[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

Has anyone looked up Open Thread at Dramabeans? There is a large argument on hiccuping rules - some people say that In Ha did not actually lie to a person but hiccuped nevertheless (like when she watched people falling or when she confessed to Dal Po).Comparing this argument with rules designated earlier, it seems they have a point, because at the beginning it was stated that "hiccuping occurs only when you are lying", so just feeling that something is wrong does not fit. And therefore since she lied to Beom Jo in elevator and admitted it straight away, she did not have to tell it to Dal Po.What do you think?
For reference, here is the link (Comment #5): http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/12/open-thread-372/Rules provided by writer (cr: hitoritabi):1. Pinocchio Syndrome is a automatic nervous system illness, which causes the patient to hiccup uncontrollably whenever lying. It is an illness that exists from birth and currently incurable.

2. Even if the patient lies through the phone or by texting, he/she would hiccup.

3. The hiccuping only occurs when you are lying; if your lie is rectified, the hiccups would stop.

4. If small lies are not rectified, the hiccups would slow to a stop with time. But if the lie is huge and is not rectified, then the hiccups will persist.

5. Even everyday lies like “Your daughter is so pretty”, “I’m selling this necklace to you at a loss” cannot be told, which is why patients of this syndrome find it hard to keep jobs, suffering from financial and social difficulty.

6. Because they will be found out once they lie, people believe in everything a patient of this syndrome says.

Guest missgaara

So for those who questioned about that LSJ said PSH wasn't pretty before they  started filming during the 2nd Presscon... I asked my friend to watch the clip and explain it to me

This is what she said:
He says he can't really remember all of their photo shoots before but he doesn't recall thinking even once “oh she’s so pretty” but for some reasons now after filming he finds himself having that thought very often. 
From my understanding he is saying it as someone who didn't really have those sudden thoughts . 
He explained of course she was pretty but he didn't think wow she’s pretty during or after their encounters. Since it was a professional setting and not appropriate. So the thought didn't cross his mind. But now filming and seeing her and her wonderful personality. He suddenly has those thoughts that she’s very pretty and loveable quite often.
I get the sense that he’s saying before he wasn’t aware of her charms but now sees them and it’s quite unexpected since they’ve worked together on a number of occasions. Kind of like seeing someone for the millionth times but then suddenly seeing them in a different light."

Hope this could help. 
Thanks to my friend Jess ^^

No problem, I have some Korean friends (more like Kpop friends) and some friends that know Korean as well LOL

I bother them often and they help me a lot as you see :P

I'm happy reading your explanation... it is such a relieve for me... now i can watch pinocchio with ease... i really really love park shin hye.... she's so beautiful...

Guest MyAngelShinHye

newstory said: Has anyone looked up Open Thread at Dramabeans? There is a large argument on hiccuping rules - some people say that In Ha did not actually lie to a person but hiccuped nevertheless (like when she watched people falling or when she confessed to Dal Po).Comparing this argument with rules designated earlier, it seems they have a point, because at the beginning it was stated that "hiccuping occurs only when you are lying", so just feeling that something is wrong does not fit. And therefore since she lied to Beom Jo in elevator and admitted it straight away, she did not have to tell it to Dal Po.What do you think?
For reference, here is the link (Comment #5): http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/12/open-thread-372/Rules provided by writer (cr: hitoritabi):1. Pinocchio Syndrome is a automatic nervous system illness, which causes the patient to hiccup uncontrollably whenever lying. It is an illness that exists from birth and currently incurable.

2. Even if the patient lies through the phone or by texting, he/she would hiccup.

3. The hiccuping only occurs when you are lying; if your lie is rectified, the hiccups would stop.

4. If small lies are not rectified, the hiccups would slow to a stop with time. But if the lie is huge and is not rectified, then the hiccups will persist.

5. Even everyday lies like “Your daughter is so pretty”, “I’m selling this necklace to you at a loss” cannot be told, which is why patients of this syndrome find it hard to keep jobs, suffering from financial and social difficulty.

6. Because they will be found out once they lie, people believe in everything a patient of this syndrome says.

Guest ktiminie

thao_2512 said: So for those who questioned about that LSJ said PSH wasn't pretty before they  started filming during the 2nd Presscon... I asked my friend to watch the clip and explain it to me
This is what she said:He says he can't really remember all of their photo shoots before but he doesn't recall thinking even once “oh she’s so pretty” but for some reasons now after filming he finds himself having that thought very often. From my understanding he is saying it as someone who didn't really have those sudden thoughts . He explained of course she was pretty but he didn't think wow she’s pretty during or after their encounters. Since it was a professional setting and not appropriate. So the thought didn't cross his mind. But now filming and seeing her and her wonderful personality. He suddenly has those thoughts that she’s very pretty and loveable quite often.I get the sense that he’s saying before he wasn’t aware of her charms but now sees them and it’s quite unexpected since they’ve worked together on a number of occasions. Kind of like seeing someone for the millionth times but then suddenly seeing them in a different light."
Hope this could help. Thanks to my friend Jess ^^

I feel so weird today

I feel numb

because of the overjoyed on the beautiful kiss scene,

because of two brothers finally met,

because dalpo finally realized he's doing awful mistakes,

because JaeMyung risking his life to save a boy that reminded him to HamYung.

Too much happened in 2 episodes, the ups and downs so I feel numb.

I even can't hate Cha Ok for HER rudeness to InHa. Somehow I think she has a reason to do that and the reason will be heart breaking. And later we can't even hate her but pitying her.

Am I weird?

juz finish watching ep7 AGAIN..n later going to watch ep8 AGAIN..hehe

here is the tiny miny detail that i noticed from ep7.

The scene where dal po reminded about what he said at the meeting room to in ha,the dark n light scenery reminds me of the official poster where there are dark n light color of the clouds.

Then,in ha was back to the pressroom after the liver transplant case n said that she got so many things to say to dal po only to find dal po is nowhere to be found. But,as soon as dal po arrived n chan soo said in ha had so many things to say to him,in ha denied that she got nothing to say to dal po. Now,why in the world she doesn't hiccupping?

Lastly,did bum jo change his phone no? Or in ha doesn't have his no? Or he got 2 phones? Because that's the way in ha knows that bum jo got her mother old phone no,right?

Wohoo! Just watched the previous two eps. :)

I like the way the writer revealed certain main issues earlier, such as the encounter between Dal Po-Jae Myung and love confession between Dal Po-In Ha. She isn't beating around the bush and I like it. Really curious to know how she will wrap everything up since it looks so complicated. I hope she won't take the cliche-and-typical amnesia plot. This is one thing I don't like from her previous IHYV so I really hope that Pinocchio won't go to this plot. :/

Beom Jo. hmm he is so close to In Ha but how could they never contact each other by phone so that In Ha could find that he has been stalking her this whole time? :/

And Yoo Rae!! Hahaha I couldn't help laughing at her antics. So funny :))

Omo the kisses! hahaha. It is beautiful. The whole atmosphere, cinematography and the way Dal Po grabbed In Ha's hand just remind me of Do Min Joon's frozen kiss ;)

But it looks too passionate and intense for only ep.8, in my opinion.

So far, Pinocchio has got toast near-kiss in ep.4 and confession kiss in ep.8. I guess we will get other kiss scenes in ep 12, 16, and 20. kikiki :D