLE? I certainly hope not. But I like that we still know nothing definite even though we have been discussing so much about MLE already :o

Keep updating, keep chiming in ... with many thanks, and with much appreciation.:P (why is there no heart/love emoticon? seriously need to expand the emo list in the new soompi)

Rough key points of the blog above

-- MLE's plot is more like the movie The Great Gatsby

-- The writer want to discuss when someone owns almost everything (fame, fortune, being handsome etc) What's the meaning of love for him?

-- JJM's first shooting was filmed several days ago.

-- Joo Jin Mo lost 5kg weight before acting.

-- In the first shooting there are real reporters on set.

-- JJM sweated a lot during the shooting for there were too many persons but there was no air conditioner and in case making noises the door of the room was shut. And he sat in the light always.

-- The teasers are like movie-made.

​Thanks @lucy13880 for your summary. This PDnim is now in my radar and I bet he's a fan of HK PD Wong Kar Wai :)

Thank you everyone for lots of new goodies...

@valsava, @jadecloud - thank you both for translations.

@jadecloud - I like your comparison to "Comrades: Almost a Love Story." I saw it a while back in a festival.

Your musing about the direction the scriptwriter is heading led me to look him/her? up. Looks like before this drama he/she? penned one 2-episode drama "The Story of Kang-Gu." I might try to watch it before this drama airs.
The director - Lee Tae-gon-I - has quite a few drama under his belt. I have only seen his first (Tropical Nights in December), and would love to watch Queen Insoo, if we are ever so lucky to have it with Eng. subs. He too has a one episode drama "Lunch Box" but I think it is not as readily available for viewing with eng sub.

​@irilight Good lil look-up. You're infectious, or should I say, contagious LOL. I did a lil digging as well, and found 'Lunch Box' was one of the 5 short one-act dramas that PDnim took part in back in 2010. He also did a very short interview LINK but I couldn't understand.  (I think the 5 PDnims who participated were interviewed but clip only shows this PDnim's interview). If anyone can transcribe it, please do. Thanks. Here's a lil look at it...

3GzQlAK.gif

CR: imbc (http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/act1/act3)

About 'Lunch Box', I couldn't find any vid available for watching. If anyone has a link to one, please do advise *kowtowing*

Here's what I found...

O6wJRpD.jpg

CR: AK Ent (which is promoting this drama to overseas broadcasters)

Z9FS8kP.jpg

CR: Hancinema (which has featured this drama back in 2010)

Rough key points of the blog above

-- MLE's plot is more like the movie The Great Gatsby

-- The writer want to discuss when someone owns almost everything (fame, fortune, being handsome etc) What's the meaning of love for him?

-- JJM's first shooting was filmed several days ago.

-- Joo Jin Mo lost 5kg weight before acting.

-- In the first shooting there are real reporters on set.

-- JJM sweated a lot during the shooting for there were too many persons but there was no air conditioner and in case making noises the door of the room was shut. And he sat in the light always.

-- The teasers are like movie-made.

​Those questions raised by the reporters including 

-- Your ideal type

-- Your face size

-- Your ways of maintaining abs

Which made JJM a little bit embarrassed and laughed but the shooting went on well.

​Oh Have made mistakes about the journalists part. They were not real reporters but the questions were designed for JJM.

@meelis, Oh! Interesting, flies away reading it!

-- read it --

OMG, so the teaser really was a reflection on how sophisticated the script is... That blogger was really blown away by it... Should lower my expectations but still, this is something never shown in k-drama-land (as per his/ her words)

​The blogger is the Producer of My Love Eun Dong. He gave good comment on the writer and said MLE he thought was fresh and met today's requirements of K-drama.

​Thanks @salijoo KYR looks so very different here. Chic and poised. I can still remember her rather gawky but good appearance in The Master's Sun (one of my fave Ks). Sounds like a sad 2nd lead role for her here. My heart is already aching for her character....Unreciprocated and unappreciated by Ji Eun Ho :( I think the photo where she's reading the autobiography may be one of the later scenes, unless that's another book that JI Eun Ho has published.

Are we getting an all-round one-sided love here in MLE? I certainly hope not. But I like that we still know nothing definite even though we have been discussing so much about MLE already :o

Keep updating, keep chiming in ... with many thanks, and with much appreciation.:P (why is there no heart/love emoticon? seriously need to expand the emo list in the new soompi)

嵌入图像的永久链接

Oh her character is like Ji Eun Ho who owns almost everything but love. She is jealous on Eun Dong.

Archived