[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest chantilly

Old Goodbye thread, ppl already watched it and loved it.  I hope someone uploads w/subs soon.

I usually don’t really like time travel genres at all but seeing the synopsis and the spoilers do see tragic yet beautiful.  Esp w/this chemistry explosive pair, it’s probably hard not to like them.

Can’t wait to see it….

I saw Halmoni in another drama today. She was one mean woman! Now I see why viewers were so shocked to see her in the Halmoni rolel! She's absolutely adorable in FtLY.  I still love her happy dance.  That actress was born to play the mean ladies though.  WOW!! 

Did a mini re-watch of TW-FtLY today and one thing I noticed was JCX tried to deny his feelings for CXY while in the K-FtLY remake LG keeps giving into his feelings for KMY. Whenever the TW male lead would notice growing goodwill toward CXY, he would suppress it, deny it, and fight against it. Whereas LG in the K-version kept going toward his growing romantic feelings for KMY. The only time he hardened his heart (which didn't last long) in Act 1 was episode 5 when he thought he had been deceived by KMY and the island residents. If I got the initials wrong for the TW-version, I apologize. I've never really gotten their names even after re-watching so many times. It all sounds the same to my Western ears and subtitles don't help for some reason.

Guest chantilly

only1khj said: Did a mini re-watch of TW-FtLY today and one thing I noticed was JCX tried to deny his feelings for CXY while in the K-FtLY remake LG keeps giving into his feelings for KMY. Whenever the TW male lead would notice growing goodwill toward CXY, he would suppress it, deny it, and fight against it. Whereas LG in the K-version kept going toward his growing romantic feelings for KMY. The only time he hardened his heart (which didn't last long) in Act 1 was episode 5 when he thought he had been deceived by KMY and the island residents. If I got the initials wrong for the TW-version, I apologize. I've never really gotten their names even after re-watching so many times. It all sounds the same to my Western ears and subtitles don't help for some reason.

Another improvement in LG's character from the K-FtLY is his forthrightness with SR.  In the TW version JCX never even tries to tell Anna about CXY and the pregnancy.  He tries to hide it from her as long as he can.  That is so cowardly.  While in the K-version, LG tries to contact SR more than once to tell her what's happened.  When LG does tell her in episode 8, he buries his past with SR in the mancave and without regret, without wavering, with steadfastness he sets his course toward KMY and GD. That is so manly! 
It's been interesting to see how the K-FtLY re-worked and re-imagined the scenes from TW-FtLY.  The first 10 episodes share many similarities.  The essence of TW-FtLY is there, but the embodiment certainly belongs to K-FtLY alone.  Brilliant screenwriting! Or would that be brilliant screen re-writing?  Whatever it is I appreciate both very much.  It's probably my favorite Asian drama story.  How 2 distinctly different individuals in character, background, family, and social status are thrown together by such bizarre circumstances and seeing what fate and the choices made within that bring about in their lives.  There's another good story currently working out these themes in the drama Love Cheque Charge.  It's a daily from TW, so it's LONG, but it would be worth a marathon if you can stand the slower pace of a daily and TW-style storytelling. The quandry of fate and freewill are getting a new twist and it's an interesting thing to ponder.
Thank you FtLY teams for two entertaining dramas that make my heart swoon, break, and sing!

@mustarinibellav You naughty, naughty gal...  :> :))  :\">    
Ah, gonna miss them!! Last week of HS/SS and I wish this drama goes on and on...    :-<
Anyway, there will be a delay with the HS/SS since I have meetings on both days. I will work on them as soon as I can. Can't wait to read your recaps, chingus.     \:D/

Wedding photos of LG and KMY.  It's their wedding!  Oh, wait, LG and KMY are missing.  They've disappeared.  They are driving away in the wedding car, holding hands, but no, wait, it's a backup, reverse like episode 11.  We're going back in time folks.