[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

@USAFARMGIRL - yes, we all want a happy ending - for a change!   My very first ever ship of a Korean couple happened with YongSeo, I somehow felt that they were savvy enough, smart enough, in love enough to go on after WGM ended, but it's been 5 years and there is still nothing definite.  Our YongSeo hearts were maintained for awhile after the ending by Yong Hwa's confessions that Seohyun was still his ideal type, and Seohyun said they were still close, and then there was the Niigata concert duet, but finally I believe their busy idol life left no time for THEM.   You cannot keep a relationship going when you have no time for that person and are jetting around Asia doing concerts and special events and dramas.   Many Goguma hearts broke when they ended.  But their forum here has gone to 3,000 pages and is still one of the most active in Soompi! 

This is the cruel side to WGM.  A couple spends a year getting close, acting married, going on dates and trips to wonderful places.   Of course, you are going to develop feelings for that person.   Many actors/actresses fall for their leading man/woman when only shooting a movie for a month.   What happens when you are thrown together for a year or more?   Especially with a talented, beautiful idol?  Come on, how can you not fall in love or really like the other person?   And then they end their time together, share a last episode, shed tears, say they will miss each other, and go on with their busy idol lives like nothing on that WGM show even mattered?   Their names are forever linked - how can they ignore that? And this is what they all know will happen, why would they sign up for this show?   Especially Jonghyun, who has seen it all go down with Yong Hwa and Seohyun!   Didn't he see the hurt and pain they went through when their time on WGM ended?

All I can say is I hope this time it is different.   They really seem to care for each other and like spending time together.  JH is from FNC, a management company that doesn't mind their idols having healthy relationships with the opposite sex.  SY is with a small talent agency, she is not part of the evil SM Entertainment (like Seohyun) that controls everything about their talent's lives and signs their artists to slave contracts.   This is a different time even for SM Entertainment.  The SNSD girls are all in public relationships now, except for Sunny and the ever innocent Seohyun.   Even WGM has announced changes, stating that some couples may be able to go on and date for real.

But, again, JH is an idol and faces the wrath of unreasonable fans who believe he belongs only to them and has no right to his own happiness.  hopefully his time on WGM (and our support of him and SY) will temper their delusional wrath and not make it too hard on him or SY.   And he will have his schedules to complete.  Concerts, special appearances, fan meetings, writing/composing new songs, practicing, variety shows.   SY will have new dramas, MVs and CFs to do.   How do they reach a balance with these schedules and maintain a relationship?   If they can make it work on WGM where they only see each other every 2 - 3 weeks or so, they might have a chance.   They would have to understand that this is the conditions of their relationship, that they may be away from each other for long amounts of time.   if they can still keep the fire going under these conditions and temper their jealousy of seeing the person they love acting in love with another person in a drama or photo shoot or commercial then they may succeed in a relationship after WGM. 

I hope and pray to the bottom of my heart and soul that they will survive and have the happy ending they need and we all want and desire!         

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CanadianFan09

JH, when is the BEST TIME to tell SY that you like/love her?

Answer: BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES.

​Cracked me up, this one!

I believe JH and SY live a life under a lot of (public) pressure. So it is not always easy to just be yourself. Even if you don't care too much about other people's opinions, being a professional and growing up with this kind of lifestyle they'd probably still mind the public view on them and their actions at least in some way - simply because if they don't get any approval of the public/their fans they would not be able to continue in this field of work anymore.

It was SY's first shoot and she was with JH, the guy she seems to be attracted to a lot. It is hard to draw a line between her personal feelings (in front of a bunch of people staring at her) and professional work. It'd be the same with - for example - a doctor who would have to do heart surgery on his own mother. Even if you are professional your emotions get in the way while you do a lot bether with a random person. 

I believe they have at least some feelings for each other but they still know it's a show and they've only met a short while ago. That is why I find their progress quite natural. I wouldn't be too pessimistic about them. I actually think they move forward in a pretty good pace.:)

​Thanks for sharing your experiences (assuming you meant fiancé and not finance -- it'd be pretty hard to marry a pile of paper!)

I really liked the surgeon performing surgery on a family member analogy -- It's already a challenge to sincerely try to engage in a romance with a stranger, but to do so under a magnifying class with your family, friends, and millions of potential internet trolls watching... :crazy:

In this situation with SY and JH, they're forced to be always aware of having 3-5 cameras pointed at them. Recall the baseball game:

bM2pPKs.png

We, as viewers, have to always remind ourselves that JongYeon are always under intense scrutiny -- Even when they're "alone" they're still surrounded by cameras:

kRnfU5hm.jpg

They can't but be aware of cameras, and we've seen JH and SY perceiving/treating the cameras as a third person on multiple occasions:

MdYeGUA.png

In such an environment, as a newcomer to variety shows, I'm not surprised by the way SY is behaving/reacting on WGM, it's an impossible task to manage a potential romance with the eyes of the world on her... if she sometimes seems confused or off-balanced, she's only human :)

I think everyone else has already described how people change and react per the situation -- "When in Rome, do as the Romans" -- but I'll touch on the idea that SY is acting shy/innocent and was upset by the lip-touching. I'd disagree and say it's a mistake to "shame" SY for feeling and reacting to the situation.

If we watch the episode, JH was equally, if not more so, flustered!

7xtitEy.png

BnOkJMe.gif

We can see JH was also very flustered with the situation, having to act out someone else's (the photographer's) imaginations with his own "wife" -- if anything, JH felt and reacted more intensely than SY. I'm sure he was concerned, to a degree, about hurting SY's image, but we can also assume he was more concerned about hurting the natural progression of their relationship with advancing things too quickly and not in its correct sequence, at the wrong time and in the wrong place...:wub:

Guest CanadianFan09

@USAFARMGIRL - yes, we all want a happy ending - for a change!   My very first ever ship of a Korean couple happened with YongSeo, I somehow felt that they were savvy enough, smart enough, in love enough to go on after WGM ended, but it's been 5 years and there is still nothing definite.  Our YongSeo hearts were maintained for awhile after the ending by Yong Hwa's confessions that Seohyun was still his ideal type, and Seohyun said they were still close, and then there was the Niigata concert duet, but finally I believe their busy idol life left no time for THEM.   You cannot keep a relationship going when you have no time for that person and are jetting around Asia doing concerts and special events and dramas.   Many Goguma hearts broke when they ended.  But their forum here has gone to 3,000 pages and is still one of the most active in Soompi! 

This is the cruel side to WGM.  A couple spends a year getting close, acting married, going on dates and trips to wonderful places.   Of course, you are going to develop feelings for that person.   Many actors/actresses fall for their leading man/woman when only shooting a movie for a month.   What happens when you are thrown together for a year or more?   Especially with a talented, beautiful idol?  Come on, how can you not fall in love or really like the other person?   And then they end their time together, share a last episode, shed tears, say they will miss each other, and go on with their busy idol lives like nothing on that WGM show even mattered?   Their names are forever linked - how can they ignore that? And this is what they all know will happen, why would they sign up for this show?   Especially Jonghyun, who has seen it all go down with Yong Hwa and Seohyun!   Didn't he see the hurt and pain they went through when their time on WGM ended?

All I can say is I hope this time it is different.   They really seem to care for each other and like spending time together.  JH is from FNC, a management company that doesn't mind their idols having healthy relationships with the opposite sex.  SY is with a small talent agency, she is not part of the evil SM Entertainment (like Seohyun) that controls everything about their talent's lives and signs their artists to slave contracts.   This is a different time even for SM Entertainment.  The SNSD girls are all in public relationships now, except for Sunny and the ever innocent Seohyun.   Even WGM has announced changes, stating that some couples may be able to go on and date for real.

But, again, JH is an idol and faces the wrath of unreasonable fans who believe he belongs only to them and has no right to his own happiness.  hopefully his time on WGM (and our support of him and SY) will temper their delusional wrath and not make it too hard on him or SY.   And he will have his schedules to complete.  Concerts, special appearances, fan meetings, writing/composing new songs, practicing, variety shows.   SY will have new dramas, MVs and CFs to do.   How do they reach a balance with these schedules and maintain a relationship?   If they can make it work on WGM where they only see each other every 2 - 3 weeks or so, they might have a chance.   They would have to understand that this is the conditions of their relationship, that they may be away from each other for long amounts of time.   if they can still keep the fire going under these conditions and temper their jealousy of seeing the person they love acting in love with another person in a drama or photo shoot or commercial then they may succeed in a relationship after WGM. 

I hope and pray to the bottom of my heart and soul that they will survive and have the happy ending they need and we all want and desire!         

​If we can only help them fulfill that, we will, won't we? But the sad fact remains that they are living extremely extraordinary lives, one that they have worked so hard for. We, as their loyal and supportive fans would love for them to be "REAL", to continue as they are right now and live happily ever after like they so wish to have.

all we can ever do is hope and pray that everything goes our way, if not then at least for them to be the best of friends who will support each other (and maybe later they will finally give in and be together) sorry i got carried away! hehehe.

Yes, this show is cruel, just like my sister said, she stopped watching WGM because it broke her heart a few times already, seeing as how the couples have to separate just as soon as they are finally comfortable being "married".

Shucks, I am so tempted to create a fanfic for our couple just to fulfill my craving for a happy ending for them, I did that for Khuntoria (even though those two are never going to be together, we shippers still hold on to the feelings they imparted while they were on the show, Actually, SY is sort of like Victoria, cute but frank! i wish our cp will also stay more than a year), we'll see.

Happy spazzing my dear friends, our couple deserves it! :D

Guest CanadianFan09

​Bahaha ... don't quote me on that, I'm far from an expert on WGM couples ... 

But wouldn't it be great if they do really date for  real after the show?

I was thinking that since JH hasn't served his military service that, they will date after the show, he will go to MS while still with SY, the 2 years he will be gone would give her enough room/time to make progress on her career.  He comes back and they get married .... hahaha ... that's just a thought, my delusional mind ..:crazy:

​Hahaha that's a wonderful plan! Maybe you should suggest it to JY, he might like that idea, he might not need a lot of convincing!

​We can see JH was also very flustered with the situation, having to act out someone else's (the photographer's) imaginations with his own "wife" -- if anything, JH felt and reacted more intensely than SY. I'm sure he was concerned, to a degree, about hurting SY's image, but we can also assume he was more concerned about hurting the natural progression of their relationship with advancing things too quickly and not in its correct sequence, at the wrong time and in the wrong place...:wub:

​Sorry for my English! I am not a native speaker and since it is quite late over here I didn't look too closely for typos etc.:sweatingbullets:

You are completely right! They are always surrounded by at least cameras. I wouldn't be able to do anything if I had to go on a date like that! I'd constantly be worried about how I come across to the people watching the video later on...

Also you summed up exactly what I felt when I saw the accidental kiss. To me this moment seemed so real. The gestures he was making towards SY... He immediately made sure she knew he didn't mean for this to happen. The way he reacted he actually looked shocked and a bit upset about it. Still, he tried to play it down and not make a big deal about it because (my opinion) he didn't want SY to become all uncomfortable. I also believe that he was worried about the natural progress and thoughtful as he is I am quite sure that he wanted to create a memorable moment for their first kiss so this incident wasn't his plan at all. If he could he would probably erase this accidental touch from their history. But since he couldn't do that he just said he doesn't remember their lips touching and that it doesn't count.

Guest CanadianFan09

I will just add to what @pre said about SY's supposedly getting upset over the "almost kiss", if you look at the scene/clip. she was not upset, more of delightedly surprised, she giggles and slightly turns away while JY was getting worked up about it. So she teased him while they were checking the shot. LOL!

In the BRI she was only saying that she didn't count that as their fist kiss, obviously the incident was not what she wanted her first kiss to be like, with JY going "No, no,no!" Hahahah

that bothers me the most. ​if they ask her to kiss her partner, then she does it.. thats what I understand. photographer said, even its acting, look natural. if they are acting (being professional) she should do better, if they are not they should enjoy the moment. she really made a big deal about the kiss. like MC said, so what, if they kiss. sometimes she is acting shy/innocent, sometimes bold. actually that touch (I dont count it as a kiss) accident, he tried to hold her but that movement made her move forward, he looked suprised too. he pulled himself away immediately. she said she doesnt do aegyo but she is full of it. sometimes they are acting like its a drama, sometimes real. I dont know what to believe any more.

btw still have to read 100 pages... WOW.

I'm sorry I had to un-lurk for this because I don't understand ur reasons for being confused or having doubts. Seungyeon CLEARLY said she was ONLY nervous & made a big deal out of it bcuz she was shooting w/ Jonghyun, her "husband", the guy she has FEELINGS for, not just some random costar in a drama who she could give a whoot about. Put yourself in her shoes, if u liked a guy, would you feel 100% comfortable having your face 2 centimeters away from eacother when you haven't had your first kiss yet? Plus they are like 10 ppl in the room with cameras of all angles. I actually felt bad for both of them for being forced like that as they both looked really uncomfortable but it was a job so they just had to go w/ the flow. Her aegyo isnt something she claims she doesn't have but intentionally does anyway. All the times she's acted "cute",  It just naturally came out of her & it even surprised herself & her own father. 

My advice is to listen more deeply to their conversations & BRI so you don't miss anything or try not to find little things to be critical about  (which is understandable) because they have that "it's too good to be true" love story. Don't worry, be happy! Lol

Guest CanadianFan09

My advice is to listen more deeply to their conversations & BRI so you don't miss anything or try not to find little things to be critical about  (which is understandable) because they have that "it's too good to be true" love story. 

​you beat me to it! :D well said.

that bothers me the most. ​if they ask her to kiss her partner, then she does it.. thats what I understand. photographer said, even its acting, look natural. if they are acting (being professional) she should do better, if they are not they should enjoy the moment. she really made a big deal about the kiss. like MC said, so what, if they kiss. sometimes she is acting shy/innocent, sometimes bold. actually that touch (I dont count it as a kiss) accident, he tried to hold her but that movement made her move forward, he looked suprised too. he pulled himself away immediately. she said she doesnt do aegyo but she is full of it. sometimes they are acting like its a drama, sometimes real. I dont know what to believe any more.

btw still have to read 100 pages... WOW.

​Ummm...innocent question so but please don't get offended if I'm wrong...are you a true fan of this couple, or just jonghyun? Maybe it's a language thing, but I get this vibe that sounds like you don't really like her with him. It's not the first post that made me wonder this and everyone is allowed to post their thoughts (to a point). Please forgive me is I misunderstood and you are just looking for clarification, but phrases like "that bothers me the most"...means that you are bothered by her :)  Just want to make sure this a couple ship and not just a JH ship and to make sure it clarified WE LOVE THEM BOTH HERE! 

There are natural times and there are other times when they need to address a question that is suggested by the PD. These are the times that come across as a little awkward...I can pick them out a mile away!

What's the big deal with her kissing him? The MC's made a big deal about it themselves LOL, and touching of lips!!! He looked irritated at himself for making that situation happened (it was only a split second but the corner of his mouth was saying, "Darn it!"!!

Why is she sometimes bold and sometimes shy?  SY is someone who is constantly battling herself...whether it's shyness or boldness her strength seems to flucuate because her personality is naturally shy. Sometimes she needs to rustle up some courage to do things that non-shy people would not understand...I live with someone like that. When they are being bold, it is not a constant state of mind, it always goes back to shy. Sometimes she's got her head together...and other times she is more weak willed. JH is not consistent either. That day of the photoshoot they were tired, he may handle tiredness differently than SY. His suggestion to get another hand kiss was met with an "Oh please, don't be cheesy right now? " She was stinkin' tired LOL!!! I"m like that with my man...he can be a little cheesy sometimes and if I'm not in the mood for it I just let the cheese roll on by and ignore it LOL!!!! She is probably past the point of getting all giddy when he suggests things, he's done it so many times she may be immune LOL. BUT if he made a serious move on her...and she new it wasn't just cheese...she would be on alert :D 

I will just add to what @pre said about SY's supposedly getting upset over the "almost kiss", if you look at the scene/clip. she was not upset, more of delightedly surprised, she giggles and slightly turns away while JY was getting worked up about it. So she teased him while they were checking the shot. LOL!

In the BRI she was only saying that she didn't count that as their fist kiss, obviously the incident was not what she wanted her first kiss to be like, with JY going "No, no,no!" Hahahah

​I agree! I have this feeling that JH was upset because 1. he promised not to kiss SY and did not want to break his promise  2. he did not want their first kiss to happen in this setting, since it may seem like he is taking advantage of her in this situation. 

Thanks for all the wonderful translators and those who put up the English subs.

The extra unaired clip is amazing. Thanks MBC for putting up all these clips. Even though JH and SY are really tired after the photoshoot, they are still sweet. The way they talk and look at each other is full of affection. I love how they never forget to praise one another. It really does feel to me that spending time with SY is JH healing time. 

Has this been shared?

SY liked JH's most recent Instagram :)

JH update 05/27/15 - 8:31AM

caption: 아침부터 출근이라니!!!
출근이라니!!!!?ㅋㅋ
trans: I have to work from morning!!!
I have to work!!!!? keke

LJ7KXWl.png

From @ohhotdeym's Tumblr and DC Gall

Good Morning Beautiful Brownies... Thursday here again... I wonder if we gonna have another filming today... I'm getting a bit spoiled with the two lovebirds meeting on weekly basis (I hope weekly instead of bi-weekly)

True blues brownies will never be in doubt... call us delusional, call us anything you want to coz we know we're head over heals in love with this couple... follow your heart, who knows it might open your mind ...

** such a beautiful morning!!**

^^So many skin-baring outfits with the InStyle shoot

JH's reaction :wub:

​Isn't it interesting how JH's arms show an X in the BRI when he was asked about the lip-touching incident as in It did not happen/count! while the X-symbol also stands for a kiss in English messages? I find that kind of funny:P

I hope they will have a real one sometime soon when the time is right. Then all the discussions about the almost kiss can be over and done with. I bet JH doesn't even want to hear about it himself since I am quite sure that he had a different plan in mind. Also we would have new progress to spazz about. But what ever they do, I will probably love it anyway since they never fail to surprise me with their sweetness.:)

Guest gingerschnaps

What's the big deal about her kissing him?

seungyeon said she don't want to consider it their "first kiss". For me i think she dont want to do it accidentaly or randomly. She wanted it to be special, probably in the right setup not mandated by the photographers. She is quite open to the possibility they will kiss. I understand her not going for it right away, because she is just a proper lady well brought up and i think jonghyun like her more for that. If not then we will see his affection will diminish. But we didn't see any signs of stopping now, did we? Sy is a young vibrant girl enjoying her relationship fantasies being realised through wgm. Do u remember how she keeps mentioning how certain acts fulfills her fantasies? As for jh he truly enjoyed spending quality time with her, so even if he has lack of sleep barely an hour he still came for photoshoot or when his eyes got hurt, he still resume filming with her.

​Bahaha ... don't quote me on that, I'm far from an expert on WGM couples ... 

But wouldn't it be great if they do really date for  real after the show?

I was thinking that since JH hasn't served his military service that, they will date after the show, he will go to MS while still with SY, the 2 years he will be gone would give her enough room/time to make progress on her career.  He comes back and they get married .... hahaha ... that's just a thought, my delusional mind ..:crazy:

​I guess even if we have watched all couples at wgm, we still cannot tell how and when it is real or reel.  MC Misun have been there since day 1, and there are still things she finds new and fascinating with every couple.

Your thought of JH doing his MS while SY progresses in her career is not far-fetched. I was actually thinking the same too, and maybe other Brownies have the same thought as well.  In my opinion, although we are delusional at times, there are still times we try to look at them realistically/objectively in terms of their lives outside WGM too. 

Here's to hoping that our couple through WGM may continue to be a couple even outside WGM.  Though I feel, being a couple outside WGM will be very private (meaning we might not be made aware of it), there may be complexities as to career paths and professional undertakings, no matter how or when, still I wish the stars will pull JH and SY at the same path and make this beautiful couple end up together.

Archived