[Drama 2014-2015] Cheongdam-dong Scandal 청담동 스캔들 Thanks for watching.

Ldy Gmerm

Have a safe and Happy New Years to those of you in the States waiting to count down to 2015.. To those of you that have already hit the New Year Mark HAPPY NEW Year and I hope you have an awesome day..

Thank you all for hanging out with me with this drama... as we go into the last episode.. I feel a bit of sadness to see such a great drama end...

KBH has come to her end and I hope she dies in jail for what she has done.. lets hope the writer gives HS children with JSJ I want to see that romance and happily ever after.

See you guys in 2015 for more spazzing out and drama watching..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LdyGmerm,  I think maybe someone took my advice and hit that witch in the head they didn't kill her but knock her blind.. I still don;t think she should be allowed to have the memories of having Hs as a daughter..  I think she should be put her in the same cell as BkH they so deserve each other company one loves her with a passion while the other hates her with a passion.. They can balance one abother out 

Hello all :)
I've watched till ep 117 where WSJ was hit by the bike to save HS. Thanks @Ldy_Gmerm for recaps. Thanks @aidaladida for that vid of uri pretty and sexy lead actress EHS.
OMG such a great drama but what did writernim do towards the end to a woman who is a kidnapper? who robbed both HS and CSR of each other's lives and growing up years for 30 over years? Writernim made WSJ into a victim now, and what? blind? so HS will have to tend to her for the rest of her life? or worse forced to live with her? ANDWAEYO! This should not be it. Please don't make WSJ blind and don't make her an invalid needing care! Make her well and let her go on her own way, far away, writernim!
KBH deserves her downfall!
Happy New Year everyone! Have a Happy & Healthy New Year :)
343.gif

I just loved yesterday episode with the scene of our #1 villain BkH called Hs and was talking all that mess only to end up with one of HS menus.. She even made herself more guilty in the interrogation shock at what she had received just to think she was willing to hurt or kill to get it SMH 
Today is the last day of our AWESOME drama..  :(( :((

I can't believe Cheongdamdong Scandal is over, I'm going to miss this drama! :(

@Ldy Gmerm I'm not a big fan of this last episode either. I actually have no issue with HS ending alone. Her relationship with SJ was always presented as a friendship that evolved into a one-sided love for SJ. Sure, it would have been nice for the two of them to end up together and make a lot of pretty babies, but it wouldn't have matched the story told in the 118 previous episodes.

My problem is with the way all the baddies got their redemption, KBH excepted. It felt like all the stuff they pulled was forgiven because what KBH did was worse in the end. :-w
What SH did? All because of his mom, apparently. Cause him trying to have her inseminated with someone else's seed, that was KBH's plan so he can be forgiven? And cheating on HS his whole married life, that probably was because of childhood issues caused by his mom? SH was HS's husband, he was the only person in the whole drama who previously did a ceremony during which he promised to be honest and promised protect her until death do them part. And he broke both those promises. So it doesn't matter if he helped HS take the company away from KBH in the end, he shouldn't be in a position  to smile and have walks with HS in the end.
What JYI did? It was KBH's plan and she was just a pawn, so she's forgiven too and everyone like her too?
What about NJN and all she did? She was honest with HS one time (and because she felt her inheritance might be taken JYI and KBH) and that was the end of it? Now she looks like she was brainwashed and became a decent human being, it seems all very sudden to me...
And let's not forget WSJ. First: she became blind, really? :-w  I have nothing against blindness as a drama trope, it can be very well done (I'm thinking about a 2011 sageuk here). But here it was not well done. It only appears to be an awkward way to keep WSJ alive and seemingly forgiven. The fact that she raised HS with love and saved her life doesn't absolve her. She's a kidnapper who stole a baby from her mother, and she should have to pay for this. I don't care about the statute of limitation for kidnappings in South Korea, WSJ lived under a false name all those years and she clearly looks like she had some clandestine Botox surgery done, surely there has to be some law that can put her in jail for a few years? Or a better bike of doom available? Let's not forget that she didn't like like a saint all those years, she even went along with KBH's plan to make CSR hate HS not too long ago.

On the opposite, I loved KBH's ending. Her personality was consistent during the whole drama. Even in jail, she gets into fights because of the way she looks down on the other inmates. And she still plans to take back her company, by telling SH to get back together with HS, since it's the best way to do that.  :))
And even after leaving jail, she doesn't change at all, she may be homeless, but she's as smug and hilarious as she was before. The epilogue really took me by surprise I have to say, I didn't see THAT coming. :D It was really weird, but in a funny way, it gave me Fantasy Couple vibes, KBH looked exactly like Anna.

Anyway, the last episode might have disappointed me, but the drama certainly did not! I did not have a lot of expectations for it, so it was a really good surprise.

They say every good story needs a good villain, and we had a GREAT villain in this one. Not an abusive MIL who goes around slapping and pouring water on her son's girlfriend like in every other daily, but a smart MIL who uses her brain, her fake smile and the stupid people around her to get what she wants.
KBH was so awesomely evil (or evilly awesome?), she made this drama always entertaining between her crazy plots, her stares at the window and her smug attitude ("So what?" :D ). I laughed so hard when she called HS in episode 118 to gloat and ask HS how her and her "criminal mom" were doing after that awful bike accident. :)) And when HS didn't answer her in a polite tone, KBH got offended and started saying that this is why she doesn't associate with lowly people, they have no manners. ^:):))  ^:)^

HS was a great lead, strong enough to make it through this drama without crying the whole way. She was not an useless doormat who took in everything that was done to her. She knew how to fight back, and in the end she got her revenge. I have some issues with the way she forgave NJN and SH so easily, but since they acted like decent people after she forgave them, I guess I can let it go. ('m so tired of second lead being forgiven only to pull the same richard simmons a few episodes later, I'm glad it didn't happen here.

My favorite character was without a doubt LJN. (LJN !!! \o/)
She had a very interesting character development. She started as a probably evil character, then started to look like a nice person even though she was helping KBH with the birth control scheme. And when we were wondering whether she would become a Jedi or a Sith, she made the right choice, sided with HS and became the best double agent in the history of daily dramas double agents. =D>
She got the ending she deserved: a KH-looking guy without the family issues KH had (or so we can hope), and all of KBH's money. Congratulations LJN, you were awesome!  ^:)^

I'm not forgetting SA, NJN's friend who had the best cameo appearances. :D They should do a spin-off drama about her, I would totally watch it. :D

I will miss this drama. Thanks to everyone who watched it together with me, I had a lot of fun on this thread and on the chat. :)
Happy New Year to all of you, and see you around on Soompi!
I have yet to find another daily that captivates me, but I'm sure it won't be long before I stumble on one and start joining another thread. :)

My biggest thing with the end....which i suspected they might do is no hs/jsj pairing...but then again i think about more of the other 100 plus episodes in comparison...jsj was the only one who had a thing. Hs kept treating him like an older brother. The writer in the end made sh/hs odd because you seen turn people who used to love another be destroyed by his mother...found themselves again...
Generally they don't do opened ending garbasge unless there is some kind no-no or controversial topic to resolve....everything kimchi anybody?

Guest atomickitty

I agree with you @valsava, this was the best daily drama of 2014 even if the ending left most of going. huhhhh??My main issue with it was the blindness = forgiveness of WSJ. Yes, I am morbid but I would much rather she died and be forgiven post humorously, like they always do! 
@aidaladida, the actress who plays HS looked pretty in pink while receiving her award. I'm so glad she won for that character.. maybe this will inspire other daily drama writers to stop writing these doormat characters. I don't mind if they are naive (AT FIRST) to their husbands cheating or whatever crap happens to them.. but when they stand around and let themselves be slapped or abused, that's when I get really annoyed at them.. like.. have some respect for yourself man! Don't let people treat you that way. 
Which is probably why you might have a hard time finding a daily @mudaepo. A lot of the female leads in the daily dramas out now are the 'stand and get slapped around' kinds. Although it looks like next week the one from Stormy will finally be getting a backbone of steel inserted. And the Jang Mi rose girl has a little more fiest than the rest...still a bit naive to her ex MILs evil, but that's probably going to get washed off her soon. So those are the two I would suggest you look at first.. Stormy Woman or Run, Jang Mi.
This was a great drama and I'll miss it. Thanks you all for your thoughts, recaps, translations. I'm sure I'll see you all again on other threads... 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am just starting this drama. Because everyone here raved about it and I can't find anything decent at the moment. So am going to do the lonely long road and hang with this even though I know the ending! Let me thank the folks who did all the translated and recapped episodes here...ahead of time since am likely to go back to page one!!!! Thank you

@zaabu.. lol welcome to the drama and the thread..
As you can see there are still those that rove around in this thread. I am one so if you need someone to spaz out about this drama no matter what episode your are on we are here.. The road is never lonely and since this was a favorite of a lot of us on soompi we will be happy to go back and enjoy it again with you..

Ldy Gmerm said: @zaabu.. lol welcome to the drama and the thread..
As you can see there are still those that rove around in this thread. I am one so if you need someone to spaz out about this drama no matter what episode your are on we are here.. The road is never lonely and since this was a favorite of a lot of us on soompi we will be happy to go back and enjoy it again with you..

Awesome. Fam and I are going to marathon a few episodes tomorrow. Can't wait! And I am so glad to have you as companions @valsava, and @Ldy Gmerm,. Am in great company!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived