Seo Young-Ju 서영주 Seo Young-Joo

irilight

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

CNBLUE's Jonghyun, Seo Young Joo, & Yeo Hwe Hyun confirmed as male leads for 'Lingerie Girls' Generation'

Jonghyun-Jonghyun.jpg

Upcoming KBS2 youth drama 'Lingerie Girls' Generation' has confirmed 3 members of its lead male cast!

CNBLUE's Jonghyun, who was previously in talks to star in the production, has now been confirmed. Actors Seo Young Joo and Yeo Hwe Hyun will also be joining Jonghyun, and the 3 will be working with the recently cast female leads including Dohee, Wassup's Sujin, Cosmic Girls's Bona, Chae Seo Jin, and more. 

Jonghyun will play Joo Young Choon, whose family owns a pharmacy and who feels very responsible for his younger sister. Seo Young Joo will play Bae Dong Moon, a childhood friend who has eyes only for Jung Hee (played by Bona). Finally, Yeo Hwe Hyun will play Son Jin, a popular #1 ranking student in Daegu. 

'Lingerie Girls' Generation' is set to air after 'School 2017' this coming September 11! 

source

• 3 weeks later...

[New Movie] "Dong-hwa" Tells the Tale of a Village and the Struggles of Its People

photo1007131.jpg

Added the upcoming Korean movie "Dong-hwa"'s page to HanCinema database

"Dong-hwa" (2017)

Directed by Son Il-seong

With Seo Young-joo, Han Bo-bae, Lee Chan-hee, Kwon Cheol,...

Synopsis
In a small country village, Dong-hwa dreams of being a priest like his father. One day, Eun-jeong moves into the village with a secret and Dong-hwa feels attracted to her. 

Eun-jeong's step-father Jang-ho comes down to the village to push the development of the village. Dong-hwa's father Jin-suk won't let that happen. Joon-sang, Dong-hwa's best friend leaves the village because of the development. 

Dong-hwa feels the situation is quite serious and goes to see Eun-jeong, but he sees her being raped...

Release date in Korea : 2018/10/25

Source

• 4 weeks later...

DONG-HWA

Directed by Son Il-Seong 
Narrative Feature
South Korea | 84 min | 2017

dong-hwa-movie-poster.jpg

In a small town in the countryside of South Korea, Donghwa, the Reverend’s son, aspires to follow in his father’s footsteps. One day, he meets Eun-jeong, a transfer student who seems to hide a secret, and as they start to know each other, his feelings towards her grow little by little. Eun-jeong’s stepfather Jang-ho works to push redevelopment in town, while Donghwa’s father Jin-seok actively seeks to stop it.

Also, Donghwa’s best friend Jun-sang, victim of this redevelopment strategy, has to leave. Eun-jeong’s mother, despite knowing her daughter’s secret, remains silent, bound as she is to her need for money. In the center of it all, Donghwa and Eun-jeong merely hope for happiness. Will they achieve it? And what is it that Eun-jeong’s hiding?

Son Il-Seong 
Director
dong-hwa-il-seong-son-director.jpg

Il-Seong, SON, the director of this film is from Busan of South Korea.
He was graduated from ‘Im Kwon Taek College of Film and Media Arts’ for major of film directing and he is actively working on films including features, shorts, documentaries in Busan nowadays. In addition, he produced several films of ‘Asian Film Academy’ in ‘Busan International Film Festival’.
He was a director of some short films including Wanderer, Tal. Those short films he directed were screened and won in some of film festivals.
DONG-HWA is his first feature film as a director. He wants to show his own perspective on LOVE through the film, DONG-HWA.

Source: BELOIT International Film Festival

Seo Young Joo has been cast in upcoming JTBC Drama "Beautiful World."

2018122108361585712-540x810.jpg

"Seo Young-joo plays the role of a boy, Han Dong-soo, who lives without hope for the future in an unfortunate environment. It is a dangerous child placed in a shadowy blind spot of society, though it is reflected in the problem child in the eyes of an adult. A person who walks part-time to earn living expenses until dawn on behalf of his parents. It is planned to draw deeply the delicate sensitivity of Seo Young-joo's scars and pain of the fellow-men who are facing the rough reality and unfair world.

Seo Young-joo has shown strong performances across films, dramas and performances. In the movie 'Juvenile Offender' (2012), he was awarded the best actor award at the Tokyo International Film Festival at the age of 15. In 2015, he became the youngest actor in the play 'Equus'.

Seo Young-joo said, "I join in a meaningful work. I will do my best as it is a work that throws a message to reality. "

(Translated with Google Translate.)

source

Jang Hyun Sung · Lee Seok Jun · Yun Jae Jung · Seo Young Joo, casting 'Kill Me Nau'

94717613.2.jpg

Kill Me Now '(' Kilmunow '), which gave a bigger resonance to the audiences, spurred the rebirth of the rehearsal ceremony, and moved to Sejong Cultural Center S Theater on May 11. Raise the membrane of Samyun. 

The play 'Kilmunow' is a 17 year old boy 'Joey' who lives with his father 's care because of inherited physical disability but lives with his father' Jake 'who has devoted himself to his son as a writer and gave up his life as a writer. I draw. The work is a story about a special but ordinary father and son, a story about death, and above all, about life.

At the time of the premiere in 2016, it became the top blockbuster in the first place in Interpark rankings, audience rating 9.7 points, average audience share 92%, and the standing ovation applause of the whole round in the first stage in 2016 in Korea. After the success of the premiere, the rehearsal in one year in 2017 'Kilmunow' is also a performance that 'I do not want to miss a moment from the beginning to the end', 'Two hours when my heart is moved by impression', ' How happy it is to tear it up and comfort us. "It has proven to be a well-made drama once again by receiving a lot of publicity and media attention. 

Jake, who was a promising writer but devoted his life to his son and gave up his life, is in the role of a friendly father in the drama 'Live', 'I heard it with a rumor', the movie 'Fai' Actor Jang Hyun-sung, who completely digs out the characters of the play from the cold to the cold, is meeting with the audience in the theater stage after the 'Noise Off' in 2012 for a long time. In addition, veteran actor Lee Seok-jun who expresses delicate feelings in the thick smokes such as 'Kiloloroji', 'Bunker Trilogy', 'The helmet', 'Terminal' appears as a double cast, To show the stage of impression.

The 17-year-old adolescent son, Joey, who grew up under the care of his father due to a congenital disability, but now dreams of independence, received praise from audiences for his delicate physical performance and emotional expressions at the time of the reenactment. Recently, Actor Yoon-hee who shows his presence as an intense character in "The Judge-sama", "The question of the beginning" and the like. In the same station, she won the Best Actor Award at the Tokyo International Film Festival as a film crime boy. She also directed plays such as 'Delicious, Tiger and Fish', 'Equus' drama 'Beautiful World', 'Lingerie Girls' Seo Young-joo, who has a solid filmography and is expected to perform in the future, will deliver a deep sound and message. 

Jake's lover, Robin, has a long-standing role in the theater scene, and she has a strong sense of humor in various works such as the drama "Beautiful sister who buys rice well," "Dignified girlfriend," " Seo Jeong-yeon, who is acting as a new stiletto, introducing acting, returns to the theater stage after a long time since the play 'Che-hops of 14'. In addition, Yang So-min, who shows various charms and strikes a variety of characters through plays and musicals such as the drama 'Truth X False', '100-year-old elderly who escaped beyond the window', 'The Helmet' and 'Agatha' Robin 'with loneliness will transform into a perfect transformation, will show off the performance of luxury.

Jake's younger sister, Joey's aunt Twwila, plays and musicals such as Gwanghwamun Sonata, Marie Curie, Bungee Jump, Drama Trials and Pride. Every piece of work, such as the works of Lim Gang-hee, who is spreading colorful spectrum of performances, and the play "miracle of Nami Miyako Store", "Tokotok", "Deletion, tiger and fish", musical " Moonjin, who is loved by audiences with a stable performance, is going to increase his involvement in the work. 

The only friend of 'Joey', 'Laudy', has a strong acting ability based on the theater such as' Drink and Tears, Jekyll and Hyde ',' Laughing College ',' , 'Mystery', 'Butterfly Effect', 'Loach', etc., which starred in actor Lee Sihoon and various film festivals that have been actively playing a licorice role in 'Seo Shine' and 'Boyfriend' Kim Bum-soo, who has built more than 30 independent films and has accumulated various experiences that are not new actors such as 'From the bottom', 'Memento Mori', 'The story of Yang Deok-won' I will put it. Opened on May 11th. 

Translated via Google Translate.

Source

I came across this article and interview about Equus.

Showing two sides of an enigmatic character

10074437.jpg
Seo Young-ju, left, and Nam Yoon-ho, have been double cast as Alan for the play “Equus” that is being staged at the Chungmu Art Center in central Seoul. By Jeon Ho-seong

There are only a handful of plays that can stand the test of time. That’s because theaters stage plays based on the premise that the audience always desires something new. Except for the monumental classics like Greek tragedies and Shakespearean masterpieces, there have been very few modern works by foreign playwrights that became part of the repertoires of theater companies in Korea. 

But the play “Equus,” which is celebrating the 40th anniversary since its Korean premiere this year, is an exception. Ever since its premiere in 1975 as an “experimental play” by a local theater company, “Equus” has been staged regularly for the Korean audience once every two to three years at various venues across the country. The latest show began its run last week at Chungmu Art Hall in central Seoul.

Written by Peter Shaffer in 1973, the play that tells a story of a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a teenager with a pathological religious fascination with horses, has become one of the most popular works of theater in the world. Shaffer is said to have been inspired to write “Equus” after hearing a crime story about a teenage boy who blinded six horses in a small town in England. Without learning about the details of the crime, Shaffer went on to write a fictional account of what might have caused the incident and turned it into somewhat of a detective story involving Dr. Martin Dysart, a psychiatrist, trying to understand the cause of the young Alan’s actions. After premiering in London in 1973, the show went to Broadway in 1975 and starred famous actors such as Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Dysart and Tom Hulce as Alan. 

Over the past 40 years, Korean actors who played the role of the troubled 17-year-old Alan, including Kang Tae-ki, Song Seung-hwan, Choi Jae-sung, Choi Min-sik and Cho Jae-hyun, have since risen to stardom, becoming known as veteran actors representing the local theatrical circle. The two young actors who have been double cast as Alan for this year’s 40th anniversary performance, already appear to stand out from the bunch. One of them is Nam Yoon-ho, 31, who came into the spotlight in the theater world only this year after appearing in Shakespeare’s “Pericles,” produced by the Seoul Arts Center, together with his father, Yu In-chon, an actor and former culture minister. Then there’s 17-year-old Seo Young-ju, who has been garnering much attention for becoming the youngest Alan. 

Although the two actors play the same character, the two express a totally different Alan. 

Seo, who is playing a character of the same age, leads the life of a real 17-year-old, worrying about the upcoming exam at school. He received the Best Actor Award at the Tokyo International Film Festival for his role in the film “Juvenile Offender” (2012), becoming not only the first Korean actor but also the youngest actor to take home the prize. His acting has also been recognized in filmmaker Kim Ki-duk’s “Moebius” (2013). But the young actor is modest, saying in an interview that he was “all tensed up” since “Equus” is his first stage play. 

Meanwhile, Nam, despite being 14 years older than Seo, has a young enough appearance, and the two are even mistaken for friends of the same age. Although he calls himself a rookie for having only three years of experience as a stage actor, Nam has been acclaimed for his deep level of understanding of characters and confidence on stage. While the story line is the same, the two actors depict such different Alans that local theater aficionados say they have no choice but to see the play twice. 

Before the show’s two-month run kicked off on Sept. 4, the JoongAng Sunday met with the two actors for an interview. Below are some excerpts. 

Q. The character of Alan is known to be very difficult as he is depicted as a strange boy who sees the horses as representative of God and at one point confuses his adoration of his “God” with sexual attraction. How did you find the courage to take on such a role?

Spoiler

10074459.jpg

A. Seo: I didn’t need courage but longed for the role and the opportunity came. In fact, the auditions for the role were only open to actors in their 20s and 30s, but I’ve been telling people in the theatrical circle carefully that I want to have a go at the role. At the last moment, I received a call from the production team saying that they want to audition me. I am so thankful that I was picked and I am being strong to do my best to repay the honor. 

Spoiler

Nam: If you are an actor, you would want to play the role of Alan at least once in your career. I was lucky to have the opportunity and I am trying to do my best. Since all the other cast members in other roles have played their characters before for previous productions, we are very busy trying to keep up with them. 

Alan seems to be a boy who is very mentally unstable. What’s the charm?

Seo: Everyone thinks he is mentally unstable, but in my perspective he is just an innocent boy in his adolescence. He is in fact a boy who has scars in his heart and I believe most people, if they were in his shoes, would probably act the same way. 

Spoiler

Nam: The passion that an actor can show on stage through Alan is very detailed. Alan goes through very rapid emotional changes, has some kind of duplicity, and the actor playing the role has to manage that while skillfully presenting it on stage as the story jumps from the past and the present. That is why many actors want to challenge themselves and take on the role. That’s the charm of Alan.

Alan loves the horses as his “God” but at one point, he challenges it. Can you sympathize with this psychology?

Seo: I don’t think he challenged the horses but his actions came out from too much love for the horses. He loves the horses so dearly but fell in love with a woman. But because he loves the horses too much, I believe he blinded the horses so that they don’t see what kind of man he has become. 

Spoiler

Nam: Of course it’s not easy to sympathize. But as an actor, you have to get as close to the feelings of the character so I try to bring in similar experiences or feelings to fit them together with Alan’s feelings like a puzzle. I don’t think I will understand Alan 100 percent even on stage, but I will try to until the final show to fill the gap. 

Alan also seems like a very innocent boy who follows a primitive instinct. Do you think you still have such a characteristic in you?

Spoiler

Nam: In fact, as I play Alan, I feel like I am quite stained by this society. When I did “Romeo and Juliet,” I had to show pure and unconditional love, but I found myself thinking about why the young couple fell in love in the first place. I find myself expressing the feelings of an adult while playing Alan as well. I should really work on searching for the purity left in me. In comparison, Young-ju is a lot younger than I am and he is only a high school student, perhaps without a real experience of love, I guess it is difficult for me to catch up with his innocence (chuckles).

Seo: I am not pure at all (chuckles). But because I am taking the role of someone who is the same age as I am, I finally feel like I am really a teenage boy. 

Last year, “Equus” made headlines for showing Alan stark naked in the Korean production in an attempt to show the genuine recovery of a human being without any pretense or hypocrisy. Since Seo is still a minor, the level of exposure has been adjusted to wearing underwear. Do you feel relieved? 

Seo: I didn’t worry about being stark naked on stage at all. Because that is not something that’s obscene but a scene to show Alan’s sense of freedom and his feeling of liberation. It sounds indecent because you call it “nakedness” but it is not like that. I have to wear underwear because of my age, but I think the scene of Alan becoming stark naked is necessary. In order to make love, you have to be naked. I feel sorry for those who come to see my show actually. It’s because of my age they may not be able to get fully immersed in the show. But I am trying to show his freedom and liberation despite wearing underpants.

Spoiler

Nam: For the play, the scene is necessary. Like Adam and Eve when they were naked, this scene is quite religiously significant. I will be stark naked and I have set aside myself and will try to show what I’ve got (chuckles). 

What do you think is the attraction behind “Equus” that it has been able to be staged in Korea for the past 40 years? 

Seo: Watching Alan is amazing as an audience member, but Dr. Dysart is also quite amazing. Moreover, it is fun to watch different casts.

Spoiler

Nam: That’s right. The two actors who have been double cast for Dr. Dysart will perform totally different shows as well. But above all, I think the force that attracts audiences is the power of the work. People come to see this play and have time to look back at themselves. 

source

연극 '킬 미 나우' 개막 D-1 !
⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀
서영주 배우 첫 공연 5월 12일 (일) 예정! 티켓팅 Gogo ! '조이' 보러 가즈아 !⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

The play 'Kill me now' opens D-1!
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀
Seo Young-ju actor's first performance scheduled on Sunday, May 12! Ticketing Gogo! 'Joey⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
# Seo Young-ju # Kilmunow # Fine Cut Entertainment # finecutentertainment # Jeonghe dam # Cho Dong-in # Han Jae-yi # Ju Jin-woo

60024956_844341439259903_125495946501947

Seo Young-joo Joins Kim Seo-hyung and Ryu Deok-hwan in "Nobody Knows"

photo1127225.jpg

Actor Seo Young-joo is coming back with "Nobody Knows".

"Nobody Knows" is a mystery tracking drama that poses the question, 'Would my life have changed if I had met a good grown-up?' and tells the story of a police officer who wants to protect children who are on the edge.

Seo Young-joo is expected to play a mystery man named Kim Tae-hyeong, who Baek Sang-ho, the face of evil, hires.

Seo Young-joo has been in numerous dramas and films such as "Girls' Generation 1979", "Solomon's Perjury", "Beautiful World", "The Age of Shadows", "Juvenile Offender" and even theater plays "Josee, the Tiger and the Fish", "Kill me Now" and more. He was cast for "Equus" as the youngest Alan in 2015, but was cast for the same role once again this year.

"Nobody Knows" stars Kim Seo-hyung, Ryu Deok-hwan, Jo Han-chul and others.

"Nobody Knows" is directed by Lee Jeong-heum, written by Kim Eun-hyang, and features Kim Seo-hyung, Ryu Deok-hwan, Shin Jae-hwi, Jo Han-chul, Baek Soo-jang, Seo Young-joo. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2020/01~Upcoming, Wed, Thu on SBS.

source

• Guest changed the title to Seo Young-Ju 서영주 Seo Young-Joo

Archived