[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

It ends with LG, KMY and their twins at a picnic.  
Thanks @everyone for the re-watch today.  This is the end of a very happy journey with all of you.  FtLY was my first experience with Soompi forums and this thread will always be my "first love".  It's been a special place and I'm thankful to have had the FtLY experience with all of you.  
FtLY has first place in my heart for k-dramas.  They gave us fantastic characters.  Gun and Mi Young came to life in the hands of the Jangs.  It was a pleasure to be a part of their journey.  My heart broke in episode 12.  I still can't watch KMY break down when she's holding GD's journal.   I laughed, cried, swooned, and look forward to doing it all again on the many re-watches in my future. 
I take my exit with a Gunnie-ssi laugh! (but I'm really not going anywhere.) HEUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  >:D<

Guest psycheros

My reaction to the finale:

I'm not sure if there will be another rewatch when people receive their Director's Cut DVDs.
What was your favourite part of FTLY? The chemistry between the leads? The sweet love story? The humour? The great acting? For me it was the writing. The writers had a good plot to work with, but they added their own twist/elements to it eg the hilarious meta references and the back-and-forth references. I'm being dramatic here, but it was almost like whiplash whenever I realised the parallels. "Heeeey, this scene is like scene B, which also can be compared to scene C.." And I'm a pretty detailed watcher. Once in another drama, there was a closeup of a character's shades. I rewound and paused to see if the crew could be spotted in the reflection. (I'm that obsessive..) I also rewatch scenes I like repeatedly. Even so, for FTLY, I find more things I missed out on my previous viewings, so it's very rewarding for me as a viewer. 

Ahh... We should definitely do another rewatch when we get our Director's Cut DVD. The episodes will be a little different, so we can dissect and search for additional details some more together. :D

I can't really pick just one favorite part of FTLY since it was such a combination of things that made it so enjoyable. The acting, the directing, the writing. Everything had to connect together well enough to make it such an amazing production and that's exactly what FTLY is. I didn't think I could like this as much as the TW version and I was right - because I actually love this one so much more. This was something truly special and I'm actually really glad I gave it a chance.

only1khj said: It ends with LG, KMY and their twins at a picnic.  
Thanks @everyone for the re-watch today.  This is the end of a very happy journey with all of you.  FtLY was my first experience with Soompi forums and this thread will always be my "first love".  It's been a special place and I'm thankful to have had the FtLY experience with all of you.  
FtLY has first place in my heart for k-dramas.  They gave us fantastic characters.  Gun and Mi Young came to life in the hands of the Jangs.  It was a pleasure to be a part of their journey.  My heart broke in episode 12.  I still can't watch KMY break down when she's holding GD's journal.   I laughed, cried, swooned, and look forward to doing it all again on the many re-watches in my future. 
I take my exit with a Gunnie-ssi laugh! (but I'm really not going anywhere.) HEUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  >:D<

FTLY is one of the nomination for The Best Korean Drama of 2014 by koreandrama site --> http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=38086

They are still in the nomination round, you can vote for max of 8 dramas anyway, the top 8 will go to the final round. I have voted for FTLY and the current result said that it's in the 5th rank! So come on, bring it on my FTLY fellows!

Guest TinaA1430294419

Here I go off topic again but I just wanted to say that all the people on this forum should get an award just for being themselves!  I've checked out other sites (like Dramabeans) and found so much negativity and uncalled for comments and everyone is so different here, you give your honest opinion without saying anything nasty or insulting anyone or making a show sound terrible just because you didn't like it yourself.

To show my appreciation I'll give you this advice:  if you're ever in a depressed mood and could use some cheering up, watch a show on the Viki site, they started posting viewer comments along with the episodes which can be distracting but also funny.  I was watching  Dr.Jin and got hysterical at some of those comments, despite the episode being about a cholera epidemic! 

I'll stay on topic from now on!

FTLY is one of the nomination for The Best Korean Drama of 2014 by

koreandrama

site --> http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=38086

They are still in the nomination round, you can vote for max of 8 dramas anyway, the top 8 will go to the final round. I have voted for FTLY and the current result said that it's in the 5th rank! So come on, bring it on my FTLY fellows!

Fighting FTLY...Wish this drama all the best!!! [-O<

TinaA said:

Here I go off topic again but I just wanted to say that all the people on this forum should get an award just for being themselves!  I've checked out other sites (like Dramabeans) and found so much negativity and uncalled for comments and everyone is so different here, you give your honest opinion without saying anything nasty or insulting anyone or making a show sound terrible just because you didn't like it yourself.

To show my appreciation I'll give you this advice:  if you're ever in a depressed mood and could use some cheering up, watch a show on the Viki site, they started posting viewer comments along with the episodes which can be distracting but also funny.  I was watching  Dr.Jin and got hysterical at some of those comments, despite the episode being about a cholera epidemic! 

I'll stay on topic from now on!

I'm so happy to see Jang Nara sii back in a drama altough i felt little bit sad because i can't watch her with Jang Hyuk sii in her new drama.I know this will happen oneday, Jang Nara sii will be paired with another actor in her new project&Jang Hyuk sii will be paired with another actress in his new project so i choose to always support JN sii&JH sii (together or their own project). Now Jang Nara sii back with her new drama so i wish her all the best...Fighting!!!

Honestly I really miss Snail Couple, They are like Super Glue for me...it's hard to forget their amazing chemistry on screen (no matter whatever happen in the future They will always be my No 1 OTP and i will wait for them to meet again in another project next time) *pray* [-O<

Guest lovelyjen

Ep 19 
It's the same "car going in reverse" technique but WHAT in ep 11 are we supposed to compare it to?

I always saw it as this:

Ep 11, that' s where all the pain and sadness began from geon's amnesia.

Ep 19, that's the start of happiness and love.

@trixie1029: That's what I said!  Seriously, the man needs to be hired for CFs to sell watches! I've never noticed watches on male leads before in dramas, but Gun's stand out! I hope you have good success finding what you're looking for. 

15 minutes until FtLY Goodbye. 

:)

>-

That's strange...I quoted your message but it didn't appear...will try to fix it when i'm at the PC. ;-)

Still no luck with it. In the "temptation" thread, there's a member who frequently posts what brand the actors' clothes and accessories were wearing, haha. That would've helped me a lot in my search for "the" watch. Haha. Gumi mentioned he once was a model for a watch brand but I didn't see this watch in their collection. :(

And so the search continues...;-)

He's been a model for GC watch for...I think, 3 years? 2011, 2012 and 2013, I think. I don't think he's the model this year. If it was last year, whatever he's wearing is 100% GC watch, but now I have no clue :P It may still be GC watch, or it may not be...

Thanks @gumi. I got the GC watch tip from you and I tried to view their collection but no luck yet.

It's becoming my "if there's one question you'd like to ask JH now..." Haha.

I even tried to zoom in and thought I saw the armani logo? But still nothing. :(

Guest psycheros

Like Mi Young is the whole package to Gun, the show is the whole package to us. I also observed that although the show is consistent in emphasizing its themes through repeated imagery, it is presented in fresh and often humorous ways. You don't go "Yawn, the characters are sharing a meal again". Instead you barely even notice it's a repeat because it's so deftly shot.
-----Can I just say how kickass Grandmother is? She is the only female among the male relatives/board members  but still gets respect and a little fear from them.Uxlw4Pq.jpg
QIFyiFe.jpg
8teeEaR.jpg

It's not mentioned whether her husband was involved in the business.QsV3AFS.jpg
But Grandmother helped make Jang In Chemicals a success, while raising her grandson at the same time. And this was about 20 years ago. There is a glass ceiling for high-ranked female excecutives even today, let alone at that time. Plus patriarchy still exists in South Korea, although there has been progress made with a female President being elected, and this. Mi Young's ad campaign is meant to empower females, but Grandmother is also a good role model for them as well.