First time buying/putting on makeup?

Guest catcoffee

Guest ihasblog

you are still young so you don't need to be really worrying that much. I understand the frustration. (I was shopping with the list our lecturers had given us)I suggest starting out with a tinted moisturiser which is now replaced by BB and CC creams.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest radenayu

Try to use CC cream first because it's so light then a lip tint. You can use it as a blusher too.Browse trough Youtube videos to learn more about makeup. :)

oh yes we've all had our fair share of the horrible makeup when we first start xD
i recommend just first of all watch youtube videos of beauty guru to actually see what products they recommend and how they apply their makeup. it really helps! try frmheadtotoe, bubzbeauty, michellephan, makeupbyali etc
and also with your eyeliner, it depends of what type of eyeliner you have. If you havent already, get those felt tip pen type of eyeliner. imo theyre the easiest to use. a good cheap one is the jordana fabuliner (if youre in the us).
and since youre only starting, just stick with the bb cream, upper eyelid eyeliner, tinted lip balm, mascara and maybe eyebrows.once you get the hang of it and want to start exploring into eyeshadows, contouring, bronzer, blush etc you MUST buy good brushes first. You will NOT do your makeup well and with ease w/o brushes. 

Hihi! When I first started makeup, I actually started with eyeliner (pencil first). Right now I've tried pencil, liquid, and gel eyeliners and I think if you want to start with eyeliner first you should start with liquid eyeliner as it is easier to use (in my opinion), the felt tip ones like the Eyeko and Dollywink eyeliner is pretty good. I also recommend using concealer!

Guest 11clue11

I don't think you should worry about make-up right now...I'm also 16 ( in like 3 months lol ). But if you really want to, then just start out with cc or bb cream ^_^

• 2 months later...
Guest sertel07

I believe that everyone has their own way of putting on makeup. It can be an extension of one's identity. Do what you feel is right because people are going to talk no matter what you do.

Guest Hearted

I use to practice alot ... with my eyeliner because I would always mess up. Now I've gotten better, I just practiced when I was home and didn't have anything else to do until I got sick of practicing. 

Guest hyeongy

Hi @catcoffee! Really, don't worry about how long your "awkward/duckling" phase lasts based on your age and know that use of makeup or how big/small you are really doesn't define who's "blossomed" or not. I've noticed that the biggest thing that brings people out of their awkward phase is figuring out what looks best on them, what they want to look like and what their individual style is. This doesn't involve makeup and weight loss for every person, for some people it involves figuring out their best hairstyle, glasses, skincare, clothes that flatter their body, overall becoming more comfortable/familiar with your own likes/dislikes. I came out of my awkward phase around 18 and then went back into it until 20 because I became really self-conscious. Try not to think about it too much and experiment with new looks for the fun of it, you'll find it becomes natural to do so and you'll figure out what looks best on you.
But if you're really interested in makeup I recommend: bb cream (or tinted moisturizer), powder, eyeliner pen, makeup removal wash/wipes
- BB creams or tinted moisturizers are easier to blend and are more natural looking but they can be a bit shiny so it's good to use a powder- eyeliner pens (the ones with a marker-like tip) are a bit easier to apply than gel or pencil- removing your makeup properly is imperative or you might start breaking out
Youtube and experimentation are your friends for this kind of thing. Remember, no one does it perfectly right away. Good luck C:

I really suggest starting out by putting only 1-2 makeup products, then gradually increasing as you gain more interest in it! When I first started putting makeup, I only put on eyeliner. Then I started putting on foundation/tinted moisturizers! Try to start by using makeup that are easier to use! Instead of using a foundation, use a BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer! Instead of using Liquid eyeliner, start by using pencil!

But don't worry too much about putting on makeup! If you get really interested, read some blogs and watch some videos on youtube! They really help. :)

Guest gokulanr

First of all the same makeup can be used but it really depends on the co-lour and whether it would suit both of the skin tones. Second since it is not easy to describe how to do makeup and all the hand movements and brush techniques i would suggest you go to you tube and search for beginners makeup tutorial.
skin whitening cream  is one of the best Makeup thinks.

Guest gangsterboyyoloswag

lol I remember when I started with foundation(Revlon Photoready). It was terrible. I would wash my face and then so much would come off lol like the water would be all murky (BB creams don't do that haha) And it broke me out, like my skin would be so dry afterwards. Even now when I have better moisturized skin, the foundation looks bad on me, it shows unevenness I would recommend tinted moisturizers or light BB creams. I really like THE FACE SHOP's Lovely me;ex BB cream, it's only $8. It covers, stays and moisturizes w/o being oily. I had this Etude House BB cream targeted to dry skin people and it was really oily u.uLip tints are amazing. They stay all day so it doesn't come off onto cups and food and you don't need to reapply and worry if your lip makeup is smudged etcIf you have straight short eyelashes, try Maybellines mascaras, water proof is better since they are less watery and heavy. I have the Falsies one and Mega Plush. The Collosal, the Rocket, and Great Lash are all liked by many people.

Guest Inconnu

I think the first basis of makeup is having a very clean/fresh look. I recommend just goingwith something simple as a a tinted moisturizer/BB Cream/CC Cream to even out your
complexion. Top that off with a good mascara and I'd say that will get you rolling into
the beauty world. :)

Especially with the base makeup, I find that your skin needs to get used to makeup too.
If you start off with a heavy coverage foundation, your skin will most likely react negatively
because it's not used to being covered/caked up with all of those chemicals. Start off with
something light and then go from there!

Archived