Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

10 Superb Stories From Highest Grossing South Korean Films In 2017

Hallyu’s A-list actors led 2017 South Korean box office.

South Korean films landed over 220 million ticket sales in 2017. The box office flicks were predominantly leaning on crime, drama and action stories. The record-breaking success of December 2017 movies contributed to the achievement of South Korean film industry.

We present you the South Korean films in 2017, which amassed impressive admission sales through the ingenious narratives pictured on the big screen.

Note: Admissions’ Data retrieved from Korean Film Council (KOFIC) website. (010218)

6. Midnight Runners

2017 Korean Films

Release Date: Aug 9, 2017
Admissions: 5,653,270
Cast: Park Seo Joon, Kang Ha Neul, Sung Dong Il

Two aspiring police officers launch a dilettante police investigation after witnessing and trailing a kidnapping scheme. The combination of reckless (Park Seo Joon) and nerdy (Kang Ha Neul) police university students provides zest and humor for this comedy-crime flick.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKPop

• Like 1

*** As far as I know Kang Ha Neul is now serving at Gyeryong City at the Army headquarters, not at the Capital Defense Command. Please correct me Go Seung Ji if I'm wrong.............. :lol:

New Military Photos Of Actor Kang Ha Neul Revealed

20171231_New_Military_-Photos_Of_-Actor_

It seems that Kang Ha Neul had a blast with his friends in the army recently.

On December 30, actor Choi Jeong Heon, together with some friends, paid a visit to actor Kang Ha Neul in the army. He later shared three photos onto his personal Instagram, writing: “Visit a soldier of age 30.”

In one photo, Kang Ha Neul oozes his solid and masculine charm in military uniform while giving a salute to the camera. In another photo, the two actors captivate eyes with their sunny smiles.

Kang Ha Neul entered a boot camp in Nonsan city, Chungcheongnam-do for his mandatory national duty on September 11. After a four-week basic training, the heartthrob is now serving as military police officer of the Republic of Korea’s Capital Defense Command.

He is set to be discharged on June 10, 2019.

source : HelloKPop

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

DRAMAFEVER MOVIE NIGHT: Midnight Runners, starring Park Seo Joon and Kang Ha Neul

6c365e20-52eb-4305-bf6c-cd4ef4e58299.jpe

When two rookie cops witness a crime and decide to take matters into their own hands, hilarious hijinks and chaos ensue in tonight's DramaFever Movie night, Midnight Runners, starring Park Seo Joon and Kang Ha Neul.

Synopsis

Impulsive hothead Ki Joon (Park Seo Joon, Fight My Way) and thoughtful nerd Hee Yeol (Kang Ha Neul, Like for Likes) are the two latest entrants at the Korean National Police University. In personality, they couldn’t be further apart. In training, though, they are identical: average rookies who both sincerely want to become great cops. One night, the young officers witness a kidnapping, which they soon learn is part of a much larger human trafficking ring. Upon reporting it to their bosses, the authorities are met with red tape and lack of evidence. So, without any support from the top, Ki Joon and Hee Yeol embark on their own quest to stop this crime syndicate. Can the rookies bring down the vicious traffickers, or are they only running to their own doom? Also known as “Young Cop,” Midnight Runners is written and directed by Kim Joo Hwan. It first released in 2017.

Trailers

Posters

Spoiler

5c102eaa-b225-4816-a419-09ea14f5e165.jpg

84c86533-e34f-4dc0-8f01-d156380d6255.jpg

0fc4c189-0d4f-4a67-ad49-0469c4e64e57.jpg

source : dramafever

Mod: More than 3 Pictures and Videos should be placed in spoilers.

*** Why, KHN seems so tired here, huh? Or might be feeling full - hahaha - He doesn't eat the crust. But, so NICE to see his recent picture, though..... :lol: I wonder what he is looking at. Ahhh........only 5-months, but it seems so long now. Well, time flies so fast that it seems his enlistment date has just begun.

********************************************************************************

Kang Ha-neul Enjoys Pizza While in Uniform

photo941112.jpg

Actor Kang Ha-neul is 5 months into his military life.

Actress Bae Hyo-won posted a picture on his SNS saying, "He can't eat anymore. We don't eat the cheese crusts".

In the photo, Kang Ha-neul is in uniform. Leftover pizza crusts are piled in front of him and he looks like he's had enough.

Kang Ha-neul joined the military in September last year after the movies "New Trial", "Midnight Runners", and "Forgotten".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

Translation : Hancinema

7 Actors to Watch in 2018

cGHkKHbkqbCzsZgRJxuP.jpg

With over 100 years of cinema history, a strong indie film scene and a thriving commercial movie industry, South Korea has a surplus of extraordinary film talent, and every year, fresh new faces appear waiting for their chance at stardom. However, in the entertainment industry there is no road map for guaranteed success or stardom, and many actors spend years grinding away in menial jobs and bit parts before they land a leading role in a major release.

The actors below are no exception. All of them have paid their dues, in one way or the other, and are climbing the ranks to become Korea's next generation of cinema superstars. Though none of the actors below are necessarily new, all of them are on the cusp of what look to be bright futures.

KANG Ha-neul

qRCOCtHDhqymcCPcZiYf.jpg

To call KANG Ha-neul a new star or a rising actor would almost be insulting. KANG attended a high school for the arts before studying theater at Chung-Ang University, which boasts one of Korea’s top acting programs. KANG then cut his teeth on stage in musical theater before making a transition to television, debuting on the small screen with a supporting role in the drama series My Mom! Super Mom! in 2007. KANG would appear in several series, including hit drama The Heirs (2013) and the highly rated, immensely popular cable series Incomplete Life (2014), the latter earning KANG multiple award nominations, and the Star Award – Best Actor prize at the 9th Cable TV Broadcasting Awards. By then, KANG had already been appearing in feature films, including supporting roles in period comedy Battlefield Heroes (2011) and rom-com You're My Pet (2011). KANG’s first starring turn came in horror film Mourning Grave (2014), but it would be the leading role in director LEE Joon-ik’s biographical period drama DONGJU; The Portrait of A Poet (2016) that would cement his status as one of Korea’s top actors, in any medium. KANG’s subdued yet emotional portrayal of poet YUN Dong-ju drew notice and acclaim and the long applauded actor has only seen his star rise since. A testament to KANG's acting range, 2017 saw the star appearing in three very different roles in very different movies. In the ripped-from-the-headlines crime drama New Trial (2017), KANG is disillusioned inmate Hyun-woo, who has all but given up hope after spending 10 years in prison for a crime he did not commit. In sleeper hit buddy cop comedy Midnight Runners (2017), KANG plays the nerdy Hee-yeol, the foil to police academy partner Ki-joon (PARK Seo-jun). Finally, in the dark psychological thriller Forgotten (2017), KANG is the determined younger brother Jin-seok, who sets out to find the truth behind his older brother's memory loss, no matter how horrifying the answer.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=399&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

Any copying, republication or redistribution of KOFIC's content is prohibited without prior consent of KOFIC.

*** I love it when a celebrity renders fan-service. We love our favorite stars, and they love us back. It's common to see fans throwing all their love to their biases but when your stars show us some love back – it's magical. Just looking at them gives us butterflies inside but for them to show us some fan-PDA… we literally die inside! Even just a handshake is enough, right? A warm hug is more than enough. Some of the lucky few – they get to experience some of the most romantic conversations and interactions with their celebrities. Kang Ha Neul is such a sweetie! :lol:

Professionals from 'The List 2018' name the top stars who provide the best fan service

Broadcasted on February 13 KST, tvN's 'The List 2018' featured professionals naming top stars who provided the best fan service.

Actor Kang Ha Neul came in 2nd place.  Known for his generous heart, the actor can be seen greeting warmly to fans.  Prior to his military enlistment, Kang Ha Neul served meals at his father's restaurant; demonstrating his love towards fans.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

LINK to read the FULL article : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/professionals-from-the-list-2018-name-the-top-stars-who-provide-the-best-fan-service

*** I was able to watch "Midnight Runners”. - I find the movie good. It was fun to watch. This was Kang Ha Neul's last project before enlisting in the military. If you adore KHN, you may not be able to resist smiling like an idiot at his cuteness in the movie. I would say it loosely falls into the “Buddy cop” movie genre with all that genre has to offer including “odd couple” comedy. The leads have screen presence and their chemistry on screen is very enjoyable. ”Midnight Runners” is a nicely made coming of age story about police academy cadets. The bond between the leads is strong enough to make the comedy work. The camera work and pacing of the action scenes are on point. That said, the action can’t be compared to high budget action films but is as good as it can get. Above all, “Midnight Runners” delivers more than what it promises.Midnight Runners” isn’t just all fighting and gags – it tells a meaningful story that viewers will care about. It criticizes things like how ridiculous certain things are taught in police school and how long it takes for any reports to be investigated, it also provides valid reasons and explanations —  If you’re in need of some laughter, then you should catch ‘Midnight Runners’. But the movie thankfully ends on a good note with the crazy duo beating all odds to outsmart the gang and save all the girls! After watching the movie I am being reminded that sometimes, all it takes is one crazy person to change the world. They have great chemistry, these two, which made “Midnight Runners” a good buddy comedy. The movie wasn’t just about getting the laughs, although there were plenty to be had because of this duo’s antics. At the core of this film was a central message that would have audiences thinking, what was the right thing to do for these two students who only tried to do what they were taught? The chase scenes were exciting. Kang Ha Neul was excellent for his role because he had great charisma to pull off the serious and comedic parts of his role. All in all, “Midnight Runners” involved a lot of running, brawling & mystery. :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** I already have my DVD copy of this movie from my K-ftriend. :lol:  Thanks to her -

[Upcoming DVD Release] Korean Movie "Midnight Runners"

photo953854.jpg

Korean movie "Midnight Runners" is available to preorder on DVD with English subtitles from YESASIA.

photo953853.jpg

Order from YESASIA

Source : /www.hancinema.net/mi...

tvN Movies Rolls Out Operation March

tvN MoviesWorld’s FIRST and ONLY Korean Blockbuster movie channel – brings to the audience a series of action blockbusters to kick the Monday blues and continues to deliver weekly blockbuster premieres, as well as introduces talented rising stars.

midnight.jpg

Premieres Sat, 31 Mar @ 22:00

Wed, 4 Apr @ 22:00
MIDNIGHT RUNNERS

Cast: Park Seo-Joon, Kang Ha-Neul

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreancrazed

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing so many pictures here that most I haven't seen. I read that KHN auditioned for a musical in the military together with Ji Chang Wook but they have not been cast yet! He auditioned for a musical called “Shinheung Military Academy”. It takes place in 1910 and tells the story of young people who gathered in Manchuria to start a military academy and restore their country’s independence from the Imperial Japanese Army. The musical will be staged 20 times in September at the National Museum of Korea. I hope he can be part of this musical. :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 8:06 PM, Go Seung Ji said:

Kang Ha Neul Shares Update During Military Service

On May 10, actor Kang Ha Neul posted a photo of himself working at his parents’ restaurant on Instagram.

The picture shows him taking the customers’ orders, wearing an apron and a hat. “They say everyone becomes a devoted son or at least grows up when he enlists in the army, but maybe I’m not one of them,” he wrote. “I feel like I’m calling and checking on my parents less than I did before I enlisted.”

Kang Ha Neul continued, “I was thinking about what would be a good gift and memory for this Parents’ Day and decided to help out at my father’s noodle restaurant as a part-timer on my vacation.” He explained that he would use this opportunity to spend time with his parents during his vacation. He added, “Our noodle place is not that big or grand, so there are limitations regarding the ingredients or the number of customers we can take in. But I’ll still greet the ones who come with a smile and try to lessen the burden on my chest as the first son who couldn’t help his father a lot.”

Kang He Neul enlisted in the military on September 11, 2017. He is scheduled for discharge on June 6, 2019.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/10/kang-ha-neul-shares-update-military-service/

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this. Cannot wait for him to get back with an amazing work again. :lol:

13 High School Characters Who Were Played By MUCH Older Actors

These actors don’t seem to age.

4. Kang Ha Neul

XONVRd7g1nBtA4csrWxSYazwSlanJQ3H2-Y256_Y

There’s no doubt Kang Ha Neul has a very youthful air about him.

rVh7DeLjLZ7uGlb__dg2mWDPyLNU9bI6y3wDHFug

His appearance is so useful that even as an adult he passes as a school student. One of his most iconic roles was in the drama Angel Eyes where he plays a student even though he was 24 years old at the time.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this. Usually, soldiers & celebrity soldiers honor veterans & their co-soldiers who have lost their lives in battle during Memorial Day. June 6 marks Memorial Day in Korea.  :lol: NICE that KHN was part of this.

The Genealogy of Korean Youth Films

The Evolving Passions and Fears of Korea’s Youth Reflected in Film

With the commercial success of YIM Soon-rye’s Little Forest and the critical acclaim of JEON Go-woon’sMicrohabitat this year, the Korean youth film has been making a quiet but emphatic comeback. Finding new ways to appeal to viewers who may feel suffocated by the alacritous pace of Korea’s urban spaces in the modern age, these films and others are tapping into the ever-shifting concerns of those who have just entered the adult world.

More than any other genre, the youth film is prone to drastic changes as the makeup and interests of youth generations constantly change. Nowhere is this truer than in Korea, a country that has experienced starker changes than most in its modern era. Over the course of just over 50 years, the youth film has remained a staple of Korean cinema though one that has been in perpetual flux.

Commercial Colors of Millennial Youth Films

With the rise of Korean cinema as a whole around the turn of the millennium, youth films also saw an uptick in production, populated by the many popular new faces of the day. Many of these were romantic comedies, but several over films exploring the angst and malaise of Korea’s youth also cropped up during this period.

Twenty

aiXSUQDQvUziXmMoZtBb.jpg

On the heels of his indie debut Cheer Up Mr. Lee (2013), LEE Byoung-heon graduated to the commercial arena with his star-driven youth dramedy Twenty (2015). Featuring KIM Woo-bin (The Con Artists, 2014), KANG Ha-neul (Midnight Runner, 2017) and LEE Jun-ho (Cold Eyes, 2013), the coming-of-age drama focuses on three recent high school graduates, each struggling to adapt to adult life. The film was a smash hit early in 2014, drawing over three million viewers.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=418&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• 2 weeks later...

Who Are You? Top Pre-debut Pics of our Fave Oppas

From Park Bo-gum to Lee Jong-suk, these oppas certainly won the DNA lottery. Let’s take a look at the pre-debut pics of some of our most beloved oppas.

Kang Ha-neul

kang-ha-neul-predebut-ahjummamshies.jpg

Okay. This just makes me fall for Ha-neul oppa even more.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/06/26/who-are-you-top-pre-debut-pics-of-our-fave-oppas/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

D-341

Kang Ha Neul will be appearing in a military musical along with Ji Changwook and Kim Sunggyu. 

"신흥무관학교" is a musical based on Japanese colonial era in 1910 .

source1 + source2

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this. I heard that this military musical production will be staged in September. Working title is -”Shinheung Military Academy" - I'm sure expectations for this upcoming production are very high.  "Shinheung Military Academy" tells the story about Korean freedom fighters who established a military school that trained patriotic Koreans to fight for independence against Imperial Japan in order to regain the country. Twenty performances will be staged starting September at Theater Yong, National Museum of Korea. :P

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook, Kang Ha Neul, And INFINITE’s Sunggyu Cast In Military Musical

Ji-Chang-Wook-Kang-Ha-Neul-Sunggyu.jpg

On July 3, it was announced that actors Ji Chang Wook, Kang Ha Neul, and INFINITE’s Sunggyu were cast for a military musical titled “Shinheung Military Academy” (literal translation).

Already known for their talents on stage, the three were selected through open auditions. They plan on beginning rehearsals for the musical somewhere in Seoul early July.

The musical takes place in 1910 and tells the story of young people who gathered in Manchuria to start a military academy during the

Japanese colonial era, as well as their efforts to restore their country’s independence from the Imperial Japanese Army.

Ji Chang Wook and Kang Ha Neul, who previously worked together on the musical “Thrill Me,” are already garnering excitement after news of their reunion.

Produced by the military with the help of the production company, Shownote, the musical will hold its first stage in September at the National Museum of Korea and plans to show a total of 19 shows. It will also hold a nationwide tour by the end of the year.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news