[MOVIE JAPAN 2003~2005] あずみ AZUMI 1 & 2 (DEATH OR LOVE)

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

UETO AYA, ODAGIRI JO, KURIYAMA CHIAKI, NARIMIYA HIROKI, OGURI SHUN, EI
azumi1.jpg

azumi.jpg

azumi12.jpg

Azumi あずみ 소녀검객 아즈미 대혈전 (2003)

Starring: Aya Ueto, Jo Odagiri, Chiaki Kuriyama, Hiroki Narimiya, Shun Oguri, Naoto Takenaka

Director: Ryuhei Kitamura

Genre: Martial, Action

Runtime: 128mins

Production: Toho

Distribution: Sponge

Language: Japanese

Azumi begins the film as the only girl among 10 warriors who have been trained from childhood by Jiji, a gray-bearded samurai. One day, Jiji tells them they must pass a final test before they embark on the mission they have prepared for all these years. He pairs them up, and, only five survive, including Azumi. Led by Jiji, this small band descends from the mountain that is the only world they know. Their mission, we learn, is to stop a nefarious plot to unseat the current shogun, Tokugawa Ieyasu, by the supporters of Hideyori, the son of deceased warlord Toyotomi Hideyoshi. In other words, they are out to prevent a civil war of the kind that devastated their own families before Ieyasy wrested power from his rivals at the battle of Sekigahara in 1600 and imposed peace...

azumi2.jpg

azumi2au.jpg

azumi2ua.jpg

SOURCE : あずみ

あずみ

あずみ

あずみ

あずみ

Guest suedbee

i've seen only azumi 2 and didn't like it that much. it was okay. :)

i like aya ueto and shun oguri so i suppose they were reason enough for me.

a lot of the action sequences were entertaining but nothing stellar. the gory parts were kinda funny. the worst aspects for me were the costumes and the plot itself. azumi was wearing a tie-dyed towel for crying out loud. and the storyline was kinda... lame. maybe cuz it's the sequel...? i'm willing to give the first azumi the benefit of the doubt though. but maybe that's again cuz of aya and shun. :sweatingbullets:

sorry, Lana, i haven't been helpful. :ph34r:

I thought for sure Ginkaku was going to be Nachi in part 2. I like both Azumi 1 and 2. It's really good.

Azumi is playing by me. What a coicidence. Is it worth seeing?

The actions are a little similar to Shinobi(if you've seen it already)... and maybe the plot line. honestly, I like Azumi more than Shinobi.. it's just me though

Guest VersusVillain

I saw the first Azumi film a couple years ago, I really liked it. Ryuhei Kitamura <3

I haven't seen Azumi 2 yet though, I don't like that they switched directors. :( Especially when they got the guy who directed the horrible film Pyrokinesis to direct it! ><

• 10 months later...
Guest theanonymousafro

Azumi is one of my favorite movies. I didn't like Azumi 2 as much though. One thing I thought of later about Azumi (1) though is some of her comrades were defeated a bit too easily.

• 6 months later...
Guest Demllequ

my friend loves this movie! he fell inlove with aya uteo and he totally loved her for his HSC visual arts major works were nothing but sketches of the scene in this movie.

Archived