[AWARDS 2014] 2014 KBS DRAMA AWARDS

Felicia Soh

Agreed! I watched the recent KimHyunJoo's interview at KBSW. These both actor and actress are superb! It will be a good reversal if KimSangKyung will be her blind date himself since it will be hard for him to help hitch for KimHyunJoo later! Hehehe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@zurah90, sorry to disappoint you, Kim Sang-kyung is already married. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shim Eun-kyung will be absent during the KBS Drama Awards on 31st Dec 2014 due to tight schedule of filming a new movie. She is nominated for Best Couple with Joo Won and Netizen Award (Actress).  I hope she will be able to make it if time permits.

68781106.2.jpg

Source Sports Donga

Kim Sang Kyung is married, but he has many male friends who like Kim Hyun Joo as well. His best friend Kim Suk Hoon acted together with Kim Hyun Joo in MBC drama Twinkle Twinkle, he should match  them together, hehe.
I hope Kim Sang Kyung helps her to find a good man soon, Kim Hyun Joo deserves more happines.

Welcome @LHRNC....I wish Kim Hyun-joo all the best!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some latest update news leading to the award ceremony......

According to this NEWS, Lee Da-hee will be attending the award as a presenter.  Meanwhile, it was reported earlier that Kim Hyun-joong will not be attending the award ceremony.

201412270813773244_549dec89bff2f.jpg

Credit as tagged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeong Do-jeon Couple (Jo Jae-hyun and Yoo Dong-geun) Vs. Discovery of Love Couple (Jung Yu-mi and Eric Mun)

These two couples are most likely candidate to win the Best Couple Award.

201412271110778032_549e15d03e176.jpg

Source OSEN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following actors are strong contenders to win an award for the respective category they are being nominated. 

Yoo Dong-geun, Jo Jae-hyun and Lee Jun-ki

Kang Ji-hwan, Kim Sang-kyung and Eric Mun

Kim Hyun-joo, Yoon Yeo-jeong, Jung Yumi, Kim Hee-sun, Jang Seo-hee and Nam Sang-mi

Source of news via NAVER

Latest Update.....

Lee Jun-ki
has confirmed that he will be attending KBS Drama Awards.  LJK has been nominated under these categories ie Netizen Award, Best Couple Award, Popularity Award and Daesang Award.  Despite his tight schedule filming in China, his agency, Namoo Actors confirmed that LJK will attend the event.

201412290847771332_54a098fac985c.jpg

The main couple of "Discovery of Love", Eric Mun and Jung Yu-mi  will also be attending the drama awards on 31st Dec 2014 and another couple from the same drama, Yoon Hyeon-min and Kim Seul-gi are expected to be present as well.  However, Sung-joon who has been nominated under Netizen Award is uncertain whether he can attend as he will be busy shooting a new SBS drama.

20141229_1419833401_73026200_1.jpg

Jeon Do-jeong Vs What Happens to My Family?

In the latest news, the Daesang Award is narrowed down to the two actors who performed in Jeong Do-jeon (Jo Jae-hyun) and Jeong Do-jeon and What Happens to My Family? (Yoo Dong-geun).

Joo won who has been nominated on few categories for his participation in "Tomorrow Cantible" confirmed his attendance while Ji Sung has confirmed to attend as a presenter.

Source of News via Naver

@Felicia Soh, thank you for starting up this thread.

I agree with @valsava that there weren't many good KBS drama in prime time.

I'd be very happy if one of the top 3 actors wins actor award. I think the three of them were totally awesome in their respective drama

Yoo Dong-geun, Jo Jae-hyun and Lee Jun-ki.

I have not seen many of the drama, but for the ladies my first vote is for Jeon Hye-Bin and 2nd for Jung Eun-Ji

My first choice for couple, is the odd couple;  Jo Jae-hyeon - Yoo Dong-geun ("Jeong Do-jeon"). and my 2nd choice would be Ji Chang-wook - Park Min-yeong ("Healer")

Guest istellarose

Is this latest news true? Is the Daesang Award narrowed down to the two actors who performed in Jeong Do-jeon (Jo Jae-hyun) and What Happens to My Family? (Yoo Dong-geun)?Isn't the DAESANG AWARD the top award? If it is so, then this is most UNFAIR!If it is the most prestigious award, then, LEE JOON GI should get the DAESANG AWARD! He has 'toiled' so hard and his performance in 'GUNMAN IN JOSEON' is BRILLIANT & UNFORGETTABLE! He's such a multi-talented artiste! LEE JOON GI is KOREA's TOP SUPERSTAR and he, definitely, is the TOP KDRAMA & HALLYU STAR of 2014!

Hi there @irilight chingu....glad to see you here.

I think regardless of the prime time slot not garnering high rating, actors/actresses/drama awards under Top Excellence for Mid-length Series and Top Excellence for Miniseries including Best Supporting Actor/Actress are definitely up for grabs for the following list of dramas...

Drama of The Year (Mid-Length Series)

- Inspiring Generation
- Golden Cross
- Joseon Gunman
- The King's Face
- Healer

Drama of the Year (Mini-Series)

- The Full Sun
- Big Man
- Trot Lovers
- Discovery of Love
- Blade Man
- Tomorrow Cantible

Having listed down the above, I might as well list down the rest of the categories...

Drama of the Year - Long-length Series

- Wonderful Days
- What Happens to My Family?
- Jeong Do-jeon
- Over the Mountains - Season 2

Drama of the Year - Daily Dramas

- Angels Revenge
- My Dear Cat
- Two Mothers
- Land of Gold
- Abiding Love Dandelion
- Sweet Secrets

Drama Special Series 2014 aka (Drama Special Danmak 2014)
(1 episode special drama)

- Taste of Curry - Jeong Hye-bin, Hyun-woo
- First Birthday - Kim Ji-young, Go Yeong-bin
- Playing Games - Kim C, Woo Hee-jin
- Pretty! Oh Man-bok - Kim Hyang-gi, Park Cheol-mi
- The Dirge Singer - Kim Yoo-jung, Seo Joon-yeong
- I'm Dying Soon - Oh Jeong-se, Kim Seul-gi
- Why I'm Getting Married - Park Hee-boo, Song Jong-ho
- Monster - Yeon Jun-seok, Kang Seong-min
- Middle School Student A - Kwak Dong-yeon, Lee Yeol-eun
- That Kind of Love - Bae Soo-bin, Lee Yoon-ji
- Youth - Soe Yeong-joo, Kim Hyeong-su
- Illegal Parking - On Joo-wan, Kim Sang-ho
- Dreaming Man - Yang Jin-woo, Yoon Se-ah
- Pitch Black Darkness - Danny Ahn, Kwak Jeong-wook
- Bomi's Room - Ahn Seo-yeon, Lee Young-ah
- The End of the Summer - Jo Eun-sook, Jeon Jin-seo
- Three Runaway Women - Seo Ye-ji, Jang Hee-jin
- Different Cries - Kim So-hyun, Son Seung-won
- The Suspicious 7th Ward - Shin-ee, Kim Jung-min
- The Search for Battle - Han Joo-wan, Min Ji-ah
- Ugly Love - Jo Dal-hwan, Goo Jae-hee
- The Final Puzzle - Yoon Tae-yeong, Jeong Ji-yoon
- The Girl in the Frame - Choi Jong-won, Jeong In-seon
- Revengeful Spirit - Ahn Jae-mo, Park Eun-hye
- The Reason Why I Drink - Ahn Seok-hwan, Oh Yeong-sil
- This is my Dad - Song Ha-yoon, Moon Ji-yoon
- Bride in Sneakers - Lee Chong-ah, Kim Jin-woo

@istellarose, the article was translated via google and I am not sure whether it's the reporter's personal opinion.  My apology if it's wrongly translated but there are many articles that target the two actors I mentioned above as "possible" winner for the Daesang Award. 

Yes, Daesang Award (Grand Prize) is the highest ranked award.  Personally, I think Lee Jun-ki will have a high chance of winning the Top Excellence, Actor award which is one rank below Daesang.  I am also a huge fan of Lee Jun-ki and I really hope he wins an award, which I personally think he will since he will be present during the award ceremony.  Anyway, this is just my personal opinion.

Another latest report highlighted that Lee Jun-ki has been nominated for 6 categories, (Netizen Award, Popularity Award, Best Couple Award, Top Excellence Award, Excellence Award and Daesang Award).  Please correct me if I am wrong in naming the categories.

Lee Jun-ki will attend the award ceremony with Nam Sang-mi and Jeong Hye-bin.  I believe Han Joo-wan will be present too since he may get an award for his acting in Drama Special, "The Secret for Battle" where the response from viewers were well-received when it was aired as "web drama".  Moreover, he will be taking a male lead for the upcoming KBS weekend drama, The Bluebird House or something like that.

Wish all the cast of Joseon Gunman all the best! 

Here's the source of the NEWS

2014 KBS 연기대상 이준기

티브이데일리 포토

Results for the 1st Part of KBS Drama Awards -

(Congratulations to all the winners....Chukai Hamnida....) - You may refer to the 1st post for the full update of the winner list later.

Best Supporting Actor - Shin Sung-rok

Best Supporting Actress – Lee Chae-young, Han Eun-jung

Actor of the Year, Awarded by PDs from 3 Broadcasters – Jo Jae-hyun

Rookie (Newcomer) Award :

·       Actor –  Seo In-guk, Park Hyung-sik

·       Actress -  Nam Ji-hyun, Kim Seul-gi

Netizens Award :

·       Actor  – Eric Mun Jun-hyuk

·       Actress - Jung Yu-mi

Popularity Award :

·       Actor – Joo Won, Ji Chang-wook

·       Actress – Lee Da-hee, Jung Eun-ji

One-Act Play (Special Drama) Award :

·       Actor(s) – Jo Dal-hwan

·       Actress(es) – Kim So-hyun

Youth Acting Award :

·       Actor – Kwak Dong-yeon

·       Actress - Hong Hwa-ri, Kim Hyang-gi

istellarose said: Is this latest news true? Is the Daesang Award narrowed down to the two actors who performed in Jeong Do-jeon (Jo Jae-hyun) and What Happens to My Family? (Yoo Dong-geun)?Isn't the DAESANG AWARD the top award? If it is so, then this is most UNFAIR!If it is the most prestigious award, then, LEE JOON GI should get the DAESANG AWARD! He has 'toiled' so hard and his performance in 'GUNMAN IN JOSEON' is BRILLIANT & UNFORGETTABLE! He's such a multi-talented artiste! LEE JOON GI is KOREA's TOP SUPERSTAR and he, definitely, is the TOP KDRAMA & HALLYU STAR of 2014!

FULL LIST OF WINNERS (Congratulation to all the actors and actresses....)

Grand Prize (Daesang) - Yoo Dong-geun

Top Excellence, Actor – Jo Jae-hyun

Top Excellence, Actress - Kim Hyun-joo

Excellence Award (Long-Length Series) :

·       Actor  – Kim Sang-kyung. Park Yeong-gyu

·       Actress - Kim Ji-ho

Excellence Award (Mid-Length  Series) :

·       Actor – Lee Jun-ki

·       Actress - Nam Sang-mi, Park Min-young

Excellence Award (Mini Series) :

·       Actor – Eric Mun

Excellence Award (Daily Drama) :

·       Actor – Choi Jae-sung

·       Actress - Choi Yoon-young, Shin So-yul

Best Supporting Actor - Shin Sung-rok

Best Supporting Actress – Lee Chae-young, Han Eun-jung

Actor of the Year, Awarded by PDs from 3 Broadcasters – Jo Jae-hyun

Rookie (Newcomer) Award :

·       Actor –  Seo In-guk, Park Hyung-sik

·       Actress -  Nam Ji-hyun, Kim Seul-gi

Netizens Award :

·       Actor  – Eric Mun Jun-hyuk

Popularity Award :

·       Actor – Joo Won, Ji Chang-wook

·       Actress – Lee Da-hee, Jung Eun-ji

One-Act Play (Special Drama) Award :

·       Actor(s) – Jo Dal-hwan

·       Actress(es) – Kim So-hyun

Youth Acting Award :

·       Actor – Kwak Dong-yeon

·       Actress - Hong Hwa-ri, Ahn Seo-hyun

Best Couple(s) –

Kim Sang-kyung and Kim Hyun-joo, Lee Jun-ki and Nam Sang-mi,  

Eric Mun and Jung Yu-mi,  Park Hyung-sik and Nam Ji-hyun,

Ji Chang-wook and Park Min-young

Best Script Writer(s) –  Jung Hyun-min (Jeong Do-jeon) and Kang Eun-kyung (What Happens to My Family?)

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!!

Thanks @valsava, @irilight, @zurah90, @istellarose and everyone here for joining me in this thread.

Overall, I am satisfied with the results but there are some unexpected winners.  I am so happy for Jo Dal-hwan - he is such a hardworking and fine actor and he deserves the award.

The biggest winner should be Eric Mun and Jung Yu-mi (both clinching 3 awards each).   

Despite expecting Jo Jae-hyun to claim the Daesang, I am happy (and I think he expected YDG to get the Daesang) that he was awarded Actor of the Year by PDnims of the three main broadcast stations other than getting the 2nd most important award, Top Excellence Actor Award.  Anyway, I am satisfied the Daesang award went to Yoo Dong-geun who had filmed two dramas (Jeong Do-jeon and What Happens to my Family) that garnered one the highest rated dramas.

Archived