{yg} Big Bang (빅뱅) Official Thread (THIS THREAD IS CLOSED - see post for current thread #3!)

Guest jess1tym4life

Guest susmariosep

dang, more unimpressed fans about the MINI and MV 0_o well, as tired-club-song or boy-band'ish it sounds to you, it's something different. it's versatility, and that's what they've been wanting to do from day one. we can't expect them to always be the hardcore hiphop gangsters they were before right? if so, there wouldn't be something new for us fans to 'critique' of or get excited of; we get hyped from new things big bang can bring out. and we can't expect too much out of them, they are still considered a new group so they have more experiencing to go. big bang doing different things and being pretty successful with it too is something i love about them :) i like seeing them try new things instead of hiphop/rap 24/7, i like seeing them capable of more than just one style- but i understand that yall have opinions, and some might not think they can do the new style and look. but just wanted to say my two cents about it~!

I don't think its a matter of fans being diasspointed with the fact that

its a different STYLE of music, but the fact that the actual music isn't that good.

I know i am.

Take Lexy for example.

The first single she released from her Rush album was one that was quite

different from the rest of the tracks, but it was STILL AWESOME.

I think the main issue i am having with LIE (can't say anythig for the other

songs as i didn't download) is that the music (and i'm only referring to the

music here, not the lyrics, rapping, OR singing) SOUNDS LIKE A GENERIC

DANCE SONG.

With Haneul Wiro there was a differnt kind of beat, the bass was utilised well and

even though it did have synths, the melody used was unique and NEW.

MuGaDang is also another perfect example.

Their music style isn't what most YG fans are used to, but because their melodies

are fresh and unique sounding, it works for them.

To tell you the truth, i actually enjoy reading bad/not-so-encouraging reviews

about the mini-album because it gives me something to ponder when i do finally get

my cd and listen to it for the first time.

It'd be pretty crap if the whole fandom thought the exact same things, so its good that

there are some people who are willing to give their honest opinions about the

music.

Then again there are always two (and sometimes more) sides to things, so peeps

shouldn't get all worked up over other people's opinions.

• Replies 40k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dankyung

in the mnet performance thing, at the end the fans were shaking RED BALLONS...

sorry if some one asked this...

but is BIGBANG's BALLOON COLOR RED?!

i thought they stopped doing those balloon thing...

or i've never seen it at any BIGBANG performance

and it looks like YB has NO armpit hair!

yipee!

that's nice

and i LOVE seeing top doing those little body rolls...

because he looks like the rapper type that lies to walk around on stage and do hand movements >.<

i dont' think big bang has a ballon color at all. like just random balloon colors. hehe

Guest sheart

im not much of a poster in forums in general, but i thought id add my 2cents..

Some of their new songs remind me of 90s boybands (not to say its bad, just the style reminds me of it) especially 'Always'. that one pretty much did it with the boyband style for me.

the song after 'lie' (i dont remember what it was called) really reminds me of se7en's style for some reason. like i could picture 5 mini se7ens singing in a group lol.

'lie' is catchy. i think its a good change of pace for them and its nice to change the style up.

the roller blades in the mv were pretty shocking (90s!). kind of random but still interesting.

as people said before, theyre still young and have a long way to go.

about what the person above said, i agree with you. but big bang is no mugadang and their audience is mostly the mainstream stuff marketed at girls.. so their style will fit accordingly. you know how it goes.

Guest keczianthei

wow.. just saw their mnet perf and i loved it!!! :w00t:

my.. lie is really growing in me now..

and i love it how the fans cheer .. they're saying their real names.. :lol:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/514/200...30180600fo7.jpg

whoo look at TOPie..wow..damn hot

Yb dang..i wanna see his hair design

GD looks like a girl to me...kehehe..

SR omg looks so mature now...&&

DS looks just cute :D

YOUR RIGHT! it looks like he got a black barber to do it for him! SNAPS, i didnt even notice it. GOOD LOOKING OUT! haha. i WANNA see it too now! SO i got another text, of course big bang related frm monica, this morning at 6 :45 ish, and yes i was up that early, for training for school..-____- dont ask. and i WAS LIKE REALLY LOUD. and it was in a gym, big and yet practicalyl empty with about 10-15 people. YES they were starring.. AGIAN. haha BUT THANKS MONICA!

AND YES IANNNE, i MOST def agreee, CHRISTMASS has come early. someone up there really likes us<3 haha:)

and agreeeeing yet again with most people, i CANNNT WIAT for the always MV to come out!!!!! FIGHTING!

thanks for allt he pictures, tranlations, gifs, links and whatnot, cant thank yall enough!

Ok, I'm confused. Is the 3rd track, Turn to You, You Turn, Run To You, or Wrong Number? xD Maybe someone can like translate the chorus for the song and then I'll try to figure out what the title is lol.

I think we're all confused. xD Okay well the only reason people have said Turn To You, You Turn, AND Run To You is because it's a litttle confusing reading the track upside-down on the cover. But if you look really closely it's Run To You.

However 없는 번호 deeefinitely does not translate to that. Directly translated it's Nonexistant Number or even No Number, as in, having no number. [ 없는 means not existing or not having ] As for Wrong Number maybe that's what it really means to a native Korean speaker (what do I know, I've only studied Korean for 2 months) though I did think there was a different way to say wrong number...but I really don't know, we need input from a native speaker!

I think someone does need to translate the lyrics or at least the chorus of that song because we are literally lost in translation!! xD So maybe Run To You is an alternate title for it...or something...? The only thing I know for sure is that 없는 번호 does not mean that.

Big Bang why must you confuse us like this??! You are forgiven though... x]

When does TOP do the body roll in the MNET performance? I must see this sexiness. I watched the video it and I must have missed it, I think my eyes might have been glued to another member the whole time~

Guest the7REAL.

Translated Lyrics - Guh Jit Mahl (Lie)

*ORIGINAL LYRICS CREDIT: G-RI7EN's:J*TRANSLATED LYRICS CREDIT: 5 G RAL@SOOMPI / G YONG EE~@YGBB

2. Lie (Guh Jit Mahl)

^Thanks for the translation!^^; In reading the lyrics now in full english, I really do feel more of the intensity, sadness, anger and heartbreak 10x magnified in the actual song and shown in the MV..

Thanks for the lyrics translation!!!!!It's so meaningful. GD was right..."You have to recall past loves in order to sing about love"(When he told Youngbae in Epside 11) GD's had one hell of a love life... or a good imagination... haha~

^That's exactly what I was thinking, GD's love life or imagination is one heck of a rollercoaster ride and he vents really good through his lyrics..heh. >_<;; And wow, when he recalls stuff and digs down from wherever his muse is, he digs

down waaaay deep. O_o Either way, after I read all his lyrics and hear his music I feel like giving him a big hug..lol.

Take as much as you want. Five ok guys, we might be young but we’re not childish

We’re just kids who dream of the future through our music.

In this era everyone wants new music with fun rhythm ha. Those who can’t feel it are extras ye

That’s right we’re BIG BANG

chorus] Daesung

Even if they don’t tell us anything we satisfy them (we are called big bang bang bang bang. Say SING)

Even if we can’t see them we let them hear us (we are called big bang bang bang bang. . say)

Even if they leave us we’re still together (we are called big bang bang bang bang.. say)

^Thanks for the translation Goldie.^^; I thought it was pretty humble of them to call themselves 'ok' guys, cause they are definitely more than 'ok'. I love the chorus, I guess in different ways its directed for the fans, the last line there I see as a more reassuring thing that they'll always be together hopefully through thick and thin and through however people perceive them. I won't leave you Big Bang~~

in the mnet performance thing, at the end the fans were shaking RED BALLONS...

sorry if some one asked this...

but is BIGBANG's BALLOON COLOR RED?!

i thought they stopped doing those balloon thing...

or i've never seen it at any BIGBANG performance

<

^Nope, Big Bang DO NOT have a Balloon color. I don't know if its fans of other idols but also fans of Big Bang holding it up because they already have it in their hands for the show...but either way Big Bang do not have a balloon color at all. Their official cheer item are those giant bandanas, but since they do not have a specific color to their name I assume you're free to hold up anything and wave to Big Bang..lols. more freedom to create ur own way of cheering for them i guess? xD

the picture was with an article saying how many albums were already sold

there were 30,000 copies sold from only preorders

YEAHHHHHH BIGBANG:D

TOPPED A PAGE

Woah! Thanks for the info JoJo that is really cool!! Big Bang Hwaiting~

here's that sexy 'leg-move' part of GD i was talking about. i find it hella sexy of him to do, it's like he's ownin' the performance, or dancing like "YEEEAH, I WROTE THIS SONG FOOLS~!" :lol:

http://i18.tinypic.com/6at8rar.gif

^LOL Thina. omg I was replaying that same part too, and I was thinking the whole time like, "DANG, he is seriously FEELIN' his OWN song! lol" he was so into it right there and he made you and everyone else feel it. it was a foreallly 'UGH, get on MY hype' movement..hahah and my reaction is, "okay GD, okay..i feels you homeskillet~" lols

susmariosep: i understand your point too :) yes, it's good in a way to hear negative things about big bang, just to see other sides of what the rest of the audience sees. i was just saying what i thought about other's words is all-

but big bang is no mugadang and their audience is mostly the mainstream stuff marketed at girls.. so their style will fit accordingly. you know how it goes.

yeah, very true~

does anyone have a full-out picture of YB's "design"? i'm dying to see it too :D

Guest SOUL'd to:GD

Yeah, like how he says he loves to vent through writing lyrics and music and stuff.

GD is deep, way deeper than we probably thought he was.

It's like, you don't really know what he's thinking inside :(

do you guys think he really dedicated this song for a girl? ;___; or J?

but I thought he might have been over J, @_@ just a guess.

i just got to read it lol, i bookmarked it earlier. I need to read the intro translation too.

GD just makes me so into it with his broken-hearted love songs >_< gah~

cause we all for sure know, he's experienced one.

LOL same Jerilyn, his voice, the way he raps it, talks in it, makes me.. depressed for him @_@ makes me feel like, well I, def. won't ever get to hug him -__- sigh.

dang. I loved the intro's lyrics <3

The chorus is so cute <3 aww~ the lyrics are sweet keke~~

i wish the song was longer lol, i love it <3

----- edit

omg i went to the mall yesterday and they had this store, like BIG BANG style clothes.

All the 10deep hoodies and they had that jacket GD has, the colorful one that looked like spikes and stars he wore on that one radioshow,

but it was a poopy color, not like GD's color -__- grr. so I didn't get it lol

and like omg I saw their belt buckles, the designs.. I SAW THREE JUST LIKE BIG BANG'S.

The big star one like GD's and the crown one YB wore, the car one like TOP's. X___X

but if i bought it, i wouldn't have gotten to wear LOL.

Guest satisfaction!

Wow I just heard their new song 'lie'.

{THE MV WAS SO HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!}

And ... I love it! I'm already addicted to it ._.

I'm not saying this just because I'm a "die-hard-core" Big Bang fan (:P)

But really, they've really impressed me with their new music.

It's refreshing to see them change their styles here and there.

FIGHTING BIG BANG~

OMFG THE MINI-ALBUM ALWAYS!!!

dangggg, WHAT'S THAT POSTER TUBE!!??? *dies*

the CD packaging is quite different this time XD for those who asked earlier, HERE'S YOUR ANSWER :D

oh man, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON MINEEE~~

the CD itself reminds me of theREAL concert album lol~

I had to resize & photoshop it a little~

1187324728_IMG_0291.jpg

1187324728_IMG_0293.jpg

1187324728_IMG_0294.jpg

1187324781_IMG_0296.jpg

1187324781_IMG_0298.jpg

EDIT --------

MORE MORE MORE OMGGG!!! WILL WE GET THIS!!?? DDDD:

OMGGGG TOP 3D PAPER STATUEEE!!

1187326030_img_0291.jpg

1187326030_img_0292.jpg

1187326030_img_0293.jpg

1187326030_img_0294.jpg

1187326030_img_0295.jpg

Credits to bz & popcornfor2 & me for uploading + editing, please do not hot link my photobucket! thanks :)

OMGGG I WANT MINE NOWWWWWWWW~~I WONDER WHAT'S THAT POSTER TUBE! And why does it say BBbud on it? O_O @_@ omggg what the hek *goes crazy*

i think it's a Korean fan's T^T lol that's why there's that poster tube *dies*

^ it's not mine @_@ I said I WANT mines soon, LOL.

that's why I kept like self-asking if we're gonna get a poster too.

last post edited with more pictures

THERE'S A TOP 3D PAPER STATUE! OMFGGGG!! *dies*

I HOPE THEY GIVE US THAT AT LEAST! :tears:

i guess it's TOP because he's got a solo in that one.

OMGGG THEN I CAN'T WAIT FOR EACH ALBUM THAT HAS EACH MEMBER'S SOLO CAUSE I WANT A 3D STATUE PAPER OF ALL OF THEMMM!!!

omggg, i think those are replacing the mounts. GAAAH~~ SOMETHING NEW TO COLLECT!! XDDDD

omg I'm going crazy *dies*

Guest delici0usbh

^ aw janny u lucky!! haha

haha top looks funny ^_^

i love all the blue <3333

please take pics of the poster whenever u can haha

^ it's not mine @_@ I said I WANT mines soon, LOL.

that's why I kept like self-asking if we're gonna get a poster too.

last post edited with more pictures

THERE'S A TOP 3D PAPER STATUE! OMFGGGG!! *dies*

I HOPE THEY GIVE US THAT AT LEAST! :tears:

i guess it's TOP because he's got a solo in that one.

OMGGG THEN I CAN'T WAIT FOR EACH ALBUM THAT HAS EACH MEMBER'S SOLO CAUSE I WANT A 3D STATUE PAPER OF ALL OF THEMMM!!!

omggg, i think those are replacing the mounts. GAAAH~~ SOMETHING NEW TO COLLECT!! XDDDD

omg I'm going crazy *dies*

here's that sexy 'leg-move' part of GD i was talking about. i find it hella sexy of him to do, it's like he's ownin' the performance, or dancing like "YEEEAH, I WROTE THIS SONG FOOLS~!" :lol:

http://i18.tinypic.com/6at8rar.gif

LMAOO thina, I didn't see that.

HAHA YEAH I WAS CRACKING UP THAT PART XDD

and the other part before that he did quite the same thing but not as hard, that's why I was like "Danggg, look at GD pop it!" LOL.

he's like poppin and wavin' LOL :lol:

Guest mon5482

%7Boption%7D 6at8rar.gif

^haha i thought i was the only one lovin' that part!

CAITLINNN...you're right with the "RUN TO YOU" now that i read it closely from the pics Janny just posted, sorry, i think i started that whole "YOU TURN" haha, i was over excited when i was trying to figure out what it said and also i think im a lil dyslexic sometimes tiffy & amy should know LOL!!!

JANNY THOSE PICS OF THE ALBUM MAKIN ME REALLY EXCITED TO GET MINE... OMO!!! i really hope YESASIA will send out everythign that its suppose to come with, no fair if they try to charge us with those posters again...dammiitttt.

but whats with the TOP statue thingamajiger...like we build it ourselves? mang i hope it comes with english instructions coz knowing me i'd eff it up...i suck at that type of shiznit

^ I don't think it includes the poster Monica (since you're not talking to me on msn lmao).

But I went to check at yesasia and annyoung, AT LEAST IT INCLUDES THE TOP 3D PAPER STATUE! *flips out*

LOL. I'd be too scared to make it, @_@ I would be scared to ruin it ><

Guest t. yama

Ahh! I just recently watched the MNET Comeback performance. OMG, it's sooo good! I didn't get to watch it all day.

I love the dance moves and how it kinda goes from slower to really fast. I love that move where they're kind of in a

arrow formation and they do that triangle hand thing, haha. My favorite move is that one where they clomp their

arms together like an alligator for "more MORE". Oh yeah, and GD's English part in the beginning was hot. XD

I'm so happy to see a Big Bang performance. We've all missed them so much. <3 Can't wait to see music core and inkigayo!!!

BTW, thanks for posting the pics of the mini album Janny! I'm so excited to get my copy now. The TOP 3D statue look so

intricate. So many pieces involved! I want the poster!! Ahhh~ I ordered from dvdheaven but I don't know if it'll come with it. Oh well.

Here's an extra pic :]

67pjhco.jpg

credits; bestiz + popcorn

Guest teukstrid

NEW PICTURES

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/514/200...30180600fo7.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6233/20...22910022cs0.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7714/20...22910021wa0.jpg

the picture was with an article saying how many albums were already sold

there were 30,000 copies sold from only preorders

YEAHHHHHH BIGBANG:D

TOPPED A PAGE

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES!! Ah he first one is so cool. GD is the cuteness(despite the fact that im not a big fan of his current hair XD)

Their next performance airs tomorrow(sat) right?

yay, I JINGYOED A PAGE! XD

haven't topped one for so long lol~

more comeback pics of JIYONG

no one posted these yet right? @_@ sigh. so much lol i'm like lost~

I don't think so though because they didn't ask if i wanted to replace the other ones in my folder, that means I don't have them yet.

DAYUM, Look at his neck *dies* <33 his adam apples, XD so freaking SEXY.

i wanna lick it :mellow:

:rolleyes::P

P1010407.jpg

P1010408.jpg

P1010409.jpg

P1010410.jpg

Credits to VIPBIGBANG.

PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK MY PHOTOBUCKET! Thank you :)

dayuuum, LOOK AT HIS ARM IN THE 2ND PIC @_@ <333 super flyyyy.

Archived