[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

OMG, this has become my second most favorite episode after last week!!

JH, why didn't you kiss her, you idiot? But seriously as a guy I know why ... when we guys really like a girl emotionally we think girls want their first kisses to be special and memorable. The reason JH is so worried about kissing in my opinion is he really does have honest feelings for SY. He was thinking do I want our first kiss on the lips to be at a baseball game and after she guzzled a beer, is she maybe buzzed, and would a girl I love really want this moment to be our first lips kiss. A guy interested in just the physical would've went for it in that moment.

Question: Did any of us shippers catch the Orange Marmalude scene SY mentioned in the car? I personally think this was a secret thing between the two SY out of the blue mentions. She mentions it because she wants people to be aware of the scene but not that they planned it together as a sign between the two.

Also about the planned song, pictures, etc., they obviously talk on the phone. SY doesn't like singing (it's when she looks the most vulnerable in my opinion) and I think JH helped her overcome her fears to do it.

THEN TO THE QUICK EDIT TO SUNGLASSES: did you catch how they suddenly had their sunglasses on. Even in real and not reel situations, WGM will still have some directions and ideas and I think the whole jealousy storyline is WGM's idea. Why did they go to sunglasses and that cut and to the Jingoo jealousy storyline like that? After that odd cut because time had to be taken to put on the sunglasses and notice JH's coat is only half now on SY's shoulders, I really think the jealousy stuff is inserted and WGM's idea. 

(I didn't have to time to proofread my comments well, so forgive me if I made tons of grammar mistakes)

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THEN TO THE QUICK EDIT TO SUNGLASSES: did you catch how they suddenly had their sunglasses on. Even in real and not reel situations, WGM will still have some directions and ideas and I think the whole jealousy storyline is WGM's idea. Why did they go to sunglasses and that cut and to the Jingoo jealousy storyline like that? After that odd cut because time had to be taken to put on the sunglasses and notice JH's coat is only half now on SY's shoulders, I really think the jealousy stuff is inserted and WGM's idea. 

(I didn't have to time to proofread my comments well, so forgive me if I made tons of grammar mistakes)

I think the jealousy thing happened small bits over time ...hours maybe. When you put them all together in a 20 minute segment it looks like the main event, but it really wasn't. 

He IS pretty possessive though. He has a lot of rules of things he doesn't want her to do..she can't crinkle her nose even LOL. He must have told her at some point not to do this in front of people, but it wasn't aired on the show...lol!!! 

They show his possessiveness so often it makes me subconciously think about it, even if the subtitles don't bring it up. Like the baseball player coaching SY, the guy complimenting her and encouraging her as they walked down the hall to go pitch (I watched his lips to see if he was bothered by the compliment the player made to her...I think it bothered him a little because he wants to be the one to calm her down). I don't know if I'm just seeing things or what because the editing has programmed me to look for his possessiveness if that makes sense...Have I been brainwashed? LOL!!!! :D  

He really wasn't interested in his "cheerleader" friend or the dancing girls. Even though she got jealous, he seemed a little bit innocent/oblivious. How he brought it up was very innocent too...just like telling her his friend was working as a cheerleader.  JH has a lot of friends, if he wanted to make a move on people and girls he already knows, he would have done it already...his personality requires immediate action on stuff like that  :D I like the way she shows jealousy though. She really doesn't get all bent about it, she laughs at it and plays with the idea. When JH felt like they played enough, he worried she may have started to get hurt by it and he reassured her he was only joking. 

Guest duisburger

Hahaha... JH is really a possessive!! It seems that he just want to lock SY up in his apartment fom the look of it. 

the episode highlights on their life differences - one is hugely popular idol and another is rookie actress. He is more relaxed but guarded when in public (except when eating, he basically swallowed the food) but she is nervous and more care-free. So i bet we wont see any kiss in public for these two. So WGM PD, please give them more secluded scenes. Both of them relaxing/ doing chores at their house can be one of it. 

JH is possessive! It seems like he does not want SY to unintentionally charm all the other guys out there. I actually thought he had mixed feelings too when SY did the aegyo to his dad in Busan. It felt like as soon SY did the aegyo, he regretted that she showed her charm to FIL. I can't really explain it, but JH was watching his father's reaction and JH had this conflicted look. It was like JH suddenly realised even his most admired father is not immune to SY's charms, so therefore all the other guys will love SY too.

I still love the part where SY wont he competition and walked back to JH. SY was very cute and JH was so supportive. They really felt like a couple to me at that moment in time, how she naturally fell into him and him asking if she was drunk. I am excited about the wedding party. I think it will be a blast.

I agree with you @happy2bhere about JH looking at the cheerleader and dancing girls. If anything it felt like JH was trying to see if his friend was among the cheerleaders.

Guest Hickk

"Tell me when to do it"

Waattt? JH are you sure you dated before?

Ah, I know she was disappointed, but he also realized it wasn't the right time to kiss her. Too many bad things could have happened with that kiss to even comprehend the magnitude. He was thinking about the future consequences of an innocent kiss. I think he did well by asking her opinion, did she want him to go for it or not? Since she didn't answer, he got his answer. He could have quickly done it though LOL. The funnier thing...he now can't threaten her with a kiss...because now she will call his bluff because  he now knows she wants the kiss!!!!!!

Sorry, have to disagree there. Firstly, they are obviously talking about just a cheek kiss right? (someone said poppo = peck, kiss = kiss)

I don't think any backlash will happen with kissing. Heck, they could be kissing every episode and I don' t think the public will care. The only thing will happen is fans (us) will love it, and haters who see it will go "Meh, it's scripted".

If you want more examples, Yewon kissed Henry on the lips. Did they get any backlash? And I remember someone showed me a Super Junior member did a full on kiss with his partner for his last WGM episode. I don't think anything happened then. Or: Female idols who claim they've never dated, then go on and do a kiss scene for their first drama. The only thing that happens is fanboys crying. The public doesn't care.

The only thing that's stopping them, I think, is timing for JH (good news for SY that he's not a guy that kisses easily) and embarrassment from being seen by their families. Does JH have a problem with showing a mouth kiss? Not from the way he freshened his mouth in Busan! And SY is basically getting impatient and asking him to just do it. She wants him to be equally as spontaneous with that.

JH's audio in his Seoul fanmeeting (by fans) CR: DC

His voice melted my heart .....

Starlit night is like one of my fav song he wrote..with blind love..jh writes really good ballads..i cant wait for the song he wrote for sy to be finished..it already sounded so good 

It's my fave too and voice. everytime he sings starlit night, he looks like the most gorgeous man alive on earth, sooo handsome lol. and the song he wrote for sy, i don't think he's gonna sing it in their wedding because it's a fun wedding not a romantic one. Perhaps he's going to sing it on their honeymoon, that's more like it. 

JH's audio in his Seoul fanmeeting (by fans) CR: DC

His voice melted my heart .....

Starlit night is like one of my fav song he wrote..with blind love..jh writes really good ballads..i cant wait for the song he wrote for sy to be finished..it already sounded so good 

It's my fave too and voice. everytime he sings starlit night, he looks like the most gorgeous man alive on earth, sooo handsome lol. and the song he wrote for sy, i don't think he's gonna sing it in their wedding because it's a fun wedding not a romantic one. Perhaps he's going to sing it on their honeymoon, that's more like it. 

So true! Starlit night is so additive. I love "thank you" as well. JH's voice is absolutely beautiful.

"Tell me when to do it"

Ah, I know she was disappointed, but he also realized it wasn't the right time to kiss her. Too many bad things could have happened with that kiss to even comprehend the magnitude. He was thinking about the future consequences of an innocent kiss. I think he did well by asking her opinion, did she want him to go for it or not? Since she didn't answer, he got his answer. He could have quickly done it though LOL. The funnier thing...he now can't threaten her with a kiss...because now she will call his bluff because  he now knows she wants the kiss!!!!!!

Sorry, have to disagree there. Firstly, they are obviously talking about just a cheek kiss right? (someone said poppo = peck, kiss = kiss)

I don't think any backlash will happen with kissing. Heck, they could be kissing every episode and I don' t think the public will care. The only thing will happen is fans (us) will love it, and haters who see it will go "Meh, it's scripted".

If you want more examples, Yewon kissed Henry on the lips. Did they get any backlash? And I remember someone showed me a Super Junior member did a full on kiss with his partner for his last WGM episode. I don't think anything happened then. Or: Female idols who claim they've never dated, then go on and do a kiss scene for their first drama. The only thing that happens is fanboys crying. The public doesn't care.

The only thing that's stopping them, I think, is timing for JH (good news for SY that he's not a guy that kisses easily) and embarrassment from being seen by their families. Does JH have a problem with showing a mouth kiss? Not from the way he freshened his mouth in Busan! And SY is basically getting impatient and asking him to just do it. She wants him to be equally as spontaneous with that.

We can agreeably disagree about the why, but we do agree on Timing..it just wasn't the right time.I believe he can kiss her with ease in the car or in a private room, but seeing how possessive he is with her..a public kiss feels so far away. He is in uber protection mode because she doesn't know any better! 

General public wouldn't care...fangirls of 5 years would have a huge outcry! We even have someone that posts in this forum that can only find bad things about SY when she has done nothing wrong...what would happen if they kissed! Henry's fans are nothing compared to the fangirls of CNBlue's JH..it's not really comparing the same kind of manic fan love. I think because they seem so real (and his fans are starting to catch on to it), he doesn't want to risk it ...especially for her reputation. He's seen what happened to YH when he was on the show, heck he lived it LOL and they never even kiss! It could only hurt her if things turn bad. Plus, this was a live broadcast..what episode were we all watching when this live broadcast was taking place? That could totally ruin "storyline" issues with WGM. ...Bad timing is true.

I love than JH is type of guy who not easily to give kiss..... but the question: "tell me when you want the kiss and I will take care of it" .... make me lol...... until my stomach hurt.... 

the best thing is SY is very easy going person.... and always take everything lightly... thats make men/fanboy will love her

I love than JH is type of guy who not easily to give kiss..... but the question: "tell me when you want the kiss and I will take care of it" .... make me lol...... until my stomach hurt.... 

the best thing is SY is very easy going person.... and always take everything lightly... thats make men/fanboy will love her

Do you think he would have done it if she said, "Right Now?" ..LOL She didn't tell him when, but she has one coming for sure! 

Guest Hickk

"Tell me when to do it"

We can agreeably disagree about the why, but we do agree on Timing..it just wasn't the right time.I believe he can kiss her with ease in the car or in a private room, but seeing how possessive he is with her..a public kiss feels so far away. He is in uber protection mode because she doesn't know any better! 

General public wouldn't care...fangirls of 5 years would have a huge outcry! We even have someone that posts in this forum that can only find bad things about SY when she has done nothing wrong...what would happen if they kissed! Henry's fans are nothing compared to the fangirls of CNBlue's JH..it's not really comparing the same kind of manic fan love. I think because they seem so real (and his fans are starting to catch on to it), he doesn't want to risk it ...especially for her reputation. He's seen what happened to YH when he was on the show, heck he lived it LOL and they never even kiss! It could only hurt her if things turn bad. Plus, this was a live broadcast..what episode were we all watching when this live broadcast was taking place? That could totally ruin "storyline" issues with WGM.

Great point! It's only fangirls that will care, and they can do nothing. Kiss or not, by the end of Jongyeon's WGM, they will hate SY (if not already). But most of them (if my past experience is correct) will pretend it doesn't exist, it was fake, and ignore it. The MOST they can do, is post hateful comments on SY's articles (like we're seeing now). But the good news is, SY is already building a fanbase, so there will be people defending her.

Also, sorry to JH, but I think Henry is definitely more popular. He's from THE Super Junior, and he had his own solo debut and tons of variety shows.

I'm sorry I can't figure out how to quote anymore at soompi.

@happy2bhere you mentioned the baseball player scene and that scene was what really made me happy as a guy. The baseball player wasn't flirting at all in my view and was really impressed because SY throws a baseball really good. Then like a shipper after JH taps a hit the baseball player says quit dating you two. But before that comment he teased JH about his stance and bottom and JH's laughter and facial expressions seemed to me like he and the baseball player knew each other as friends. 

Do you think he would have done it if she said, "Right Now?" ..LOL She didn't tell him when, but she has one coming for sure! 

lol... I don't know, he would do it or not if she said right now?..... how do you think? :D 

Well JH needs to make the move. It doesn't  help if he keeps making 'empthy' 'threats' to kiss her. Wahaha she will call him bluff. If he is worried about  her being ready think of it as a gradual progression; kiss on the head then cheeks then.....

Some things cant be asked.. it just happen depending on the mood so i propose more alone time in the car or room... no VJs just the cameras. Fireworks will erupt.

I dont know about you guys, it is a mood killer to me if my BF asked me..."shall i kiss you/ do you want a kiss?" 

But I guess JH is being really cautious about this. Quite the gentleman here. Except for handholding, everything else he had lead SY to do it first. 

If there were no cameras around, I bet JH would have just kissed SY!

yeah i agree, they are more intimate when they are alone and there's no vj's , Misun had mentioned it before..remembering the busan ep  where they were in the car i think JH was just holding back  i think he really wanted to kiss her right then and there..

i also wanted to add when these are looking at each other i can't take it!! it's soooo intense!! I was rewatching the photoshoot ep and i'm melting!! 

I would've likely kissed her in that moment, 1 beer is just a beer and the thought of cameras wouldn't have been on my mind, but she did in my view pretend not knowing she was drunk and fell into his arms jokingly. We all know South Korean netizens and the media would've of made a huge scandal out of JH kissing her after downing a beer if he did kiss her. JH made the right choice. SY fell as a joke into his arms but you know Korean media wouldn't of treated it as a joke because 90% of upvotes and netizens don't watch WGM, they just leave critical and snarky comments. JH while we shippers understand their relationship and progress would want that kiss and I did in the moment too, JH made a good call.

SY's cheek kiss for his birthday doesn't count.  From the games they've played, she still owes JH a kiss.

Meh. JH is all talk and no action at this point.  Talk is cheap.  lol...  I can't wait for SY to call him on it.  I wanna see if he'll actually follow through with it.  Something tells me, I should doubt it.

...just saying...  I'll put my $5 bet on the table and be *happy* to pay up, but with WGM and celebrity idols, more often than not if I put up the $5 bet I'd have made a heck of a lot of money. lol...

SY's cheek kiss for his birthday doesn't count.  From the games they've played, she still owes JH a kiss.

Meh. JH is all talk and no action at this point.  Talk is cheap.  lol...  I can't wait for SY to call him on it.  I wanna see if he'll actually follow through with it.  Something tells me, I should doubt it.

...just saying...  I'll put my $5 bet on the table and be *happy* to pay up, but with WGM and celebrity idols, more often than not if I put up the $5 bet I'd have made a heck of a lot of money. lol...

he has the passion but have alot problem/situation to think and consider (be the idol things).... just wait to the right moment, it could be sooner or just on the last episode like wooyong 2PM and leetuk....... 

Archived