Dramas you WOULDN'T recommend?

Guest NS Yoonji

Guest iheartyou1518

I've noticed that there are Goo hye sun fans here.. I'm sorry if i offended anyone it's just that it's the only drama i've watched of her.. so i've made that comment. 
on the other note, my sister watched When a man loves up until episode 8, should i tell her to just drop the drama? :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaewon fan

jaewon fan said:

guccigal said:Can You Hear My Heart - so boring

jamaatunrohmah said:

Everyone hates Gu Hye Sun. I am not the only one. Doesn't she have another facial expression than the one she ALWAYS show everywhere on the screen?

Sorry to cut your post.

Gu Hye Sun was perfect in Pure Heart/Hearts of 19.  I love that drama.

But I agree, she sucked big time in BOF.  I really tried to hang inthere for her but got disgusted all the time with her acting.It's so over-exaggerated.  I bet you the director told her to do all those facial expressions.

@guccigal  , it's more sounds like , You mention  CYHMH as boring , because  @jamaatunrohmah love it ,  she don't like Gu Hye Sun which is your bias , so, you just want to throw back the stone that she thrown on you. =)) You should have mention May Queen instead of CYHMH, it would be more convincing.  :)) :)>-

Sorry if it came off like that.  Didn't mean to. :)

Haven't watched May Queen yet coz some people said it's boring, so been pushing and pushing it.

I love Kim Jae Won like you, ever since I saw him in My Love Patzi... so in love.  His voice, sigh...

He's having a new drama soon!  Hope it's a good one.

If base on the story CYHMH is a lot better than May Queen, but it depends on your preference. I like dramas with light concept , that's why i prefer CYHMH. May Queen started great but the story was drag to long, went back and forth without direction and The female lead character was badly written. If they made it shorter, the story had good potential ,It's not boring but it makes you so angry... Even you want to stop watching, it's like teasing you to stay just to know how it ends. I want to fly to Korea and struggle the writer for all the mess he did on the story. It ends well but it couldn't make up for the frustration i had through out the series.

I barely manage to finish it because of Kim Jae Won oppa and Kim Yoo Jung.. sighh...

ksthrnlghts said:

Not in any particular order

Royal FamilyShut Up Flower Boy Band

Take Care of Us Captain

Dream High 2

Protect the Boss-Still Better than some of the others mentioned

here

Fashion King

Boys Over Flowers-Over rated,when I started watching Korean

Drama 2 years ago this series was mentioned as a must see.

The Musical                  

Dr. Jin (I wish the whole plagiarism

scandal with Faith didn’t happen-that Dr. Jin didn’t exist.  Instead, I wish Faith had been produced as it

was originally intended. Faith was a series that had a lot more potential.

When A Man Loves Woman

Wild Romance

You're right about Faith because had that not happened, Philip Lee would have had a much bigger role than what the ending result was. Faith was good, it's one of my top dramas but that whole Dr. Jin scandal just ruined what would have been a much better drama. I enjoyed Boys Over Flowers. but as I said Gu Hye Sun made it terrible. I blame the director because I know she's a good actress, but erg! They made her super annoying

What's this scandal about?

Hmmmm.....dramas that I won't recommend will be..... On top of the list is Fashion King & second will be When A Man Loves Woman. I hated the character played by Shin Se Kyung. She is pretty though but the character she played in both dramas are the same. Her character is so boring on how she is unable to make up her mind in anything she do. If she finally made a decision and she will eventually end up confused and sway from what she wanted. I don't know whether she will stay like that in When A Man Loves Woman but in Fashion King....she totally stay undecide throughtout her whole character. So boring.... :-w :-<

Big - I kept waiting for it to go somewhere with the plot, but it spun into nothing.  A Big Disappointment.

Feast if the Gods - Wacko/sick family dynamics and Stupid plot - what a waste.

Boys over Flowers - overrated teen angst and such with a bunch of really stupid scenes.

Faith - zero chemistry between the leads and a very stunted story of what could have been a great story.

Dr. Jin - Main lead is a lousy actor (bug eye expression every few scenes)  and a comical plot.  Could have been good with a tighter story and a better lead.  As is, is only worth as a spoof.

Guest jamaatunrohmah

Big - I kept waiting for it to go somewhere with the plot, but it spun into nothing.  A Big Disappointment.

Feast if the Gods - Wacko/sick family dynamics and Stupid plot - what a waste.

Boys over Flowers - overrated teen angst and such with a bunch of really stupid scenes.

Faith - zero chemistry between the leads and a very stunted story of what could have been a great story.

Dr. Jin - Main lead is a lousy actor (bug eye expression every few scenes)  and a comical plot.  Could have been good with a tighter story and a better lead.  As is, is only worth as a spoof.

It seems we have similar taste in kdrama.

- Big was okay until ep 14. I chose to believe it ended there. The rest 2 episodes were nightmare.

- Feast of the Gods. I watch first 10 episodes then skipped to last episode. The only thing i like about this drama is the food galore. Can never stand a long drama except CYHMH.

- Faith. What the hell they did to lee phillip? At least give us the "fake" body of that doctor on the day he's dead, please... No need to see his face. Just a convincing scene. Blah.

- BoF. Didn't like it from the start. Just took a glance a second or two whenever I saw it on TV. The only thing i like is Yijung - Gaeul couple. :D

- Dr. Jin. I think this drama has quite potential conflict between Yonghwi and kyungtak without involving the- whatever his name- doctor. I dropped it in ep 5. Poor Jae Joong, I like him but neither his drama or movie is good (except postman to heaven)

Guest robs1430291557

Awe come on, BOH may have been a mess, but is was a fun mess. I still get a kick out of it because it was soooo over the top. And I thought Gu Hee Sun said her one main piece of dialogue great, (scene after scene, after scene), "Sunbae!"......LOL

Guest robs1430291557

laquetahodge said: robs said: Awe come on, BOH may have been a mess, but is was a fun mess. I still get a kick out of it because it was soooo over the top. And I thought Gu Hee Sun said her one main piece of dialogue great, (scene after scene, after scene), "Sunbae!"......LOL

Guest robs1430291557

laquetahodge said: nobuyukijohnson said: I didnt really like the korean version of dr jin so much, but i loved the japanese version. In the japanese version the gisaeng lady looked like his girlfriend not his assistant.

I dislike any drama that bows to the fans and adds a 5 years after epilogue in the last episode so that everyone is living happily ever after.  SKKS, BoF, etc.
I rarely don't finish a drama that I have started, but Secret Garden I had to drop the lead actor made me ill.
Faith wasn't really worth it, history was all wrong and there was no chemistry between the leads.

@laquetahodge The only aspect (I can't say thing) that made Dr. Jin watchable was Lee Beom Su, but I am biased. By the way, the idol's acting was better than the lead actors' acting. I don't usually like idols in dramas and it was the same for this one, but at least he was better than the other two "pretty faces".
You can't compare Faith and Dr. Jin. You are at least offending the cast. 

alynne said: I dislike any drama that bows to the fans and adds a 5 years after epilogue in the last episode so that everyone is living happily ever after.  SKKS, BoF, etc.
Well i hate bad endings on dramas, so im not trying to watch 20 eps of a good drama then at the end both of the mains end ep freezing to death or being hit by a car and  die. dont wanna watch that kinda stuff so a 5 year epilogue doesnt seem so bad to me.
I rarely don't finish a drama that I have started, but Secret Garden I had to drop the lead actor made me ill.
Faith wasn't really worth it, history was all wrong and there was no chemistry between the leads.

I normally hate the rich jerk chaebol characters, but hyun bin was very funny to me he actually had me laughing and i have a calm stoic demeanor. I didnt like faith cause it seemed that i was just watching  kidnap victim fall more and more in love with her captors until she lost all common sense. Who the hell would wanna stay in the past no matter how "handsome" the guy was? He probably didnt bathe everyday and i dont think they had toothbrushes and definitely not toilets. 

wwoooo! Just finished reading page 1 - 11. hehe :)Since I already read all of the posts here, I'll post my list...
DO I REALLY NEED TO SAY WHAT'S NO. 1 ON MY LIST??? LOL.
Fashion King - two words... EPIC FAIL! I patiently watched it because of Yoo Ah In and because I wanted to see how would they wrap up the story. I also hoped for happy ending at least. As I can think of a different ending. But the writers chose to have a tragic ending. They killed YAI's character, without even showing the regrets of being greedy. Also, Yoo Ah In and Shin Ke Kyung did not have chemistry at all. They didn't even have romantic or happy moments together (just once I think). The acting was great but story was a crap! They both wasted their talents on this, and I also wasted my 3 days watching it. Such a big disappointment. X(
Playful Kiss - Jung So Min's character (Oh Ha Ni) is likable and pure hearted, but she never had any pride or self respect when others put her down. Even worse, Kim Hyun Joong's character (Baek Seung Jo) was just plain mean and condescending to Oh Ha Ni the whole time. Most kdrama guys start out mean and arrogant, but they usually learn and grow and have a change of heart. This just never happened for him. I can't even remember if this drama had "twist". Don't know why it was aired here. (It Started with a Kiss was better)

Ice Girl - By just the story itself, you would not want to watch it. It was so so so unrealistic! (Synopsis: Before the marriage to fiance, a young lady Kim suddenly suffered a heart attack. She was moved to her father's hospital, but her father Dr. Kim was not able to save her. So he took her body and froze her until he could find a way to save her. And 25 years later, in 2005, she is revided. But she cannot remember her fiance. And she falls in love with her ex-fiance's son.) See...

Ireland - I love the leading man, Hyun Bin, but this was not really a good drama for him. Can you imagine a girl who was raised by Irish parents in Ireland can speak Korean fluently? And the Irish mom with the American accent? Oh come on!

Boys Over Flowers - The ending was a disappointment for me. I wanted, I don’t know, something more? We've had two remakes of this story already, They should have changed the ending. At least made it more interesting. This was the reason why I am not a fan of LMH. haha! I don't like his acting (hope I wouldn't be killed by his fans. :-SS ) Meteor Garden was way way better than this!
Sungkyunkwan Scandal - I watched this because of Joong Ki Oppa. :\"> The story was interesting. I enjoyed the overall of the drama. Their acting was good but not best. I liked their concept of "girl power". But they rushed the ending. The four main casts didn't even had time together at the last part (I was hoping for that.) They did not explain/show how Yoon-hee (Park Min Young) became a teacher at the university. I forgot what happened, but there were a scene that they did not show, a character just narrated it. That I had to read recap on Dramabeans just to understand that part. I was disappointed only on the last episode.
Coffee HouseI don't know why they came up of a story that's something about or happened in a coffee house but focuses on writting of a novel of the main character. I didn't get why Seung-yeon (Ham Eun-jung) had to be Jin-soo (Kang Ji Hwan)'s Secretary. If a story has another girl, it should be a love triangle, right? But he didn't even see her as a woman and I didn't get why she liked Jin-soo. For me, Eun-jung overacted. And Ji Hwan is way too talented for this drama.

I was planning to watch When a Man Loves. Thank God I got to read this thread before starting it, as you were saying that it was 2013's Fashion King. I pity Shin Ke Kyung that both of this dramas were hers. I actually liked her acting skills and she's so pretty.I'll post more if I can think of anything else.

( Thanks for those who will read this. 
;) )

I definitely disagree that THE INNOCENT MAN / NICE GUY is here. Not because it was Song Joong Ki, but I think the drama was really good. Even the ratings were okay. I like the story and the ending of it. The writers let the viewers think of what really happened, but it was still a happy ending.
I also disagree that Love Rain, Lie to Me, Secret Garden and Flower Boy Next Door are included here. I liked these dramas.
First part (1970's) of Love Rain was boring for other's, but for me, it was interesting. I liked how they made the "destiny and fate" of four people. I was impressed with how well JGK and Yoona played their two roles. They were able to show the difference in the characters and set it apart. You can easily pin point who’s from who without tracing any similarities in their attitudes or mannerisms in their acting.

Lie To Me was so hilarious but romantic. I loved the things that Hyun Ki Joon (Kang Ji Hwan) did to prove and show his love for Gong Ah-jung (Yoon EUn Hye).
Secret Garden is so unique. The story is so different, though there are some dramas about switching of soul. I liked how and why their souls switched (Ra-im and Joo-won). I loved Ha Ji Won's acting on this drama. I was convinced of she being a stunt woman. Action scenes were so cool. It was also very romantic. Even the fashion of Hyun Bin's character was so unique! His sweater... :))

What I liked on Flower Boy Next Door is the intention behind the story. I think this was for those who are experiencing 'bullying". It's a good inspiration for them. Their acting was also good. I liked how Park Shin Hye act like a lonely and innocent girl.

Hello everyone. Just discovered this thread and whoa, so everyone agrees that FK and WAML are bad- me too. My list?
1. Master of Sudy
2. Paradise Ranch
3. Lie To Me 4. Princess Lulu5. Queen of Reversals6. My Husband's Got Family7. Take Care of Us, Captain8. Temptation of an Angel\9. Temptation of Wive10.Thorn Birds11. Warrior Baek Dong Soo
@Ricca I fast forwarded lots in Ireland, Playful Kiss and Coffee House for exactly the same reasons as you. I just wanted to know the end, and that was it. Like you too, I enjoyed Love Rain, simply because I accepted it as a romantic love story between two couples and nothing else (not even love rivals) and I love how the story was told in an unhurried pace. BOF was the "original" flower boys and I got caught up with the hype and the flower boys of course and I enjoyed it on first watch. GHS is not one actress I like but I just put up with her, same thing I did with The Musical, which btw I do not recommend as well. With Take Care Captain, I watched only a couple of episodes.I love Nice Guy and with Secret Garden, I have mixed feelings. I loved the start but towards the end it lost me eventhough I love the other couple's story more. :D
PS I skipped Dr Jin eventhough I love JJ to death :)) and although I had my doubts on the pairing, I actually enjoyed and finished Faith (more for the King and Queen in fact haha) and I liked it more than Personal Taste (just to compare LMH's dramas). Just like in  SG and King2Hearts, although the main OTPs were cute, I liked the second OTP more. For me these three dramas' supporting OTPs shine more brightly to me.

Archived