[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest imaprodigy

@stuartjmz, IMO, I don't feel that Gun's lie about being Lee Young Ja is any different from Daniel not coming straight out with the truth that he wasn't a priest. To me, Daniel omitting the truth that he wasn't a priest was a lie. He did it on several occasions. Daniel could have just told her the fact early on and could have still offered to listen to her problems as the neighborhood oppa he later claimed to be. How difficult could that have been? Honestly, if I were to hide in a confessional during a game of hide-and-seek, and I suddenly heard someone call me "priest" after entering the other side of the confessional, I would have immediately stopped them right there and told them the truth. (As a side note, I actually think it was just wrong for Daniel to even hide there in the first place. He really should have thought of the consequences of hiding in that spot if he was intelligent enough to think ahead.) Also, just because he wasn't well acquainted with her yet, didn't mean it was any less wrong for lying to her every time she confided in him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Gun was right to lie to MY. The same goes for Daniel. I'm just saying that both Daniel and Gun lied to MY out of surprise.

It was never Gun's intention to even speak to MY about purchasing her painting. The purchase was supposed to be kept secret, even from his family and friends. He ended up using Secretary Tak's mother's name and address to purchase the painting so that MY wouldn't link the purchase back to him. However, he was caught surprised that she called him. He had gone through the process of the purchase without any contact with MY in the first place, so he couldn't have expected for her to get involved later. If he simply hung up on her or told her that she had the wrong number, she would have kept calling, trying to get a hold of the buyer. Then, in that case, MY would have been troubled anyway because then she'd think that she'd lost the chance to keep her precious painting. Then again, he could have told her it was actually him that bought it, but he knew that she'd probably end the call at that. If that was the case, then he wouln't have found out the real reason for her call, which he must have assumed to be urgent/important since she called so late in the evening (when she could have opted to call the next morning instead).

mi young's friend, jiyeon knows about lee gun still single and refuse to marry again. I don't think mi young meet her since she came back from France... Jiyeon tried to arrange blind date for lee gun and funny all the candidates are mi young look alike. I really hope she can tell her everything. Other people knows how lee gun struggle with his life... Honestly everytime I watch lee gun talk with kedongie I will cry. That man so heartbroken, full with regrets, that his heart will break into pieces at any time... Huhuhu..

rakionn11 said: I think that Ep14 gave us pretty much the connection with DP and SR. The delicious "ice cream". (You know what I'm talking about, right?).And that final scene was really heartbreaking for LG (and with that OST, it was perfection). Even if DP was not really the one who was sand painting, it (the hand movements) was mimicked very well.I was laughing at that Fire vs. Ice scene with LG and his half-brother. It felt like LG was Elsa from Frozen HAHAHAHA. Let it go!! xDAnyways, 3 weeks left and let's finish drama strong PD-nims and writer-nims!

imaprodigy said: @stuartjmz, IMO, I don't feel that Gun's lie about being Lee Young Ja is any different from Daniel not coming straight out with the truth that he wasn't a priest. To me, Daniel omitting the truth that he wasn't a priest was a lie. He did it on several occasions. Daniel could have just told her the fact early on and could have still offered to listen to her problems as the neighborhood oppa he later claimed to be. How difficult could that have been? Honestly, if I were to hide in a confessional during a game of hide-and-seek, and I suddenly heard someone call me "priest" after entering the other side of the confessional, I would have immediately stopped them right there and told them the truth. (As a side note, I actually think it was just wrong for Daniel to even hide there in the first place. He really should have thought of the consequences of hiding in that spot if he was intelligent enough to think ahead.) Also, just because he wasn't well acquainted with her yet, didn't mean it was any less wrong for lying to her every time she confided in him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Gun was right to lie to MY. The same goes for Daniel. I'm just saying that both Daniel and Gun lied to MY out of surprise.

It was never Gun's intention to even speak to MY about purchasing her painting. The purchase was supposed to be kept secret, even from his family and friends. He ended up using Secretary Tak's mother's name and address to purchase the painting so that MY wouldn't link the purchase back to him. However, he was caught surprised that she called him. He had gone through the process of the purchase without any contact with MY in the first place, so he couldn't have expected for her to get involved later. If he simply hung up on her or told her that she had the wrong number, she would have kept calling, trying to get a hold of the buyer. Then, in that case, MY would have been troubled anyway because then she'd think that she'd lost the chance to keep her precious painting. Then again, he could have told her it was actually him that bought it, but he knew that she'd probably end the call at that. If that was the case, then he wouln't have found out the real reason for her call, which he must have assumed to be urgent/important since she called so late in the evening (when she could have opted to call the next morning instead).

rienn said: rakionn11 said: I think that Ep14 gave us pretty much the connection with DP and SR. The delicious "ice cream". (You know what I'm talking about, right?).And that final scene was really heartbreaking for LG (and with that OST, it was perfection). Even if DP was not really the one who was sand painting, it (the hand movements) was mimicked very well.I was laughing at that Fire vs. Ice scene with LG and his half-brother. It felt like LG was Elsa from Frozen HAHAHAHA. Let it go!! xDAnyways, 3 weeks left and let's finish drama strong PD-nims and writer-nims!

Guest truong.michelle

stuartjmz said:
In contrast, someone I follow on Twitter raised quite valid objections about Geon's trickery in this episode. Unlike Daniel, he DID lie, directly and repeatedly.  I know why, but he still lied. There is no way around that simple fact: "I have a child" - no he doesn't. "We're both women" no, they're not. 

truong.michelle said: stuartjmz said:
In contrast, someone I follow on Twitter raised quite valid objections about Geon's trickery in this episode. Unlike Daniel, he DID lie, directly and repeatedly.  I know why, but he still lied. There is no way around that simple fact: "I have a child" - no he doesn't. "We're both women" no, they're not. 

Guest truong.michelle

stuartjmz said: truong.michelle said: stuartjmz said:

stuartjmz said: truong.michelle said: stuartjmz said:

Guest imaprodigy

eidasayang said: mi young's friend, jiyeon knows about lee gun still single and refuse to marry again. I don't think mi young meet her since she came back from France... Jiyeon tried to arrange blind date for lee gun and funny all the candidates are mi young look alike. I really hope she can tell her everything. Other people knows how lee gun struggle with his life... Honestly everytime I watch lee gun talk with kedongie I will cry. That man so heartbroken, full with regrets, that his heart will break into pieces at any time... Huhuhu..

I think the writer has stressed out the word FATE/FATED many times in this drama. 

When MY met Geon 3 years ago, they were fated to meet, shared many memories, had and lost Keddongie and Geon said if they had met at a different time or under different circumstances, their relationship might work. 
Geon was fated to be in her life for 3 months and those 3 months happened to be the most treasured moments in MY's life. 

When MY met Daniel, she was fated to meet him at the church, strike a friendship and have an "oppa" to look out for her when she needs a friend the most. His help and support helped to bring out her potentials and thus we saw the 3 years in Paris and her becoming a successful artist. 
At that period of her life, Daniel was fated to be by her side. 

We as audience were shown the love Geon and MY have between each other but not Daniel. He wasn't there when Geon thanked MY for waiting for him to get over Sera, followed by the fireworks display. He wasn't there when Geon stood up for MY when she was humiliated in front of the people at the dinner party. He wasn't there when they attended the prenatal classes, bought baby stuffs and etc. He wasn't there when Geon had to take cold showers, restraining his naughty hands from exploring MY. In fact, I don't think Daniel realized how deeply these 2 love each other. Daniel saw Geon as someone who always make MY cry, who doesn't appreciate her, who doesn't deserve her. That made Daniel feel he deserves someone like MY and vice versa. 

So that is why I want Geon to show the real him. No more wallowing in misery. Come out and show MY, he is her man. He is her fate. I want Daniel to see how much Geon did for MY. I want Daniel to see the real Geon. When Geon bow his head to Thank Daniel, Geon knew during those 3 years, Daniel didn't take advantage of MY (kiss, skinship and etc). That is why Geon said he can read people. And in his mind, Daniel is a good person. MY thinks she has moved on but she clearly hasn't. Just hearing Geon's name can affect her. Even though she tries to hide behind the smile, she still long for him. 
i have faith in this writer and the past 14 episodes have been wonderfully written. We often miss the details but I am glad to see some of you noticing them and share with all of us.     \m/
I feel as if Geon and MY has to be lock in a room (again), that way they won't be able to escape and have to face each other and talk things out.    ;))  I can't wait to see the remaining episodes. 

U took the words out from my mouth! I was just thinking this afternoon that they need to be locked together again. Maybe omma will help again? Hehe

@truong.michelle While I stand by my earlier posts, it was definitely not my intention to cause anyone pain. I have not lost a child, and while all of my many very close friends who have lost children do speak of them in the past tense, it would be grossly insulting of me to claim to be able to understand what that loss is like. Clearly, it is impossible for me to have any idea of reality and impact of such a tragedy. You have my genuine sympathy and sincere apology for any pain my bluntness caused.

Guest ~dakieEe61325571021~

since i can't quote pictures, i will just repost it, i hope you don't mind~ 

if i didn't know FTLY existence and i just came across with this picture, i will think that this punk have too much confidence to sit and flirt with such an elegant lady :)

tumblr_nabxswhgL91soqhiuo1_500.jpg

I was very sad to see our Geon sii in episode 14. he wants to let Miyoung sii  go from his life for her happiness but it hurt him so much because he actually love her :(
I know maybe he thinks that if Miyoung know about his illness and she remained at his side, it will only make her suffer but I think he's wrong. it will only make she feel more hurt if one day she found out the truth :( you also deserve to be happy Geon sii and your happiness is with Miyoung sii so dont let her go again. I believe if Miyoung sii would be happier if she could spend time with you Geon sii (you are the only man she loved and you are the one who can make her happy instead of another man or Daniel). You can share all the sadness and happiness together with Miyoung sii because you love each other and you both are destined for each other. This time it seems like a good time for Miyoung to prove Geon that he did the wrong thing by hiding his ilness from her. She had to convince him that he can lean on her whatever happens as a real family. we never know what will happen tomorrow but I'm sure they can through it all if they stay together 
[-O<
I hope Daniel will also find his happiness and met her ​​sister, as well as Sera..She deserves to be happy with a family that loves her and supports her. i know Daniel would be a good brother/family for Sera

@stuartjmz, I don't think LG lied about having a child.  Just looking at the last 2 episodes it's very clear that Gaedongie is still very much alive to him.  He talks to him/her about his feelings and how the baby's mom is doing. So for him he knows the accident happened, but he is unable to let go of his child so yeah, he does still have a child.
Gun's lies although wrong served a purpose.  I only see 2 lies that Gun has truly told. One was when he told her at the restaurant in episode 12 that he didn't love her and wanted a divorce and the second was when he told her in the restaurant that he did not want to get back together with her in episode 14. Maybe these two need to stay out of restaurants ;)  
At no time did he actually try to make contact with her.  Yes, he may have stalked her and probably has been doing it for the past 3 years.  Instead, he saw a painting that touched his heart and bought it.  If this painting was so meaningful to MY then MY should have never shown it at an exhibition where paintings are being sold or she should have made it very clear that the painting is not for sale.  Instead, she reached out to the person who bought it, who just so happened to be Gun.  Gun at the moment was very surprised and having determined not to make contact with MY or interfere with her happiness came up with an alter-ego.  His alter-ego allowed MY to feel comfortable while trying to get back the painting she lost.  In each of their contacts with Gun as Young Ja it is MY who is leading the charge not Gun.