[Drama 2015] ◇∞ Ex-Girlfriends' Club ❤ 구여친클럽 ∞◆

Maetawinz

​Isn't the title of the manhwa girlfriend buffalo? Soo jin is the buffalo he named the manhwa after but I don't think he himself realizes it.

I also realized that...who is the buffalo??but, based on the preview last time (when they're lying on the bed), jihyo was described as gom = bear....that was i thinking chingu....^^

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also realized that...who is the buffalo??but, based on the preview last time (when they're lying on the bed), jihyo was described as gom = bear....that was i thinking chingu....^^

​Oh I didn't realize that. I don't think he sees her as the buffalo for now. But I didn't realize he saw her as any animal. He does seem to have unresolved feelings for the noona. He probably needs closure on that before he moves on to something more permanent.

Guest mywebfoot

@dingax I agree. His response to her announcement that she was divorced was more extreme than expected. He looked dumbstruck. I have a suspicion that he didn't break up with any of these women. Instead I think they all dumped him for the reasons they stated, and he was hurt by each one of them in different ways because he didn't live up to their expectations. The divorcee Noona was his first love, but she was never in his league. So it was a doomed love. Hwa Young was too ambitious for him, and Rara ... we don't know yet. Maybe something in the bedroom department? Hehe.

The other thing I really want to know is this - if he considers the times with Soo Jin the best times of his life, then what held him back way back then? Was it Noona? Or does Soo Jin pre-date all the others?

Omoooo i love episode 2 more and more  :D

but i feel so sad to Soojin because Myung Soo said they are friends. best friend and they didnt date back then aigooooo

Soojin had an one sided love or platonic ???

Do Sang Woo will be the second lead right ??? AIgooo i really like him since i saw him in real life ( he ever had a photoshoot in Tokyo along with korean models two years ago )

i guess i will have a second lead syndrom here :D

@kyunii88 you are here :D

Waves to @mywebfoot . Nice call on him being dumped by all of them. I doubt he was heartbroken over Rara though. That feels like a purely physical relationship. I am glad Hwa Young seems to have found a nice, levelheaded guy. I assume the guy at the party is her fiance. That is one thing I liked about the setup - all four women were given things to do other than just pining over Myung Soo.

I think Soo Jin predates all of them too. Otherwise, why would noona wonder about never hearing about her? But then again Soojin doesn't seem to think she is his first love. Maybe there was overlap.

I have so many questions about Soojin Myungsoo. What made Soojin think they were dating? She can be clueless but she didn't strike me as dumb or delusional. What made them drift apart? Time, life or something more concrete?  Also marked spoiler for 9 ends 2 outs which everybody has to see.

Are we headed to 9 ends 2 outs territory where he thinks he is waiting for his first love? When in reality it was his best friend he thought he didn't have a shot at?

Guest mywebfoot

@dingax *waving back* :)

LOL at Rara being purely physical. I found myself enjoying that actress' clueless face. She's quite funny.

I also agree that Soo Jin doesn't strike me as dumb or delusional. Certainly Myeong Soo was giving off some conflicting signals... which brings us back to waiting for Eps 3 & 4 while waiting for the reveal. I hope there's something meaty in there!

Oooh 9End2Outs?

Didn't think about that connection, but yes, I am curious if we will see a gradual unveiling of their past together. Will it be a case of bad timing? Or deep, deep denial as in the case of In Time With You (did you see that one?)

Annyeong chingu @ruzikie

yeahh i'm everywhere...i hope you will not get bored to see me again...kekekeke....cute2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

How nice you could have met that Second Male Lead in real life...i also watched him in Flower Ramyun Shop...but he just had small role in there....so idk more about him 

I think SJ has one sided love.....she always thinking after Lion (Hwayoung) there was her after HY...but MS said its ended no other ex after....

In my opinion....MS and SJ might didnt even think that they looked a couple than bestfriend back then (especially MS)...they just comfortable to each other and found someone who could trusted during their hard life before.....they'd just get along together very well without any certain relationship and got too focused to pursue their own dream than thinking about lovelife between two.....

Now that I have watched Ep 2 with sub...  I'm glad it's getting more interesting now.  Esp. with the twist that  SJH mistaken that she and him was dating.  Hope this continues to enthral....

How did you figure out...

oo Jin = Bear

Myung Soo = Cheetah

Jiah = Cat

Hwa Young = Lion

Ra Ra = Fox

I thought there's only 3 girlfriends , one cheetah ?  SJH shouldn't be featured in the webtoon at all since she is not his girlfriend? 

@inner

As i said before it was described in teaser...and also in episode 1 and 2 they explained it so clearly who is who......hope it answered your question^^

yes...there are just 3 girlfriends (cat, lion, fox)....but based on teaser/preview just before drama aired SJ is describe as a Bear....and also from the poster Bear and Cheetah are placed in front of other animal characters ------->

1z56yh1.jpg

cr: owner

And for MS is described himself as a cheetah (in ep 2) though his friend thought it was a dog.....LOL

Guest luckystar251095

anyone know the song they use in the beginning  and also play again in the end of ep 2. Thank youuu

Guest raeara

구여친클럽 Ex Girlfriend Club BTS still Song Ji Hyo & Byun Yo Han (cr. ins@tvn_insta) [Eng trans]The weather is nice, you are nice.Ex girlfriend.. no, Soo-jin who has been declared as best friend.This… but what does it mean with this scene full of    happiness?-#Myeong-soo_What is this?#Fighting_Soo-jinoriginal comment:   날씨도 좋고 너도 좋다.구여친이 아닌 절친선고를 받은 수진.이렇게 행복했는데 말이죠…!-#명수양반_이게무슨소리요#힘내요수진씨

구여친클럽 Ex Girlfriend Club BTS still Song Ji Hyo & Byun Yo Han 
(cr. ins@tvn_insta

[Eng trans]
The weather is nice, you are nice.
Ex girlfriend.. no, Soo-jin who has been declared as best friend.
This… but what does it mean with this scene full of happiness?
-
#Myeong-soo_What is this?
#Fighting_Soo-jin

Guest raeara

4 Reasons To Watch 'Ex-Girlfriend Club'

BY Adrienne Stanley | May 08, 2015 10:51 PM EDT

ex-girlfriend-club2-png.png?w=600

Like Us on Facebook 

(Photo : tvN )

The tvN romantic comedy "Ex-Girlfriend Club" premiered on May 8, marking the K-Drama return of Song Ji Hyo, following her 2014 hit "Emergency Couple." "Emergency Couple" approached the fractured dynamics of divorce from a realistic perspective and  "Ex-Girlfriend Club" also provides an unique examination of failed relationships. If you have yet to watch the first episode, here are 4 reasons to watch "Ex-Girlfriend Club." 

1. Song Ji Hyo proves she is more than just a gag woman on "Running Man." 

Song Ji Hyo delivers a strong performance in the first episode, demonstrating her full potential as an actress. She portrays Kim Soo Jin, a film producer who works at a failing company. The majority of her co-workers have been laid off and she is ready to take on any project. She is willing to do anything to drum up business, even if it means compromising her beliefs or kissing up to tempermental starlets.

The episode opens with Soo Jin dressed in period costume, as she attempts to convince a popular actress to join her production. As the episode unfurls, Soo Jin attempts to appease her former co-workers. She puts forth a brave face before the hopeful staff and her brother's family but she is disconcerted about the state of the production company.

Her dismal circumstances begin to improve when the production company is offered the opportunity to adapt a popular webtoon into a film. However, the webtoon is comprised by her ex-boyfriend, Bang Myung Soo. 

ex-girlfriend-club-png.png?w=600

(Photo : tvN )

2. Byun Yo Han has an extensive film career but "Ex-Girlfriend Club" proves that he is destined to be a sought after leading man in K-Drama. 

Byun Yo Han continues the momentum of "Misaeng" with the role of Bang Myung Soo in "Ex-Girlfriend Club." Myung Soo is brilliantly crafted as a character who is not a male chauvanist but is a typical single guy who has difficulty with commitment. He's reunited with Soo Jin in an awkward encounter where he clearly doesn't remember her identity or phone number. His realistic attempts to recall her name enrich the character, straying from the typical goodness of most leading men in K-Drama. 

3. Hwayoung is hilarious as Lara.

Hwayoung pursued an acting career after departing from the girl group T-ARA in 2012. She delivered several appearances including a role in the Lee Seung Gi's romantic comedy, "Love Forecast." Her portrayal of Lara, the ex-girlfriend who is desperately seeking affection from Myung Soo, is comically nuanced.

4. "Ex-Girlfriend Club" benefits from its placement on tvN, one of the most liberal cable networks in Korea. 

The "Reply" and "Flower Boy" series have helped to bolster the liberal romantic comedy lineup at tvN. "Ex-Girlfriend Club" has the potential to deliver nuanced commentary on modern relationships and dating.

"Ex-Girlfriend Club" airs on Fridays and Saturdays in the 8:30 p.m. KST time slot. The series is available with English subtitles on Viki. 

@mywebfoot - I am working through In Time With You right now in prep for the remake. I am a sucker for best friend turned lover stories and I am glad they went with that angle with Soojin even if it makes her a little crazy.

Remember when JA was surprised to know that MS hasn't brought SJ to the sea where in fact he loves the ocean and that scene where they were picking up trash together in SJ's memory? MS told her they can just go when they are in their thirties and successful. Why wait when their thirties when they can just date that time? Maybe he doesn't see her a dating material but a wife material LOOOL (my delulu mind) :D But in all seriousness, it seems like he wants to settle with her when he's finally successful in life. He's afraid he might hurt her if he officially dated her before because they were both still young and their living conditions were unstable. He knows how soft-hearted SJ is. 

And tomorrow is Friday so... HURRAY!!!!!

Archived