[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

Guest zzzennnn

@furogu agree! longtime fans of cnblue would always think that they are musicians first. having been in the industry for so many years i don't think they will ever forget that he is from cnblue. 

also agree that in real life, you don't have to always "like" each and every post of your signifant other.. jeez, clingy much? lol! i'd rather show my love for someone privately.. if ya know what i mean... B) (oops sorry ahjumma moment lol!!) 

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Sorry to ride on your comment and I totally agree with you on this.  I would just like to elaborate a bit more about 'oppa's fans'.  I'm one myself and I'm just trying to provide more insight from my POV.  There are definitely some unreasonable fans out there who just hates it if oppa is with a girl but the CNBLUE fandom is largely an older crowd (20s - 40s maybe?) and can accept if oppa is dating.  What I think the fans cannot accept is when he is only known for his WGM identity and if everything about him resolves around it.  Case in point, IG likes, IG mentions to SY, couple items (whether he wears them or not), etc.  CNBLUE worked very hard to get to where they are today (musicians, composer, live skills) and while majority of the fans are ok with them being on shows like WGM or even dating, they will not be ok if their identity as musicians get overshadowed by a so-called reel relationship.  To us fans, JH is first and foremost a musician and a guitarist of CNBLUE.  He has worked very hard for it and it would be a shame if after all that, what he is known now is just another cute, dorky and devoted husband in WGM.  I do believe however, that the two identities can co-exist.  As long as shippers still respect that he has a life and friends (yes, even female ones!) outside WGM and let him do his own thing when it's not WGM time.

Having said that, I wouldn't worry too much about the IG likes or the phone case either.  Because really, if he's always spotted with them or he's consistently liking her IG posts, I feel that it screams fan service.  Honestly, how many of us in real life will consistently go and like and comment on a FB or IG post of our significant other?  We've seen in WGM that he's a guy that goes after what he wants.  If SY is really THE ONE, I'm sure he'll pursue her and I feel that he'll do that privately and not under the prying eyes of us fans.  I think that more real that putting up a show?  Hope I'm not offending anyone with this.    

Edit : seeing that your username is @burningwithlove, I think you're part of CNBLUE fandom too?  If yes, please feel free to correct me if what I've understood about the fandom is wrong or inaccurate.  :)

Sorry I edited out the previous bit so it won't be to long. Also, apologies if I offended you at all dear. When I used the "oppa" reference I certainly didn't mean that CNB fans in general would not accept that he was also doing WGM. I hope I didn't sound like I was generalizing coz I wasn't. I'm so happy to hear that a large number of their fans are also older. That's great actually (lol, I'm not a youngling either. Everyone in CNB would call me noona) 

I think we are totally on the same page with this because I firmly believe that he has made sacrifices to be part of CNB and for his music and he deserves every bit of fame and fortune that comes his way. It is tied in to his success with CNB and I totally understand that support it too. So him wanting to keep some things separate from his WGM filming and SY is completely reasonable and normal. He will have other friends and activities and this is to be expected. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly that both his CNB life and WGM can co exist and he will be the best judge of how to go about that. As fans we can support him...

He and SY do seem like they'd purse things privately if they were interested in each other. As much as I love cooing about them on WGM I always have a reality check when I see all those cameras around them in behind-the-scenes pics. It makes me wonder how they can be natural when there's so much going on around them...so what we see on screen might be a fraction of what really happens or might be different. That said, we can hope! ;)

My username tends to cause some confusion, hehe. Its actually a phrase from a song I loved by Susan Ashton called "You move me". Just the other day someone messaged me on tumblr to ask me if I was a Jonghyun fan coz of my name. It was only then that I realized that people linked the "burning" to Jonghyun. Complete coincidence really. But that said, I've been a casual CNB fan for a few years...but recently been following them closely thanks to Jonghyun.

I wouldn't know too much about the fandom itself dear but I'd like to think they are welcoming for the most part. I'm actually a huge VIXX fan and one thing I enjoy in that fandom is the fact that lots of fans are great about the boys collaborating with other girls/girl groups. I'd like to think CNB fans were similar.

OMO sorry. Long post!

EDIT: @zzzennnn allow me to join you in your ajumma moment! ;):D I feel the same way about social media. I tend to prefer to tell ppl in private about how I feel. I think that holds more weight.

Guest ohhotdeym

​LOL, so its a hit or miss then? ;) Thank you for the respoLets hold fast for this weekend's ep. Trust me, when he does something that hints at SY or their little WGM conversations I get all excited too. But I think we should probably not get too disheartened if both of them are quieter on IG about things. To me, they are easily the most compatible WGM couple I've seen, but lets watch how all this goes. Slow and steady for our Brown Eyed Babies.:wub:

​Sorry to ride on your comment and I totally agree with you on this.  I would just like to elaborate a bit more about 'oppa's fans'.  I'm one myself and I'm just trying to provide more insight from my POV.  There are definitely some unreasonable fans out there who just hates it if oppa is with a girl but the CNBLUE fandom is largely an older crowd (20s - 40s maybe?) and can accept if oppa is dating.  What I think the fans cannot accept is when he is only known for his WGM identity and if everything about him resolves around it.  Case in point, IG likes, IG mentions to SY, couple items (whether he wears them or not), etc.  CNBLUE worked very hard to get to where they are today (musicians, composer, live skills) and while majority of the fans are ok with them being on shows like WGM or even dating, they will not be ok if their identity as musicians get overshadowed by a so-called reel relationship.  To us fans, JH is first and foremost a musician and a guitarist of CNBLUE.  He has worked very hard for it and it would be a shame if after all that, what he is known now is just another cute, dorky and devoted husband in WGM.  I do believe however, that the two identities can co-exist.  As long as shippers still respect that he has a life and friends (yes, even female ones!) outside WGM and let him do his own thing when it's not WGM time.

Having said that, I wouldn't worry too much about the IG likes or the phone case either.  Because really, if he's always spotted with them or he's consistently liking her IG posts, I feel that it screams fan service.  Honestly, how many of us in real life will consistently go and like and comment on a FB or IG post of our significant other?  We've seen in WGM that he's a guy that goes after what he wants.  If SY is really THE ONE, I'm sure he'll pursue her and I feel that he'll do that privately and not under the prying eyes of us fans.  I think that more real that putting up a show?  Hope I'm not offending anyone with this.    

Edit : seeing that your username is @burningwithlove, I think you're part of CNBLUE fandom too?  If yes, please feel free to correct me if what I've understood about the fandom is wrong or inaccurate.  :)

​Can I just say how much I love reading this? Sometimes what we really need here are logical posts from some brownies. I've encountered couple items before in my old ships, spazzed over it and then got knocked over by reality.. This is how WGM really works with all the fanservice. But it's just so hard not to ship BE! :wub: lol They're just so sweet and natural together.. And I love the fact that some of BOICEs are starting to love this couple too. Just proves that NOT ALL BOICES ARE MELONS :) 

edit: I know there are other BOICEs who loves to watch WGM too and loves to see BE. They just don't want to be labeled as shippers. Still.. I know they love this couple so.. it's still a good thing. Some of us here are BOICE too, right? 

This thread just needs to be more welcoming to other people's thoughts. Just because some of us have different opinions and views doesn't mean we don't have the same goal here. Aren't we all wishing the both of them to be happy? :D 

@burningwithlove oh dear, no I'm not offended at all.  In fact, I should apologize because I used your post to elaborate a point.  Sorry!  And really, no offense taken whatsoever.  :)

I guess I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest regarding the fandom and shippers.  I'm a noona (maybe ahjumma?) to CNB too.  Lol.  I just used the word oppa for convenience. :D

Love your post and your insights, btw :) 

Guest yuiivip

My theory of IG like and phone case

phone case : remember he lost keychain?? Why? Because he took it to Jeju (OM shooting) may be he thought it's the best to keep it since stickers are easy to torn and damage. 

IG likes : it's the best to play push and pull.

SY's puppies post

JH: she is talking about me? Aigoo~ keyeowo *click like*

JH's AOA post

SY: I know what you are doing behind my back! Treating other girls so nice?? *click like*

@burningwithlove oh dear, no I'm not offended at all.  In fact, I should apologize because I used your post to elaborate a point.  Sorry!  And really, no offense taken whatsoever.  :)

I guess I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest regarding the fandom and shippers.  I'm a noona (maybe ahjumma?) to CNB too.  Lol.  I just used the word oppa for convenience. :D

Love your post and your insights, btw :) 

​LOL I'm a noona of CNB too, so from one noona to another, *HUGS* :wub: I loved your thoughts and I really appreciated how beautifully you explained them. Hehe, no offence taken on my part either coz it made sense to use my comment. :)

In some fandoms I'm in I've seen ppl get upset when their faves were paired with someone even for a variety show and I used to always think it was a pity because these young men need to also enjoy life and meet people apart from their work. Hehe, glad we are totally on the same page.

Aigoo, I really cannot get @mentions to work like you girls are managing. Its doing my head in! LOL!

Guest vreiya

@burningwithlove hehehe you could try to hit enter before adding any comments. So type the name (don't hit spacebar yet), press enter once, wait for a while till the option comes out, then your comments~ should work that way :lol:

@livemusical it's good to have healthy discussion coz everyone has his/her own opinion on a subject matter. Personally, I tried really hard to refrain myself from talking too much...lol.. talk about how hot tempered I am in real life... but this is how a relationship grow...by voicing out things they like and dislike and I do like how they display their emotions sincerely.

​Your so right, and that is how we grow here too.  By sharing & voicing our likes & dislikes our joys & fears. Sometimes we make a stab in the dark or a guess but it's just that, an idea or thought.  It may or may not be fact but no one knows that for sure....

@burningwithlove hehehe you could try to hit enter before adding any comments. So type the name (don't hit spacebar yet), press enter once, wait for a while till the option comes out, then your comments~ should work that way :lol:

@vreiya ​OMG, I love you! :D You're a sweetheart! Thank you! I just tried it out in this comment and it works!

Given that we missed our JongYeon fix this week, am I terrible to wish we got 2 eps this coming weekend to make up for it? ;) hehe. Wishful thinking, I know.

Guest ayvah

​Sorry to ride on your comment and I totally agree with you on this.  I would just like to elaborate a bit more about 'oppa's fans'.  I'm one myself and I'm just trying to provide more insight from my POV.  There are definitely some unreasonable fans out there who just hates it if oppa is with a girl but the CNBLUE fandom is largely an older crowd (20s - 40s maybe?) and can accept if oppa is dating.  What I think the fans cannot accept is when he is only known for his WGM identity and if everything about him revolves around it.  Case in point, IG likes, IG mentions to SY, couple items (whether he wears them or not), etc.  CNBLUE worked very hard to get to where they are today (musicians, composer, live skills) and while majority of the fans are ok with them being on shows like WGM or even dating, they will not be ok if their identity as musicians get overshadowed by a so-called reel relationship.  To us fans, JH is first and foremost a musician and a guitarist of CNBLUE.  He has worked very hard for it and it would be a shame if after all that, what he is known now is just another cute, dorky and devoted husband in WGM.  I do believe however, that the two identities can co-exist.  As long as shippers still respect that he has a life and friends (yes, even female ones!) outside WGM and let him do his own thing when it's not WGM time.

Having said that, I wouldn't worry too much about the IG likes or the phone case either.  Because really, if he's always spotted with them or he's consistently liking her IG posts, I feel that it screams fan service.  Honestly, how many of us in real life will consistently go and like and comment on a FB or IG post of our significant other?  We've seen in WGM that he's a guy that goes after what he wants.  If SY is really THE ONE, I'm sure he'll pursue her and I feel that he'll do that privately and not under the prying eyes of us fans.  I think that's more real that putting up a show?  Hope I'm not offending anyone with this.    

​@furogu You couldn’t have explained it any better. especially about the fanservice part. and yeah sometimes, the fans' comments on both their their ig are too much. i couldnt decide which is more delulu, the die-heard shippers or the die-hard boice. :D

Honestly, some people just need to chill. If someone thought they had a love quarrel or LQ, let them be. Part of a shipper’s life. Anyway, will get over it after one episode or bts photo lol! I remember that day I freaked out over JH not liking SY’s posts, while SY was on a liking spree. You know, the feels.

As a shipper, I am using both my delulu heart and logical mind. My delulu heart says they’re having an LQ because SY is not liking his posts when before, she would like every post even it was done 24 hours ago. But my logical mind says, of course they don’t hahaha! my logical mind is even telling me right now, “are you sure they’re qualified to get into a lover’s quarrel?” and come on, could we really know what’s happening between them based on their ig interactions alone? I would assume that we are more intelligent than that since we all know how to login to soompi and post here. Lol!

What I am trying to say is, let’s respect each other’s reactions towards our couple because whatever it is, I would assume it’s a sincere feeling. If some shippers thought they were having an LQ right now, let them delulu about it. it would be nice to imagine how they would kiss and make-up. If some shippers thought they were currently dating for real and were indeed seeing each other, that is even better to imagine.

Seriously, how we feel towards our couple, what we think about how their relationship is right now, doesn’t change the love we have for them. Otherwise, we would not be here. We will not come here if we do not care. We all have our real lives to attend to but we always find time to be with each other, in different ways. So let’s just be open to everyone’s POVs and trust each other more. And oh, let’s trust jong hyun and seung yeon too. After all, they never disappoint.

personally, I am not a boice nor a bs nor anything that relate to any idols...I respect an artist for who he/she really is... I respect his/her talent in the entertainment industry and how positive they are in showcasing their talent... and I will check their infos if they are worth to check out... At this moment, I kinda disagree if a fan put so much emphasis on the person she/he likes and use the opportunity to downgrading the 'partner' or whoever they deem not suitable for her/his idol.

I always think that personal life or work life has to be separated because at one point of time you're not going to be involved in this industry anymore. So let say everything here including drama-wgm-cnblue are all work... at the end of the day.. who will be with you? Fans? I don't think so. Just let the one true self decide for his own life... definitely not me or you or the die hard fans... until then.. I just gonna sit back and see what's the direction of this whole stint is going

@mjang about Seungyeons fanbase... I do like the name. However, I think it is only obvious for us fans to immediately recognise the connection. Maybe we could use something like her bear image or Yeon, which means flower in Korean... Perhaps you can think of something good. :)
A certain characteristic could serve well, too.

JH--> Burning from CNBLUE-->Burning Souls. Clever choice!

Maybe we could find something that shows off SY's classical beauty together with her name or something... just an idea though. :sweatingbullets:

​nice one too... I like it

Guest ohhotdeym

​@furogu You couldn’t have explained it any better. especially about the fanservice part. and yeah sometimes, the fans' comments on both their their ig are too much. i couldnt decide which is more delulu, the die-heard shippers or the die-hard boice. :D

Honestly, some people just need to chill. If someone thought they had a love quarrel or LQ, let them be. Part of a shipper’s life. Anyway, will get over it after one episode or bts photo lol! I remember that day I freaked out over JH not liking SY’s posts, while SY was on a liking spree. You know, the feels.

As a shipper, I am using both my delulu heart and logical mind. My delulu heart says they’re having an LQ because SY is not liking his posts when before, she would like every post even it was done 24 hours ago. But my logical mind says, of course they don’t hahaha! my logical mind is even telling me right now, “are you sure they’re qualified to get into a lover’s quarrel?” and come on, could we really know what’s happening between them based on their ig interactions alone? I would assume that we are more intelligent than that since we all know how to login to soompi and post here. Lol!

What I am trying to say is, let’s respect each other’s reactions towards our couple because whatever it is, I would assume it’s a sincere feeling. If some shippers thought they were having an LQ right now, let them delulu about it. it would be nice to imagine how they would kiss and make-up. If some shippers thought they were currently dating for real and were indeed seeing each other, that is even better to imagine.

Seriously, how we feel towards our couple, what we think about how their relationship is right now, doesn’t change the love we have for them. Otherwise, we would not be here. We will not come here if we do not care. We all have our real lives to attend to but we always find time to be with each other, in different ways. So let’s just be open to everyone’s POVs and trust each other more. And oh, let’s trust jong hyun and seung yeon too. After all, they never disappoint.

​OMG AYVAAAH!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR POST!!! MY DELULU HEART IS ALWAYS AGAINST MY LOGICAL MIND WHEN IT COMES TO THIS COUPLE! We may all differ on how our minds and hearts think but we're all wishing for the same thing, right? :wub:

Guest ayvah

​OMG AYVAAAH!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR POST!!! MY DELULU HEART IS ALWAYS AGAINST MY LOGICAL MIND WHEN IT COMES TO THIS COUPLE! We may all differ on how our minds and hearts think but we're all wishing for the same thing, right? :wub:

​hahaha yeah there's an ongoing war between my delulu heart and logical mind but i love this crazy feeling! 

you mean the wish we have for this couple? Hahaha my wish for them to end up together is much stronger than my wish to keep my sanity lol! So brownies, im stuck in BE asylum. Please find time to visit me. Hahaha!

@ohhotdeym nope, not a melon. Lol.  How can I be when I see JH so happy doing the program?  Also, who am I to hate it?  I'm just a fan, not his mom.  I can't say I'm a hardcore BOICE but I made that comment because I've stuck around the fandom long enough to kinda understand :)  And yes, the BE couple is so sweet it's hard to stay sane.

@burningwithlove hugs back :)

@ayvah  do you have any idea how hard I'm working to stay on the non delulu side?  But I agree with your post.  This is the couple's shippers thread after all.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, delulu or not :)  

I' m also a noona to all CNB members. Being a boice, burning soul and lovely gaze for almost 6 years already. I' m very agree to all noonas of CNB here talked about CNB members need to known with their musician identity. And we boices also want people known them as musician. We know how hard they worked to get where they are now. Their talent is not doubt at all.

Being a boice always busy life with their news, concert worldtour, asiatour, arenatour, zepptour, fnc family concert, comeback, new album, korean/japanese album, their new composed songs, dramas/movie, cfs, magazine, mcing, variety/reality shows and many more..

@ohhotdeym nope, not a melon. Lol.  How can I be when I see JH so happy doing the program?  Also, who am I to hate it?  I'm just a fan, not his mom.  I can't say I'm a hardcore BOICE but I made that comment because I've stuck around the fandom long enough to kinda understand :)  And yes, the BE couple is so sweet it's hard to stay sane.

@burningwithlove hugs back :)

@ayvah  do you have any idea how hard I'm working to stay on the non delulu side?  But I agree with your post.  This is the couple's shippers thread after all.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, delulu or not :)  

​yes, agree...

personally, I am not a boice nor a bs nor anything that relate to any idols...I respect an artist for who he/she really is... I respect his/her talent in the entertainment industry and how positive they are is showcasing their talent... and I will check their infos if they are worth to check out... At this moment, I kinda disagree if a fan put so much emphasis on the person she/he likes and use the opportunity to downgrading the 'partner' or whoever they deem not suitable for her/his idol.

I always think that personal life or work life has to be separated because at one point of time you're not going to be involved in this industry anymore. So let say everything here including drama-wgm-cnblue are all work... at the end of the day.. who will be with you? Fans? I don't think so. Just let the one true self decide for his own life... definitely not me or you or the die hard fans... until then.. I just gonna sit back and see what's the direction of this whole stint is going

​I enjoy CNBLUE music a lot and I really do like all the members for their personality and the way the care for each other. However, I don't know if I could be called a BOICE for that. But I completely agree with what you just wrote!

At first there should be our respect for their music, since they are musicians. Also they deserve to have a private life just like anyone else. Given their circumstances they already have it hard enough to keep friendships or relationships due to the lack of time because of their hectic schedules. If they ever start dating someone openly though I'll support their decision, because I'd trust them to make the right choice and I want them to be happy. Also, if they never get the chance to experience love, how could we keep asking for them to create more of the beautiful songs that never fail to capture our hearts? We can't get those heartwarming lyrics and melodies from empty shells.

The reason I ship JongYeon is, because I really do believe that they match very well. They were also surprised with how similar they were in certain things which does make it feel more real... I'd love for them to be together even after WGM ends!

However, if it doesn't work out I will not hold any grudges. I believe they are mature enough to make the right decision. I would not appreciate if anyone would get involved in my love life or to start making demands. I'd think "Who are they to ask this from me?!". You shouldn't do something to someone that you would hate if it was to happen to yourself!

Therefore I believe that fans should show respect to their stars and don't be unneccessarily possessive. True fans would want for their bias to do well even after they end their career. If JH and SY never get to date anybody for real they will have a very sad life when they turn 50 someday... They'd miss out on a lot of love, a family and so on. Wouldn't it be so much nicer to just watch them "grow up" together with us instead of them missing out on all the important things in life we get to enjoy? This way, I think, I will be able to relate to them even more and still cheer on them when I turn 50 myself, while I doubt I could still relate to someone well who wasn't able to have any proper relationships all this time and still tries to show off a bachelor image despite having aged so much...

CNBLUE, for example, have stated that they'd love to become a grandpa-band. To be able to achieve their dream they will need to start a family at some stage. And I am actually really looking forward to it! They deserve to be able to experience married life and fatherhood. Also I want Seungyeon to be able to show off her motherly side for real when the time comes. I think she'd be a great mother! :) 

So if they/we are lucky JH and SY might get to experience all of this together. I'd love for it to happen. But if they won't I will still respect their decision. After all, this understanding is what I'd want for myself as well.

@ayvah @ohhotdeym thank you for bringing that humor and smile to my face... the fact is that... you can't stop anybody from liking

I like both JH and SY.. want them to be together? Yes definitely...

If they don't end up together? So be it.. I have other people that I like too ... as simple as that

Archived