[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

There's plenty of humor in this Korean version. I'm enjoying the drama, and I love Gun. He's fun, tough when he has to be and very understanding toward MY. Though episode 5 will bring angst between the two.

I'm sticking around..I can't wait for the OTP's chemistry to develop. Plus...I'm thankful for the laughter!

Guest Bijan630

Hello everyone,
I just started watching this drama and I'm in love with it. After watching the intense Dr. Stranger, it's just what I needed....a good laugh!  I find the story-line to be cute and sweet so far,  I think I will fall behind a couple of episodes just so I can watch 4 of them back-to-back.
Enjoyed reading your posts!

Guest fiovial

Ratings went up again..hooray!! 
Nielsen Ratings for 7/10/14
Fated To Love You  Nation: 9% I Seoul: 10.3%
You're All Surrounded  12.9% I 14.2%Joseon Gunman          10.5% I 10.6%
The ratings war between FTLY and Joseon Gunman is getting to be very tight. FTLY had the highest ratings percentage increase among the 3 dramas. FTLY went up 1.1%, JG 0.6%, YAS 0.9%.
Though I know FTLY is bound to take a melodramatic turn in its future I wish it wouldn't come too soon. Right now more and more people are discovering FTLY and the main difference between FTLY and the other dramas in its timeslot is the quirky light-hearted romance. Writer-nim, let's hold off on the melo for now, please? 
I finished watching episode 4 but I'll share my thoughts in a different post since this was an emotional episode personally for me.
Edit: Just read that the real time online viewing for FTLY was really high.You're All Surrounded 19.9%, Fated To Love You 19.1%, Joseon Gunman 16.2% 

Guest ngthuhien149

I think Lee Gun has a mental disorder right? He has some weird/overacting/bipolar symptoms throughout the 4 eps and he went to see a psychiatrist (???) for help? If so well that explains for many things bcoz after the 1st 4 eps i still can't get over how weird unnatural overacting this character is, which is very different from the original. The male lead in the original is more normal and serious, not intentionally comical, he became comical because he was put into comical situation but Lee Gun is just very forced comical, loud and annoying. Not mention his unnatural laugh, really so forced. Maybe it is Jang Hyuk's acting (and his hair) but if he does have a mental disorder that explains somehow. Anyway.maybe i expected to see a more similar male lead in this version to the original that i am not quite into this character yet. I know Jang Hyuk is an amazing actor, i love him in all of his works except this. Yet. 
Jang Na Ra though. I expected her to be amazing right after i heard she was casted. I had thought if Korea had a remade for it, it must be her. It turns out she fits it even more than expected. She is really good and her version is very related, close yet charming and different in a good way. I even think she suits this character more than Chen Qiao En. And her character is even written better. So far, I can't say yet for the whole series, i am a little put off by the weird unrealistic over-exaggerated supposed-to-be-funny scenes in this version, there are also some better and deeper scenes (such as the scene in the warehouse or the scene at the cliff or basically every line written for Min Young) but definitely, the casting Jang Na Ra is already the winning point of this version. 

Guest chunnogirl33

@ngthuhien149 I love Lee Geon, the character and how Jang Hyuk plays him, but comedy is something that I believe, really depends on your taste, cultural background etc. We don't all find the same things funny. To me, the character works just as he is, and I'm not saying this as a "fan" (I love Jang Hyuk, but didn't love his character in Iris2) but because the character is honestly working for me. To me, he is a great contrast to Mi Young. And he has those quite moments too. I think, given the crazy situations that happen in this drama, and the age of the character, he needs to be either really young and spoiled, or really crazy and somewhat living in his own world. So making him a little crazy, is, in my opinion, the way to go. To me this drama would be really boring with a typical male lead. 
I agree that Jang Nara is very natural as Mi Young

Guest chunnogirl33

Guy, I've already been very spoiled but I assume there will be new people coming to the forum. Can you kindly put spoilers withing spoiler tags or try hiding them somehow? I see a lot of mention to a certain incident that happens in the middle of the original version, that is seriously a big spoiler bomb for new people. 

Guest ngthuhien149

@chunnogirl33 but he does have a mental problem right? the man he talked to at the end of ep 4 seems to be a psychiatrist . He seems to have problem in trusting people and is seriously worked up when he feels sth dangerous and untrustable coming at him. If he does have that, i am expecting something even meatier from this character than the original. 
@valsavaBIG SPOILER (forget how to do spoiler, so please ignore this) the part of miscarriage in the original is supposed to be a big turning point for female character to completely change because as in the original and here, no matter how much she has suffered she is still this unbearably nice, sweet, and selfless girl. So i think it made a lot of sense that it had to be a huge shock for her. She was already prepared because LG did not get married to her out of love, nor expect this baby nor have a plan of keeping her as his real wife, so if it is just that contract I do not think it would be believable enough for her to leave the country and get rid of her own identity and become a new person. If it was just her stomping out bcoz she was disappointed and upset that he did not want the babe (he originally did not want it), he could explain later, or she could just leave him and raise the babe alone. No need the whole make over. I have thought of the scenario in which she leaves the country, become a new person, still gives birth to the baby and raises him up herself, but i dunno if the writer is able to make it convincing. 

Guest chunnogirl33

@ngthuhien149 I guess he does have some problem, since he is visiting the psychiatrist, but I'm not sure if it is a condition or just stress. I haven't watched ep4 yet

Dammit, I shouldn't have come here. I just started watching the drama and I came into this thread without knowing much about it, read about 5 posts and already got heavily spoiled. :( Please, please, please put spoilers under a cut, people. :-<

Canon??? :-? :-? Besides to be an electronic brand in my dictionary and many other people means "it'real"

They are dating, it's canon!!!!! ;;)

But in this case Morning of Canon :\"> (dirty thoughts running through my head)

Finally saw episode 4 and I must say that I had tears in my eyes  when he finally found her at the hospital and listened to the baby's heartbeat and loved the prayer she had with Daniel and  the way Daniel notices her.  My favorite character is definitely becoming LG's grandmother...she is hilarious.. I can't get enough of her :)) But I was sad to see that LG is now distrusting MY because of what her family did it's like back to episode two  when he thought she was part of the scandal.  ~But I have to forgive him for going crazy for the moment ..he was kind of forced into marriage  and  fatherhood when he wasn't ready by the people around  him and although he ultimately made his own decisions.. Now that he's alone he is just now realizing what's happened and can't emotionally deal with it.  I hope they don't make him crazy too long but from the previews ...It looks like he is going to distance himself from her and not be the kind person ...with that being said .....I'm anxious to see how he is going to treat MY in public ...and how Daniel is going to relate to her since he seems to be her guardian angel when he is not trying to be :-\"

@chunnogirl33

About the dog

The dog appeared early on. Cun Xi (Ethan) gave it to Anna as a gift and the dog was getting the VIP treatment. Cun Xi was taking care of it, since Anna was overseas. It showed that Cun Xi did not give a darn about Xin Yi (Joe Chen) since it seemed that he cared more about the dog than her. There was a scene where Xin Yi lost the dog and Cun Xi was so angry at her because of this. She was already pregnant that time and because the dog was so important to Cun Xi, she had to look for the dog despite the rain.