[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

omo.. i just finished pinocchio ep.2 with sub. Inha really bluntly speaking witch, the scene in ambulance prove it. she just spoke whatever she felt (even it isn't necessary) bcz she really worried to her uncle. she was just talking and talking.lol i love her character so much..lee jong suk scene in elevator was really..really impressive..and the rain scene..wow..i can feel why inha confused bcz what he said very diff with what his eyes conveyed..i'm very thankful to him for always compliment shin hye doing good job on set. she need that..
the writer and PDnim...thank you so much i really enjoy the story. please continue working hard all pinocchio team. fighting!!!
shin hye said in recent interview. even if she think the project that she involved in is good but she will stay humble with it..they are the main in the project and we are just supporter right? so lets be humble and keep praying.. :x :x :x group hugs >:D<

Guest lovesalvz

It seems like i am the only one who like PSH both acting adult and high school girl roles. I mean she has a pretty face and she really looks good and manages to good in portraying it. I have no problem with it, as long as for me I love Park Shin hye,

@thao_2512 thanks, I've updated my post.

-------

@Broseph

Here we go again people complaining PSH & LJS acting in HS again when they don't even know the plot of the story. It's just a flashback/backstory and next week we will see them as rookie reporters. Instead of complaining go watch both episodes first before commenting, and if it's not your show go find something that interest you because people here are enjoying the drama. :)

Guest LadyAra

class="entry-title"The More Often Park Shin-hye Hiccups, The Higher Ratings Drama ‘Pinocchio’ Gets?

피노키오_2회 박신혜 딸꾹 분당최고

2nd episode of SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama <Pinocchio>, which aired on November 13, was full of Park Shin-hye’s lovely charms. Park Shin-hye appears as ‘Choi In-ha’ who hiccups every time she lies in the drama.

Park Shin-hye showed funny appearance as she imagined of her exposing the truth of a brutal criminal and as she hiccupped while she acted a role for a film.

Park Shin-hye’s hiccup also made her not to lie about her feeling for Lee Jong-suk. In the previous episode, Park Shin-hye brought an umbrella to Lee Jong-suk because she knew that he didn’t have one. She was worried about him. But, she lied saying, “I brought this umbrella to you because grandpa asked me to.” And, she hiccupped as soon as she said that.

Park Shin-hye also looks so adorable when she hiccups. Her hiccup even raises expectation for love story of Park Shin-hye and Lee Jong-suk.

Meanwhile, according to Nielseon ratings, 2nd episode of drama <Pinocchio> recorded ratings of 10.8 % in the capital area and ratings of 9.8 % in the whole country, which is 2.0% more than the previous episode.

SBS’s drama <Pinocchio> airs at 10 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday. [more]

Guest sullifish

i love this drama so much... from ep 1 till ep 2 and also till end...talking about the past and what happened to dal po....next week, seems it getting more interesting..they get back to seoul..in ha meet her mom and i am hoping dal po can meet his brother..
omg lee jongsuk and park shinhye characterstyle is different from his last drama...on ep 1 and ep2, both of them looks so funny..loli think in next ep, it will show different character which gonna focus on main problem and also antagonist actor/actress will come out
i cant wait for next episode , the ratings getting up and up..

Just so happy with the buzz that Pinocchio is making right now... a 2% increased in TV rating is big, same goes with the huge increased in online viewership from 23something % to 29 something % and this is only 2 episodes on its first week.... And how can we forget the entertainment media writing and giving positive feedback and of course those bloggers doing a Pinocchio recaps, viewers comments, albeit some maybe not so in-sync with our POVs but still, it adds to the buzz, the noise, publicity that it generates to make more people watch Pinocchio... So whether it's a good or bad comments, recaps, it doesn't bother me B-) :^o :^o :^o .... Miahne .... Let me drink some water first because I'm starting to hiccup.... hiccup .... hiccup.... Aishhhhhhh.... :D;)

class="main-title" style="font-family: Arimo, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif; font-size: 40px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1em; margin: 0px 0px 12px; padding: 0px 0px 5px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"WiKi K-POP
class="main-title" style="font-family: Arimo, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif; font-size: 40px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1em; margin: 0px 0px 12px; padding: 0px 0px 5px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"‘Pinocchio’ Lee Jong-suk Stops Acting Like a  class="main-title" style="font-family: Arimo, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif; font-size: 40px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1em; margin: 0px 0px 12px; padding: 0px 0px 5px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Fool…Why?

Posted on Nov 14, 2014

[WIKI KPOP = Media team Editor]

Lee Jong Suk/ photo=SBS

Lee Jong Suk/ photo=SBS

Lee Jong-suk and Park Shin-hye are starting to fall in love with each other on SBS’s Monday and Tuesday drama <Pinocchio>.

In the 2nd episode of <Pinocchio> aired on November 13, Dalpo(Lee Jong-suk) showed his pains to hide his past life full of hatred and his love for Inha(Park Shin-hye). The viewers are praising Lee Jong-suk for his acting skills, which express different emotions and encompass different genres from a serious drama to a comedy and to a melodrama.

‘Real Dalpo’ has always lived as a fool. But he score full 100 points on a common sense skill test to compete on a quiz program, proving how smart he is.

Dalpo’s teacher and his classmates falsely accused of cheating, saying “Dalpo shanged his test sheet”. Inha was the only person who believed in Dalpo.

To help Inha, who struggled to gather evidence to prove that Dalpo is smart, Dalpo competed against the top student at school at the preliminary round on the quiz program. Why Dalpo give up on acting like a fool? He had to do so to stop the top student from confessing his love to Inha on the TV show.

Dalpo was confused. Inha is the daughter of Chaeok(Jinkyung), who destroyed his family. On the surface, Dalpo lives with Inha’s family and acts like her uncle, which makes the situation strange. Dalpo was not allowed to love Inha.

Dalpo expressed his anger against media while he was in the quiz competition. When a staff member asked Dalpo why he gave the wrong answer he gave for the final question, he said, “This place is full of people who talk about things with their groundless assumptions. I feel suffocated when I breathe the same air with these disgusting people and I would rather die than come here again. If I win I have to come back here.” Lee Jong-suk helped the viewers relate to his character by expressing the complex emotions and pains with his eyes.

The next episode of the story of Dalpo who lives under his fake name and Inha who cannot lie will be aired at 10 pm on November 17.

http://www.wikikpop.com/blog/archives/25203

Interesting review.)
Pinocchio Episode 2 Recap

Posted on November 13, 2014 by ockoala

Pinocchio is off to an excellent drama start after the second episode solidified the heart of the story without losing a beat from the quick first episode lead off. This particular story has picked a thematic conflict with broad based appeal, who hasn’t dealt with rumors big and small both as the spreader and as the recipient. News reporting is basically a public audience to pass along information which may or may not be fact but nevertheless eagerly consumed by a society constantly bombarded with news bites. Every person at some point contributes even when withholding judgment is the ideal choice.

What happened to Dal Po’s real family is tragic with a preventable element whereas the deaths of all those firefighters was the type of bad luck confluence of events that feel beyond control. Dal Po’s life isn’t necessarily meaningful because it’s all that tragic, it hurts because he didn’t have a choice and was too young to face the hard realities of life. Now that he’s grown up into someone actively living a lie, it’s interesting to watch him start to do things for himself and his own feelings. Even better is seeing his decision to show the world his real self all because of his undeniable affection for In Ha.

Thoughts of Mine:

On one hand I’m happy so much substantive plot and character interactions happen in every episode of Pinocchio so far. On the other hand it certainly ups my recap length and time spent when the recent batches of empty drama filler fluff have been shills for product placement rather than storytelling. I don’t think I’ve spotted a single obtrusive PPL in this drama yet, but it certainly makes a compelling case for disliking mass media operating for ratings at the expense of journalistic integrity. I don’t think it’s an either/or choice and in many ways Pinocchio makes broad assertions for the sake of its story that don’t hold up to closer scrutiny. But it does so in a fluid rather than hamfisted way so the moralistic pill is easier to swallow. I also think the story doesn’t want to take sides but aims to show that the very act of casting judgment, whether real or rumor, contributes to the infliction of pain on others.

The bookending Quiz Show scenes from episode one was so seamlessly woven into how episode two explained the backstory and fleshed out Dal Po’s character through it. I can see how the Dal Po cheated on the quiz exam rumor plot was intended to elicit the same memories of how his father’s reputation was shredded by a series of false statements taken as fact. It is a tad obvious but the writer managed to make it work because the high school setting is so often the ground zero for rumors to thrive and mutate. I can’t even blame the classmates for thinking Dal Po cheated since he went from 0-to-100, but the lack of investigation by the teacher before judging Dal Po was ridiculous.

I don’t find Chan Soo an annoying twat because the young actor played him perfectly and the character is nicely written with depth even as a supporting role. The thrill was watching how Dal Po managed to reveal the truth himself (and one-up Chan Soo) by showcasing his intelligence, yet it also highlighted the conundrum of when there are rumors with no effective weapon to disprove, like Dal Po’s dad being labeled an incompetent coward of a firefighter. Poor older brother Jae Myung has it even worse than Dal Po, IMO, since he really is all alone and wallowing in the weight of his father’s ruined reputation. I hope the brothers will reunite sooner rather than later and work through their issues together.

I adore Dal Po’s character so much it’s not even funny. I like him not for being smart and snarky, or sweet with Grandpa and self-sacrificing, I like him most for being such a resilient young man soldiering on in life despite all the pain of his past. He’s not perfect and doesn’t always do the right thing, but he tries so darn hard and keeps his past hidden but not forgotten. In Ha is conversely a less accessible character because she’s still so reactive most of the time. I don’t feel what she’s feeling even if she’s written to be an open book. Perhaps it’s the lack of angst in her life so compared to Dal Po she feels like a kid still while he’s an old soul inside.

I am sweet on their uncle-niece relationship, both in the “I got your back” attitude as well as the clear stirrings of romantic interest in each other. There isn’t even any icky fauxcest since everyone knows they are not related and treat the uncle-niece front as just a pink elephant everyone ignores. I’m not seeing much angst later on either since whatever In Ha’s mom did is not attributable to her nor would her choosing to walk in her mother’s reporter footsteps necessitate Dal Po keeping away from her. The story probably has many more future layers to come and that’s the good stuff I’m expecting to keep this romance ever changing as they grow and brave the real world together.

© 2014, ockoala.

credit: park-shin-hye.com

Well.. All i can say about ep 1 and 2 is loving every bit of it.. Shin Hye cried at "just right dose", beautiful chemistry, Jong Suk "not just pretty face acting quality", beautiful scene, beautiful story.. I even dreamed about how about my love life would be if i was in Dal-In shoes (and i'm an ahjumma). .LOL.. It's just the right and fresh air  feeling.. Can't wait for next eps.. Good job Pinocchio Team! Shin Hye_Jong Suk, Hwaitiiiing!! Stay healthy.. Thanks for all the awesome chingus who make the gif, videos, uploading eps 1 and 2 with or without the eng sub..    ^:)^