Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

11 minutes ago, mellinadear said:
27 minutes ago, Unicaunnisansu said:

Hello Everyone, First time to post here, but been lurking here since MDBC started. I read 2 weeks ago that MDBC Team will be coming to Philippines for a 5-day vacation. Does anyone knows their itinerary? Thanks. 

We don't have an info on it yet but when we do, we will make sure to post the details here before the time. :)

Thanks @mellinadear. looking forward to it :) 

• Like 2

Over 5,000 fans at Park Bo-gum fan event

Updated : October 19 2016

CvI-VR6UMAEsTec.jpg

Park Bo-gum’s fan event held in Gyeongbokgung palace, Seoul, attracted over 5,000 fans, Wednesday afternoon. 

The event was held to mark the successful culmination of the hit-TV drama “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” featuring Park in the lead role as the crown prince.

The last episode of the drama, which aired Tuesday, surpassed 20 percent in viewer ratings, for which Park carried out his pledge to hold an autograph signing event. 

CvI-RsrVYAUibuX.jpg

(Yonhap)

The female lead, Kim Yoo-jung, and the main supporting actors Jinyoung and Kwak Dong-yeon were also present. 

Although only 200 select fans were invited to the event, crowds gathered around the venue from morning. 

The number swelled to over 5,000 when the clock hit 3 p.m.

Due to the human congestion, the actors were unable to make their entry, resulting in a 30-minute delay to the event. 
CvI-TNlVIAAMEVn.jpg

(Yonhap)

The actors and the staff of “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” will leave for Cebu, Philippines on Friday as a reward from the broadcasting station.

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201610191710248451556_2

• Like 7

(LEAD) Actors of 'Love in the Moonlight' meet fans at palace

2016/10/19 19:07

(ATTN: UPDATES throughout with fan meeting, quotes; CHANGES headline, photos; ADDS byline)

By Lee Haye-ah and Lee Yu-jeong

SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Yonhap) -- The main actors of "Love in the Moonlight" fulfilled a promise with their fans Wednesday as they signed hundreds of autographs for an excited mob.

Park Bo-gum, Kim Yoo-jung, Jinyoung and Kwak Dong-yeon entered Gyeongbok Palace in full costume just as they appeared in the KBS period series that ended Tuesday after a successful run. Gyeongbok was one of the main palaces of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) in which the drama was set.

While thousands screamed and took photos, only 200 lucky fans were allowed to receive autographs from the four actors after being chosen in a contest.

Shin Se-hwa, a 31-year-old kindergarten teacher from Incheon, west of Seoul, stood patiently in line carrying large bags of presents she'd prepared for each of the four stars.

Her favorite, she said, was Park, the 23-year-old actor who played the lead role of Crown Prince Lee Yeong.

"This summer was the hottest summer we've had, and he went through so much trouble," she told Yonhap News Agency. "I could see from beginning to end how hard he was working and how he was improving, so my heart ached for him and I was moved at the same time."

CvJAsSvUAAAXuYy.jpg

The cast of "Love in the Moonlight" pose for a photo at Gyeongbok Palace in Seoul on Oct. 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

The 18-part series, which aired Mondays and Tuesdays, told the story of Crown Prince Lee Yeong who ruled the country in his ailing father's stead from 1827-1830. In the drama, which was based on the web novel of the same name, the prince falls in love with a woman disguised as a eunuch (Kim).

In its final episode, the series recorded a viewership of 22.9 percent after peaking at 23.3 percent the previous day, according to media research company Nielsen Korea.

Park pledged early on that the cast would sign autographs for their fans should the viewership exceed 20 percent.

"I'm so thankful and honored that we were able to carry out the pledge," he said during the signing. "Thank you all so much for coming."

A few episodes in, it became clear that much of the series' popularity could be attributed to Park's handsome looks and endearing character, as women of all ages tuned in to watch the budding romance between the two young protagonists.

"I've liked him since he starred in 'Reply 1988,'" said 16-year-old Nam Yeon-ji, referring to the hit drama in which Park played a genius Go player. "His dimples are so cute when he smiles. I couldn't say anything when I was getting his autograph but I'd like him to wish me luck on my exams next week."

Yoo Jin-young, a 39-year-old clay artist, held up a clay model of the actor.

"As I was making it, I felt happy and passionate," she said. "I abandoned everything and worked on it straight for two days."

Asked what she would like to say to Park, she added, "My life is really depressing these days, but I was really happy while watching the drama. Everything will go well for you. I'll support you."

CvI-VR6UMAEsTec.jpg

This photo shows Gyeongbok Palace during a fan event held by the cast of "Love in the Moonlight" on Oct. 19, 2016. (Yonhap)

• Like 7

TV series 'Love in the Moonlight' meets happy end

2016/10/19 12:01

By Lee Haye-ah

SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Yonhap) -- The KBS period drama "Love in the Moonlight" ended late Tuesday following a successful run marked by high viewership and newfound stardom for some of its cast.

The 18-part series, which aired Mondays and Tuesdays, told the story of Crown Prince Lee Yeong who ruled the country in his ailing father's stead from 1827-1830. In the drama, which was based on the web novel of the same name, the prince (Park Bo-gum) falls in love with a woman disguised as a eunuch (Kim Yoo-jung).

In its final episode, the series recorded a viewership of 22.9 percent after peaking at 23.3 percent the previous day, according to media research company Nielsen Korea. Few had expected such success for the drama when it began with two emerging actors in its lead roles.

Stills from "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)Stills from "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)

A few episodes in, it became clear that much of the popularity could be attributed to Park's handsome looks and endearing character as women of all ages tuned in to watch the budding romance between the two young protagonists.

At 23, Park has become South Korea's latest heartthrob and grown into a leading actor.

"I feel so sorry that it's already over," he said through his management agency Blossom Entertainment. "Now that I've completed filming, I feel like I've climbed over a large mountain. It was a truly unforgettable and valuable experience."

In her role as the female protagonist, 17-year-old Kim is considered to have shed her image as a child actress.

"I feel so, so sorry and sad," she said through her management agency sidusHQ. "Being Ra-on, filming was such a happy and enjoyable time."

Along with other members of the cast, Park and Kim are scheduled to sign autographs for fans at Gyeongbok Palace in central Seoul later in the day. Gyeongbok was one of the main palaces of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) during which the drama was set.

A poster for "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)A poster for "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

(END)

• Like 7

(Yonhap Interview) Playwright wanted to give hope in ending of 'Love in the Moonlight'

2016/10/19 17:56

By Lee Haye-ah and Youn Go-eun

SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Yonhap) -- When Kim Min-jung decided to write the script for "Love in the Moonlight," the playwright was throwing herself into unknown territory. Not only had she never thought about writing a historical drama, she also didn't expect it to do so well.

"For me, it was the biggest challenge of my life and I took a big risk thinking this would be my only chance," Kim said in an interview with Yonhap News Agency Wednesday. The KBS series ended Tuesday night after posting a viewership high of 23.3 percent in its penultimate episode.

"I'm really happy that it received so much love but also think it could have been better," the playwright said. "I was really short of time toward the end."

This photo provided by the playwright Kim Min-jung of "Love in the Moonlight" shows herself. (Yonhap)This photo provided by the playwright Kim Min-jung of "Love in the Moonlight" shows herself. (Yonhap)

Based on a popular web novel of the same name, the plot revolved around the love story of Crown Prince Lee Yeong of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) and a young woman disguised as a eunuch. Despite its historical setting, the drama appealed to both young and old with its lighthearted humor, fast pace and colorful mise-en-scene. Most importantly, however, there was the irresistible charm of lead actor Park Bo-gum, who at 23 has become South Korea's latest heartthrob.

"He's just as everyone says he is," Kim said of Park. "How could anyone not like him when even as a top star he's constantly putting others before him and working hard?"

Casting off initial worries, Park broke out of his image as the genius go player in his previous work, "Reply 1988," and won both critical and public acclaim for his acting.

"We started out wondering how he would be in the role of a cold-hearted character, but shouted for joy when he did so well," Kim said. "He's so gentle and sweet that we thought it might be awkward when he yells at the court ladies and is mean to them, but all of a sudden he turned into Lee Yeong. Every look in his eyes is convincing."

With each episode, the playwright faced new challenges both in the plot and in its delivery.

One part she wishes she could have done better is where the female protagonist (Kim Yoo-jung) loses her cheeky and charming character due to an unexpected turn of events.

"Hong Sam-nom's loss of her character is the part I'm most upset about," the writer said. "I'm sure some of our viewers were confused by the change in atmosphere from bright to dark, but the weight of the fact that Hong was the daughter of a traitor was considerable. It was a thorny path we had to take."

Viewership took a hit during those episodes, but Kim said she wasn't too bothered.

"I thought hard about the story, but not about the viewership," she recalled. "It was already better than expected, so I thought it's better this way than seeing it skyrocket."

This image shows posters for "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)This image shows posters for "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)

To close the 18-part series, Kim said she wanted to end on a positive note and thus crowned Lee as king. The real Lee ruled the country in his ailing father's stead from 1827-1830, and is known to have pursued various political reforms before dying at the young age of 21.

"I thought long about the ending," the playwright said. "Joseon fell in the end and the actual history leaves us feeling empty, but I imagined what it would have been like if the crown prince had lived without dying."

She added, "I thought it would be the most hopeful fantasy to bring the curtains down on the drama right at the moment when the crown prince goes on to become king, filled with hope and dreaming of a new world."

Kim didn't go as far as making Hong queen because she wanted to leave it as a love story between two people in their youth.

"I wanted to paint their love in a way that would suit the world Lee Yeong creates, a world in which a woman can live as a woman and a child can live as a child," she said.

Asked what kind of drama she'd like to write in the future, Kim said it will be a story about grown-ups -- adults who know enough about the world but still struggle with love in the face of reality.

A still from "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)A still from "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/10/19/0701000000AEN20161019009300315.html

• Like 9