[Movie 2015] C'est Si Bon 쎄시봉

StaRix

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"C'est Si Bon" vs. "Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island"

photo559737.jpg

With the Lunar New Year coming soon, "C'est Si Bon" and "Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island" are being released on the 5th and 11th, respectively. Every year, movies collide with each other on a holiday but there are only two movies this time and they are different in both genre and story.

"C'est Si Bon" is about first love during the 1970s, "Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island" is a thrilling comedy. We looked at these movies according to 5 key words, ASACC: Acting, Story, Association, Creativity, Completeness.

● Acting

"C'est Si Bon"

There's a reason why mellow movies are all going to actress Han Hyo-joo. She's pure but provocative and reminds everyone of their first love.

"Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island"

Kim Myeong-min and Oh Dal-soo's teamwork are like natural reflections. These multi-players support and defend each other in this movie.

● Story

"C'est Si Bon"

There was a music salon called "C'est Si Bon" in Myeongdong. Singers like Jo Yeong-nam, Lee Jang-hee, Song Chang-sik and Yoon Hyeong-joo went there and classics like "I Will Give You Everything" was born there. This is a story 'everyone' knows.

This sequel is the upgraded version that's following the first movie which gathered 4.7 million audiences. There's no jinxing it.

● Association

"C'est Si Bon"

Why do first loves reunite? Why should we walk down the path of "Architecture 101" once again? Appointing Kim Yoon-seok and Kim Hee-ae as well...

A troublemaker detective and his assistant is something we have seen since "Sherlock Holmes". Kim Myeong-min says, "We look better together!"

● Creativity

"C'est Si Bon"

The back-story of a movie is always a welcome addition. And the story related to the birth of a classic from the 1970s is interesting.

This breaks the bias of comedies. We can't figure out the characters that appear and the conclusion of the movie is also quite hard to predict.

● Completeness

"C'est Si Bon"

The reason audiences go to the movies is not to confirm the productions' intentions. The movie seems to have lost the sentimentality of the audience by focusing too much on the characters that existed in real life.

The confidence from the first movie seems to have come over to the second. An overflow in content may seem too much at times.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

http://www.hancinema.net/c-est-si-bon-vs-detective-k-secret-of-the-lost-island-78312.html

Found a review in English, but it's too long so better read it at Korean Movie Talk

class="date-header"Sunday, February 8, 2015

Korean Box Office: Soft Opening for C'EST SI BON Ahead of Lunar New Year (2015 WK 6)

2015%2B-%2BC%27est%2Bsi%2Bbon%2B(still%2
By Pierce Conran

In the warm up to holidays, 1.81 million people visited theaters as a Korean film reclaimed the top of the charts. Local films were dominant with 62% of the market.

Title Market Share Weekend % Change Total Screens Screenings
1 C’est si bon 29.5% 533,677 NEW 641,279 829 12,063
2 Big Hero 6 (US) 18.9% 352,893 -42.7% 2,250,577 611 5,617
3 Ode to My Father 12.4% 227,970 -45.1% 13,122,023 489 5,276
4 Jupiter Ascending (US) 12.5% 207,751 NEW 252,902 561 7,177
5 Gangnam Blues 8.4% 145,920 -63.5% 2,080,715 433 3,994
6 The Strong and Mini Special Forces 4.1% 78,550 NEW 83,630 318 1,512
7 Spirited Away (JP) 3.8% 69,376 NEW 85,232 339 2,266
8 Octonauts (UK) 1.7% 32,862 NEW 36,678 210 806
9 Shoot My Heart 1.4% 26,323 -84.5% 371,705 270 1,580
10 Love Forecast 1.4% 25,683 -77.8% 1,879,057 182 1,176

Taking the top spot over the weekend was C'est si bon, one of two major local films being released during the Lunar New Year period (the other is the new Detective K next week). The 60s music romance easily topped the charts with 533,677 viewers ($3.94 million) but its debut was far from impressive. However, this kind of release is designed for older crowds, who typically need word of mouth to kick in before making a move, so there's plenty of time for its fortunes to improve.

Dropping to second was the animation Big Hero 6. It fell 43% for a third weekend take of 353,893 admissions ($2.52 million). The Disney film has brought in 2.25 million viewers ($16.21 million) to date.

Down to third in its eighth weekend was megahit Ode to My Father, bringing in another 227,970 spectators ($1.66 million) to lift its total to a spectacular 13.12 million admissions ($92.88 million). On Saturday, the blockbuster melodrama crossed The Host (2006) to become second only to Roaring Currents in the all time rankings.

Opening in fourth place was the sci-fi Jupiter Ascending, from the Wachowski Brothers. The film debuted with 207,751 spectators ($1.67 million), which is more or less in line with their previous film, Cloud Atlas (2012). Both works feature local star Bae Doo-na.

In fifth place, Gangnam Blues suffered a sharp 63.5% fall in its third weekend. It drew an additional 145,920 ($1.12 million) viewers, which now puts it at 2.08 million admissions ($15.35 million) in total. Though underwhelming, the gangster pic's performance is far from a disaster and the presence of star Lee Min-ho will assure it has some life in other Asian markets.

Next week, the big release will be the period action-comedy sequel Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island, coming four years after the original hit. Though none are a threat for the top spot, a number of foreign releases will also be hitting screens ahead of the Lunar New Year, including Kingsmen: The Secret Service and The Seventh Son.

All statistics come from the Korean Film Council's KOBIS box office tracking service.

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"An Exclusive First Look at Upcoming Film “C’est Si Bon,” Starring Jung Woo, Kang Ha Neul, Han Hyo Joo
still_21.jpg

Get excited – a new musical blockbuster will soon be hitting theaters in North America, courtesy of CJ Entertainment!

C’est Si Bon,” starring Jung Woo, Kang Ha Neul, and Han Hyo Joo, follows the life of Oh Geun Tae (Jung Woo), who is trust into C’est Si Bon, a music cafe that became the birthplace of Seoul’s iconic folk music. Along the way, Oh Geun Tae finds himself unwittingly caught in rivalries and friendships as the third member of the yet-to-debut “C’est Si Bon Trio,” all the while juggling a budding romance with Min Ja Young (Han Hyo Joo), an aspiring actress and the band’s muse.

The film will premiere in select North America theaters on February 13. In the meantime, check out a Soompi-exclusive MV with never-before-seen clips of Jung Woo’s “I Will Give You Everything,” as well as exclusive stills from the film!

Soompi

Actor Kang Ha-neul from movie 'C'est Si Bon' shares story about father, who still performs live
photo561512.jpg

Actor Kang Ha-neul shared his ideas and thoughts about movies during the interview, which took place in Samcheong-dong, Jongro-gu, Seoul on February 9th.
Kang Ha-neul took on the role of Yoon Hyeong-joo in the movie "C'est Si Bon", who is an existing singer songwriter. Kang Ha-neul said, "My father still plays guitar and sings in live music café. The café is called OB's Cabin, which was a business rival with C'est Si Bon' in the olden days".
Kang Ha-neul explained, "My father told me he had decided to become a singer because of Yoon Hyeong-joo. He also said he used to go to C'est Si Bon often in the olden days. Thanks to my father, I grew up listening to the C'est Si Bon singers' music since I was little. I believe movie, "C'est Si Bon" will take an important part of my life".
"When I was recording with Yoon Hyeong-joo for KBS 2TV's 'You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook', I contacted my father. When my father saw Yoon Hyeong-joo, I noticed his eyes got wet. I was so proud and emotional at the same time", said he.
Move "C'est Si Bon" depicts the backstory about how the legendary duet, Twin Folio formed, and the ardent love story with their muse. Kim Hyeon-seok of ' When Romance Meets Destiny', "Scout", and 'Cyrano Agency' directed the film. The movie was released on February 5th.
SourceHanCinema

Archived