SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Have anyone mailed them their audition clips using post before?

I want to mail them by post but little info about it, only got email auditions :(

When you all mailed your clips, are there any application form?

or did you like, type out your particulars yourself?

Eg:

name:

date of birth:

Like that? :o

And if i were to mail them shuld i write on a blank piece of paper my profile?

lol

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ellush

Have anyone mailed them their audition clips using post before?

I want to mail them by post but little info about it, only got email auditions :(

When you all mailed your clips, are there any application form?

or did you like, type out your particulars yourself?

Eg:

name:

date of birth:

Like that? :o

And if i were to mail them shuld i write on a blank piece of paper my profile?

lol

You fill in your info, like name,age,gender,speciality,nationailty,ethnicity,current schoolyear,your school, phone nr, adress, cellphone nr.

It is better to email it, posting it may be bad, since your letter may not be recieved by SM. It is easier,faster and more secure to email it:) you can find the emailaddress at SMtown.com

Guest Ellush

I just wonder some things:

1. Does SM really treat you that bad as everybody say? Is it true that they train you to perfection and treat you so much that at the end, you'll end up almost hatin music and singing/dancing instead of loving it. They break you down and take away every thins of love and happiness that you have for music and performing....is that really true?

2. Is it also true that, not to mention the headman of SM ( Lee SoMan), the other trainees and artists are pretty cold as well. There is no family feeling at all, like YG.

3. If you don't debute...then you have totally wasted all 2-8 years of training. Is that so? I mean, imagine moving from the US, training hard and then not even debuting...is there no garantee that you'll debute at all?

4. What is really the diefference between YG/SM/JYP? Is SM worth fighting for?

Finally, a quick question:

5. If you have like a soft, not so powerfull soprano voice, which company suits you best? What music style suits you best? Pop, R&B or Hip hop?

Sorry for bothering you all with these questions- please don't kill me for asking so much again!!- but please reply soon.

Guest Munchkins

I just wonder some things:

1. Does SM really treat you that bad as everybody say? Is it true that they train you to perfection and treat you so much that at the end, you'll end up almost hatin music and singing/dancing instead of loving it. They break you down and take away every thins of love and happiness that you have for music and performing....is that really true?

2. Is it also true that, not to mention the headman of SM ( Lee SoMan), the other trainees and artists are pretty cold as well. There is no family feeling at all, like YG.

3. If you don't debute...then you have totally wasted all 2-8 years of training. Is that so? I mean, imagine moving from the US, training hard and then not even debuting...is there no garantee that you'll debute at all?

4. What is really the diefference between YG/SM/JYP? Is SM worth fighting for?

Finally, a quick question:

5. If you have like a soft, not so powerfull soprano voice, which company suits you best? What music style suits you best? Pop, R&B or Hip hop?

Sorry for bothering you all with these questions- please don't kill me for asking so much again!!- but please reply soon.

1. Uhm...no.

2. No. A lot of the artists and groups that debut from SM are actually pretty close. They always take pictures together backstage during shows.

3.Yes, technically, it would be a waste. But with all those years of experience, they may end up hiring you to TRAIN new trainees so that the money they spent to train you won't go to waste. There is probably a 10% chance, at the most, you're going to debut from any entertainment company.

4. YG focuses more on Hip-Hop and R&B style of music and they only scout people with real talent. SM focuses more on Bubblegum Pop style and they're known for only taking in young people who are good-looking. JYP is probably somewhere in the middle of those two companies. Focusing more on the passion for singing and performing. They're all good companies. And they're extreamly hard to get into.

5. If you don't have a powerful soprano, R&B would probably be out for you. Most R&B songs have that one note that not many people can reach, even with training. Pop would be the best choice for that kind of voice. But then again, pop is hard to sing, even if it sound easy. I would think...JYP? YG and SM are pretty strict on what they like and want to hear/see. JYP, not so much.

Guest Ellush

5. If you don't have a powerful soprano, R&B would probably be out for you. Most R&B songs have that one note that not many people can reach, even with training. Pop would be the best choice for that kind of voice. But then again, pop is hard to sing, even if it sound easy. I would think...JYP? YG and SM are pretty strict on what they like and want to hear/see. JYP, not so much.

Yes...but as a trainee for JYP...you'll most likely never debute...:( I mean, honestly..they have like 4oo trainees and only five groups/artists have debuted.

But anyway, so SM is a good company, with good members and they treat the trainees in a good way(well, as good as you can treat a trainee, and at the same time be strict and give them hard work and education)?Is there anyone in SM that has a voice that fits the song "Missing child" by IU? 'cause thats kinda the voice I have..exept that it sounds very awkward when I singXD (maybe because I feel really awkward and embarassed when singing..-.-) But still...TRAX and F(X) arent really bubbelgumpop, right? anyway,anyway so you think that SM is worth trying being a trainee..?

Guest Munchkins

Yes...but as a trainee for JYP...you'll most likely never debute...:( I mean, honestly..they have like 4oo trainees and only five groups/artists have debuted.

But anyway, so SM is a good company, with good members and they treat the trainees in a good way(well, as good as you can treat a trainee, and at the same time be strict and give them hard work and education)?Is there anyone in SM that has a voice that fits the song "Missing child" by IU? 'cause thats kinda the voice I have..exept that it sounds very awkward when I singXD (maybe because I feel really awkward and embarassed when singing..-.-) But still...TRAX and F(X) arent really bubbelgumpop, right? anyway,anyway so you think that SM is worth trying being a trainee..?

Well, before thinking about what's going to happen after you get in, why not just audition?

There's no point in worrying if you don't know if you're even going to be a trainee, right?

TRAX and f(x) aren't really bubblegum pop, but, f(x), SNSD, SHINee, etc started off with it, making them really popular from the start. Yes, SM treats their trainees well, like any other company. But if you slack off, they can just kick you out or lecture you, making them seem mean, I guess? It all depends on your own determination.

Also, if you feel akward ande embarassed while singing, you should fix that before you audition. The worst thing you can do at the audition is seem completely akward and not confident.

...JYP doesn't have 400 trainees..how would they pay for all of them? Lol...

Guest spiceshoe

Hey, I'm sorry for suddenly dropping in, but I have a few questions.

Last December, I sent them my audition files (through e-mail), which I uploaded to MF (bad choice. I didn't know much then D=)

Two weeks later, they replied saying that they haven't received my audition files nor my contact info.

Subj: S.M. Entertainment

Hello,

Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, Without your demo files or video clips, we are unable to evaluate your talent and potentiality. Please send us an email with your scanned pictures and demo files attached. Following information also should be included. Thanks for your application again.

1. Name / Sex

2. Ethnicity

3. Nationality / City

4. Category being applied for

5. Height/ Weight

6. School / Year

7. Contact Information (1) Phone (2) E-mail (3) Homepage

8. Address

9. Miscellaneous Information

Audition Manager

So, I've sent in more e-mails, again with links to my files (I'm using a free Yahoo! e-mail acc, so attachments can't be above 25 MB T.T)

It's been 6 months already, 7 e-mail entries (and questions about them receiving my files or not), and one air mail (I didn't know what I was thinking. I figured since they didn't receive my e-mails, I decided to air-mail them).

But, no, no reply D=

Could it be that they rejected me? But being a professional company, rejecting without any notice beforehand is not a professional thing to do.

So I'm wondering, is there anyway to contact them? Instead of e-mailing 에스엠오디션 <smaudition@smtown.com>, that is. I looked it up in the website, and it says that domestic people have to send their e-mails to <audition@smtown.com>, while overseas people have to send their entries to <smaudition@smtown.com>.

Thank you for your help =)

Guest Ellush

Hey, I'm sorry for suddenly dropping in, but I have a few questions.

Last December, I sent them my audition files (through e-mail), which I uploaded to MF (bad choice. I didn't know much then D=)

Two weeks later, they replied saying that they haven't received my audition files nor my contact info.

So, I've sent in more e-mails, again with links to my files (I'm using a free Yahoo! e-mail acc, so attachments can't be above 25 MB T.T)

It's been 6 months already, 7 e-mail entries (and questions about them receiving my files or not), and one air mail (I didn't know what I was thinking. I figured since they didn't receive my e-mails, I decided to air-mail them).

But, no, no reply D=

Could it be that they rejected me? But being a professional company, rejecting without any notice beforehand is not a professional thing to do.

So I'm wondering, is there anyway to contact them? Instead of e-mailing 에스엠오디션 <smaudition@smtown.com>, that is. I looked it up in the website, and it says that domestic people have to send their e-mails to <audition@smtown.com>, while overseas people have to send their entries to <smaudition@smtown.com>.

Thank you for your help =)

well...it sounds like they have marked your letters as spamm and havent seen them. You should have sent so many letters/mails. They recieve a hundreds of mails every day and of course it will take time to read and watch everything. You can only send one mail in 3 month. If you keep sending mails after mails all the time, then they will just ignore you since they think it is just spam. I think you should wait 2 month before sending anything again. 'cause um...they way you are doing it...it wont lead anywhere... Srry. But try again after 2 month. Or you can just change email address and send it again ...but...I dont think you can change name on regular airmail. Wellwell...good luck!

Guest spiceshoe

well...it sounds like they have marked your letters as spamm and havent seen them. You should have sent so many letters/mails. They recieve a hundreds of mails every day and of course it will take time to read and watch everything. You can only send one mail in 3 month. If you keep sending mails after mails all the time, then they will just ignore you since they think it is just spam. I think you should wait 2 month before sending anything again. 'cause um...they way you are doing it...it wont lead anywhere... Srry. But try again after 2 month. Or you can just change email address and send it again ...but...I dont think you can change name on regular airmail. Wellwell...good luck!

Actually, I waited 3 months before sending the second one, though. The rest was just spam then =P

Okay then, thank you for your advice ^^ I appreciate it, a lot. =D

Guest lannalor

i have a question...i heard that SM entertainment is very strict....well is it??? oh..and if you live in the US..where can you audition?

Guest something-like

ummmmm one question....

isnt it usaaudition@smtown.com? and not smaudition@Smtown.com << i thoght this one was for people in korea

Guest Munchkins

i have a question...i heard that SM entertainment is very strict....well is it??? oh..and if you live in the US..where can you audition?

All entertainment companies are strict when it comes to auditioning and training. If you live in the U.S., you can audition at their LA weekly auditions. It's every Saturday from 3-6, I believe. Go to their website for more details.

Guest -Tiffanyx333-

Hey, new to this thread. :) Just wanted to ask you guys about JYP, DSP and SM auditions... Did any of you succesfully sent an application via the JYP audition site? I find JYP's audition method a little messy. As for sm entertainment, after lesser than a day, I got an email from audition@smtown.com saying this:

S.M. Entertainment

Hello.

Thank you for sending us your pictures and video clips. We would like to offer you a chance to participate in one of our global auditions, but the dates of the audition have not been set yet. We will let you know when the audition schedule has been set. Thanks for your application again.

What does this mean? THey are interested? Haha... that email really confused me... And for DSP auditions, how can I audition for DSP? Really hope to get an ans soon! :)

Audition Manager

Guest something-like

Hey, new to this thread. :) Just wanted to ask you guys about JYP, DSP and SM auditions... Did any of you succesfully sent an application via the JYP audition site? I find JYP's audition method a little messy. As for sm entertainment, after lesser than a day, I got an email from audition@smtown.com saying this:

S.M. Entertainment

Hello.

Thank you for sending us your pictures and video clips. We would like to offer you a chance to participate in one of our global auditions, but the dates of the audition have not been set yet. We will let you know when the audition schedule has been set. Thanks for your application again.

What does this mean? THey are interested? Haha... that email really confused me... And for DSP auditions, how can I audition for DSP? Really hope to get an ans soon! :)

Audition Manager

from what i've heard, a lot of people have gotten that email, they'er just inviting you to global auditions, aka you didn't make 2nd round BUT its not a rejection letter either. Well, kinda is but they want to see more of you. So its like a half half thing

Guest Ellush

I just wonder one thing...can you sing the same song for the first two audition rounds? Or do you have to prepare a different song for each audition? Will it lower you chances if you sing the same song everytime?

Guest {minuhh

I wanted to try out for SM, but will I hear that Chinese and Koreans have a higher chance of getting in.

I'm filipino and chinese, is that okay, I look more chinese though.

And for the dancing do they still do a rhythm test?

Guest Ellush

I know I've been asking a lot if it really is worth it to join SM Ent. I really want to but after reading this, for example, I kind of got a bit insecure.....

In 2005, he debuted with Super Junior, and faced hardships even then due to his demanding schedule as well as the difficulties that come with being a foreigner. As many fans know, Hankyung even wore a mask for a period of time in fear of getting deported from the country.

Furthermore, Hankyung has suffered serious health problems as well. “My health hasn’t been very good, especially my stomach. Since my debut, I’ve had gastritis, so it’s been pretty bad.” He went on to explain that he has suffered excessive fatigue as a result. “It doesn’t matter what you eat or drink, you vomit. … Then your body lacks nutrients. The other organs in your body begin to slowly…” Hankyung trailed off and shook his head with a small frown. “It’s not very good.”

“I go to the hospital with my mom and get traditional Chinese medicine,” Hankyung continued. “Every day, my mom makes me drink. Sometimes I forget, or if I leave home, then she gives me a big bag of medicine.”

Hankyung also talked a bit about his experiences with SM Entertainment. “Well, I can’t say it was unfair,” Hankyung revealed during the interview, and thought for a moment. “If you like what you’re doing, it’s not like everything is going to be fair.”

and also that DBSK lawsuit...what do you guys think?

Guest Munchkins

“If you like what you’re doing, it’s not like everything is going to be fair.”

Enough said. (:

Korean entertainment companies aren't like American ones so it's to be expected that it's going to be a lot different. But if you don't want to audition just because of these lawsuits and crazy rumors, that shows a lot about how determined you are to be an entertainer.

Guest Mausoleum

^^ Additionally, the mask thing is a big misleading.

Korean law has restrictions about where non-citizens (i.e. foreigners) with working visas can perform. This is NOT something that was SME's fault, if Han Geng had joined JYP and they'd attempted to perform with just a visa then the same sort of thing would have happened. I'm actually rather surprised it was even legal for him to perform masked. People always use this to talk about how irresponsible SME is, but that's not really the case...

And about the health thing. You think the American industries aren't like this? ALL performing industries take tolls on people's health... Of course, I can't say that the contracts SME has are the same as the American ones, but there are lots of problems in the industry here as well, with people getting problems with their health and also as a result of dieting and over exerting themselves. Seriously, it's just something you have to consider, if you're super successful, then there will be problems with lack of sleep, etc.

If you don't love singing/acting/dancing/whatever enough to not even TRY to audition (seriously, don't think about joining, just think about auditioning first. I love how so many people ask about plastic surgery and money and stuff and then never even bother to audition) then maybe you ought to consider a different career...

Guest Ellush

Dont talk with that tone, please. -__- FYI I have already auditioned (email of course, since I live in Europe-.-) And I just wanted to be sure about what I am heading into. To be honest, I don't give a crap about the contracts etc. I can live with singing for 13 years! 8DDD In fact, that would be a dream come trueXD but what I am most worried about is that thing with the health. Does that happen to all artists? I mean, that you get gastritis and can't eat anything without vomiting up again? (Iuu...that sound really scary and gross)Isn't there anything you can do to prevent those things? I mean, Goo Hara says that she used to bleed a lot from her nose because of fatigue, DBSK says that they ónly sleep 4 hours and fatigue and now Hangeng with that scary stomageproblem....

Isn't there anything you can do to live healthy, yet as a hardworking singer?