[Drama 2014] Hi! School: Love On (하이스쿨 - 러브온) KBS

irilight

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching 2nd time the 19 ep! I loved it!

SB disappeared bcs the Evil Sunbae Angel got scared that she will be hit by the car and took her! And now she is searching a way to come back and to be released from him!

Definitely she will find the Way to be together with WH!

The toast I think will be the last thing that we will see from this wonderful series!

Love these kids!!

Anyone else besides me doing a marathon of episodes 1-19 before the finale?

I have watch episode 1. But after that I just watch episode 19, not episode 2 :)) I think I will do marathon watch all HSLO episodes after HSLO end.

I have watch episode 19 with eng sub. Glad to see Jaesuk have turn to a good person. Actually, what is Jaesuk problem? He have said I'm afraid to be alone. What is his mean? Am I left something? I love all scene at ice skating park. Seem they have a great time there.

WH and SR have so much skinship. The scene Woohyun naturally touch SR's neck. I'm screaming in my heart. I almost jumping from my bed when I see their skinship haha :))

The last part. I'm crying. It is so heartbreaking. :( The way WH's upset like he lost his soul. WH is so amazing making the scene. Missing SB is mysterious...

Next week is HSLO final episode :((

And KBS, why don't you release video that related to HSLO? Like BTS and omitted scene? :-w

Guest rohma13

Anyone else besides me doing a marathon of episodes 1-19 before the finale?

Me me me I am watching marathon 1 to 19 hahaha am on 13 episode hahahahhahaha

I just loveeeee them so muchhh

I miss miss gong :( n the nurse teacher too :D

Guest little girl

@fleurofjasmine rather than season 2,I want they be paired in another drama :P (in my imagination :( ) or maybe Jung Yoo Min-Baek Seung Hoon ?  :x 
Next friday....please come faster.I want to watch the finale eps.Getting more curious what will happen to WH&SB :-SI bet scene on 2016 gonna takes about 25/30 minutes.That good I think :>
The most important,I hope WH&SB scene are not too little ^:)^

little girl said: @fleurofjasmine rather than season 2,I want they be paired in another drama :P (in my imagination :( ) or maybe Jung Yoo Min-Baek Seung Hoon ?  :x 
Next friday....please come faster.I want to watch the finale eps.Getting more curious what will happen to WH&SB :-SI bet scene on 2016 gonna takes about 25/30 minutes.That good I think :>
The most important,I hope WH&SB scene are not too little ^:)^

@"little girl"‌ oh..season 2?? It could be..maybe they should change title from

hi! school love on

to

university love on

because they all already at university at 2016

:D

=))

@fleurofjasmine‌

You read my mind :)) I also want Woohyun's OST. Cover song is not bad too ;)

Guest little girl

@fleurofjasmine hahahaha.Honestly,it seems awkward for me to watch SR in upcoming dramas/films with her doing romantic scene with other male actors/idols  b-( .Same with WH too.but,still I give support for them  <:-P 

Javabeans from Dramabeans already made a year-end drama review (part I). One of drama she reviewed is HSLO!!

High School: Love On

yer14_loveon2.jpg

Oh my gahhh, how is this drama still airing? When High School: Love On first hit the air, I was skeptical of its format—once a week, Friday nights, for twenty episodes—because it felt like a last resort that nobody was really happy with. (It was initially planned to be a standard prime-time drama, then got shuffled around, even considering daytime slots, before KBS created the Friday slot.)

I could complain that this format killed interest in the show before it even had a chance—and how the constant pre-emptions torpedoed any momentum that might be building despite it—but to be honest, my indignation has a limit because the show itself lacks oomph. I really, really wanted this drama to do well, for several reasons: to overcome its scheduling obstacle and prove that quality could win out; because Kim Sae-ron is an adorable and talented budding star; because it would set a precedent for “younger” shows getting bigger budgets and serious production attention, rather than being relegated to low-budget affairs; and because, most of all, the idea is great, creating an interesting paranormal world with an intricate set of rules.

Ultimately, however, it’s a show that’s better in concept than execution. It’s been an easy watch despite the many flaws, but because the world is so interesting, I’m constantly plagued by disappointment over what could have been. The acting is the most visible weak link, and even having Kim Sae-ron in the cast isn’t a guaranteed win; while she is by far the best actor of the bunch, she’s actually surprised me by being simpler and less nuanced than I’d expected, given her dramatic chops. She plays her fallen-reaper-turned-high-schooler heroine with a cheerful radiance, but her newness to human ways sometimes plays off as dimwittedness rather than quirkiness. The idol leads—Woo-hyun and Seung-yeol, both of Infinite—are a bigger gaping hole, and their stilted performances keep this drama in Saved By the Bell territory rather than Monstar, which gives us an example of a high school drama that didn’t feel juvenile and whose fresh-faced cast held their own.

The acting isn’t the only problem, however, since the drama suffers from a tonal clash between dramatic extremes—sometimes it’s adorable and sweet, and at other times the characters react with makjang levels of emotion to simple conflicts. It’s jarring and clumsy, made all the more noticeable because the look of the drama is so polished and smooth, while the content remains rough around the edges. It’s frustrating, because I remain intrigued in the question at the center of the show—will she turn human or have to return to being an eternal reaper?—and the steady evolution of the rules in the reapers’ circle hints at a well-thought-out mythology… but the expression of those ideas has been clunky, to say the least. Maybe this is what they invented fanfic for.

complete article: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/12/omg-is-it-that-time-of-year-already-year-in-review-part-1/

my thought:

Hmm..review from JB about HSLO is not quite good. But I understand her. HSLO flaws which mentioned by JB also my complain about HSLO. However..what I love about HSLO and what made me (and us in this thread, I believe) is, the OTP chemistry!! WH and KSR is so great at chemistry department..every OTP scenes are flawless and perfect :). I agree if WH and SY's acting is still far from great but they have revealed to us that they improved.

Agree with JB..the format airing (once a week with multiple preemption) was the one big factor hslo was left by its viewers. Actually few days ago I revisited a few earlier pages hslo soompi thread. And I realized previously this thread was quite busy (I mean many online and leave a comment in hslo thread) but after multiple preemption this thread begin quiet.. :( Although actually I also begin quite active in this thread after episode 10..hslo is the first drama which could make me open a soompi account and leave a comment in drama thread :)

Guest little girl

Ha! Because of this drama I more active at this thread.I open soompi account on February 2013 because of 2 variety shows 'The Romantic Idol' if you guys ever heard.But,I only leave 2 comments at that thread.And,1/2 comments at 'YongSeo Couple Thread 2' .Now,I often open this thread.
This drama makes me crazy  ~X( 

fleurofjasmine

said:

However..what I love about HSLO and what made me (and us in this thread, I believe) is, the OTP chemistry!! WH and KSR is so great at chemistry department..every OTP scenes are flawless and perfect :)

This ep lt all mix with happy and sad at the end I really love this drama I found that I can watch this drama on and on all the time never got bored their chemistry all the best it likes we watch them in real life and hope last ep get them reunion and not just a short period I hope the writer give us more scene with them at the end next week for us to say farewell to our couple and drama and all my friend here it nice to be part of this thread and hope to be happy ending next week.

AdelaM

said: I'm watching 2nd time the 19 ep! I loved it! SB disappeared bcs the Evil Sunbae Angel got scared that she will be hit by the car and took her! And now she is searching a way to come back and to be released from him! Definitely she will find the Way to be together with WH! The toast I think will be the last thing that we will see from this wonderful series! Love these kids!!

Archived