• ·       Tomorrow Cantabile – Joo Won and Shim Eun-kyung
  • ·       Sweet Secret – Kim Heung-soo and Shin So-yul
  • ·       The King’s Face – Seo In-guk and Jo Yoon-hee
  • ·       Healer – Ji Chang-wook and Park Min Young

Netizen Award (Actor)

·        Kang Eun-tak (Land of Gold)

·        Kang Ji-hwan (Big Man)

·        Kim Kang-woo (Golden Cross)

·        Kim Sang-kyung (What Happens to my Family?)

·        Kim Hyun-joong (Inspiring Generation)

·        Kim Hyeong-soo (Sweet Secret)

·        Eric Mun (Discovery of Love)

·        Park Yeong-gyu (Jeong Do-jeon)

·        Park Jung-chul (Angels Revenge)

·        Park Hyung-sik (What Happens to my Family?)

·        Seo In-guk (The King’s Face)

·        Sung Joon (Discover of Love)

·        Ok Taecyeon (Wonderful Days)

·        Yoo Dong-geun (Jeong Do-jeon)

·        Yoon Kye-sang (The Full Sun)

·        Lee Dong-wook (Blade Man)

·        Lee Seo-jin (Wonderful Days)

·        Lee Jun-ki (Joseon Gunman)

·        Jo Jae-hyun (Jeong Do-jeon)

·        Jo Jin-woong (The Full Sun)

·        Joo Won (Tomorrow Cantible)

·        Ji Chang-wook (Healer)

·        Ji Hyun-woo (Trot Lovers)

·        Hyun Woo (My Dear Cat)

·        Hwang Dong-joo (Two Mothers)

Netizen Award (Actress)

·        Kang Ye-sol (Land of Gold)

·        Kim Ga-eun (Abiding Love Dandelion)

·        Kim Seul-gi (Discovery of Love)

·        Kim Hyun-joo (What Happens to my Family?)

·        Kim Hee-sun (Wonderful Days)

·        Nam Sang-mi (Joseon Gunman)

·        Nam Ji-hyun (What Happens to my Family?)

·        Park Min-young (Healer)

·        Shin Se-kyung (Blade Man)

·        Shin So-yul (Sweet Secret)

·        Shim Eun-kyung (Tomorrow Cantabile)

·        Yoon So-yi (Angels Revenge)

·        Yoon Yeo-jung (Wonderful Days)

·        Lee Da-hee (Big Man)

·        Lee Si-young (Golden Cross)

·        Im Soo-hyang (Inspiring Generation)

·        Jang Seo-hee (Two Mothers)

·        Jun Hye-bin (Joseon Gunman)

·        Jung Yu-mi (Discovery of Love)

·        Jung Eun-ji (Trot Lovers)

·        Jo Yoon-hee (The King's Face)

·        Choi Yoon-young (My Dear Cat)

·        Han Ji-hye (The Full Sun)

Drama of The Year (Mid-Length Series)

- Inspiring Generation
- Golden Cross
- Joseon Gunman
- The King's Face
- Healer

Drama of the Year (Mini-Series)

- The Full Sun
- Big Man
- Trot Lovers
- Discovery of Love
- Blade Man
- Tomorrow Cantible

Drama of the Year - Long-length Series

- Wonderful Days
- What Happens to My Family?
- Jeong Do-jeon
- Over the Mountains - Season 2

Drama of the Year - Daily Dramas

- Angels Revenge
- My Dear Cat
- Two Mothers
- Land of Gold
- Abiding Love Dandelion
- Sweet Secrets

Drama Special Series 2014 aka (Drama Special Danmak 2014)
(1 episode special drama)

- Taste of Curry - Jeong Hye-bin, Hyun-woo
- First Birthday - Kim Ji-young, Go Yeong-bin
- Playing Games - Kim C, Woo Hee-jin
- Pretty! Oh Man-bok - Kim Hyang-gi, Park Cheol-mi
- The Dirge Singer - Kim Yoo-jung, Seo Joon-yeong
- I'm Dying Soon - Oh Jeong-se, Kim Seul-gi
- Why I'm Getting Married - Park Hee-boo, Song Jong-ho
- Monster - Yeon Jun-seok, Kang Seong-min
- Middle School Student A - Kwak Dong-yeon, Lee Yeol-eun
- That Kind of Love - Bae Soo-bin, Lee Yoon-ji
- Youth - Soe Yeong-joo, Kim Hyeong-su
- Illegal Parking - On Joo-wan, Kim Sang-ho
- Dreaming Man - Yang Jin-woo, Yoon Se-ah
- Pitch Black Darkness - Danny Ahn, Kwak Jeong-wook
- Bomi's Room - Ahn Seo-yeon, Lee Young-ah
- The End of the Summer - Jo Eun-sook, Jeon Jin-seo
- Three Runaway Women - Seo Ye-ji, Jang Hee-jin
- Different Cries - Kim So-hyun, Son Seung-won
- The Suspicious 7th Ward - Shin-ee, Kim Jung-min
- The Search for Battle - Han Joo-wan, Min Ji-ah
- Ugly Love - Jo Dal-hwan, Goo Jae-hee
- The Final Puzzle - Yoon Tae-yeong, Jeong Ji-yoon
- The Girl in the Frame - Choi Jong-won, Jeong In-seon
- Revengeful Spirit - Ahn Jae-mo, Park Eun-hye
- The Reason Why I Drink - Ahn Seok-hwan, Oh Yeong-sil
- This is my Dad - Song Ha-yoon, Moon Ji-yoon
- Bride in Sneakers - Lee Chong-ah, Kim Jin-woo

Updated : 31st Dec 2014

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

201412190830412510_1.jpg

Jo Jae-hyun and Yoo Dong-geun (Jeong Do-jeon) has been nominated as one of the odd couples in 2014 KBS Drama Awards Best Couple!

Today KBS unveiled the nominations for BEST COUPLE and the winners will be announced during KBS Drama Awards which will be held on 31st Dec 2014. Among KBS1TV drama sagas, the actors from “Jeong Do-jeon” Jo Jae-hyun / Yoo Dong-geun are one of the proud contenders that will gather attention.

There are 21 pairs nominated for this year award as compared to 17 pairs last year. 

Among all the couples nominated, the most eye-catching couple is Jo Jae-hyun-Yoo Dong-geun, the only male couple.  Previously in KBS Drama Awards in 2010, Song Joong-ki / Yoo Ah-in won the Best Couple Award for their acting in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal”. So who knows, after four years, another odd-male-couple may be awarded in this category again!

Netizens voting to select the best couple award is in progress until midnight of 30 December 2014 and the voting is determined based on this format :

40% from on-line voting

30% from experts

30% from journalists

The results will be announced during KBS DRAMA AWARDS ceremony will be held on December 31st 2014.

Source of News via Naver

@Felicia Soh,  Thanks for updating the category nominations.. Kbs only had a few good drama in the prime time slot that I would vote for.. All they daily has just ends in a wreck but the daily they are showing now which comes on here in the evenings here in the states Love Dandelion is a good drama I just hate they didn't sub it.. But I thought it was a tc novel

@Valsava, I have to agree with you that the prime time slot dramas for this year is stuck in an endless trend of low ratings but to be honest some of the dramas do deserve praises and recognition.  As in all cases in dramaland, timing is one of the factors that can contribute a success or failure of a drama. 2014 is truly not KBS year where prime time dramas are concerned but thankfully we have other slots that brought in success especially KBS2 daily dramas like Angels Revenge, Two Mothers and Sweet Secret which is currently gaining high viewership.  Also not forgetting KBS1 daily dramas that has always maintained a top spot ie Melody of Love (which aired from Nov 2013 to June 2014), My Dear Cat (sadly, not as popular as MOL) and the current drama, Only You My Love is garnering higher rating that MDC.  I am disappointed that Sung Hyuk and Han Chae-ah are not nominated as one of the Best Couples.

I did not give it a try on Abiding Love Dandelion since it's not available in KBSW.  Yes, this drama is under TV Novel. 

I shall update the other category upon releases of nomination from KBS. 

@Felicia Soh,  These are my picks from Kbs 

Joseon Gunman – Lee Jun-ki and Nam Sang-mi

Angel’s Revenge – Kwon Yul and Yoon So-yi

3.  Land of Gold – Kang Eun-tak and Kang Ye-sol

4.  Inspiring Generation – Kim Hyun-joong and Im Soo-hyang

What Happens to My Family – Kim Sang-kyung and Kim Hyun-joo

13. What Happens to My Family – Hyung-sik and Nam Ji-hyun

. Abiding Love Dandelion – Yoon Sun-woo and Kim Ga-eun

The King’s Face – Seo In-guk and Jo Yoon-hee

21. Healer – Ji Chang-wook and Park Min Young

Wow!!! thanks for opening up this thread. I was wondering where i could find the nominees for KBS Drama Awards 2014 and here it is! Glad that i saw my favorite otp is nominated as well. Can't wait!

Edit: May i know the link to vote for? Thanks in advance :)

My choice of Best Couple would be : (last year KBS awarded 5 best couples)

Joseon Gunman.....firing-up-against-all-odds couple - Lee Jun-ki with Nam Sang-mi
What Happens to my Family?.... mid-aged heart-attack couple - Kim Sang-kyung with Kim Hyun-joo
Discovery of Love  ...heart palpitating couple - Eric Mun with Jung Yu-mi
The King's Face .....heart longing couple - Seo In-guk with Jo Yoon-hee
Healer.....destined-to-love-you couple - Ji Chang-wook with Park Min-young

I wish I can add the 2nd pairing of Yoon Hyun-min with Kim Seul-gi - the bickering couple from Discovery of Love. They were so full of fiery-chemistry whenever they appeared on-screen. 

Yes....I am also rooting for the odd-pairing couple, Jo Jae-hyun with Yoo Dong-geun. One of the best epic historical drama that KBS has ever produced....all the way rooting for Jeong Do-jeon.  Apparently, Jo Jae-hyun (Jeong Do-jeon) and Yoo Dong-geun (Jeong Do-jeon and What Happens in my Family?) are strong contenders to win the Daesang Award.

Welcome to the thread @zurah90, here's the LINK to vote the Best Couple but so sorry I am not sure how to go about since I am not familiar with the site and I believe you need to sign in (register) before you are eligible to vote.  Anyone here can assist? Meanwhile, I'll figure it out and if successful, I'll post the guidelines.

Good Luck!

List of Nomination for Netizen Award (Actress)

·        Kang Ye-sol (Land of Gold)

·        Kim Ga-eun (Abiding Love Dandelion)

·        Kim Seul-gi (Discovery of Love)

·        Kim Hyun-joo (What Happens to my Family?)

·        Kim Hee-sun (Wonderful Days)

·        Nam Sang-mi (Joseon Gunman)

·        Nam Ji-hyun (What Happens to my Family?)

·        Park Min-young (Healer)

·        Shin Se-kyung (Blade Man)

·        Shin So-yul (Sweet Secret)

·        Shim Eun-kyung (Tomorrow Cantabile)

·        Yoon So-yi (Angels Revenge)

·        Yoon Yeo-jung (Wonderful Days)

·        Lee Da-hee (Big Man)

·        Lee Si-young (Golden Cross)

·        Im Soo-hyang (Inspiring Generation)

·        Jang Seo-hee (Two Mothers)

·        Jun Hye-bin (Joseon Gunman)

·        Jung Yu-mi (Discovery of Love)

·        Jung Eun-ji (Trot Lovers)

·        Jo Yoon-hee (The King's Face)

·        Choi Yoon-young (My Dear Cat)

·        Han Ji-hye (The Full Sun)

Captures by KBS....

강예솔 (순금의 땅)김가은 (일편단심 민들레)김슬기 (연애의 발견)
김현주 (가족끼리 왜이래)김희선 (참 좋은 시절)남상미 (조선총잡이)
남지현 (가족끼리 왜이래)박민영 (힐러)신세경 (아이언맨)
신소율 (달콤한 비밀)심은경 (내일도 칸타빌레)윤소이 (천상여자)
윤여정 (참 좋은 시절)이다희 (빅맨)이시영 (골든크로스)
임수향 (감격시대)장서희 (뻐꾸기 둥지)전혜빈 (조선총잡이)
정유미 (연애의 발견)정은지 (트로트의 연인)조윤희 (왕의 얼굴)
최윤영 (고양이는 있다)한지혜 (태양은 가득히)

You may cast your vote through this LINK. For guidance on how to register to vote, please refer to this TUTORIAL site posted by @zurah90 (thanks for sharing).

I a bit surprised that (Han Chae Young) Lee Chae Young wasn't nominated for best actress along with Jang Seo Hee for Two Mothers.  :-?? Maybe they're including her in the supporting actress category although, as the title of the the drama will tell you, the two were actually co-leads.  
I'm looking forward to seeing all of the stars come out again on their big night at the year's end. Thank you for providing this thread! :)>-

@robbo4, I believe you mean Lee Chae-young.  Han Chae-young did not appear in any dramas for KBS  in 2014 except on a variety show, Road King.

Like you, I think she deserves to be nominated since her acting and role was of paramount to the storyline in Two Mothers. Anyway, the list is for casting of votes from  viewers/netizens as their choice of popularity.  Most likely, Jang So-hee will win in the category Excellence Award (Daily Drama) as Best Actress and Lee Chae-young may win the Best Supporting Actress in the same category, just my personal opinion.

Felicia Soh said: @robbo4, I believe you mean Lee Chae-young.  Han Chae-young did not appear in any dramas for KBS  in 2014 except on a variety show, Road King.

Like you, I think she deserves to be nominated since her acting and role was of paramount to the storyline in Two Mothers. Anyway, the list is for casting of votes from  viewers/netizens as their choice of popularity.  Most likely, Jang So-hee will win in the category Excellence Award (Daily Drama) as Best Actress and Lee Chae-young may win the Best Supporting Actress in the same category, just my personal opinion.

class="titleNews"Park Min Young, Seo In Guk and Kim Sang Kyung to Host ‘KBS Drama Awards’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Sang Kyung, Seo In Guk and Park Min Young will be teaming up as MCs.

According to an affiliate of KBS on December 22, Kim Sang Kyung, Seo In Guk and Park Min Young have been confirmed as the MCs of 2014 KBS Drama Awards, set to take place on December 31.

The fact that Kim Sang Kyung, Seo In Guk and Park Min Young are currently starring in KBS 2TV’s drama has increased attention. Kim Sang Kyung has been showing comical acting with Kim Hyun Joo as ‘Moon Tae Joo in KBS 2TV’s What’s With This Family and Seo In Guk has been starring as the lead of the drama King’s Face. Park Min Young took the role of the reporter ‘Chae Young Shin’ in the drama Healer.

Park Min Young, Seo In Guk and Kim Sang Kyung to Host ‘KBS Drama Awards’

Attention has been gathering on the three people, who have been leading KBS dramas, showing teamwork as MCs.

Meanwhile, 2014 KBS Drama Awards will air live on December 31 at 8:30 p.m. (KST) through KBS 2TV.

Photo credit: Newsen

Source : enewsworld

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Hyung Sik, Seo Kang Joon, and More Up for KBS’ Rookie Award: Who Will Win?
For the upcoming KBS Drama Awards, many are interested in who will receive the rookie award, as it is an especially meaningful award that can only be received once in an actor’s career.
Actors are especially hungry for KBS’s rookie award because the past receivers, such as Kim Soo Hyun, Joo Won, and Lee Jong Suk, are considered today as top stars; the rookie award has in the past proved to be, in a sense, a gateway to success for new actors.
B5mQJrTCQAEJBbt.jpg

This year’s nominees, according to Star News, are Park Bo Gum (“Tomorrow Cantabile,” “Wonderful Days”), Park Hyung Sik (“What’s With This Family”), Seo Kang Joon (“What’s With This Family”), Seo In Guk (“The King’s Face”), Son Ho Joon (“The Full Sun”, “Trot Lovers”), and Yoon Hyun Min (“Discovery of Love”).
KBS has chosen the nominees through surveying producers, writers, and reporters, as well as through inquiry with the Program Research Assembly.
If the viewer ratings are any indication, the best guess for the rookie award would be Park Hyung Sik and Seo Kang Joon, as “What’s With This Family” has the highest viewer ratings out of the nominated actors’ dramas.
However, if judged by the depth of the drama, Seo In Guk may be the likely candidate, as “The King’s Face,” which requires more in-depth acting, was praised for casting Seo In Guk.
The other nominees cannot be ruled out either, since they also have performed flawlessly and are all considered to be deserving of the title. The fact that the nominees are all legitimate possibilities makes it harder for viewers to guess who will be the lucky recipient.
Who do you think it will be?
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/23/park-hyung-sik-seo-kang-joong-and-more-up-for-kbs-rookie-award-who-will-win/

smileys-snowman-8_zpsf15ad887.gifM E R R Y   C H R I S T M A S   &   H A P P Y   H O L I D A Y S!! XTREE.gif

Thanks @adikkeluangman for posting the above news in this thread.  I would choose Seo In-guk for the Rookie Award for his portrayal of Prince Gwanghae in "The King's Face" - he nailed the character so perfectly that I hardly can find any flaws in his acting.  Park Hyung-sik and Seo Kang-jun have the advantage due to the popularity of their weekend drama, "What Happens to my Family?". 

@zurah90, Kim Sang-kyung is perfect for the role as Mun Tae-ju, such a versatile actor.  I first saw him in "Lawyers" and was drawn by his acting though I don't really like how the story was developed at the later stage of the drama.  Another one of my favorite drama of his is "Secret Agent Ms. Oh" - he was so cool in that drama.

In the latest Entertainment Weekly news (KBSW), Kim Hyun-joo revealed that Kim Sang-kyung has promised to arrange blind dates for her if the rating of WHTMF surpass 42%. She said at the rate of how the rating is increasing every week, KSK is now worried as to how many namja he has to fix her up....hahaha! This couple is so hilarious on and off the set!

Archived