Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

One of the disadvantages of shipping is you'll have a hard time when the actor/actress move on to a different drama and different pairing. Of course you can't help which pairing you like, but to be hateful of the new pairing is just unfortunate for all. Plus, I think doing that is disregarding the hard work that Bogum is doing to commit to his character.

It is important to recognize that it is your own issue (not moving on, or inability to suspend disbelief), rather than blaming the actors and actresses, even the fans of the new pairing.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, happypuppy said:

@4evgbogummy Thank you for the explanation! :) I am totally new in whole K-related movie/drama world. I live in a country without any expose on Korean culture too. It's just I suddenly had time for watching K-drama (had maternity leave) and was moved by PBG acting. I was trying to look for his update, projects, hints of private life and so on. I bumped to Alkpop website but I was surprised that the comments there can be so judgemental or so much biased because of the worshipping that you mentioned (Even its only recent that I acknowledged what 'ship' means, I thought shipping means 'sending them in one package', lol).

Now I know where to look for reliable source and supportive discussion over him: this thread, where else? :)

Haha..no offense to anyone intended, but the allkpop site is one of the worst to get accurate information in my opinion. That's because people will freely and irresponsibly drop their comments. Yes, this thread is the best in my view because there are a lot of "veterans" here who have supported Bogummy since his early days who will correct any misinformation shared or posted. Also, as Bogummy's true fans, we are peace loving and are opposed to all forms of hate speech targeted at anyone. 

On other sites, you may want to visit this site as well to check on details of his past projects, what he has said in his past interviews and the products he is or was a sponsor of etc, basically everything that has been revealed about him - http://bogummyday.com

If you have free time and have not watched other Bogummy's dramas, I strongly recommend Reply 1988 and I Remember You, that is if you are able to get hold of these as I do not know how freely available k dramas are in your country. I enjoyed his movie Coinlocker Girl too but since you are on maternity leave and should be thinking beautiful thoughts, that movie can be kept for another day haha..

• Like 14

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/hit-thriller-signal-writer-kim-eun-hee-announces-next-project/ 

stumbled across this article and all I could think of PBG in this ensemble cast would be a great team player.

Though it is another saeguk, it will be more political, and reminds me of PBG acting as the LY/CP we got in ep 3 of MDBC. 

• Like 10

Hello chingus!  Stayed away from the forum for a few days to keep myself from crying on missing out on the Cebu sighting or hastily packing my things up and going there with a one-way ticket.  *sigh*

Anyway...

Thank you for all of your updates.  I feel so giddy seeing PBG in his relaxed form (he seems more and more like Taekki, IMO).  He's just too cute for my own good!!!

So this is basically me whenever I see a photo/video of him (replace fluffy with CUTE/HANDSOME/GOOD-LOOKING/HAWT)

original.gif

GIF Source:  We Heart It

I've read somewhere in the thread that PBG's going to do some fan meetings in Asia, is that right?  I'm sorry, this may sound like a silly question but if he visits Manila, how does one participate?  Where do we list our names or do we pay or something?  This is my first time, if ever, to participate in a fan meeting, hence the cluelessness.  If anyone can please enlighten me, it would be highly appreciated (pretty please?)

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

• Like 4

Aii... Does anyone also have difficulty getting the authentication code from AAA? Typed my phone number and got a message saying there was an error, typed it again and it said I have exceed the maximum number of outgoing SMS messages for today... Geez...

@happypuppy Like everyone else  here said I also suggest you not get carried away because Bo Gum is recognized as  being chemistry fairly :D Meaning he has good chemistry and works well with everyone regardless age and gender. Hence  it actually hard not to ship him with anyone at all that's why for me it's goes like this - I ship him with his co star as a drama fan during  broadcasting period when it ends I move on - between two dramas I don't ship him with anyone I'm back to being Bo Gum fan only. 

So this is my humble observation but I think Bo Gum's interactions with his female co star especially IN character. Meaning even if he snaps out and acts like himself in bts when it comes to interactions I went like "Oh! This is so Taek. Oh! This is Lee Yeong" Even funnier one is Bo Gum and Irene interview , Irene was asked if there was a line that make her heart flutter, Bo Gum went like ’Oh, I'm curious.‘ He talked like a MC suddenly haha :D  Maybe because I keep forgetting it's Bo Gum whenever he takes on a different character even real looks like extension of reel. This again might be my way to see it in positive light  but I think undeserving hate Bo Gum took after Reply 1988 was because  he inhabited  the character  Taek back then. Once he became Lee Yeong most of them really let go of that hate. 

So we actually don't know how Bo Gum will be like with his girlfriend and we don't need to since our concern is his  acting.  I want him to be happy not pressured  so if he ever dates  it's better left unofficial. Still to feed your curiosity refer this:

Spoiler
on love and dating
  • he hasn't been in a relationship/dated after his debut 
  • because he's scared it'll be awkward after they break up, he doesn't want to date someone from his university. 
  • he wants to date, but he worries about whether or not he will do well, and whether he will be able to balance it with his work 
  • his ideal type is a good girl. he wants to get married to someone kind, and who is good at cooking. a family centered person who is a good wife and wise mother. it would also be nice if she had a sense for aesthetics. interior designs have been catching his eye lately, so he thinks it would be nice to marry someone who's got a great sense for interior designing 
  • if he were to go on a date with his girlfriend on a cold fall day, he would go for a drive together since he knows how to drive 
  • (on his ideal type) someone with whom he can see eye to eye on their values and worldviews, and he would like it if they were understanding of each other. 
  • his company tells him to date since it will help his acting, but to do it without being caught 
  • he dreams of a love where they can make up for where the other is lacking, and make the other a better person when they're together - essentially becoming each other’s 'lucky charm’. 
  • "I don’t have a specific ideal type when it comes to (physical) looks. I hope that they’re someone who match me well. I like people who look after me like a mother, but at the same time is also like a friend. Age difference doesn’t really matter." 
  • Unlike Jeonghwan in Reply 1988, between love and friendship, he would choose love. 

Cr prkbgm@tumblr

And edwin cf - photoshoots because concept is on a date but there he is not in character at least lol

End of the rambling. 

• Like 9

Hi @phoenixember

Yes, it's been confirmed that there would be an Asian fan meeting.

However, we are not sure of the locations yet but when we do, the info will be passed across to everyone here.

Now, on how to participate, (this is based on my own knowledge. If there are other ways in which it can be achieved, please feel free to let me know everyone). This is all from the organisers. What I know is, you purchase your ticket online (I hope you get the chance because I know other fans will sit by their PCs to fight for tickets lol). 

Once it's time for the Fanmeeting, just take your acquired ticket along with you to the venue. You will meet other fans so the processes involved afterwards will be much easier once you get to the venue. But the important thing is to get a ticket. :)

@bogumminion this situation has happened before (baeksang awards). The easy solution is to send an email to them to get it rectified.

According to my friend, you can vote 20x, but for each vote you will lose 100 credits. So in a day you need 2000 credits to use all your votes.

*sigh* we are always competing with an Exo member. Last time it was D.O, now it's Baekhyun. We never have it easy, do we?

• Like 7

@mellinadear Thank you for that info!  Oh no, if it's online, you're right...  the site might even crash!  We've seen the fandom in Cebu and that's just Cebu and they are already a lot!  Waaaaaaahhhhhh keeping my fingers crossed they'll include Manila.

By the way, (I think I'm being greedy...  Hihihi...) anyone else here wishes to hear PBG sing Nae Saram LIVE???  :wub:

• Like 6

@mai5116 it was taken in his university. It's an old picture though but it's only spreading round today. Lol. 

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO VOTE FOR AAA

[HOW TO LOGIN]
Login using Google Account and they will send verification code to your phone number. 

[EARN 800points FREE]
Fresh login can join Facebook Event to earn 800points free. 

[HOW TO EARN POINTS]
1 - Install games app to earn more points 
2 - Buy 1000pts for USD 1 or 2000pts for USD 2 

[VOTING INSTRUCTION]
1. 1 vote = 100pts
2. Go to Drama/Male Category and vote Park Bogum under this section.
3. You can vote up until 20 votes daily per ID.

• Like 4

Re 2016 Asia Artiste Award

Spoiler

Sigh, I really dislike this kind of voting. Told myself after Baeksang that I will boycott this type of voting even if it's for Bogummy's sake. I registered with some sites to get credits to vote and then immediately cancelled within 24 hours in order not to have my money deducted. I later found out that monies were debited from my bank account! I had to cancel my credit cards as a result. Fortunately, it was not a huge amount - still it was more than US$100. Sigh....Just beware that a lot of these organizers are just using these platforms as marketing tools. As for me, I'm still considering whether to bother with Round 2, because I'm once bitten, twice shy.

• Like 5