[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished watching episode 2 with subs. Safe to say, it's more heartbreaking to know the context of what's happening. Like Dao going up to her mom to 'tell her something' and in her thoughts spilling out her concerns, but reverting back to saying nothing. Won't her mom feel like something's up?

Strangely, the biggest question that popped in my mind was: Why doesn't Koi understand Dao's situation of having a strict parent, who probably is yet to understand their relationship? This same question I tried answering by thinking that Koi simply just wants Dao to admit to her feelings first, which evidently then makes Dao the more mature one for thinking of everything as a whole, or that could just be her sheltered child tendencies.

Pretty excited for tonight's episode! ZomZom seems intriguing.

Guest CrypticShan

I think it's because Koi's family are different and more open, you can see that by the way he casually tells Net that she is a lesbian without hesitations. You can't truly understand a person until you're in their shoes. It also doesn't help that they don't talk about  they're problems and still insists on being friends. I don't think Dao is mature for the most part, if she really wants to end things with Koi, she shouldn't try lead her on and explain to her why she can't choose her so she can end it on a good note. Dao is just scared (who wouldn't be?) , but she'll have to face her tendencies eventually when she grows older.  

I think the ending of episode 2 is well done, the parallel scenes were great with the narration. It feels more of a conclusion really, beginning, climax and end. Are the Dao and Koi ship ending? 

I'm excited for episode 3. Even though I won't be able to understand a thing for the live airing. Thanks for the peple who gives recaps in this forum. Much appreciated. :)

I think it's because Koi's family are different and more open, you can see that by the way he casually tells Net that she is a lesbian without hesitations. You can't truly understand a person until you're in their shoes. It also doesn't help that they don't talk about  they're problems and still insists on being friends. I don't think Dao is mature for the most part, if she really wants to end things with Koi, she shouldn't try lead her on and explain to her why she can't choose her so she can end it on a good note. Dao is just scared (who wouldn't be?) , but she'll have to face her tendencies eventually when she grows older.  

Hm. I guess what I'm saying is why doesn't Koi understand that she and Dao are in different situations, family wise. Or maybe she recognizes it (since they got into a relationship under the condition that they don't tell Dao's mom about it), but demands a certain amount of courage from Dao, because she's mostly the person that's been fighting for their relationship since the beginning. I don't know for sure. It's complicated. They went from friends to lovers to friends again. Poor Elle that stuck in between them.

I guess the way Dao executed her apology, and wanting to be back as friends could have been (a lot) more direct to the point. But leaving it the way it is, makes room for a lengthier story for the two. I don't think the ship is ending just yet. There's plenty of room for possibilities, meaning there's still 11 more episodes ahahaha.

Guest Vergara

Ive done watching ep2 and was surprising that Koi was quite open to talk with Net of her tendency and relationship with Dao. But to be honest I'm not into this couple (Dao and Koi). 

For Jane, I used to point out my teacher 's mistakes as well but in differrent behavior and attitude. My teacher corrected then and never talked to us in such way as Ms. (forgot her name) did either. Sure, she is really strict but talking to your student to get back to her country just due to such circumstance is ridiculous, imo. 

I like to think that stories of others gonna be told in the next. Pang, Non vs Boss, and Pala, Pao.... I cant quite imagine what will happen with Oi, Pala and Boss since the trailer or/and preview does not give information much. The others seem to be boring to me up till now.

@indiiea by the way, where do you live? Here, in my country, PH, we also have assessments for our teachers maybe at the middle of the school year or on the near end on which we provide our feedback on how a good/bad the teacher is however, we do not have that enough power to influence that kind of teacher on how he/she can deliver or present discussions in class. Maybe it differs with private schools (I used to be in a public school, by the way) so I don't have that enough knowledge then. 

Where do you study? I'm studying in UP and we have that during the end of the semester

I studied in a public school near my place in HS. We had that every school year but we never felt any changes when the way the teacher teach so I felt it's kinda useless. 

Finished watching episode 2 with subs. Safe to say, it's more heartbreaking to know the context of what's happening. Like Dao going up to her mom to 'tell her something' and in her thoughts spilling out her concerns, but reverting back to saying nothing. Won't her mom feel like something's up?

Strangely, the biggest question that popped in my mind was: Why doesn't Koi understand Dao's situation of having a strict parent, who probably is yet to understand their relationship? This same question I tried answering by thinking that Koi simply just wants Dao to admit to her feelings first, which evidently then makes Dao the more mature one for thinking of everything as a whole, or that could just be her sheltered child tendencies.

Pretty excited for tonight's episode! ZomZom seems intriguing.

You're right. It's really heartbreaking maybe because I can relate to it also. I like that scene with Dao and her mom. It shows so much maturity on Dao's part. Maturity to understand what would be the consequences if she'll say that she's in love with a girl and of the same time it also shows that she's afraid. I totally understand her. As for my part, it took me to graduate in college before I confessed to my mom. :tears:

I think Koi somewhat understands Dao's situation. Maybe she just wanted Dao to tell her true feelings for her and to accept her that she's a lesbian. Obviously, she really wanted more than just a friend for their relationship but she knew Dao is torn between her and her family. That's why she's tired because Dao is trying to suppressed her love for her. 

I don't think Dao is mature for the most part, if she really wants to end things with Koi, she shouldn't try lead her on and explain to her why she can't choose her so she can end it on a good note. Dao is just scared (who wouldn't be?) , but she'll have to face her tendencies eventually when she grows older.  

Dao for me is mature when it comes to thinking about the consequences of her actions. From that shower scene to the scene where she's talking to her mother. 

When Dao decided to talk to Koi in the rooftop, she already gave a hint to Koi that she can't choose her by letting her know she don't want her to get hurt and she can only offer her friendship. It's indirect but a decent way of rejecting Koi. 

In the shower scene, she slip for a moment but realized she should have not lead Koi to a wrong perception that she still wants them to be more than just a friend. So she apologized and said she should have not done it but Koi got disappointed. 

But I really hope Dao-Koi ship will not sink. I want them to end up being together at least. :tears:

Just finished watching ep 2 .. OK I dont like this going .. Koi giving up .. I see my ship sinking .. But i hope koi soon understand that she really like dao but the problem is Dao has already said that she cant be with koi no mather how she wants.. so i am in doubt that this is going to end up like phu thee good friends as the end but i dont want that i want dao to come out and fight for her happiness.. btw ..i really hope the first gen atleast do a cameo .. i certainly like to see phu thee kwan sprite phai and win (if possible) as i was seeing Phu's house..

And i hate first .. like really dude you can not just use a girl's best friend to know more information about the girl.. and how dare he ask Oil to not accompany them in bowling? i mean wasnt oil the girl who ask First to come with them????????? 

And the more i see boss i really like him .. he is serious and he is very very diligent i must say. Phao i didnt find interesting because for me he will be a brat who rats out his brother to their mom.. I like pala i thik there is some kind of revel feel to him.. I am to excited to see more about zomzom and mai? (is that her name?) but i am sad that they dont showing us enough jane as why is she here in thailand? is she for Win? then why not she is searching him up? (LOL if thats why i could see peach again LOL)  

Ive done watching ep2 and was surprising that Koi was quite open to talk with Net of her tendency and relationship with Dao. But to be honest I'm not into this couple (Dao and Koi). 

For Jane, I used to point out my teacher 's mistakes as well but in differrent behavior and attitude. My teacher corrected then and never talked to us in such way as Ms. (forgot her name) did either. Sure, she is really strict but talking to your student to get back to her country just due to such circumstance is ridiculous, imo. 

I like to think that stories of others gonna be told in the next. Pang, Non vs Boss, and Pala, Pao.... I cant quite imagine what will happen with Oi, Pala and Boss since the trailer or/and preview does not give information much. The others seem to be boring to me up till now.

It's not surprising seeing how she reacted to the buzz "Koi and Dao are lovers" in season 2. While Dao enraged, Koi was so chilling.

Those who ship KoiNet think Dao's annoying, a coward who dared not to stand up for her love/an hesitating girl. But, from another view, she wasn't undecided, she decided to chose her mom over Koi and herself. It was discussed that Dao wasn't wrong for choosing her mom's happiness, however, was the happiness that based on a lie/ another party's suffering a true happiness? What would you do if you're in Dao's shoes?

Lol. In fact, "Get out of Thailand" is a common backlash. During the political clash before the coup d'etat, each side recited they would like eradicate the other from the country.

I like how the series raises discussion on social issues. There was a discussion on "democracy and popularism" after ep.1. There was a discussion on "social perception and acceptance of homosexuality" in ep.2. the story written to debunk the misunderstanding that lesbians have bad relationship with fathers. Dao said "It just happened, I didn't choose." and that message underlined by how Koi was in very good term with her father. It also stood against the common belief that a child with separating parents must be unhappy, a complete family must compose of both father and mother.

I watched the episode yesterday, I reallly liked it.

I think Koi and Dao will end up together, as soon as Dao is able to confront her mum about her feelings. I felt so sorry for both Dao and Koi. From one side, Koi just wants to be loved for who she is and she deserves it. She knows that Dao loves her back, but she keeps getting rejected. The scene at the beginning, when Koi walks away after having accepted to be friends again with Dao, reminded me of the scene from last season, when Koi was walking away, and Dao stopped her by hugging her from behind. 

And poor Dao. I thought the problems with her mother were solved during last season, but I guess I was too naive. Her mom started to understand her better, but they still can't have an open conversation. Dao has been kept in the "cage" all her life, it's hard now to get out of it. I can understand how she feels. She loves Koi, but she also has  other people in her life who matter, like her mum, and she just can't take that one step forward to the one she loves. During last season, she was barely okay with having a secret relationship, but she saw how hurt they both were at the end of it. So now she ended up giving Koi a little bit of hope, just to eventually let her down again. In the end they both suffer. The last scene was quite emotional. 

I don't dislike Net's character, though. He's honest and caring. I  just feel a bit sorry for him, given that he loves Koi, and I'm quite sure she won't return his feelings in the end. She agreed to go out with him only because she was hurt, and tired of not being accepted for who she is. 

About Oil and First, I already knew that he was gonna ask for her number just to make her help him with Kanompang, but it was still a bit heartbreaking to see Oil so happy and then so hurt. 

Guest CrypticShan

I'm new here so I don't know how to quote stuff just yet from your replies. I'm a grandma. :( 

I think Koi knows about the situation, she just wants thing to be cleared out, not brushed under a rug. Remember, after that shower scene, she said that she felt bad to Net? She knows that she is hurting Dao because of wanting more from her but she can't help it. I agree that Koi just wants to be accepted so I felt bad for her. I never really got her point of view until this season. A line from her struck me.. "You never take me as I am" That kind of goes for all relationships doesn't it? 

It's not like I feel that Dao is a coward, I appreciate what she did and understand her decision...from a teen's point of view. But when she gets older, I hope she realizes that you can't place other's happiness before your own, regardless if they are your parents. If not with Koi, these things will keep happening, crossroads where she has to choose between people who are important to her. You can't please everybody. It may sound heroic or martyr if you're a bit young, but it's just not. Was I a bit harsh? :( If they have a lengthy talk about it instead of subtle hints, they'll figure it out. But for the sake of the story line, they are prolonging the problem more than it should be. Not that I'm complaining. :) 

Boss and Oil are the characters that I am most intrigued about this season. Their characters were well portrayed, especially Oil. I really want to know why she grew up like that. 

It's not like I feel that Dao is a coward, I appreciate what she did and understand her decision...from a teen's point of view. But when she gets older, I hope she realizes that you can't place other's happiness before your own, regardless if they are your parents. If not with Koi, these things will keep happening, crossroads where she has to choose between people who are important to her. You can't please everybody. It may sound heroic or martyr if you're a bit young, but it's just not. Was I a bit harsh? :( If they have a lengthy talk about it instead of subtle hints, they'll figure it out. But for the sake of the story line, they are prolonging the problem more than it should be. Not that I'm complaining. :) 

Boss and Oil are the characters that I am most intrigued about this season. Their characters were well portrayed, especially Oil. I really want to know why she grew up like that. 

If we will look at it on a realistic way, what Dao did (not choosing her happiness) was the correct choice. She can't stand on her own yet. She's too young to go against her family but there's still hope for her. If she'll be open to her mom and make her understand what she really feels. I've been through that stage. When I was still young, I also tried not to be in a relationship because my mom doesn't know I'm a lesbian and said to myself that I'll come out if I can already stand on my own. 

Once Dao feels it's the right time, she can eventually come out. What I really like with Dao if we will compare her to Phu is that,she's not confused. We know she loves Koi so much but she's just torn between the two girls she loves the most and being young and dependent, I think it's a good way to choose your family first. Once she gets older, once she can stand and make firm decisions, she can be free from that cage. 

Koi is a lesbian, that's for sure but I don't like her way of getting rebound guys just to ease her pain. :angry:

As for Oil, we already have an idea about what leads her to that kind of personality. She needs attention because she didn't get that from her family. 

It's not surprising seeing how she reacted to the buzz "Koi and Dao are lovers" in season 2. While Dao enraged, Koi was so chilling.

Those who ship KoiNet think Dao's annoying, a coward who dared not to stand up for her love/an hesitating girl. But, from another view, she wasn't undecided, she decided to chose her mom over Koi and herself. It was discussed that Dao wasn't wrong for choosing her mom's happiness, however, was the happiness that based on a lie/ another party's suffering a true happiness? What would you do if you're in Dao's shoes?

Lol. In fact, "Get out of Thailand" is a common backlash. During the political clash before the coup d'etat, each side recited they would like eradicate the other from the country.

I like how the series raises discussion on social issues. There was a discussion on "democracy and popularism" after ep.1. There was a discussion on "social perception and acceptance of homosexuality" in ep.2. the story written to debunk the misunderstanding that lesbians have bad relationship with fathers. Dao said "It just happened, I didn't choose." and that message underlined by how Koi was in very good term with her father. It also stood against the common belief that a child with separating parents must be unhappy, a complete family must compose of both father and mother.

Dao's decision is a timely and right decision for me if I'll look at it on a realistic way. If I were on her shoes, I would have done the same thing because I'm still dependent to my mother on that age. Either way, if ever I'll choose Koi, there is no assurance that I'll be happy knowing my mother is also suffering but what I'll do that Dao didn't do is to tell my mother what I'm really am. And telling her that I choose her over Koi. Maybe trying out and shedding some light to her might make her understand me. 

This kind of thing is not only happening in Thailand. It's a common thing. It's really hard for other people to accept homosexuality. I didn't know there is a misunderstanding about lesbians having bad relationship with their fathers because I, myself is to close to my father and also my lesbian friends. I think male gays are not close to their fathers but close to their mothers. Lesbians tend to be close to the father most because of one common thing--"girls" :lol:

If we will look at it on a realistic way, what Dao did (not choosing her happiness) was the correct choice. She can't stand on her own yet. She's too young to go against her family but there's still hope for her. If she'll be open to her mom and make her understand what she really feels. I've been through that stage. When I was still young, I also tried not to be in a relationship because my mom doesn't know I'm a lesbian and said to myself that I'll come out if I can already stand on my own. 

Once Dao feels it's the right time, she can eventually come out. What I really like with Dao if we will compare her to Phu is that,she's not confused. We know she loves Koi so much but she's just torn between the two girls she loves the most and being young and dependent, I think it's a good way to choose your family first. Once she gets older, once she can stand and make firm decisions, she can be free from that cage. 

Koi is a lesbian, that's for sure but I don't like her way of getting rebound guys just to ease her pain. :angry:

As for Oil, we already have an idea about what leads her to that kind of personality. She needs attention because she didn't get that from her family. 

I think that more than the "correct" choice, it's a very understandable one.  She's not to blame if she's not ready to be in a relationship with Koi, because she thinks that if she does, she'll hurt her mother.

And I don't think Koi is to blame either. She's in a situation where the girl she loves is rejecting her because she's a girl, and at the same time a very sweet guy treats her so well, and is not afraid to be with her, or is conflicted about it. She just wants to love and be loved.

They're both so fragile and react in different ways. Dao closes herself to both Koi and her mum (in fact, she's not able to talk to her freely, even if she tries) and Koi tries to be with someone who treats her nicely, without complications.  

I think that more than the "correct" choice, it's a very understandable one.  She's not to blame if she's not ready to be in a relationship with Koi, because she thinks that if she does, she'll hurt her mother.

And I don't think Koi is to blame either. She's in a situation where the girl she loves is rejecting her because she's a girl, and at the same time a very sweet guy treats her so well, and is not afraid to be with her, or is conflicted about it. She just wants to love and be loved.

They're both so fragile and react in different ways. Dao closes herself to both Koi and her mum (in fact, she's not able to talk to her freely, even if she tries) and Koi tries to be with someone who treats her nicely, without complications.  

No one's to blame. They made their decisions according to what they feel is right at the moment. I just don't like Koi trying to look for love from a guy when she totally knew herself that she likes girls. She might end up getting the guy hurt too. I don't have anything against Net but he's also a smart guy. He's using Koi's weakness and current situation to get into the picture. I would really appreciate Net if he offer himself to Koi as a friend while Koi is trying to move on. 

Koi and Net's relationship is a rush one just like what Koi and Nut did last season and we knew what happened. The more people involve, the more people who will get hurt. 

Guest CrypticShan

Thanks to redblueyellow and yuffey. I think I understand where you're coming from. I think you're both right. :) Dao's decision was completely understandable because of her dependency with her mom and Koi is definitely not to blame too for her actions with Net. Net wanted it too despite knowing the circumstances (Koi saying that she doesn't think she can like guys that way). He's character is molded well, Is it the director's choice so people will join eagerly for the Koi and Net ship? I think he has a chance though, Koi dreamt about Net even without Net implying that he liked her. 

I guess I just wanted Dao to get over her issues with her mom and not to depend on her mom too much, but it maybe really different with Asian parents. I'm thought more of being independent and making my own decisions at an early age. My parents are people too, and they realize that they don't have all the answers for me. That whatever may come, I'd still be loved. So I get to have insight with strict asian parents now, that's a bit tough love parenting. :) I kind of understand now, thanks guys. Episode 3 is about to be aired, I'm getting excited. 

I'm watching Earth right now (See Scape 1 vocalist). I don't know what is this show. hahaha

I'm old, so I was taking a short nap before the episode started. Was not sure when I woke up if this was real or some sort of weird dream. :lol:

hahaha. They were doing some challenges. I enjoyed it a little even if I don't understand a single word their saying. 

EP.3 "Adrenaline" Recap (Spoilers Obviously)

(Note: I forgot to learn the names of Zomzom's friends, so this could get confusing if they aren't addressed clearly enough in the episode. Sorry.)

Zomzom is at home waiting (for her mom to arrive). She arrives at the door. They embrace. "Mom!" "Did you miss me?" "Yes, and you?" "So I did!"

"Uncle John" is already at their house, too, for drinks.

They exchange pleasantries.

Mom asked about school. ZZ tells the story about the motorcycle on the first day. ZZ says she uses the motorcycle because she likes speed.

Zomzom suggests going to a movie: Mom, Dad, her. Mom says OK. She texts Dad about it. Dad seems OK. They're laughing, smiling.

The three of them go out for food at Central World. The conversation is a bit nonsense, with Zomzom suggesting that riding a motorcycle is exercise, etc.

Uncle John comes. The conversation is still light.

Zomzom asks Mom to stay overnight, but she's not free to. Mom will be going to DC (I think).

Zomzom watches John and Dad exchange some food at the table. She starts to wonder.

In the car going back home, Dad says Uncle John will move to Thailand at the end of the month. He and his daughter will move in with Dad and ZZ. Dad says it'll be good to share the rent, given the spare room. His daughter is near ZZ's age. Zomzom asks why Dad didn't tell her yet, it's just in a few weeks! ZZ says this is such short notice, even though they all know each other.

Net and Koi are doing homework and flirting/teasing. Koi notices the Dao-Koi (star--pinky finger/making up finger) thing in her book (from S02E13). Then she looks at Net. Net: "How do you do this one [this question]?" Koi then goes for a little kiss. Net is startled. He pats her hair. She appears awkward.

Dao is drawing two girls (holding hands or not? -- depends on which version). She is writing something "Untitled" which becomes "About Koi."

John arrives at ZZ's house. They start speaking English. "Welcome!" (In Thai)

Mali comes in. Dad: "You're Mali, right? So cute!"

John tells Mali to speak clearly to Zomzom and try to speak Thai.

Mali: "Hello, older sister."

ZZ just can't hold in her concern and question. She says directly and aggressively, "Dad, what's the story with you and Uncle John?"

Mali doesn't understand enough Thai. She asks, "Did I say something wrong?"

Uncle John starts to answer. Dad says, "Is it appropriate?" John then says straight out that Uncle John and Dad love each other.

ZZ is furious. She retorts, "You said you loved Mom!" She walks out.

Archived