Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

BOGUMMY 101: Fans and Sensibility

by admin♥bogummy | Oct 23, 2016 | Notice | 1 comment

BOGUMMY 101: Fans and Sensibility

From one humble fan to another:

I am a fan who is barely a year old… a baby fan!
It may not be our place to be telling other new fans what to do or how to behave, but we still feel we should help and say something.
Please allow us to humbly share what my friends have observed as Bogummy’s new international fans…

Since the success of Reply 1988, Park Bogum has been growing in exponential spurts, into somewhat of a modest Hallyu star!
His followers may not be in the millions like idol groups, but his popularity is no joking matter!
He won numerous Asian awards or Global awards like Dramafever.

While we are very happy and glad to see this, there are also side effects that this popularity is causing.

One fine day if you happen to see Park Bogum in real life, and all thought and logic may be gone, but if you can muster up the willpower to override your fangirl brain, try to please remember this:

Keep a respectable distance from him. Give him breathing room of 2-3m.

It seems like Bogum does not like to be crowded.

1477204527008.jpg?w=1080
006qKWOcgw1f41rebe76vj30kv112gp1.jpg?w=1
S_5098725327697.jpg?w=1080
S_5098725706105.jpg?w=1080
S_5098725500347.jpg?w=1080

cr: Park Bogum Baidu bar

After the international fans who did not stay behind barriers and crowded around him, at the KBS ‘Mubank Walk’ on 16 May 2016, Blossom management arranged to let him enter by the underground carpark for the next two weeks. He was apologetic and even took the trouble to come out of the building to greet the waiting fans.

Keep your distance, and he will be friendly, smile and wave to you like the good, kind boy he is.

Ci9YIoEUoAE_SbJ.jpg?w=1080

Try to not scream so loudly.

It seems that Bogummy does not like loud noises.

SO PLEASE HOLD IT IN.

TRY.

1477194906069.gif?w=1080
Lee Woo Jung added traits to Taek that is similar to Bogummy, so we are only guessing here…

Bogummy is not Taek, but Taek is definitely part-Bogummy.

noise2.png?w=1080

Ask for permission before you take photos of him.

It seems that Bogum does not like people to shove their phones or cameras in his face.

Smile at him, convey your fan feelings politely and leave a beautiful memory instead of a shaky blurry photo and causing him discomfort.

Please respect him as he is. Love him as he is. Quirks and all.

Please be understanding fans.

Don’t have expectations for fanservice that you expect him to fulfil.

Please just enjoy his acting and his works.

He is not an idol.

He is an actor. A singer. An artiste.

So please stop trying to crowd him or touch him.

Watch his works with your eyes. Listen to his songs with your ears.

And love him with your heart.

Disclaimer: We do not represent Blossom or Park Bogum in our guide. Its based on what we observed.

http://bogummyday.com/2016/10/23/fans-and-sensibility/

• Like 16

I definitely feel bad for Bogum because the last half of MDBC was pretty much relying on his performance. With the amount of screen time he has, it was evident that it was taking a toll on him(his obvious weight loss and the dark circles beneath his eyes). 

The drama do lack in a lot of ways. The writing definitely isn't its strongest suit. But in a way the director makes up for it with his gorgeous cinematography. He has a flair of amplifying Bogum's micro-expressions with his choice of shots and I thank the director for that.

However, I am slightly upset of the production's decision of having Bogum pretty much hard-carry the show towards the end and resulted to cutting down the scenes of his co-star, Yoojung, even though she's supposed to be central to the story. It must be really tiring for Bogum and also disappointing to Yoojung fans as well. But I guess this decision of screen time can be attributed to the fan requests.

I'm not sure if you have hung around DC or the drama message boards, but some of these fans are really demanding when it comes to Bogum's screen time. To the point of saying that the drama is boring when it's not Bogum's scenes. As a fan, why would you want to overwork your bias? Only the selfish ones, I guess. Tsk tsk.

Which is why I really wanted him to have a nice rest and enjoy the vacation he is having right now. So seeing some of those secretly taken pics of him (knowing that he's being stalked by fans wherever he goes), kinda breaks my heart in a way. lol. But at least he is smiling widely, enjoying himself and going along with his day despite the extra attention from what I can see. So that's not so bad, I guess.

Hoping that he will slowly take his time reviewing and selecting his next project without feeling the need to rush. Right now, he could just concentrate on his post-drama interviews, photoshoots and the cf deals he has accumulated for the past months. 

• Like 11

Hi everyone, I read all opinions and concerns about Bogum with interest because I like him very much now. Regarding his nex project, I am fine with any kind of work he picks..movie or drama and vey happy that he is so much in demand now :lol:

I am now looking forward to seeing him in fanmeet in Asia..at least one time ^^

Hope he is still enjoying his last 2 days in Cebu and go home with lovely memories and take another well-deserved rest after media interview schedule.

• Like 7

I have observed that actors who have enduring A-list status choose with a lot of care their future projects...

I have also observed that there is a general tendency for actors who soar to popularity because of a breakout hit drama they acted in  to quickly accept a lead role in a string of drama offers that come their way. When the drama flops, the "star status" they obtained from the hit drama  gets eclipsed, and their career suffers a slump  for quite some time until another good project comes their way...

I have also watched poorly written dramas with  A-list actors and actresses that not even their status could salvage the dramas in terms of ratings. Conversely, I have  watched dramas with new or less known actors and actresses but the narrative was so so good that it showed in the ratings! My conclusion: 60 to 70% of the success of the drama lies in the script. However, it needs a skillful, creative directorial crew and good actors and actresses to set it to life.

Having said all these, before detailing what roles I would like Bogum to star in, I hope he gets to be offered roles by the following renowned screenwriters:

Park Hye Run (I Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, Original Dream High). The news is that she will be having a drama in early 2017, a fantasy romance, entitled, While You Were Sleeping. The male lead character is an aerospace engineering major.

Kim Eun Hee (Signal, Three Days, Ghost) is penning a historical drama for next year. The only downside is that she warns that "a lot of people will die" in the drama...sigh!!!!!!! No more dying roles for Bogum, please!

Park Ji Eun (You From Another Star, My Husband Got A Family, Producers): I wasn't really crazy over YFAS but I was certainly entertained by it. So with Producers. I am a sucker for family dramas so I like My Husband Got A Family a lot!

Kim Eun Sook...Let's face it....no matter how severely criticized her dramas are for its makjang elements and lacking-in-substance narrative, these are sure ratings hits not only in Korea but internationally so I would like Bogum to experience it first-hand.

However, I would like him to follow his dream. His sageuk role dream was already fulfilled with his MDBC role. The other dream he has is a high school drama or film  (?). I read the news about School 2017 but my only reservation is the director-screenwriter tandem. I am not familiar with the director's projects and the scriptwriter will be chosen in a competition. Moreover, they normally cast newbies like the Reply series.

I wonder why Bogum taking on the role of an autistic boy keeps on crossing my mind, pretty much like the male lead of MY NAME IS KHAN, a hit Bollywood film. The idea excites me because I am confident that Bogum will ace the role.

Since he is such an emotive actor and has such a stupefying chemistry with his female leads, with his killer stares and gazes---Boy! He can stare at you for long periods without flinching!---I like him in romance dramas!

Sorry for this looong post. I rarely post long comments but I would like to end with the following:

Thanks a million to the Reply 1988 and Moonlight Drawn By The Clouds directors and screenwriters for giving our Bogum the gifts of Choi Taek and Lee Young!

I hope---keeping my finger crossed!---that you cast Bogum in another project with you at the helm!

I am deeply grateful to all of you!

• Like 20

3 hours ago, tiendoank said:

OMO...... @akinahana89 mod-nim is here??!! *hidingtothecornerandshiveringinfear*

Hehheh... Hi there, Akina. Miiiiaann... we behaved badly, didn't we? We'll do as suggested next time the same things occur. Thanks for stepping up. Mmuuaaah, mmmmuuuuah!!!! :)

Are you sure you're shivering from fear and not because you still haven't put your banana peel back on? :P

Anyway, I'm glad the situation is done and over with. Hope Park Bo Gum and his co-stars enjoy their vacation~ ^^

• Like 3

I'm pretty excited for his planned end-of-year Asian tour. Hopefully Singapore is one of his destinations. Excited to meet Singaporean Bogummy fans as well if that happens. As long as he's not coming around the week of 5-11 Dec though because I'll be in Melbourne during that week. Any day after that week, please. haha 

• Like 5

K-pop Herald takes questions for Park Bo-gum interview

Ever wanted to ask Park Bo-gum, star of the hugely successful drama “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,” a question? Well, now is your chance.

K-pop Herald, Korea’s leading prime culture and entertainment news outlet, is giving readers the opportunity to submit questions to be put to the actor during an interview later this week. 

On Wednesday, K-pop Herald will publish a series based on the interview which will take place in northern Seoul at 10:30 a.m., and will include questions from fans.

In the historical series “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,” Park plays Crown Prince Lee Young who falls in love with an eunuch (Kim Yoo-jung). As Lee’s feelings develop he learns about the eunuch’s past and the secrets therein.

Park’s character was inspired by Prince Hyomyeong in the late Joseon dynasty, whose penchant for literature and arts, and willingness for political reform allowed him to serve as a Regent for his father and incumbent King Sunjo. 

Questions can be submitted to json@heraldcorp.com by no later than Tuesday at 6 p.m. local time.

Emails must include the sender’s name, nationality, questions and message for the actor.

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, syaiira said:

I'm pretty excited for his planned end-of-year Asian tour. Hopefully Singapore is one his destinations. Excited to meet Singaporean Bogummy fans as well if that happens. As long as he's not coming around the week of 5-11 Dec though because I'll be in Melbourne during that week. Any day after that week, please. haha 

Hi..please to meet another Singaporean Bogummy here..yup, we all hope that he will come to Singapore too. If not, I'd have to travel a bit further, HK perhaps ? ^^

• Like 6

@Grace1003. i agree that he will be awesome playing an autistic role in the future....:)

Somebody said about dexter role too, and it occurred to me since I am a fan of Michael C. Hall, it would be exciting to see him in a musical play like Hedwig and the angry finch..  the best to date is Oh Man Seok as korean Hedwig.. 

I hope i will not see him just in dramas, but i want to see him conquer chungmuro and the stage too.

p.s. i think jo seung woo, jo jung suk and byun yo han acted in this musical too but for me the best Hedwig is Oh Man Seok

• Like 5