Dramas you WOULDN'T recommend?

Guest NS Yoonji

Guest NS Yoonji

EDIT: FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST AVOID MEGA SPOILERS PEOPLE. Just because YOU are recommending not to watch something does not necessarily mean it won't be watched, so please don't give away every detail of the ending in normal text. Please use light coloured text for spoilers.
Looking at all the Korean dramas there are, I realized that it would be very hard to watch ALL of them. Throw in all the Japanese, Chinese, British, etc etc shows I would like to watch as well, THERE'S NO TIME. So instead of adding to my huge list of dramas to watch, tell me some dramas I should SKIP and save my time on? Try not to spoil them, though.

My three skippable dramas, so far, are Secret Garden, Boys Over Flowers, and Playful Kiss. I actually enjoyed all 3, but looking back I didn't think they were worth all the time spent. Secret Garden is twenty episodes long, and while there were some moments where I laughed really hard or cried a lot, a lot of it was just watching the characters being silly. Boys Over Flowers is the longest I've watched and I remember very little of it.. so that should tell you something. I only remember that SPOILER: there were two beautiful, eligible boys going for the main character and she ended up with the worst option. Playful Kiss was cute and fun at first, but for the second half it becomes the typical back and forth non-drama. It was basically just the main character being vague about his feelings towards the girl and her moping the whole way through. And it was PAINFUL how SPOILER the cutest, most lovable character who was totally into her just got ignored.
EDITJust wanted to add my 2 cents on a couple of dramas I've seen mentioned in this thread!

Big - A lot of people are saying not to watch Big. I can see where they're coming from.. I wouldn't exactly recommend it, because SEMI SPOILER you wait so long for him to switch back, then the ending doesn't satisfy you at all!! My friend actually dropped it half way through. But I thought it was really cute and I enjoyed most of it, so if you're curious about it it might be worth watching.
Mary Stayed Out All Night - I thought this drama was pretty cute.. It wasn't my favorite and SEMI SPOILER it did leave a few things unresolved, like the gorgeous boy ending up with nothing! but I'd rate it a step above the pool of "I hate him!-why's he following me?-I kind of like him-why do I have to like him?-oh he hates me-maybe he likes me-not he hates me-" dramas.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nauna

Here's a few that weren't worth the time I spent watching before dropping it like a hot potato, or suffering through to the end for some inexplicable reason: Dr. Jin, Spy Myung Wol, Marry Me Mary, Big, Lie to Me, and How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor I'm sure there's more, I'm just choosing not to remember them! [-(

Guest robs1430291557

Where to start? I will keep it very short to a few: Big, Pink Lipstick, I Do I Do. What is needed is a thread of over rated dramas or dramas people recommended, but you hated.

Guest nauna

samara34 said: Feast of Gods, May Queen, Warrior Baek Dong Soo.The three of them have the main male/female lead loving the wrong person for too long ^^
Oh and Civil Servant (bad plot and bad pairing)

Guest sicknine

We should make a poll and let the people to vote it :))
Drama that I wouldn't came across to my mind when people asked me.
1. Fashion King (I watched it until finished without skipping any episode. I don't give a damn anymore on how the story supposed to developed and just laughed and ranted in a funny way so I will feel less stressful for it. It doesn't even talked about fashion at all. All I can see is money money money!)
2. Dr.Jin (lacking of explanation why did it happened. Fetus in a brain? What is that for? Lack the originality of Dr.Jin Japan)
3. To The Beautiful You (It's funny I admit and it wrote by High Kick writer (who love Korean sitcom will know him) but it lacked the originality of Hana Kimi. Besides, Minho looks like a boy next door for me. I can't see him in TTBY and actually I forget that he's a main male lead in it.)
4. Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. (I actually tried to watched it but never passed two episodes.)
5. The Moon That Embraces the Sun (I know it has very high rating but it didn't woo my heart :(( . Sorry TMTETS fans)
6. Iris 2 (I like the first season but couldn't continue with second season. Maybe I just missed Lee Byun-hun and Kim Tae-hee in Iris :(( )
7. Dream High 2 (I like the first season but not the second. It just turning into Glee Korean version and I dislike it. Singing and singing in the show make me sleep) 
8. Miss Ripley (Can you imagine yourself seeing a young woman make love with an ahjusshi? If you can watch it.)
Just my personal preferences. No offences to fans of drama I mentioned above.

Definitely "Ooh la la Couple" and "All About Marriage".  Those two had the flattest endings and some of the angriest comments I've ever seen.  You had to kick yourself and ask "How many hours did I waste watching this stupid drama?"

Guest snowflakesj16

Definitely Fashion King, it had  so much potential to be a good drama at first but alas the writers chose to turn the drama into an overly-tragic one with no direction. Such a pity to Yoo Ah In's talent.

Guest tabitha2

again, hundred year inheritance:. repetitive, annoying characters.

secret garden-it is just overrated to me and I could not stand hyun bins character

flower boy  ramun shop-I just could not get past 3 episodes. and I really tried.

Fashion King a big mess,watched it only for Lee Je Hoon till the end...It's was king without the FASHION...The same with When a Man Loves,i gave it a shot because i love Yun Woo Jin but the story is not my still,i'n not a fan of the main guys actors at all,i don't like their characters at all as well so i gave up...Paradise Ranch because i coudn't focus to much because of Changmin acting,story not so great...Romance Town,strange show....Posseidon,It's Okay Daddy's Girl....Midas...IRIS 2,i liked it,the ending sucked so it's so-soI Think the ones that watch based on some recommandation should take note that everyone may like or not what other posted(I liked I Do I Do,loved the heroine)so u should see what dramas appear the most in the BAD category and avoid itBUT NR.1 is still FASHION KING(u have now your crown)

Guest jaewon fan

sicknine said: We should make a poll and let the people to vote it :))
Drama that I wouldn't came across to my mind when people asked me.
1. Fashion King (I watched it until finished without skipping any episode. I don't give a damn anymore on how the story supposed to developed and just laughed and ranted in a funny way so I will feel less stressful for it. It doesn't even talked about fashion at all. All I can see is money money money!)
2. Dr.Jin (lacking of explanation why did it happened. Fetus in a brain? What is that for? Lack the originality of Dr.Jin Japan)
3. To The Beautiful You (It's funny I admit and it wrote by High Kick writer (who love Korean sitcom will know him) but it lacked the originality of Hana Kimi. Besides, Minho looks like a boy next door for me. I can't see him in TTBY and actually I forget that he's a main male lead in it.)
4. Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. (I actually tried to watched it but never passed two episodes.)
5. The Moon That Embraces the Sun (I know it has very high rating but it didn't woo my heart :(( . Sorry TMTETS fans)
6. Iris 2 (I like the first season but couldn't continue with second season. Maybe I just missed Lee Byun-hun and Kim Tae-hee in Iris :(( )
7. Dream High 2 (I like the first season but not the second. It just turning into Glee Korean version and I dislike it. Singing and singing in the show make me sleep) 
8. Miss Ripley (Can you imagine yourself seeing a young woman make love with an ahjusshi? If you can watch it.)
Just my personal preferences. No offences to fans of drama I mentioned above.

Guest maea18

To The Beautiful You, is just uhh.. i tried to watch it for the sake of Lee Hyun Woo.. but i lost interest when i first watched the pilot episode...the whole cast is X( Big & Fashion King do i really have to elaborate it? :))actually there's alot i can't even remember many of the dramas now..
this is just me okay? :)

Guest sicknine

@jaewon fan Even I didn't finished May Queen, I consider it as so-so drama. It's still watchable because of Kim Jae Won in there. Just the 38 episodes was too long for me :))
I just don't like ending of Big. Lack of ending explanation :((
I even love Level 7 and pretty shock when people said they don't like it. Maybe I'm a big of 2PM Chansung so, I like it. LOLOLOL. Kind of bias here :))

Guest jaewon fan

sicknine said: @jaewon fan Even I didn't finished May Queen, I consider it as so-so drama. It's still watchable because of Kim Jae Won in there. Just the 38 episodes was too long for me :))
I just don't like ending of Big. Lack of ending explanation :((
I even love Level 7 and pretty shock when people said they don't like it. Maybe I'm a big of 2PM Chansung so, I like it. LOLOLOL. Kind of bias here :))

Guest sicknine

@jaewon fan I don't know what is wrong with it since I didn't followed Level 7 discussion in here :)

Archived