[Drama 2015] Divorce Lawyer in Love 이혼변호사는 연애 중

larus

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? How? I'm genuinely curious to know what it was about her speech that made sense. 

​she told ch that she cannot open up her heart to her (ch) because of sooha. i don't think she is being unreasonable. and given sjw and his mother's family history, they had only themselves to fend for each other when her husband left... it is wrong (in ajumma's pov) for ch to take jw from her....

you may take sjw's heart (from him)

and take his friend of 26 years away from him...@Ohsh - maybe this statement shows his mom is resigned to the fact that sjw will not love sh ever^^

but you should not take away his mother from him

​Nope, that makes no sense at all. No one is trying to take him away from his mother, or vice versa. She's just being the usual controlling possessive guilt-tripping bully of a K Drama mother. Who he loves is none of her business. She's trying to control his life when he's an adult and has the right to love whomever he chooses. She's older than him and would likely die first, so why should she have the right to ruin his happiness by saying "dump that girl and marry the one I tell you to." There's nothing even remotely logical about that. 

​haha. i am coming from the mother's point of view. obv if its from sjw's pov its unreasonable. 

ch is indeed driving a wedge between sjw and his mother. she did ask him to leave the house. thus isn't that ch 'taking away' jw's mother from him? (indirectly of course).

she stated clearly to ch her reasons as to why she cannot accept her. and this is besides the throwing of seaweed soup. i think her reasons are not coming from a 'controlling' mother. 

i find her to be the most mild k drama mother in my history of kdramas and thus highlighted in my earlier post that she makes sense. thus i don't have that much indignance of her ^^

The whole "you are taking away my son from me" part is too cliche for me. But I can see why she cannot accept CH - after seeing all that SA had done for her son and coming from the perspective of a jilted woman (her husband also left her for love) and a almost mother to SA, I feel that her stance is understandable. At least it is more reasonable than the typical K drama "I don't like you because you are poor/beneath me" reason.

Can some kind soul please post the link to episode 13 preview if there is? 

@Lawyerh Really?! The episode 13 is full of cuteness? I was expecting plenty of angst and tears and brooding but hey I am happy to be proven wrong.

Brief translation:

MG: Perhaps, did you & JW... 

JW: Go Cheok Hee

CH: So Jung Woo

JW: Why are you here with MG together?

CH: I've told you yesterday that we should stop meeting each other (break up)

JW: I've also told you that I can't do that

CH: I've thought about it the whole night, let's break up

JW: Let's do that. Instead, even if you are to break up with me, I won't break up with you

Gyeong: Why are you only giving that to CH? Do you like her?

JW: Mmm (wink) I like Go manager (CH)

JW: From now onwards, I'll be liking you one-sidedly 

What?! So he will go after her again?! Not that I am objecting to more SJW cuteness but hello, the mum-hates-her bit have not changed so what if she "accepts" him again? 

Now finally caught up to chucky, Chucky should know he's not giving up a 5 mil dollar house not unless he and MR has something to hide the maid wouldn't bring her child to work and certainly wouldn't hide him  

I can't believe she still has that ridiculous hairstyle. The production team sometimes underestimate the power of visuals, not saying that is why the ratings are so low, but it surely doesn't help. That plus an underwhelming pilot episode were the death knell of this drama.

ch is indeed driving a wedge between sjw and his mother. she did ask him to leave the house.

No, she didn't. She said nothing of the sort. Leaving the house was his angry response to his mother trying to bully him after Soo Ah left, he said words to the effect of "if you think that way, I'll leave to".  The only person who thinks CH is trying to put a wedge between him and his mother IS his mother. Rather than putting a wedge between them, CH is doing  the whole noble idiocy nonsense, deliberately avoiding him for the explicit reason of NOT getting between him and his stupid mother.

​she (the mother) asked him to leave the house... not ch.

can't recall who planted the idea of leaving the house in the first place.

all in all, there is a wedge and ch has a responsibility in that. 

yea... i am not worried about ch doing the noble thing, but more worried how jw's mother will reconcile herself with ch. the key to their happiness is his mother and thus she is my focus. 

i can guess that jw's mother will realise that ch saved her son's life by offering him a sweet in that incident and accept her. save life> law sch after all right

Archived