[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

Guest NEWMARIO

Nationwide/Seoul@20130817
AGB
SBS :  Goddess of MarriageEP15:   10.0%(+0.4) /  10.6%(+0.3)
MBC :  The ScandalEP15:   16.5%(+2.1) /  18.2%(+2.0)

CR: AGB Nielsen Korea

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NEWMARIO

Nationwide/Seoul@20130817
TNmS
SBS :  Goddess of MarriageEP15:   10.8%(+2.2) /  11.9%(+1.7)
MBC :  The ScandalEP15:   13.8%(-0.7) /  15.7%(-1.1)

CR:TNmS Media Korea

Guest SexyDolceVita

Wait...did TW tell JH he wanted to move away? LMAO - I really should wait until subs are 100% before I comment on something. Now I DO feel bad for him.  :\"> :P

No he told jh he feels ashamed of his family and now jh has seen all the vile behaviour of his family members, he is afraid jh will feel like she has eaten rat poison by choosing to marry him. Tw is worried that jh will leave him. She is not living in happiness, she is just trying her hardest. That is what worries him the most.

Jh tries to console tw by saying she will not be like that. She told him she will try her best to make sure her decision is right. She says as long as they try harder, their problems will be solved, meaning her job problem and tj political ambitions.

She encourages tw that they both should work harder together and everything will be okay in the end. It will all pass...

Sigh...yeah right!

A couple of months more, jh will finally pull the plug. And tw's worries will come true. Even tw knows deep within his heart that jh will never accept his wacko filthy rich family.

I have always thought fil is a wise and understanding man,why is he going back on his word in next episode and furthermore, requests jh to quit her job and join his company? My god, what job can she do in his conglomerate? Help him hide secret funds?

This family is beechoso! (You know what it means!)

Guest SexyDolceVita

Good episode. I'm satisfied. :)

1. HW running

2. HW swimming

3. HW showering

4. HW playing basketball

5. HW confessing his regret for letting go of the woman he loves.

FM LSW DC

I luv the showering part the most. Lsw has a lean yet muscular body but not too muscular like arnold.

Although i feel he should tighten up his abs to make them look more defined like kjh's. Lsw just needs to work a little more on his abs. His biceps are quite perfect though...

When he is in the shower, i cannot help but think he wishes jh is in the shower with him... hahaha.

If only lsw and nsm are together in real life after this drama ends. Nsm will turn out like song hye kyo who is able to capture her male co-stars' hearts...not once but twice! Although both relationships led to nowhere...

Anyways, just saying i prefer the showering scenes compared to swimming scenes. And i think the scriptwriter has heard lsw fans complaining that there was no shower scene after he went jogging in a previous episode. Tada, here's the shower scene for lsw fans....

If TW knew about his family why the hell did he force her into marrying into it....when he "foretells" the divorce that just screams,"self fulfilling prophcy" to me.
Tw is worried about his family driving her away then why the hell make her suffer then....telling you tw doesn't love jh he only wanted a posession. Though he may show signs that he cares, but i don't think that is the case....he's trying what im praying for the big divorce....which i think tw is going to reluctantly give but only after he realizes that its his family doing.
Do i blame tw yes because he forced jh to do things she really didn't want to do but most of the blame is on his parents.
Anyone else praying or hj to really screw it to her in-laws like me?

My grandma (from mother side) is that type of "mother in law". She dislike all of her daughter in law, as well as son in law (my dad). As her granddaughter, I am embarrassed for her actions.. but there's not much that I can do but to suck it in. Sigh. Strict Asian family...I don't have the power to do anything. The only difference is that she's not that rich. If one of my family members (uncles/aunt) read this post (which is a never), then he/she will get me in trouble for it ... haha.

On another note, I'm waiting for the episode to get sub..but I kinda got the idea of what is gonna happen by reading through the comments.

what if JH was to be real in love with TW as TW mother ask her to quit her job or force her to lose her job,will she divorce him? I have watch alot korean dramas were the mother in law was worst than TW mother, I don't see those women want to leave their marriage because of that, they even stay in marriage begging not to leave.I feel sorry for TW ,for marrying such a pain in the neck,who set out to course him pain,hope the writer will not make TW to suffer anymore, because of that woman.

Guest kimbo39

Kim Ji Hoon's acting is flagrantly lacking. He is simply unconvincing, particularly when he tries to come across angry and disgusted with his family. I catch myself laughing when he tries to deliver dramatic lines. He was not a good choice for this role, and is best suited to play lighthearted comedic characters.

There are other mother in laws in other drama that are worst, but I guess TW mother is a devil herself in different ways. xD For ex, the mother in law from A Hunred Year of Inheritance...abusive and manipulative...also greedy too.

@nide4 That's a good question. If JH loved TW, would she still divorce him because of his family. Some woman would do anything for love, even if that means they will have to suffer because of their crazy mother in law. How sad. But back to reality, JH does not love TW...and TW knows that, yet he rushed the wedding, and she chose him. So I guess they also contributed to their own pain lol.

Guest SexyDolceVita

Kim Ji Hoon's acting is flagrantly lacking. He is simply unconvincing' date=' particularly when he tries to come across angry and disgusted with his family. I catch myself laughing when he tries to deliver dramatic lines. He was not a good choice for this role, and is best suited to play lighthearted comedic characters.[/quote']

Hahaha really?

Interesting to know your perspective...

Acting is a subjective matter.

Although i thought kjh was quite okay. Lsw has a more wooden type of acting, which im not sure if it is due to the script or his style of acting...

I havent seen lsw done heavy crying before, if there is a scene in other dramas like that, pls let me know, i wld like to see the range of his acting skills.

As for kjh, there were some korean tv reviews that mentioned he is surprisingly good in his prosecutor role in this drama.

Lee tae ran is good. Nsm is generally okay but she could be better in some scenes...

Eg. I find tw tickling jh while going to the daunting castle scene a little awkward. Was it meant to be like this or both kjh and nsm could be more natural in their quality moments together.

Otherwise, the hugging and consoling scenes are quite heartwarming though. Makes me want to root for them in that moment. Yeah, like a flash of thought that runs through my mind, maybe they can make it after all...

Guest SexyDolceVita

If TW knew about his family why the hell did he force her into marrying into it....when he "foretells" the divorce that just screams,"self fulfilling prophcy" to me.

Tw is worried about his family driving her away then why the hell make her suffer then....telling you tw doesn't love jh he only wanted a posession. Though he may show signs that he cares, but i don't think that is the case....he's trying what im praying for the big divorce....which i think tw is going to reluctantly give but only after he realizes that its his family doing.

Do i blame tw yes because he forced jh to do things she really didn't want to do but most of the blame is on his parents.

Anyone else praying or hj to really screw it to her in-laws like me?

I dont think hj will screw her fil...but definitely will screw her mil up...hahaha who should be sent to prison for helping to launder money...

That said i think teacher avenger nam will not be spared too in the end... however she might drag hj's younger brother into it. Argh...sinister characters irk me.

Anyways, in the end, tj, mil, teacher nam should all go to prison.

Hw might be framed, together with his business partner, by tj over the construction and hidden funds stashed away by tj.

Maybe that is when jh thinks is enough. She has enough of this crazy chaebol family.

Guest kimbo39

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." - Genesis 2:24
I realize that there is enormous, almost unbearable pressure on TW to be a dutiful son and accommodate his parents, but he (like many in this world) is completely missing the crux of marriage.
Marriage is about two people completely committing to each other, forging a life together that supersedes and is autonomous to all other earthly relationships. Parents are our own blood, but we had no say in the matter. In contrast, we consciously choose our spouse- we make solemn vows (before God and/or loved ones) to give all of ourself to the other, to respect and protect the other, mind, body, and soul. This social contract unique to marriage carries with it the understanding that there will be no other individual more important to me, including mom, dad, siblings, and future children.
TW was fully aware of how unreasonable and insufferable his family would be to JH. If he truly fathomed that marriage is about the two (and not outside agents), he would have either done the honorable thing and called it off or he would have made the correct (albeit difficult) decision to leave his family before cleaving to JH.
Of course there is no well in He** that TW got any such instruction regarding matrimony from his parents. It's more a of a business transaction and status symbol than anything else to the materially-enamored. This glaring lack of education is unfortunately commonplace in reality. Parents have the responsibility to equip their children with proper attitudes and expectations pertaining to marriage, and more importantly to set a good example.

Guest SexyDolceVita

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." - Genesis 2:24

I realize that there is enormous, almost unbearable pressure on TW to be a dutiful son and accommodate his parents, but he (like many in this world) is completely missing the crux of marriage.

Marriage is about two people completely committing to each other, forging a life together that supersedes and is autonomous to all other earthly relationships. Parents are our own blood, but we had no say in the matter. In contrast, we consciously choose our spouse- we make solemn vows (before God and/or loved ones) to give all of ourself to the other, to respect and protect the other, mind, body, and soul. This social contract unique to marriage carries with it the understanding that there will be no other individual more important to me, including mom, dad, siblings, and future children.

TW was fully aware of how unreasonable and insufferable his family would be to JH. If he truly fathomed that marriage is about the two (and not outside agents), he would have either done the honorable thing and called it off or he would have made the correct (albeit difficult) decision to leave his family before cleaving to JH.

He has grown used to chaebol lifestyle, so i dont think he will have the guts to leave his family.

I think mil might have a stroke when news of their money laundering reach the press. That is the time hj will have her payback...hahaha....

Guest kimbo39

^^^Oh I agree, but if he doesn't have the guts to leave, then he surely isn't ready for marriage. Too bad he didn't have a strong figure in his life to point this out to him.
It's a shame that JH's father has been in the dark about the true nature of TW's household- what father would want to give his blessing to a man who will place family above wife (his daughter)?

As I am reading all your comments on TW and the MIL, I am wondering when this crazy writer is going to say "all hell break loose".  We are going to ep. 16 tomorrow and this drama is suppose to 32 episodes (please correct me if I am wrong), and all we have seeing so far -  marriage, fight between father-son-DIL, MIL giving the order to have JH quit her job, money laundering, HW getting drunk, and introducing new girl, stupidgirlwhocan'tspeakenglish and stupid reporter having an affair and finally the wife leaves home.  So shouldn't we be seeing a light at the end of tunnel soon?  :-SS :-SS

So hopefully we can see this tomorrow - maybe ms. writer????  ^:)^ ^:)^

Archived