[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

While he sings she remembers encounters with him (but none from Paris ;):P ) and she thinks she is grateful for him and his friendship ...
he tells her that even thought he can't by her side, whenever she needs a neighbourhood oppa or friend she should call him.
Gun call that gangster boss and checks on him, but he has no good news.After Gun hangs up his phone rings and he yells at the gangster-boss, but MY omma answers and tells him to come to the restaurant directly.They drink and eat together and she tells him he should better take good care off MY in the future ... she is not overly happy but drinks with him.He acts as if something is wrong with him, she get's worried and he is all happy, well it earn him a slap.MY comes by seeing those two dead drunk and singing. They go upstairs, after some exchange Gun collapses and falls asleep, while MY and mom talk a bit more.Mom tells MY she won't come to the wedding, as she was just once married and MY will brag about her twice being married and she can't be happy for MY knowing what lies ahead. She slaps Gun and takes her pillow back, yelling they should eat and drink well, Gun in his sleep yells back, that they will and as all are asleep a "Thank you" slips off Guns lips.
Wedding day: Gun is all dressed and prim and gets a call from the gangster boss.MY shows JiYun and her sisters her dress and is sad that mom is not there. Right than Gun enters and tells her that they need to go somewhere and she comes with him without a question. But the others try to stop them. In the car she actually asks where they go and Gun stays cryptic, but she trusts him...
Back to the beginning of the episode ... after Grandma gets mad, there are several phones receiving a message, that Gun and MY will come a bit later.
Gun and MY run up a staircase and there is the tree, that is supposed to be taken down, but the gangster gang stops them and Gun & MY get a few minutes with the tree.Gangster boss is all happy and satisfied with himself that he is so good that he even can find a tree

Wedding day! LG is looking handsome in his tux. KMY is looking radiant and adorable in her wedding dress.  Her friend and sisters are at her unveiling.  Nice hairstyle.  KMY's looking for her mom, but she's not there.  LG shows up and whisks her away!  And we are back to the beginning of this episode. 
The boss found the tree.

Gun remembers the day he buried a time-capsule next to the tree with his dad.Gun ask dad to dig up the time-capsule together one day ... dad agrees knowing that he might not be able in the future to rememberGun digs alone finding all the silly things inside the time capsule and laughs his uncomfy laughter ... as he reads the letter we here dads voice ...MY and Gun run thru town to get to the wedding (where is their car?), dads voice continues and as the letter finishes so does the episode ....

getreal48 said: Just joined in to the recapping, was caught at work! 
Still cant say enough about the hand holding (I know, I'm such a sucker for those hand holding moments). But in the bridal car, we can see Miyoung's hands firmly clenching Gunnie's hands while driving the car. And there is no sign of her wanting to let go even when they pan out, because you can see Gunnie's hands crossing over to the gear shift area. 
And can i say, i love the way Gunnie calls 'JANG NARAAAAAA' in the show. Might be the sexiest way ever to call nara's name :)

Now we find out why Gun laughs like he does.  Great moment.
LG digs up the memory box from beside the tree.  
Jang Hyuk seriously needs to do some CFs for watches!   
Okay, tears are coming and my throat is closing...LG's reading his dad's letter...in a voice-over as LG/KMY run to the wedding hall. The end.
"If you face the moment...where you have to make the same decision I did...don't waste your time...worrying about the future....and live every day of your life happily...my son...my lovely son, Gun."  :(:(:((

@itzibitzispider: you're welcome. love FtLY and this group of FtLY loving chingus.
If only Gun had found that box 3 years ago before he sent KMY away... =((
I choose to believe Gun never got sick, never will be sick from HD, and I'm still "mad" at writer-nim for doing this to him! Stay away from Gun!

The exercise scene will never fail to impress me. 
First off, the so tangible chemistry between Gunnie and Miyoung in stalking Omma together and cheering for each other. This was easily one of my favourite scenes in the entire show because 1) they were color coordinated 2) the scene of Gunnie carrying Miyoung on his back and asking if she would like to eat ramen noodles 3) it's one of the rare times I see Miyoung channel the 'Gunnie-ness' in her by being soooo exuberant and basically chattering her way through this scene4) I've seen those street olympics games where the athletes do similar actions to what Gunnie does in the show. It goes to show how strong Hyuk really is to be able to pull those stunts off!
So I believe that those expressions from Omma and Miyoung were their true expressions because of Hyuk's awesomeness. Haha!

Guest TinaA1430294419

Slightly off topic but I just wanted to say that I finished watching Baby Faced Beauty and recommend it to all JNR fans.  Her character in this one is similar to MY, she's kind and sweet, but strong and tough when she needs to be.  She starts out a sort of post-it girl and ends up a famous designer.  Even the names are alike:  "Mi Young", "So Young".  I won't give anymore info away but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you watch it.

Guest chantilly

TinaA said:

Slightly off topic but I just wanted to say that I finished watching Baby Faced Beauty and recommend it to all JNR fans.  Her character in this one is similar to MY, she's kind and sweet, but strong and tough when she needs to be.  She starts out a sort of post-it girl and ends up a famous designer.  Even the names are alike:  "Mi Young", "So Young".  I won't give anymore info away but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you watch it.

Guest psycheros

Leftover thoughts about ep 18:
What does the staircase motif represent? The ups and downs of life? The small steps that the Snail couple take to get closer and forge a strong bond? Gun and Mi Young don't fall in love overnight, it takes years and lots of heartache for them to realize their love.
"Goodbye My Love" illustrates Gun's perspective so beautifully. Gun looks like he's walking onstage to the gangplank/his execution - he's condemned his heart.
Mi Young lets Gun off pretty easily later on with the cheek pinch, but guess he (or poor Secretary Tak) still has to deal with the fallout: The gathered press, his fellow board members and subordinates and viewers watching the live telecast have publicly witnessed his ex-wife barging in, calling him "stupid" and then sharing a HOT kiss!
---
Ep 19 It's the same "car going in reverse" technique but WHAT in ep 11 are we supposed to compare it to?
They are calling each other husband and wife already even though they have not been through the wedding rites yet.
This is the first time in Act 2 that Gun visits Mum's shop in the daytime - no need to hide anymore.
Gun has temporarily traded his CEO status to be Mum's son-in-law. Some might say it's a downgrade but he wouldn't want it any other way.
It's a good thing the gangster didn't buy the land from Gun because he went bankrupt.  Besides the irreparable damage the dump site would do to the environment, after the gangster went bust, the workers would lose their jobs and the island residents would be left high and dry. So Yewol island would been much worse off if not for Gun.
If the writers thought of linking Gun's laugh to his father, it's definitely pretty early on as JH has Act 1 hair length. Or is it a wig? It's healing to make peace with family, even the ones long gone. 
The running to the wedding scene is a repeat of the dog chase and "Classic" scene at the arboretum.

Guest lowieblue_me

..Hey @Guys ... how are you all doing?? thanks for staying on this thread,, wow!!! you guys are amazing, the  FTLY 2.0 are almost up are we going to get version 3? i mean screening for the 3rd time?  =)) =)) =)) ... seriously, I missed the Snail couple,  not enough for the Old Goodbye reunion... I am still hoping they would have another long series in the next year!  [-O<[-O< [-O< [-O< 

@trixie1029: That's what I said!  Seriously, the man needs to be hired for CFs to sell watches! I've never noticed watches on male leads before in dramas, but Gun's stand out! I hope you have good success finding what you're looking for. 
15 minutes until FtLY Goodbye.  :)>-

We begin at the wedding.  Gun enters laughing with KMY by his side.  Halmoni does her happy dance.  Lawyer Hong is dressed in high style!
KMY"s mom does come and makes a grand entrance!
The rings went on KMY's left hand and LG's right hand.

They are in a fabulous red car on their way to honeymoon at JeJu Island.  Very playful banter.  KMY is so cute when she mouths back LG's lineage recitation as he's speaking it.  LG is caught like a fish in a net by KMY regarding who does she like more him or work?  Too adorable these two!