[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

I think JH personality is rough on the outside doesn't mean that he will be like that to his Girlfriend/Wife. He's just like his Mom. She's all tough but her actions are full of love. They just need time to understand each other. As in any relationships, they will both grow and learn to compromise. Who's to say that he wouldn't change to become more open and romantic? 

Didn't Bora change too after dating Sunwoo? She even allowed him to drop formal speech and learnt to prioritise him in her life. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh this is a good topic, trying to find someone who would match with JH's personality :D:D

I really like the bickering, so I imagine it'd be someone who would get on JH's nerves :)))) someone who is silly and down to earth and not afraid to show it (yes it can be similar to DS's character). I love how tough he's trying to be on the outside while he's a marshmallow inside, so I would love to see him pair up with someone who would do all kind of embarrassing things to him :)))) he would get mad but he cannot help it :)))) someone who is full of ageyo and not the sassy kind like Bora. (I don't think someone like Bora would match well with him, but who knows :P
(btw, did you know RJY thought he'd get cast as Sunwoo at first :))) ) 

Imagine this is JH's date with that kind of girl :P RJY is basically being Junghwan in this CF hehehehe.

7 minutes ago, JulieSean said:

I think JH personality is rough on the outside doesn't mean that he will be like that to his Girlfriend/Wife. He's just like his Mom. She's all tough but her actions are full of love. They just need time to understand each other. As in any relationships, they will both grow and learn to compromise. Who's to say that he wouldn't change to become more open and romantic? 

Didn't Bora change too after dating Sunwoo? She even allowed him to drop formal speech and learnt to prioritise him in her life. 

yeah... everyone can change in the future. and if you noticed, junghwan has becoming more mature in the last two episodes. he's not that rough and off-timing guy anymore judging from him being the best daughter that night, and the way he was taking care of sunwoo. even deoksun's future husband changed from that kind and never cursed guy into someone who use 'waenyeol' and argued back to deoksun at ep 2, 6, and 9. although he's becoming himself again at ep 18,19, and 20

JH has changed a lot already. I don't think JH is really that rough in the first place. He's shy and can't express himself well. Bora had the whole neighborhood shook, but JH was well liked by everyone.  They are just the same in that they seem different at first then how they really are. He was never mean to anyone at all really.  His words were just rough at times.  He just needs someone who can understand him and see past all everything and into his heart.  I think once he got a gf/wife he'd change even more, but getting the gf/wife is probably the issue. He needs to be set up on some blind dates. 

Haha. JH needs someone like Shi Won from Reply Me 1997! She will propel him into action. Isn't he like Yoon Jae? He's grumpy and inflexible and only Shi Won could break him. Despite his cool exterior he turned out to be rather open about things...haha. And Shi Won got preggers before their wedding. Who's to say JH isn't the same??? Lol

it's such a waste there's no kiss scenes for JH. His lips are made for kissing. Lol

13 minutes ago, melissala said:

JH has changed a lot already. I don't think JH is really that rough in the first place. He's shy and can't express himself well. Bora had the whole neighborhood shook, but JH was well liked by everyone.  They are just the same in that they seem different at first then how they really are. He was never mean to anyone at all really.  His words were just rough at times.  He just needs someone who can understand him and see past all everything and into his heart.  I think once he got a gf/wife he'd change even more, but getting the gf/wife is probably the issue. He needs to be set up on some blind dates. 

Yes!!! i know junghwan the best daughter ever was not rough like, at all. and i felt like calling him as rough on my prev post because people always said so.

1 hour ago, melissala said:

Someone like Sun Woo lol. I think he's a lot like Bora in some ways. He needs someone who'd really go after him and not give up. DS tried to do that, but in the end she just got too hurt and her crush wasn't enough to last.  

And yes, JH will learn not hold back so much in the future, but he'll never turn into someone who can just freely and openly admit his feelings all the time. He needs someone who can look at him and understand him. DS did in some ways, but not in others. She knew that even if he was grumpy he'd still pay for her meal, but beyond that I don't think she really understood him well. This is not knocking her at all, but she just didn't.  While she can just look at Taek and know what he needs, for JH she never could do that.  So really, I don't think they were good for each other in the end. There's a reason beyond timing and him hesitating that they didn't work out. 

I think SW's personality would be great for JH (or Taek).

I also think JB's personality and unabashed expressiveness would also be great for JH.

I think the best way to describe him is that he's taciturn. But yet he bickers with DS and can be naughty too. Remember in episode 1,  he nudged DS while she was bending down to wash vegetables? I'm rewatching It again from a different perspective. Yes...I still can't let go of the moms, the dads, the childhood friends, in fact everyone on the show.:bawling:

@wizengamot oh yeah? I think there is no prove JH as the real husband. I ALSO READ ITS ABOUT DURING FILMING CONFESSION,Not the real life. Yes she cried as hyeri, but if you heard confession from your bestfriend? That love you from along time ago, You will cry like crazy. And about rjy v app, its from his POV, not what the writer want. So he is free to say anything, but i talk about reply 1988, and my opinion about HYERI CRIED !

reply 1988 is over, TK is the husband, i post about what i read and i saw. But honestly, i dont need Your reply about my opinion. This is MT, you can skip mine. JH character was great, i love RJY. But not your reply. Thanks

I already missed the squad and the family. Even though I'm really sad in the ending and unite dissapointed , I will still love this series, I will still remember all the characters and learned from it. 

My Jung hwan ah, Doek sun-ah, taek ki, sun won ah, and Doryong ah. I learned a lot from these characters. I can't explain how I loved all them in different way. I just love to see them in every episode.

i will also missed unnie bora hahaha, I'm just glad she's not my unnie in real life. But I love her for being so smart , Noeul for being considerate, oppa jB! I treasure him as a gem hahaha and Jin joo yah, the Dads! And the 3 lovely moms! How I wish my mom also have some friends like that...

There should be a reunion and the squad should bring their wives..

Guest ktiminie
16 hours ago, theobrominebeagle said:

New video from TVN. Their "last gift" T_T

Thank you for sharing @theobrominebeagle

Some parts have been translated credit to @andra749

"Okay, I'll try my best to translate what they are saying, because I know how frustrating it is to not understand what's going one, but I am not a native Korean, so my translation may not be 100% accurate. Sorry in advance for that, but it's better than nothing, I guess. I will not translate (or, at least not now) what's written on the video. Also, I will just use the initial letter for all actors. Here it goes:

PBG: We should look neat ( as in "be filmed in our nice outfits"). For those viewers who have loved tvn's Reply 1988 drama, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts...From now on...

H: Don't cry!

PBG: ...me and Deok Seon...

H: Why are you crying?

PBG: I am not crying!

(@1:05) KGP: The wedding scene became the last one to be filmed, but I'm not feeling that happy. It's not like I didn't come here for a separation part...(t/n: I feel like it sounds a bit weird in translation, but the thing he's trying to say it's that a wedding scene is supposed to be like a happy, union of two people kind of scene, but with it being the last one they are filming, it inevitably became a separation, a good-bye one...)

(@1:23) RHY: I feel like this drama will forever stay in my heart...

KSY: Thank you for watching our drama with a lot of interest!

LIH: Yes, thank you very very much! For me, through this drama, through R88, the thing that I came to value most is meeting KSY and RMR (t/n: the actresses that play the other two moms). I'm already getting tear-eyed...(t/s: she literally said "the tears are already covering what's in front of my eyes")

(@1:50) CMS: Because it's already time to wrap it up, on one hand I kinda feel sad and also I feel like it's a pity, but on the other hand I feel extremely thankful to have safely reached this part of finishing the drama.

YJM: I am not exactly sure how to express my gratitude and how to thank the viewers and the staff that worked extremely hard for the production of this drama...except for just saying "thank you"...

CSW: Thank you for loving and cheering and appreciating No Eul. Although it's time for R88 to leave you all, I hope you will not quickly forget about us/the drama and that you can remember it as a drama that can be be valued and seen over and over again.

LMJ: For many of you have loved our drama I am thankful that we managed to finish it nicely...Thank you!

LDH: I will express my feelings at the end of this drama through one word...'Till the end, I believe that it didn't finish, I don't/won't throw Dong Ryong away....ah, the baby...the baby it's crying, he's expressing my feelings...it was too regretful to finish filming...

(@3:30) LSY: The thing I find a bit regretful is that I didn't get a loveline...I mean, you could've made me meet Dong Ryong oppa...I honestly have the confidence I could've pulled it off. Even if we didn't get a kiss scene...The episode I get more air-time in is episode 14, for those of you who want to see me, please always watch episode 14.

(@3:50) SDI: Because it's the third time already, I don't really feel anything special...I am quite calm and even my posture became so comfortable...Thank you for giving R88 so much love!

AJH: Honestly everything became possible thanks to the staff, you've really worked hard! Please do not forget Jeong Bong...don't forget (him/me)...

(@4:18) she's saying something like "As expected of my son!" when he's giving her a massage

(@4:24) KSG: For me, meeting Miss Cheetah made me really happy...I was very happy and I enjoyed the time spent together...

RMR: I did end up cursing and hiting and trampling on on, but I was quite happy for having him next to me, giving Mi Ran a lot of love, without criticising.

(@4:47) they're basically making Jung Hwan the groom, RMR is saying sth like "Thank you for coming to my son's wedding", and RJY is thanking everyone, and RMR is again like "This is my son, and this is my daughter-in-law" and then I honestly couldn't understand what they were saying...

(@5:05) RJY: I think we managed to finish it up happily/nicely. I wish there would've been a chance to say over and over again what I didn't say (t/n not sure what he meant here). I was happy and I really enjoyed it. I love you! Please love it/love each other (t/n: again, not sure about thi one)

(@5:29) H: I hope you will remember our R88! I also hope for all of you to be happy and stay healthy and you know you can't forget Deok Seon, right?

PBG: Do you want to break up with me? (t/n: I think he meant it as in not seeing him anymore, now that the drama is ending)

Cameramen: No

PBG: Is Hyeri pretty?(and he like asks the cameraman to move the camera as in a "no" answer)

Cameraman: No (and Hyeri says sth along the lines of "don't do that", I think)

PBG: Hyeri can act well, right?

Cameraman: Yes

H: Is she pretty?

Cameraman: No

PBG: I want to really thank all the viewers that loved R88 and also loved Taek all this time. I believe it's a drama/work I won't be able to forget. Once again, I want to give sincere thanks to all of you that replied to us. Until now, this was Park Bo Geum who played the character of Choi Taek. Thank you and love you!"

@bluesteyes what a condescending comment. 

You know who's being blinded by the husband hunting? The writer.

If they hadn't wanted to keep the mystery till the end, T/DS would have had a lot more development early on. We would have gotten much more insight into DS's feelings and if she had developed feelings for T then, more viewers could have purchased into the idea of T/DS as OTP. 

The technicality of who's being cast first or who had special place in producers' hearts to determine their status as leading man is completely irrelevant because what's important is how strategic their role is within the realm of the drama. It annoys me that people immediately assume JH or T as the main lead based on how RJY sat across from HR in the first chemistry test or how PBG and HR did the first promotional test. It's a major disservice to the actors themselves. Are you implying PBG's acting sucks because a lot of people flocked to RYJ despite PBG "technically" being the lead??? 

Lets make it clear, 5 of them is the main lead, they have their own stories so please don't assume that taek is the main lead here. Even though he's the famous in the series the 4 characters have their own famous story also. If you can see they have their own contribution in the series. Even sometimes I think the 3 moms are the main lead. 

I can't believe when people say that Jh is not a main lead because he's not a husband. We have our own thought and you can't change it. 

He will never be the second lead, even Sun woo. Or Doryong. 

20 minutes ago, Aya Hong said:

Lets make it clear, 5 of them is the main lead, they have their own stories so please don't assume that taek is the main lead here. Even though he's the famous in the series the 4 characters have their own famous story also. If you can see they have their own contribution in the series. Even sometimes I think the 3 moms are the main lead. 

I can't believe when people say that Jh is not a main lead because he's not a husband. We have our own thought and you can't change it. 

He will never be the second lead, even Sun woo. Or Doryong. 

For me, JH is the main lead.  

Let's be real here. The writer knew what they were doing. They reeled everyone in. The ratings got bigger and bigger each episode breaking records along the way. I'd say they are genius storyteller with great production on team to bring their stories to life.

13 minutes ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

SUBS ARE OUT!!!! 

About phuket.. I like to think that RHY and GKP are having romantic walks on the beach right now.. HAHAHAHAHA they love holding hands, even in the last part of the final btd you can see GKP try to hold RHY's hand for the picture :wub:

are you talking about this??

finalSWxBR_zpswy7dyqgb.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA these TWO is :heart:

Archived