[AWARDS 2014] 2014 KBS DRAMA AWARDS

Felicia Soh

thank you so much @Felicia Soh... for all the updates and the hard work

I am satisfied with the results too..

I am surprised that they award more than one prize for a given category.. I assume they want to congratulate several for their hard work.

I loved the song that Park Hyun-Shik sang with Nam Ji-Hyun. In fact that couple was so cute and captivating, I think might go back and watch that drama..

WHTMY-Couple-Park-Hyung-Sik-Nam-Ji-Hyun-

And loved that Park Young-Gyu sang Libiamo ne' lieti calici) from La Traviata.

Park-Young-Gyu_zpsef075a57.png

I hope KBS will upload those on YT

240_F_71186189_xZDPXV2PurdraaolsfqhNi5GP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly my thoughts @LHRCN, Kim Hyun-joo is strikingly beautiful at the KBS Drama Awards.  I love the whole concept of her make-up, hairstyle and the gown.....the lighting perfectly make her shine like a beautiful princess.

0101714010829_3.jpg

You are most welcome @irilight and thank you for posting the lovely captures of the couple singing to "Some" ....truly sweet love that complement the background theme of beautiful flowers.  Though Nam Ji-hyun did not render the song in flawless pitch, the couple make up for the awesome chemistry that melts your heart away.  

박형식 남지현

Yes, I didn't expect Mr Park Yeong-gyu to render that song again (he briefly belt out the same song in Happy Together previously when the JDJ team was the guest in that show)....and he did an overrun of his speech.  Anyway, we don't mind since he entertained us with so much passion.

박영규

Handsome rookies.....Park Hyung-sik and Seo In-guk deserved this award.

KBS 연기대상 박형식 서인국

So proud of this actress who came on stage looking unprepared for the win and gave her speech in tears.  Chukai hamnida Lee Chae-young ssi!

KBS 연기대상 이채영

Five pairs of beautiful BEST COUPLE who warmed and dugun-dugun our hearts whenever they displayed their awesome lovey-dovey scenes including those shocking unexpected planting of kiss scenes....appreciate KBS to award the currently-aired drama couple of Ji Chang-wook and Park Min-young!!

베스트 커플상

Awesome captures of the actors silently cheering for Yoo Dong-geun. For some reason, I find him in a very calm mood and probably anxiously waiting for the results.  He gave one of the most heartfelt speech (though I don't really fully understand what he said) as the recipient of the the DAESANG award.  Warmest congratulations to him...he worked so hard this year....well-deserved award!

201501010029132510_1.jpg

Source via NAVER

Hope to come back later for more beautiful captures of the stars.....again, thank you everyone for dropping by at this thread.

Great work by the 3 MCs last night! I was really impressed, they were so smooth and natural, not having to reading off the prompt cards much at allMy fave part was the gag concert special performance of "last love"they were SO FUNNY!!!!
here's so pretty pix of MC inguk :P
hiI5nNh.jpg
ixGRnVR.jpg
rsu2j10.jpg
photos from dc

My favorites all won! (Choi Yoon Young, Lee Chae Young and the cast of What's With This Family) so I'm happy for all of them.  =D> =D> =D> Looking forward to watching the ceremony to see the stars in their moment. Congratulations, one and all!!! :-bd

Guest bookluver

You are most welcome @irilight and thank you for posting the lovely captures of the couple singing to "Some" ....truly sweet love that complement the background theme of beautiful flowers.  Though Nam Ji-hyun did not render the song in flawless pitch, the couple make up for the awesome chemistry that melts your heart away.  

박형식 남지현

I'm satisfied with this award they all deserved to got the awards. There some people critics about this show. They said SBSA more glamour, they have fantastic perform and stage. I agreed too, that this show are simple. But it not reduce the meaning of the ceremony to gave award for someone whos credible. I've been touch when Joo Won give some speech before giving award for RIP Kim Ja Ok. Maybe because he knew KJO personally so it looks that he speak from the bottom of his heart not just reading card.

When Seo Kang Joon, Yoon Hyun Min perform I don't understand korean, but I thought the lyrics must be funny it, because I saw that many people laughing with that song. Did anyone can translate? I really want to know what they said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXLj2Uop8K0&feature=player_embedded

Guest adikkeluangman

^Kim Ja Ok was Joo Won mom in drama KBS Okjagyo Brothers few years ago. I guess after 50 episode of the weekend drama they bonded. When the news broke out, JW was in the midst filming for drama Naeil's Cantabile. Not sure whether he went to her memorial or not.
-----[Ratings: Wed-Thurs, 12.31-1.1.14] Jun Ji Hyun and Yoo Dong Geun Win Big; ′Pinocchio′ Kicks Off 2015 Right
37027862.jpg

Happy New Year!
2014 ended with major awards shows, where Jun Ji Hyun and Yoo Dong Geun respectively received honors from the SBS Drama Awards and the KBS Drama Awards for their roles in You Who Came From the Stars and Jung Do Jeon and What′s With This Family. 
Award Ceremonies
1. SBS Drama Awards Part 2 12.62. KBS Drama Awards Part 2 11.63. SBS Drama Awards Part 1 10.24. KBS Drama Awards Part 1 9.25. MBC Gayo Daejejeon Part 1 7.66. MBC Gayo Daejejeon Part 2 6.7
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/84277/ratings

bookluver said:

ahhh. and here is a video of Mr Park Yeong-gyu singing Libiamo ne' lieti calici from La Traviata.

With the end of his speech.. I wish I understood his speech. All I got is something about his son...

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"KBS 연기대상] 박영규 아들애도 세월호 유가족응

Thank you @cecilia, @pluie, @LHRCN, @robbo4, @bookluver, @pandavin, @adikkeluangman and @irlight for your contribution and comment in this thread.

I agree @ceclia, the three hosts did a great MCing job and despite making minor blunder by Kim Sang-kyung, he did pull it off in his witty-Tae-ju style that we can easily forgive him.

201412312358507410_1.jpg

I did not expect a higher viewership than SBS Drama Awards since majority of the prime time slot drama from KBS did not garner high ratings as compared to SBS.  And also, KBS did not entertain their guests with loads of entertainment show in between the announcement of awards. I love the first part of the show where the nominated newcomer/rookie actors, Seo Kang-jun, Joon Hyun-min, Son Ho-joon, Park Bo-gum who joined Park Eun-young in one of Gag Concert famous skits, "Let it be"....(the only regret is that there is no English subtitle ....it's full of humor).

Btw, from last year experience, there's no translation for this programme even though there's a rerun unlike KBS Entertainment Award Show (referring to KBSW).  

201412312117082510_1.jpg

A sweet and romantic rendition of "Some" by Park Hyung-sik and Nam Ji-hyun....

201412312250177410_1.jpg

Comedian Lee Gukja making fun of the actors especially all the young and good looking ones!

20141231_1420032722_61730000_1.jpg

Famous skit from Gag Concert, "Late Love" as performed by Kim Young-hee and Jung Tae-ho....

ce75e09aa700ee73ff01620d3a1a5b28.jpg

Some random captures of the winners .......

201501010719262510_1.jpg

201501011703492510_1.jpg
20150101001042_0.jpg

KBS 연기대상 박형식 서인국
201501011705532510_1.jpg

KBS 연기대상 주원 지창욱

KBS 연기대상 김소현

KBS 연기대상 신성록
201412312245776094_54a3ff3d8ed72.jpg

Lifetime Achievement Award to the late Kim Ja-ok..

20141231_1420030980_37855500_1.jpg

Source via NAVER

Scrolling down @Felicia Soh's pictures and seeing the one of the late Kim Ja Ok eminded me just how much I'll miss seeing her sunny smile in dramaland. My thanks also to all who contributed to this thread! =D>

Guest adikkeluangman

The winners are all spread fairly and like Daddy Cha or actor Yoo Dong Geun really deserved the Daesang because of this two dramas and awesome acting. Although I really want Park Bo Gum to win the new Rookie too because he is so awesome in the drama. 
This year don't have category for their drama Special like in 2013. We got few dramas that really astounding. Shout out for my fave Yeon Jun Suk in drama Monster.
Some pictures of the guys on red carpet from drama Naeils Cantabile/Wonderful Days since PBG and Choi Kwon Soo acting in both drama.
JooWonB6LkHGjCMAA2CMd.jpgB6LkHSxCQAEkSMm.jpg
Park Bo GumB6LPpKFCQAASs6M.jpgB6LVs11CIAAB7SR.jpg
Choi Kwon Soo20141231185410164.jpeg

Archived