[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SexyDolceVita

They should have a scene where the servants in the Kang's House gather up and gossip...

=))

Hahaha you mean ala Downton Abbey style?

Hahaha brilliant suggestion!

You tickled me!

Haha. If I was a servant at the Kang's House, I would definitely not just close my mouth, instead I will talk about it with my own family...and then you know...once you tell someone something, rumors travel like the speed of light! :P  I will make sure the horrible treatment that the daughter in laws received will get out there somehow...because I'm sick of all the other civillians thinking that since the girls married into a rich house, they have everything. It would be fun to see the servant gang up on the Kang Family...but back to reality. They are paid to do their job...and I guess it is very hard to chose the right thing to do especially when a powerful person can just fire you... but I still would love the gossip scene among the servants! haha

Guest SexyDolceVita

Ji Hye case study...or how to waddle up s.h.i.t. creek on your own free will. 'Lo que natura non da, Salamanca non presta' (What nature doesn't give, academic centres don't lend)

I do not have an ounce of respect for that woman (talking about the character NOT the actress so don't come hollering at me)  She was shown the path to heaven and the path to hell both really early on; when she could've done something about it without messing her life and everybody else's aswell. I've read quite a few comments about how spineless Taewook is, I guess God makes them, and the devil brings them together.  For Ji Hye is not only spineless, she's gutless too.  I suppose the only thing she has plenty of is greed. Greed for bags and cars and haute côture, and doesn't flinch at the abuse dished out, if at the end of the day she can sport brand names from head to foot.  Greed that overshadowed and killed any self respect or love anyone should have for oneself.  She deep down didn't even regard what supposedly she loved so much, her career as a writer. People have choice, and her choice was spelt clearly out at the beginning, she chose what she chose...she made her bed, now she has to sleep in it.  And don't come blaming others such as your husband, woman. He's poor in spirit, but you knew, it was revealed (a long time into the relationship admitedly) but before you sealed your fate. So now your health is also in the line? That's the price greed tolls you with.  Hyun Woo doesn't deserve a witless bimbo.  I do hope that he can make something good out of that designer who adores him.  

Urm...i think ji hye has already mentioned she didnt marry tw because of the bags, haute couture and car...in episodes fifteen and sixteen!

It was not greed that got her into kang family!

It was her sense of duty as a daughter, younger sister, a girlfriend, a fiance, and a human being who values other people's opinions of her more than she thinks of herself.

She thought she could naively continue her original lifestyle as promised by tae wook before their wedding.

But she didnt realise how powerless tae wook is towards the forces and control of his parents after their wedding. All of tae wook's words turn into ashes in front of his parents. What can she do? She couldnt divorce straightaway because it would mean she didnt give her best at this marriage yet, so she endured and gave her best to respect the elders throughout that one year, thinking maybe things would get better and they would be less harsh with her as time goes by...

But no, things seem to get worse no matter how hard she tried, so she felt trapped in this marriage when she finally realised she cannot hope for better times to come anymore, it is useless to expect anything out of this twisted family...

Yes ji hye has to bear responsibility for her choices but i think tae wook is a huge accomplice in that too.

A msg for tae wook...Dont promise what you think you can give. Promise only when you have something in your hands to give. That is the moral lesson i live by...these days. Dont give out blank cheques like writing pages of diary.

Lol, going to love the confrontation of hw/tw. Im certain that jh is at the ends of her ropes with him and his fam.
Obtw I just love how hr just stood up to fil!? He thought he could control hr. Starting to like her character! I think meeting her ex and realizing his state that yes she forgot her old self and the warm he gave her.

SexyDolceVita  I understand what you are saying; I also understand that painting Ji Hye as I have done is somewhat callous and it hurts. But see, I believe Ji Hye is just words.  Pretty much the same as Tae Wook and his failure to deliver promises.  She 'didn't marry for riches' yet that's the only tangible thing surrounding her.  Very early on she did say to Hyun Woo that she didn't have much respect for the male species save for her dad, the one important thing for her was her writing. I'm pretty certain she knew deep down that that one thing had a short life span once she married into that family.  I mean, it wasn't hidden that she was waited on by her future sister in law, who had been prior a famed anchor or reporter.  So to me, she didn't even respect herself that way. I believe she is using that sense of duty to cloak her true nature...or; are all those people she 'did it for' be content, proud or happy if she ends up meeting an early death or mad as a hatter because 'she went and sacrificed in true filial piety'? I can't believe her.  Basically I think she's lying to herself first and foremost, and then to the rest of the world

Guest ailskdrama

Thank you for the clarification and sorry for missing your post. Viki sub for ep 25 translated differently

The former meaning.

My mistake...please dont repeat it.

Direct translation from korean.

In other words, you please dont repeat my mistake of marrying the wrong person.

Check my earlier posts, i wrote a post specifically on that last scene in episode twenty.

almost word for word translation.

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/26357017/#Comment_26357017

The problem that I've always had with TW pushing JH to marry is that it seems like he thought marrying her would be the end of his problems.  Marriage is never the end, it's just the beginning.

It's a given that a person going into a marriage brings along their personal 'baggage'.  (Everyone has some 'baggage'.)  Yet, marriage, itself, brings new and additional 'baggage'.  For that reason, marriage is the beginning of a life with a boatload more of 'baggage', not the end of anyone's problems. If TW thought that his problems would be over once he married JH, he was naive and unrealistic. 

And, it takes the combined effort of the couple, in handling well or resolving or letting go of the baggage to make the marriage viable.   Otherwise, it is divorce time.

Also, the most important and revealing key factor of a couple successfully working on their marriage is definitely shown by JS and her husband.   And, that key factor is that  they always, always maintain respect for the other person, as a human being.  JS nags at her husband, he gets exasperated with her.  They push and pull each other's buttons and chains.  Their conversations may be vitriolic. Her comments may be biting.  However, they never go to the point of destroying the other person's dignity, which is why their marriage is still viable.

Guest adniRose

TW willing to divorce so easily...?? so suspicious....is he really mean it or he just wanna make JH feels guilty and all...but i want to scream this to JH; Song Jihye plzzz say YES to this divorce and run far far away from Kang family and dont ever looking back..!!!!

Guest SexyDolceVita

FM http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201309221339010310

Yeah hyun woo looks calm...and confident...but look at tae wook's smirk...his eyes are menacing!

Guest SexyDolceVita

How many illegitimate children did Kang Tae Jin had? He's dirty dirty dirty #%@#$%^.. I feel sorry for all of his kids.

How can he live with himself. Ugh.

:-w

He just needs his manhood in order to live...

If he is punished to be a enunch...hahaha i think he will kill himself!

Guest SexyDolceVita

I think this is deliberately set up by the writer to minimise taejin's power within his family.

If he has a son, kang man ho will give him a bit more respect.

Taejin would also use his son without hesitance to gain favours from his father.

By giving taejin a straight succession of daughters renders him nothing more than a loaded boar who goes around sowing his seeds with any moving living thing of the opposite sex.

He has to bear alimony fees for all of his daughters who do not get to inherit sin young group eventually...it is a losing endgame for him anyways...

I was watching TW closely this episode. Trying to understand his character. In many episodes, he portrays a selfish, possessive, and harsh individual. He fights for his family's honor, and places his wife's needs in the back burner. He seems fearful of his parents, and unfortunately can easily dismiss his wife's concerns. But in this particular episode at the hospital, I could feel his love for JH. His heartfelt worries for his wife was real. Also, TW was kind and respectful toward JH's sister as he listened to her criticize him and his family without provocation. I was touched by how TW acknowledged JH's pain right before he gently kissed her on the forehead, and told her to go with her sister to recuperate and to eat well. He, in the meantime was going to go home and pack some of her belongings, and join her later. Wow! Am I actually feeling a pinch of respect towards TW? :D

Guest SexyDolceVita

I was watching TW closely this episode. Trying to understand his character. In many episodes, he portrays a selfish, possessive, and harsh individual. He fights for his family's honor, and places his wife's needs in the back burner. He seems fearful of his parents, and unfortunately can easily dismiss his wife's concerns.

But in this particular episode at the hospital, I could feel his love for JH. His heartfelt worries for his wife was real. Also, TW was kind and respectful toward JH's sister as he listened to her criticize him and his family without provocation. I was touched by how TW acknowledged JH's pain right before he gently kissed her on the forehead, and told her to go with her sister to recuperate and to eat well. He, in the meantime was going to go home and pack some of her belongings, and join her later.

Wow! Am I actually feeling a pinch of respect towards TW? :D

Yeah i was a little touched...by the holding hand, keeping vigil by jh's bedside, forehead kiss....but later it was doused by tw's shocking discovery of hw's msgs in jh's cell phone...

What is tw going to do now?

Dirty tricks again?

Sigh...

Kim ji hoon must be thinking finally a kiss scene with nam sang mi since episode eleven...wahahaha...even though it is a forehead peck...but...better than no skinship yeah?

Guest SexyDolceVita

Imagined conversation between hyun woo and tae wook.

Tw: we meet again. (Extends hand to hw)

Hw: yes (shakes tw's hand firmly)

They both sit down to chat.

Tw: im not going to beat around the bush. How long have you been contacting ji hye?

Hw: what?

Tw: when was the last time you met ji hye?

Hw: im sorry. But does ji hye know that we are having this meeting?

Tw: please answer my question kim hyun woo shi...im not going to repeat myself.

hw: sigh... is there a misunderstanding?

Tw: no. I just want the truth from your mouth.

Hw: what truth?

Tw: the truth that you are still keeping in touch with my wife since a year ago.

Hw: no...it is not like this tae wook shi...

tw: i think you should call me kang comsa. We are not friends.

hw: sigh... kang comsa. I dont know what misunderstanding you are having now regarding ji hye and me. It is not what you think it is. We are just friends, that is all. The last time we met was at chamtamdong. I bumped into her drinking at the restaurant alone. She was obviously upset over something to be that drunk.

Tw: so you two drank together that night?

Hw: no...she left in a huff in a taxi. We merely spoke to each other, that's all. I hope you do not misunderstand ji hye.

Tw: it is not her im worrying about. It is you kim hyun woo shi.

Hw: we didnt contact each other until couple of months ago, if that is what you want to know. We bumped into each other on the road, at a red light junction. Then we had coffee. After that, ji hye shi bought me dinner to inform me that she was leaving for america soon and said farewell to me. That was before the last time we met.

tw: what fate you two have...

Hw: i dont know how to explain this...kang comsa. Is ji hye alright?

Tw: of course she is alright. What problems do you think she would have?

Hw: no...just that the last time we met, she appeared to be upset with her life...so that is why im worried about her as a friend.

Tw: ji hye is well. And just to let you know, ji hye was the one who asked me to contact you and meet you. She wants me to tell you not to contact her anymore, not even via phone call or sms.

Hw: i see... is she not writing radio scripts anymore?

Tw: no, she wants to focus on our family now. We are planning to have a baby as soon as possible. So i hope you do not contact a married woman anymore. Do you know not any morals?

Hw: i...didnt mean to intrude on ji hye shi's life.. please do not get me wrong. To be frank and to make you feel more at ease with this situation, i am in fact engaged now. I will be getting married soon this year, so please be rest assured that i do not have any intention to bother ji hye. I am just being concerned as her friend.

Tw: i dont care if you are thinking as her friend or if you are engaged or married. Just please leave ji hye alone.

Hw: im sorry if i have caused you and ji hye any trouble. If this is truly the message ji hye wants you to pass to me today, i get it now. I will not contact ji hye anymore.

Tw: good.

hw: however, i really hope you are providing a happy life for ji hye shi... please make sure she is living in happiness now.

Tw: of course, she is my wife, she is already living in happiness. I think i have had my say here. I hope you'll remember and keep your promise... just leave ji hye alone from now on.

Tw stands up.

hw stands up and nods his head, as tw nods his head and walks off.

rosesinbloom said: I was watching TW closely this episode. Trying to understand his character. In many episodes, he portrays a selfish, possessive, and harsh individual. He fights for his family's honor, and places his wife's needs in the back burner. He seems fearful of his parents, and unfortunately can easily dismiss his wife's concerns. But in this particular episode at the hospital, I could feel his love for JH. His heartfelt worries for his wife was real. Also, TW was kind and respectful toward JH's sister as he listened to her criticize him and his family without provocation. I was touched by how TW acknowledged JH's pain right before he gently kissed her on the forehead, and told her to go with her sister to recuperate and to eat well. He, in the meantime was going to go home and pack some of her belongings, and join her later. Wow! Am I actually feeling a pinch of respect towards TW? :D

Guest SexyDolceVita

Thaila said: rosesinbloom said: I was watching TW closely this episode. Trying to understand his character. In many episodes, he portrays a selfish, possessive, and harsh individual. He fights for his family's honor, and places his wife's needs in the back burner. He seems fearful of his parents, and unfortunately can easily dismiss his wife's concerns. But in this particular episode at the hospital, I could feel his love for JH. His heartfelt worries for his wife was real. Also, TW was kind and respectful toward JH's sister as he listened to her criticize him and his family without provocation. I was touched by how TW acknowledged JH's pain right before he gently kissed her on the forehead, and told her to go with her sister to recuperate and to eat well. He, in the meantime was going to go home and pack some of her belongings, and join her later. Wow! Am I actually feeling a pinch of respect towards TW? :D

Archived