[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

docster6 said: This drama "Pinochio" is really going to be something. My Korean Drama partner is my 16-year old daughter and we started many dramas that we never finished because as a school girl, she is the busier one. This weekend we started on this drama with a long-time anticipation and it did't disappoint. After we watched it together I had to run a long errand, but my daughter watched it 3 more times while I was gone, neglecting her home work assignments. It is safe to say that we are hooked on this drama. The last time Lee Jung-Suk was on a lead role, in Doctor Stranger, the shippers' war was so intense the thread had to be shut down multiple times. I am guessing this new drama does not have a serious second female lead and perhaps this thread is safe? The monologue (from 2014, given 2005) that Choi Dal-Po said near the end of episode 2 pretty much summed it up, he is only in love with Choi In-Ha.
I suppose starting in Episode 3, we will be in the 2014 time frame. But how I will miss the OTP's high school days. The child-actors were amazing and the bullying from their school was very mild and I actually like their classmates. One thing I couldn't figure out about the bike accident was this: I thought Dal-Po's bike was on the other side of the water? But regardless, I was in tears after the fire explosion, what a terrible event that was. I was in love with the suicidal mom because she was so pretty but I guess that was a cameo appearance. This drama's initial setting reminded me of Angel Eyes, how that initial tragedy affected the rest of the drama.

Hi everyone, I loved the first two episodes of the drama and somehow ended up here… lol

I was reading the first page and noticed that there is a mistake in the notes in the intro post… note #2 is not true, so it would be better to remove it to avoid any confusion.

Anyway, can't wait for the next episode!

Guest MarieN1430293183

Thank you all for the link!
I melted at this scene. I love how In Ha carefully replaces Dal Po hair so the band aid can't be seen. And love how Dal Po gazes at her. Gosh! The chemistry between this two! 
tumblr_nf4k37RGsi1stmypwo1_400.gif tumblr_nf4k37RGsi1stmypwo3_400.gif

credit to the owner

itemprop="name"10 Times we had a girl crush on Park Shin Hye

by Vivi on Fri, Nov 14, 2014

Source:http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-times-we-had-a-girl-crush-on-park-shin-hye/

PSH_cover.png

Pinocchio premiered this week, and so far, the fan reviews for the Park Shin HyeLee Jong Suk series are excellent! We know some of you were a little worried when we poked some good-natured fun at her kissing scenes for the show's premiere, but don't fret! We know she's always been a girl crush-worthy actress. Here are 10 reasons we will always love Park Shin Hye:

1. She creates memorable characters

Who could forget the cross-dressing nun Go Mi Nyu or the introverted shut-in Go Dok Mi? Regardless of the role, Shin Hye always puts her personal stamp on a series.

PSH_shocked.png

2. She's multi-talented

PSH isn't limited to just acting. She also has a lovely singing voice, which she showcased on the Heirs soundtrack. Here she is performing live at the DramaFever 2013 Awards:

3. She has amazing style

Even though she rocks school uniforms in a lot of her shows, in real life she consistently has an impeccable, chic wardrobe. For example, take a look at this dress from the Pinocchio press conference. It is to die for.

PSH_dress.png

4.  She gives back

Park Shin Hye is known for participating in a wide variety of charity work, from working in soup kitchens in her free time to helping out with charity auctions. For example, she recently donated 50 million won (~$48,100 USD) to relief efforts for the Sewol ferry tragedy.

PSH_charity.jpg

5. She has the best facial expressions

One of the things that makes her fun to watch is her variety of facial expressions. They match the characters so well!

PSH_faces.png

6. She skipped her awkward phase

Seriously, her first drama role was in 2003, and she looked adorable. She's been acting ever since then, and she somehow managed to miss the incredibly awkward phase most of us hit. No hideous glasses, no uncontrollable acne, nothing.

PSH_stairway.jpg

7. People all over the world love her

She was just named as the first Korean celebrity to model for Visa in Asia, which is a testament to her worldwide appeal.

park-shin-hye-jpg.jpg

8. Everything she touches is a hit

Park Shin Hye is one of the most sought-after actresses in Korea, and so far, her track record has proven her star power.

Heirs_poster_4.jpg

9. Her co-stars love her

Lee Jong Suk is just one of the top Korean stars who has publicly praised her.

leejongsuk_parkshinhye_1.jpg

10. We can follow her on Instagram!

As of TODAY, she started an Instagram account, which hopefully means we can look forward to behind-the-scenes selcas from her shows! Her username is ssinz7.

PSH_selca.png

What do you like best about Park Shin Hye? What's your favorite of her dramas? Comment below, and make sure to check out Pinocchio.

Kolorful Palette: Island sunset [Pinocchio]

by Fanderay | November 16, 2014

pinocchio_003.jpg~originalpinocchio_003a.jpg

Pinocchio is a drama I actually had my eye on (primarily due to the cast) and although it hasn’t exceeded my expectations just yet, it’s a fun show with likable characters and even some details here and there that I found pleasantly surprising. It has its cliches and flaws, but sometimes those are the dramas I end up enjoying the most, and so far there’s been more than enough charm to keep me happy.

The main things I’ve struggled with so far are the pacing and the overall believability of the premise. The first episode was a total whirlwind that jumped from high school, to quiz show, to heartwarming past, to tragic drama, to childhood romance, to revenge plot… all in what seemed like a matter of minutes. The tone kept changing so quickly that I ended up not getting very emotionally invested in any of the story lines, although I found that started to change pretty quickly in the second episode. It’s really not proper of me to complain in this case since usually my complaint with dramas is that they drag the backstory out over four or more episodes and I’ve lost interest before the real story even begins. It may be better in the long run that Pinocchio got it out of the way, so I’ll reserve judgment.

As far as the premise goes, I’m not fully believing Dal-po’s revenge angle. I don’t care about the plausibility of Pinocchio syndrome since that’s just something that’s been established as existing within this world, and I’m always far more interested in plausibility on an emotional level. No matter how hard I try, I don’t completely buy Dal-po’s extreme hatred for TV over all else. I even agree that the media is far too speculative, but I have a hard time thinking that if I were in his shoes, the media would be my primary focus. His father’s scandal involved four witnesses, which even in a court of law goes far beyond speculation. Why isn’t he pursuing those witnesses, or trying to find out what actually happened to his father? I feel like a desire for the truth would be much stronger than any desire for revenge, especially in Dal-po’s case (he just doesn’t seem like the revengey type). It does look like his brother is following more fruitful leads though, so hopefully their story will become more about that.

Dal-po’s hatred does have its positive aspects though, like how well it creates a contrast between him and In-ha. I absolutely love that she sees television as some wonderful beacon of truth, and it’ll probably create more tension between her and Dal-po than her parentage does. I’m guessing they’re both in for a reality check, and hopefully Dal-po understands the irony of going on a quiz show to do exactly what he thinks TV never does (tell the truth). I’d rather see him become a reporter to change the system than because he wants to take it down.

As far as In-ha’s mother goes, I hope she’s rehabilitated in her approach to journalism rather than having her career destroyed, and I hope it’s In-ha that changes her instead of Dal-po. I think that’s a result that would create more character growth all around, and it’s certainly a lot less dark.

On the surface this show is fairly rote, but there were a few unexpected bits that really made me take notice. For one, In-ha is smart! I feel like every time the male lead is a super smarty-pants in a drama the female lead is a ditz, and has to become successful through sheer willpower and goodness of heart. It’s refreshing to see two characters that really feel like peers both intellectually and emotionally.

I also really like that In-ha didn’t hiccup when asked about liking Dal-po because their backstory completely set her up to be the twitterpated one (and I fell for it). The reveal of Dal-po’s lovey-dovey motivations at the end of Episode 2 was the perfect opposite, and it took the whole tone of their romance somewhere I didn’t expect. I thought he would focus on revenge and deny his feelings for about 10 episodes first. Instead In-ha is the one denying her feelings, but I like that her Pinocchio syndrome accommodates denial and doesn’t reveal the truth to herself when that truth is buried deep (unlike her more transparent desire to defend Dal-po’s cheating).

Thinking back, there really were quite a few little moments I enjoyed, like In-ha freaking out in the ambulance, or Grandpa denying that he went in In-ha’s room. I’m pretty sure he’s faking his confusion at this point because he doesn’t want to lose Dal-po as a son, and if that’s the case then that is SO freaking heartwarming I can hardly stand it.

This show is quite often very pretty, and it’s no surprise that I love that. Some of the island moments gave me Spring Waltz vibes and it’s pretty hard to deny how great that sunset was (which is why I drew it!). I also liked that whole sunset sequence because it revealed that even as teenagers they feel quite close and comfortable together (no matter how much they pretend otherwise). When Dal-po sees In-ha limping they don’t even need to exchange words for him to offer her a piggyback ride, or for her to accept it. Technically it’s probably easier for them that way so they don’t have to admit to caring, but that doesn’t make it any less clear to us that they have each other’s backs.

Speaking of pretty, when I initially checked out a description for Pinocchio it described Dal-po as having “a handsome appearance, but his ugly clothing and hair style hide that fact.” I literally laughed out loud when I read that. I could maybe see mistaking him as a girl at certain angles, but bad hair does not make him look any less modelesque. It hasn’t been made clear either way, but do the other characters on the show really see him as unappealing? Or are there even viewers suffering from his hideous visage? I think they need a much uglier wig for that.

Although high school is always a fun place to be in dramaland, I’m very much looking forward to the reporter world and seeing where this story is really headed. There are so many different trajectories the characters could follow, and what paths they choose will probably ultimately determine how much I like this drama.

There have been tons of new shows lately, and even a couple I have yet to check out. What are everyone’s current faves?

Source:http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/11/kolorful-palette-island-sunset-pinocchio/

Guest bunnybear

kyaaaaa!!!
 \:D/

finally watched the ep2!!
i love it!!, i laughed a lot, giggled, want for more ahhhh! so cute dal-in and in ha :x
when people complain about them wearing uniform, actually i love it, they're so cute as hs students, the back ground story is so nice, and aw.. dalpo loving in ha secretly, i loved that back flash-confession of him in the bus station, and   the so called  forbidden love.
 i love the scene in country side too,so beautiful.

i like also that i can't think what will happen next, so much feels and i'm so excited to see them as reporter and how the story unfold..

shin hye, my bias  i'm so happy for her character here,i laughed so hard with her scenes, so adorable.! i love you pd nim,! >:D<
 even this will turn out to be melodramatic soon, hope that-that blunt speaking witch will be consistent character of her  when she will become a reporter.. 
jong suk ah! dalpo is so adorable character and so much deep, he is really is a good actor, he totally rock that mop hair of him, i find it cute.. :-bd

fighting pinocchio!!
oohh.. so much br to do..

:-h my fellow star angels here and everyone!

Since the drama is just starting, let's spot all the Korean Drama Cliches we love in Pinocchio until Episode 20 :D(I was already able to spot a few from Episode 1 and 2 haha)

16 Korean Drama Cliches You'll Probably Recognize

Watch this Youtube Video to see them in action: 

class="entry-title" style="font-family: ff-market-web-1, ff-market-web-2, Bitter, Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 1.84615384615385em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.3em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); margin: 0px 0px 0.625em; border: none; padding: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; word-spacing: 2px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[DRAMA] 10 TRUTHS ABOUT PINOCCHIO

pinocchio10

“The truth is 10 times more comforting than a lie.”