SM AUDITION - Washington D.C.

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jin91: yeah...they're gonna have finals on the same day ^^

Damn :mellow: that sucks. That means once you try out they're gonna tell it to your face whether you made it or not. That really sucks

Then if you do make it you have to stick around for another frackn 5 hours - ___ -

Guest mini.mango

gahh..im still debating on whether to go or not...

but does anyone know where this audition place is?? like do you guys have a map or something??

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

^the location address is posted in the first post ^^

also...i think one of the reasons that new yorkers were only able to try out with one thing was because of the number of ppl...my friend auditioned and he got there and 4 o'clock...he was number 438 O__O

so yeah...i highly doubt that we'll have the same amount of ppl cuz that was new york...and this is virginia we're talkin about...

i think houston only had like 90-ish ppl...

whew~ good ^____^

want to show them all i got hehehehe

oh~ by the way add me onto that meet up list ^___^

kept forgetting ~

think its good to have people to talk to before to calm ur nerves down =___=

Guest joonhyung

oh the time is from 3-8? my friend told me it was at 1... ahhh =(

and also does anyone have any information about the festival that's being held?

Jin91: yeah...they're gonna have finals on the same day ^^

0.0 seriously? like an outside audition? i wanna know where and when.. lol....

I really hope SM won't be like.. racial in any way =T cuz im starting to think twice about going now since me and my friend don't look VERY asian =_= and the fact that SM is mainly looking for either korean or chinese people. I hope they don't be like "NEXT!" once we sing like 3 seconds o_O;; cuz of the way we look. My friend is really hoping to pass a round {she can sing, even my parents believe she has more of a chance than me XD} but like if they reject her cuz she looks more african american would be really sad :( like we wasted 4 hours of gasoline & time to get up there. ><

so ya if you see the oddballs @ the audition it's most likely me and my friend.

Guest xiahukno

^the location address is posted in the first post ^^

also...i think one of the reasons that new yorkers were only able to try out with one thing was because of the number of ppl...my friend auditioned and he got there and 4 o'clock...he was number 438 O__O

so yeah...i highly doubt that we'll have the same amount of ppl cuz that was new york...and this is virginia we're talkin about...

i think houston only had like 90-ish ppl...

VA has A LOT of koreans. its like this little community where EVERTHING is korean. all teh stores, restaurants, people... etc. don't think that since its not NY, VA wont have such a big turnout. VA rivals NY and LA in the korean population. not as much as to have a korea town but in a way, its already a korean town minus the korean street names. trust me... i've been to VA (not alexandria though... more fairfax where DBSG mickey is from and his little brother lives) and i'm expecting a HUGE crowd. maybe not in teh 400s... but maybe around 200-300 people.

the finals are on TAHT day?! why do SM NOT tell us these things? like please.. be the credible record label you guys are and inform us of every detail that auditioners should know.

ok... from all the replies i've heard... im not going to make it bc i'm fat. clearly they wont even look at me. this sucks. i'm not even going to persuade my ride to take me to the audition. i'm just going to ask and if she says no i'm just going to be like ok... and not go.

as for the people driving from NC... if you have enough talent and looks, go for it. whether you are black or white or asian. the less asian you look, i think they like. bc stella i heard doesnt look asian. she looks mixed. and those people that look mixed, its like a rave and a new attraction now in korea. like daniel heny and that foootball guy and many others i dont know the names of. so if your mixed or look mixed, i think that gives you the upper hand. and if SM is the great company everyone raves to be, they would've picked up on that and recruited some mixed or look mixed people already by now; which they have already. stella kim.

AND SM signs some weird people. people that i'm like whjoa... no talent and then when they debut they are this like amazing marketing person/group. they seriously have midus touch. lol... they make these not so attractive/not so talented kids and turn them into talent/gorgeous looking people. so go for it. whereas fat people... minus shindong, i have NEVER seen them sign a fat/chubby person. whether they have sheer talent or good looks. i guess weight is something they cant change or battle with. idk.

and i think the whole point of this "global audition" is to NOT be racial. people are just picking at reasons they think they are not going to make it or reasons for not auditioning. the whole point of the global audition is to pick every nationality person they want. bc they want to market to asia and tehn america.

if this post sounds super negative... sorry. lol... i'm going to be a starving hermit until the audition... is someone making a sign or something?! rahter than screaming around the audition "soompi?" from the looks of it i think its only going to be like 5-6 soompi DC auditioners anyways. 5 days you guys... T.T

^

and those people that look mixed, its like a rave and a new attraction now in korea. like daniel heny

:unsure: I thought a lot of korean people didn't like mixed people cuz well they're mixed.

Same thing with him cuz he was mixed.

well I hope I'm wrong >_< cuz I need to be positive.

Thanks for the advice :D

aw man I didn't know Northern VA had that much koreans up there O.O {theres like no asians here except filipinos x_x}

Well I guess I have to leave REALLY REALLY early then x___x

Ya know about the whole thing about signing up fat people.. I don't understand why they won't accept them or anything cuz like a person can lose A LOT of weight along the way in training.

I'm kinda chubby =T I just need to lose 20 lbs in order to have a 'normal' weight >_> whatever. So ya I'm with you in the starvation mission as well xD

Guest haerimee

yeah it's true. northern virginia is supposed to be third in highest korean population. LA, NY, then nova. ^^ i think it used to be LA, NY, Chicago, but nova pushed Chicago out a while ago.

i'm probably not auditioning either cuz i'm too old i think. haha

Guest ginger

It's funny...but I got a pimple in the middle of my forehead a few days ago, and if it doesn't go away, I'm not going to the audition. I usually have really clear skin, and just having one pimple in such an obvious place makes me feel really self-conscious. Besides, I'm a good singer but I'm not a great/fabulous singer, and I don't think I can make it that far. We'll see, though. I still don't have a song prepared.

-ginger

Guest DreamKilla

Wow, I wish I knew about this site earlier. I'm new to this place, as in just joined this week and this is my first post. I'm in Chesterfield, VA. Right next to Richmond basically. I found out about the SM Audition a couple of weeks ago. A friend who's trying out in San Francisco turned me onto this site. You guys found out way earlier than me! I wish I had that time to practice and get better. At first, finding this board made me eager to go because I saw people were meeting up and it would be nice to do that rather than going alone letting your mind work out everything so you get gradually more and more nervous and scared. :sweatingbullets:

But then reading how hard it seems to make it, I have serious second thoughts. Haven't sung that much and I'm sure my voice is horrible so I thought I'd go out for dancer. I'm old being 20, not Chinese, Korean or Japanese and am sure people are going to be there who are amazing. But the last thing I want in my mind is , "What if?" So to me, I want to just go there, get it over with, let them tell me I suck and then leave smiling (pride and self-esteem severely hurt) knowing that I gave it a shot and know it's time to get better. If I just make it to the finals, that would be huge for me and I would take it as a success. I urge everyone to come out and try your best, no matter what you think the judges may want, not want, say or not say. We'll all feel better afterwards hanging out or cheering for the ones who make it.

Archived