What is love?

Guest jolive213

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HERMIT

^

That's cool - love being a verb.

I can think of a whole lot of other fun verbs that go along with it.

Guest termus123

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This is love, good luck with that, hence why everyone says love is dead.

Guest jolive213

termus123 said: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This is love, good luck with that, hence why everyone says love is dead.

Guest roastedmilktea

Love is various biological pathways inducing the release of hormones including testosterone, estrogen, dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, vasopressin, & oxytocin.

^ I find the above explanation too vague since the intake of various drugs can also induce a good feeling, but it is not love. 

Guest johnpatric

Love is a strong liking for someone. It's a strong passionate affection for another person. That is one way of seeing it and then the bible says that love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things. I think in my life the bible definition of love says it all!

Guest cristolephe

For the sake of making a joke, I'm gonna say love is a four letter English word. I hope we can agree.
And I think love is treating another person with kindness, respect, and patience even if you don't feel like it.

Guest brianroxxx

Love in my perspective is a strong attraction toward a person through strong emotions. Often creating positive aspects such as friendships and relationships as well as the negative such as jealousy and hate. 

Guest atypicalgirl

Love is feeling comfortable and enjoying their presence even when words aren't exchanged
Love is feeling secure and being able to trust the other person and knowing that they won't abandon you Love is not being afraid to show how much you care for the other person and not being afraid of the consequence of being yourselfLove is being patient and respecting each other's differences
Love is being brave enough to offer sincere feedback to the other person in order to guide them to the right path
Love is when you think you are mad at the person, but they do something to make you laugh, and you can't help but smile and forgive them. :P 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jolive213

johnpatric said: Love is a strong liking for someone. It's a strong passionate affection for another person. That is one way of seeing it and then the bible says that love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things. I think in my life the bible definition of love says it all!

Guest RoseS

WHAT IS LOVE? LOVE....does not have "exactly"....ANSWER! It is DEPEND on.....because...HAPPY LOVE....SAD LOVE...

Not sure....maybe it's the feeling of wanting to put someone else's happiness above your own? Maybe love is wanting to be selfless for a moment in a very selfish world? Maybe love is allowing your insecurities and flaws to be viewed in hopes that instead of being scrutinized, those same qualities are accepted? Maybe love is the optimism that puts a little spring into our steps and allows us to think outside of the box? Maybe love is the strength to handle our fears no matter how difficult? 
Or maybe... it is a word that is thrown around too casually without any meaning. There is no way to define love by using language as a restriction. Love is in our actions and not in our words. 

Guest skincaretips

Playing candy crush saga.... I'll have to wake up with in 6 hours....Still playing on next level... I'll have to wake up with in 5 hours....Still playing on next level... I'll have to wake up with in 4 hours........It is love.... only gamer can feel it.... 

Archived