[Official] JYJ Park Yoo Chun - 박유천 (Singer, Songwriter, and Actor) Thread

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jaejoong's sister shares a picture with Yuchun...

안나 @kkjj4  이쁜 유천이랑 오랜만에 찍었어요.^^

Embedded image permalink

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/22- 12/28/2014 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-1222-12282014.html?spref=tw

[ENGSUB] JYJ's support message for 7th World Water Forum 2015

From t4rw3n

YooSu mentioned in a magazine column...

JapMag column~Still close friends aft 10yrs! YC,JS analyse close friends' secrets&interesting <3 stories.
Publish Jan26

Via fourc_pyc

Embedded image permalink

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/22- 12/28/2014 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-1222-12282014.html?spref=tw

JYJ Magazine Volume 4
Released in Korea and Japan in January...

Embedded image permalink

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/29/14-1/4/2015 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-122914-142015-will.html?spref=tw

Note: Park Yuchun will be attending the SBS drama Awards tomorrow (12/31st Korean timeframe) night...

class="content-title" JYJ Goes On Healing Trip to Jeju Island For Magazine Photo Shoot Pao December 29, 2014   JYJ Goes On Healing Trip to Jeju Island For Magazine Photo Shoot
On December 30, JYJ‘s agency C-JeS Entertainment revealed photos from “The JYJ,”  the special issue of JYJ Magazine, which is set to be released simultaneously in Korea and Japan.

The January 2015 issue of JYJ Magazine features the three-member vocal group on a healing trip in Jeju Island. It is said that Park Yoochun, Kim Jaejoong, and Kim Junsu all collaborated with the photographers they worked with in the last issue for this photo shoot.

“The three members consulted with the photographers and personally chose the shoot locations in Jeju Island. Kim Jaejoong showed the carefree image of a traveler on a healing trip, Park Yoochun showed the image of a man in his 20′s who is having his last free trip, and Kim Junsu showed the mysterious side of Jeju Isand’s different locations,” said a representative from C-JeS Entertainment.

Although under the same theme, the photos of the three all give a different feel, showing the style of the photographers that they collaborated with.
Find out more about JYJ’s healing trip in Jeju Island on the January 2015 issue of “The JYJ.”

Park YoochunKim JaejoongKim Junsu

Soompi

Follow The Boys to Jeju with The JYJ Magazine 4
9p9ssqv1z0pr26wqp1oe91ddlm4ud5lb.jpg
[by Nawael Khelil] The fourth issue of ‘The JYJ’ Magazine will depict the men’s trip to Jeju Island.

CJeS Entertainment just announced, “We are releasing the covers of the fourth issue of ‘The JYJ Magazine’, which will be published in both Korea and Japan in January. Like the previous issue, this edition contains the collaboration Kim Jae Joong, Park Yoo Chun and Kim Junsu with famous photographs, telling the story of their trip to Jeju Island.”

“The members personally discussed with photographers to pick the places where they wanted to shoot. Kim Jae Joong went for a ‘healing journey’ alongside Nature, Park Yoo Chun expressed the last journey of a man in his 20s and Kim Jun Su wanted to embrace Jeju’s mysterious places, with sunsets and night views.” 

On the covers that the company revealed today, Kim Jae Joong gives a strong yet pure impression, as if he was a very young man curious about life while Park Yoo Chun interprets a college student freed by a backpack trip and Kim Jun Su goes for a black and white charismatic shot on the beach.  

Meanwhile, the fourth issue of ‘The JYJ Magazine’ will not only contain beautiful photographs of the men’s travel but also back stories of their shooting, interviews or a making film. (photos by CJeS) 

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=16657

Top 10 Korean Films of 2014. No.4: #해무 #Haemoo.. 
"the strongest commercial film of the year"
via mickymong6002

Embedded image permalink

4. Haemoo
Released not long after "Roaring Currents" "Haemoo" directed by Shim Sung-bo, unfortunately, struggled to find an audience, but it is far superior to Kim Han-min's period navel epic. Co-written and produced by Bong Joon ho who worked with Shim on his masterpiece "Memories of Murder" (2003), it's the strongest commercial film of the year owing to its terrific mise-en-scene, lighting and how it utilizes the limited space of a fishing vessel where, based on a true story, the captain and crew smuggle 25 illegal Korean-Chinese immigrants. 

koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2014/12/141_170732.html 

JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/29/14-1/4/2015 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-122914-142015-will.html?spref=tw

Park Yuchun wins Top Excellence in Acting (Miniseries)
SBS Awards

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink
mmsoleil

(Trans) #ParkYuchun Top Male Excellence Acting Award Speech @ SBS Drama Awards

"Thank you, have a happy new year. Actually, it's been close to one year since I have met the "3Days" team and by just seeing them once again, it felt great in itself. To all the people who have come here until this late and to all the viewers, I hope you will have a happy new year. I have a lot of people to thank for but I will do it later through text messages or phone calls or around a glass of soju. Thank you!"

Source: http://youtu.be/5_FLPXbSouI

Translated by Sheena

via JJYCJS JYJ

...and PYC was selected as one of the Top Ten performers as well (along with Kim SoHyun and JiHyun of Man from Another Star among others)

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

alwaysyuchun

Yoo Chun's acceptance speech -

Thank you, because it's 10's award, I thought it was an award given to the 10's generation. Thank you for such an award

Was worried about finishing recording due to sholder injures but managed to finish thanks to everyone's help

via: lordbordem http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/31/live-blog-2014-sbs-drama-awards/

via sheena

Embedded image permalink
as tagged

PYCs New Year's Greetings

"First, have a happy new year. 2015 is the year of the sheep. My little brother is from the year of the sheep too... (MC pokes him) I hope he will be even more successful. I also hope everyone will be healthier and always happy."

Source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/newsview?newsid=20150101000503489 (click on the picture to watch the video)

Translated by Sheena 

Embedded image permalink

Much more here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/29/14-1/4/2015 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-122914-142015-will.html?spref=tw Including more HQ pics.

Red carpet pic

Embedded image permalink

Factors behind the success of JYJ’s 1st Japanese album

Updated : January 01 2015

(C-JeS Entertainment)
With hallyu group JYJ gearing up to release its first EP in Japan, several factors are likely to play a crucial role in its success, industry insiders said.

The three-member group is set to release the Japanese EP “Wake Me Tonight” on Jan. 21.

Experts said JYJ has built a huge fan base in Japan through performing numerous concerts there. Late last year, the group attracted
more than 240,000 fans during its two-month Dome Tour in Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka.

(C-JeS Entertainment)
Moreover, JYJ’s EP marks its first attempt to enter the Japanese music market since it broke away from idol group TVXQ. Although the three-member group released the album “The Beginning” in English in 2010, it did not include Japanese songs, making Japanese fans long for an official album in their country. Some industry sources say that JYJ is expected to perform well on the Oricon chart with its first Japanese release.

Professional support from a renowned agency is also expected to boost JYJ’s popularity in Japan. The boy band recently joined hands with K DASH, one of the largest talent agencies in Japan. Following a legal battle with its former Japanese agency AVEX over promotional events and its contract, JYJ began looking for a new agency.

The group ended its legal battle with AVEX and signed an agreement with K DASH early last year.

By Lee Hyun-jeong (rene@heraldcorp.com)
kpopherald

Much more here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/29/14-1/4/2015 (Will Update Continuously...
http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-122914-142015-will.html?spref=tw

class="entry-title" [OTHER TWITTER] 150101 Mass culture critic Kim Young-sam Twitter Updates: Calling out SBS – “What if…” January 3, 2015 · rilanna photo 140101fmpenter1.png [TRANS] If SBS has to open the Festival by merging with SAF, it makes me laugh at the Drama Awards this time; I recommend they use Park Yoochun once in an Entertainment [show]. How long will they be manipulated by SM clearing their throats? Let’s recover our senses. Okay?
photo B6SCGUoCQAE0RAe.jpg * photo 140101fmpenter2.png [TRANS] If JYJ, including Park Yoochun, appears in an Entertainment (T/N: i.e. variety show) on SBS, they won’t make it onto a program that has Kim Byung-man or Kang Ho-dong, and should at least try for Running Man, if possible Source: @fmpenter(1,2)   Translated & Shared by: JYJ3

JYJ Official
JYJ 매거진
멤버들의ㅡ제주여행편
사전 예약이 시작 되었습니다
그들의 여행 사진집 많은 관심 부탁드립니다
[C-JeS Store] JYJ Magazine No.4 예약판매(1월 10일까지). cjesstore.com 에서 확인하세요.

The members of JYJ Magazine — began their advance reservation Jeju travel deals travel photo gallery and ask a lot of interest [C-JeS Store] JYJ Magazine No.4 pre-sales (January 10th). Please check at cjesstore.com.
10916355_718273828267984_447750356255232

10841932_718273824934651_388625338280798

More Here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 12/29/14-1/4/2015 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2014/12/jyj-news-week-of-122914-142015-will.html?spref=tw

JYJ Official
연기를 향한 끝없는 의심이 만들어 낸 멋진 배우 박유천!
그 훈훈한 모습을 인터뷰 기사를 통해 만나보세요^^

The endless doubts on his acting skills has lead 박유천 to become a fabulous actor.
Check out more from the interview article.

safe_image.php?d=AQAct_Xe6atxL_VO&w=470& 스포츠조선 :: 박유천, 의심하는 배우는 자격이 있다 sports.chosun.com

PYC won the best new movie actor awards based on his acting skill
http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&sid1=106&oid=076&aid=0002658520 

via AliceChunsa

Embedded image permalink
2015010801000689800040351_99_20150107080
Updates here:
JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 1/5-1/11/2015 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/01/jyj-news-week-of-15-1112015-will-update.html?spref=tw

Bonus:
Chocolate 'boobs' talk at Fukuoka concert...
Perfect convo between Sexy santa, Handsome Christmas tree, and Cute snowman...

with English subs by Huayu

class="entry-title" [WEIBO] 150106 C-JeS created JYJ members’ official Weibo accounts and post an update each January 7, 2015 · rilanna   photo 150106jjweibo.png [TRANS]
Hello everyone~ How was the New Year? I started Weibo officially,please pay attention to me closely!good_org.gif
* photo 150106ycweibo.png [TRANS]
Friends in China,Happy New Year! I started on Weibo,pay a lot of attention to my Weibo good_org.gif Wait for the next time I go to China . See you ;)
* photo 150106jsweibo.png [TRANS]
Happy new year , friends in China!I was very happy last time seeing many Chinese friends at our concert in South Korea liwu_org.gif I also started a personal Weibo haha :)

Source: JYJ’s Weibo(JJ,YC,JS)   Translated & Shared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title"[TRANS] 150106 Park Yuchun, An Actor Who Has the Right to Doubt January 7, 2015 · rilanna

2014121701002156100133581.jpg~original

In the perspective of actors in their 20s, there is no satisfaction in just acting itself. This is because, to them as an actor, drinking the first drink, chewing, digesting and even “excretion”; the process of such accomplishments can never be easy. ‘Will I do well in the end?’ particularly when there is no choice but to feel burdened for having a highly-reputed movie as a debut movie. And what more when he was given the lead role in Producer Bong Junho and Director Shim Sungbo’s production knows as Haemoo. Park Yuchun understands this point better than anyone else.

“I thought for sure that I will not be able to win the Blue Dragon Award. Because I was so sure, I was surprised when my name was called. Actually, I was very nervous and I really did not expect to make it to the Blue Dragon Awards.” Adding, “Looking back in retrospect, I was so anxious that it seemed like I was stubbornly insisting on wearing clothes that did not match. The company was also against it at first so, I was worried. Even if I were to put aside the worries of my own acting ability, I was also thinking if I should be presenting myself as the role of Dongshik in Haemoo when I would still continuously be a part of a group known as JYJ. I had no other doubts except those. Dialect is a worry in itself but at the same time putting on a seaman’s costume and makeup while having to show a natural appearance, it was uncomfortable and I was anxious,” he confessed to us calmly.

Park Yuchun’s doubt and sincerity were laid out all at once. Truth is, he did not come to the post-ceremony reception where all the award winners gathered. I was curious about the reason why did he not appear so I tried to ask. And I came to form an idea out of it.

“As an actor, there are times when I feel unconfident. Even these days I have nightmares and when I awake, I realized what I dreamed of was that there were staff, other actors and everybody were there and they were doing actions but I could not do anything. I was stammering. Then, I woke up. It was frightening. In the beginning, it was a situation in which I was not able to do anything, and that was acting, then I learned to get use to that situation. Even then, there are times when I still feel afraid when standing in front of the camera. Sometimes, I doubt whether or not I’m putting in the right emotions while acting and that is scary.”

2014121701002155900133571.jpg~original

So, that is why Park Yuchun said that as an actor he feels uncomfortable to be at the celebration venue. “Do I really need to celebrate? Actually, it’s also partly because not many people from the Haemoo team came. Like what Miss Kim Youngae of ‘The Attorney’ said about her regrets in the movie, ‘Cart’ when she received the award, that’s how it is for me too. The more I watch ‘Haemoo’…I feel that there were parts which could have been done better.

As he recalls about ‘Haemoo’ he pitched in a word and that was, ‘Exhausted.’ “It’s not that I’m tired but my concentration was worn out. Particularly in the stowaway scene in ‘Haemoo’ which took a fortnight to film. My concentration was exhausted during the filming of that scene.” We can feel how immersed he was when he was filming ‘Haemoo.’ On top of that, the great teachings which he had learned from ‘Haemoo’ was brought up.

“In preparation for ‘Haemoo’ there were times when we drank in the middle of the day. We ate dried pollack soup on Level 3 and many times, to avoid smoking in front of the director and other sunbaenims, I went down to Level 1 to smoke. After doing this for several times, the sunbaenims told me, “Don’t do this.” After that I could sit at the same table as the sunbaenims face-to-face to drink, smoke and I realized that the sunbaenims like it too. That’s when I got to know. When I was young, whenever there were seniors around, I am concerned about everything [T/N: his actions and behaviors]. Then now, I learned about the way to converse with the director and sunbaenims politely. I also got to know something as important as that.”

He also pulled out an episode from the past. “There was a time when I first filmed ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal.’ At that time, I had to memorize the script thoroughly. Even though I’ve prepared everything, the thought of ‘I need to do this well’ was very strong. However when I went to the scene, I found myself not being able to do anything when things progressed slightly differently. No matter what I was doing, I was having a hard time. So starting from ‘Rooftop Prince’ I tried to better match the breathing of my counterpart [T/N: to be more in sync with his co-actors/actresses]. Then, I discovered that reading the script alone as opposed to reading it with co-actors/actresses is very different.”

2014121701002156200133601.jpg~original

Myself and the sunbaenims also had this kind of dream when shooting ‘Haemoo.’ It will be great if ‘Haemoo’ will be screened during the public holidays. It will be really awesome if after about 10 years, when the whole family would suddenly turn on the TV together and ‘Haemoo’ shows. I had that thought.” But since it is a ’19 and above’ movie, it will not be slotted into a family time slot and Park Yuchun says, “It should be shown during the wee hours,” and laughed.

Not long ago, he took the staff on a spontaneous trip to Haemoo’s filming site. “All of a sudden we went to Geoje Island once again. I missed the sea and the street vendor there. We went to the restaurant where I used to go when filming. I went there after a long time, so I was even given Sulju (pine alcohol).”

After the Blue Dragon Awards ceremony ended, all the people involved discussed about one thing. Do you know Park Yuchun? The fact that he won the award completely through his acting only…It was not through his fandom or by appearing in a blockbuster. I wanted you to know the fact that he won the award by portraying the character of Dongshik. Of course, this result is not a pride but a qualification for an actor who is doubtful.

Article by: Reporter Kim Gyeoul

Source: Sports Chosun
Translated by: @yochwennie
Shared by: JYJ3

Updates here: JYJ CAFFEINE: JYJ News: Week of 1/5-1/11/2015 (Will Update Continuously... http://jyjcaffeine.blogspot.com/2015/01/jyj-news-week-of-15-1112015-will-update.html?spref=tw

Yuchun updates his Weibo SNS!!!

[1/9:#Yuchun 's weibo update]Halli Galli I am the best!very funny~ 
via Sallylin_6002

weibo.com/parkyucheon#_rnd1420769057389 
B630ryrCUAEqqs-.jpg

B630rysCcAAWw0b.jpg

class="entry-title"[REVIEW] 150105 The Austin Indie Film Examiner’s Top 10 Best Festival Films of 2014 January 8, 2015 · rilanna

[…]

photo 1846107549_d06d21a5.jpg

6 “Sea Fog aka Haemoo”- South Korea’s official foreign language submission to the 87th Academy Awards, “Sea Fog” tells a gripping story of a fishing crew trying to make a risky voyage on a ship that is slowly falling apart. Despite the gloomy and bleak feeling throughout the film, director Sung Bo Shim’s “Sea Fog” provides just enough hope along with its cinematic beauty to make this film stand out as one of the year’s best.

[…]

Source: Examiner
Shared by: JYJ3

Archived