[Movie 2013] Number 7 Room's Gift 7번방의 선물

Guest jjsweeter0211

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "Park Shin Hye thanks people for watching her film: over 5 million viewers

February 09, 2013 11:00 am dkrogers

20130209_1360371682_38930700_1.jpg

Actress Park Shin Hye recently took a picture to celebrate her movie having over five million viewers.

On February 8, Park tweeted a picture with the comment, “The movie Gift in Room 7 snatched up over five million viewers! Thank you for coming to see the movie even in the cold weather! Have a happy New Year with the movie.”

In the picture, Park is smiling and holding two notes in her hands. They say, “Gift in Room 7 received over five million viewers.” “Let’s keep going! Will you come to see the movie?”

People responded: “The movie was great.” “I will go to see the movie again.” “Her handwriting is good.” “Happy New Year.” “Those of you who didn’t see the movie, you should see it.” “You will not regret it.”

According to the data from the Korean Film Council on February 9, the film has recorded 300,992 viewers on February 8 through 697 theaters across the nation and topped the box office. The film has so far recorded 5,273,975 viewers since its release on January 23.

Guest chenile

Hohoho..thank you @jjsweeter0211 :-bd :-bd for opening thread for this movie :x
I'm very curious about this movie..what made ​​everyone cry after watching this movie
unfortunately I do not live in korea :((

another k-movie that made me cry are
-wedding dress
-hello ghost

@jjsweeter0211 thank you for this tread  :)>- READ what said Kim KI duk 
“The GIft of Room 7” will give you the best gift. There is a lot of inner purification today. The Gift of Room 7” starts from Park Shin Hye & ends with Park Shin Hye - the recent most glamorous actress & perhaps South Korea’s top actress with unshakable position in near future! 7번방의 선물은 당신에게 최고의 선물을 줄것임. 오늘 가슴을 많이 정화시켰네요. 7번방의 선물은 박신혜( @ssinz )로 시작해서 박신혜로 끝난다. 요즘 가장 매력적인 배우로 아마도 조만간 우리나라 최고의 배우로 우뚝 설듯. - @soonmokim”

Golden Lion Awards winner - Director Kim Ki-duk (“Pieta’s producer and PD) praising Park Shin Hye’s performance in “The gift of room 7”

Translation by @Wintercherub

In case you don’t know what Pieta and who Kim Di Duk is

www.hancinema.net/-pieta-wins-award-in-t...ed-states-50922.html

Ryu Seung Ryong Says He Gained Respect from His Wife with ′The Gift of Room 7′

Ryu Seung Ryong is back as a mentally challenged man who cares so much for his daughter. Though he′s always known for taking up the most difficult roles, such as that of a foreign warrior, loyal subject and casanova, he confessed that this role was the most difficult of all.

He said it was because if he didn′t hold a definite standard, the character could become unrealistic, and even make it seem as if he was making fun of his own role. Still, Ryu Seung Ryong pulled through, helped on with his powers of observation and his endless memos.

His efforts shone even in the public′s eyes. His film, The Gift of Room 7, has been sweeping through the box office in a storm. Enews met with the man behind the success, who said he′s surprised every day at the reactions he′s been getting about the film.

64327370.jpg

"It feels great. Of course the audience numbers are important, but the comments are also so passionate and favorable that I′m surprised. The audience liked War of the ArrowsAll About My Wife and Masquerade, but the reactions weren′t this passionate."

In the film, he appears as Yong Gu, a man who is mentally challenged yet is made to live in jail after being framed as a murderer. What did this film mean to him, who is in reality the father of two sons?

"My sons watched the film and they said they cried so much. My wife came to see me with puffy eyes because she had cried so hard. She told me for the first time that she respects me. She always used to say ′you′ve worked hard′ or ′take care of yourself′, and it felt great to hear that she ′respects′ me. (Laugh) I actually don′t show I′m tired at home. I want to let my family see me act like it′s a present. It′s the kind of event only actors can put on."

75062163.jpg

This actor has rarely been paired with stunning, beautiful co-stars, but this time around, he met the best partner he could find, the child actress Gal So Won. She appears as his daughter Ye Seung. Ryu Seung Ryong, who has no daughters, said she was the real present for him.

"So Won had never even studied at an acting school, yet she was still great. We had to appear as a father and daughter that is really close, so we spent a lot of time together on set. She′s cute, like other children her age. It was great because she was really like the child she should be, and at times she would be mature and thoughtful. She even sent me a text, reading ′Merry Christmas, Dad′ on Christmas. It′s like I′ve gained a daughter."

Every theater in which the film plays is full of the sounds of sniffling. The Gift of Room 7 is that potent; Oh Dal Su, another cast member, once said he wasn′t able to read the scenario as quickly as he would have liked because he was busy crying over its contents. Ryu Seung Ryong also said it touched him deep in his heart.

"I didn′t cry over it because I had acted in it, but I think I would have if it had been executed by another actor. I held back tears for two scenes; the first was when Ye Seung took down her bag while she was waiting for her father who wouldn′t come, and the second was when she looked out of the window of an orphanage while it was pouring outside. I think I related a lot to So Won. (Laugh)"

92544241.jpg

Some criticized that Yong Gu was put through too many trials, that the movie forced tears by handing another harsh situation to a man who already leads a hard life due to his disability. Ryu Seung Ryong, however, thought differently.

"It may feel like a common storyline, to make audiences laugh then suddenly cry. It also feels a bit too melodramatic. Still, the reason I chose this piece was because I hoped others would start to look differently on minorities. We chose to abuse the character in the end, but ordinary adults also are hit with many unjust situations in their lives. Many fathers endure unfair situations for their children. Yong Gu represents that as a symbol."

Ryu Seung Ryong will be taking on the two biggest actors of the scene, Kim Yun Suk and Ha Jung Woo, with the film.The Gift of Room 7 premiered around the same time as The Berlin File and Run to the South.

"I haven′t seen either film, but I′m curious because I′ve heard they′re very well made. Since they′re great actors, I believe they′ll have fit in seamlessly. For some time actually, actors like us (?) weren′t able to lead in films. I′m happy because it feels like Yun Suk hyungnim (big brother), Jung Woo and I are adding to the diversity of Korean films. (Laugh)"

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwancr. http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=28706

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 19px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"[Fancam] "Gift From Room 7" VIP Premiere stage greeting

Guest jjsweeter0211

@chenile  @manka  Feel free to post anything , ether old or new as long as they are related to the movie :x and please continue to support this movie <3I hope more people will get to know about this movie :x
I'm so glad that this movie is doing very well and it is getting lots of praises :xWondering when we get to see this heartwarming movie. Probably a long wait!

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="date-header" style="font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; margin-top: 0.5em; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0px; position: relative; font: normal normal bold 100%/normal Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgb(136, 136, 136); min-height: 0px; "THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2013

[iNTERVIEW] Park Shinhye interviews with SportsNation

18d8bc3eb13533fa6d231918a9d3fd1f41345b6b

"It was short, but remarkable." Park Shinhye says of her role.

Korean movie 'Miracle in Cell No. 7' has caused a popularity whirlwind in the movie industry lately. But there is someone lacking on the movie's promotional posters - actress Park Shinhye who was well-known as one of the movie's lead characters. Why isn't she on the posters? Why did she choose to take the role despite such small appearances in the movie?

32fa828ba61ea8d3fd37f032960a304e251f58ea
To Park Shinhye, rather than being tagged with the adjectives 'actress' or 'idol' of the movie, she would like to think of 'Miracle in Cell No.7' as a 'gift' to her. 

Ever since her appearance in drama 'You're Beautiful' three years ago, Park Shinhye has been involved in projects that are mostly romantic comedies. But she finally got rid of that image in 'Miracle in Cell No.7'. Is having small appearances in the movie important? To Park Shinhye the answer is "No.". "What matters more is what impact my role has on the movie, and whether it can move the hearts of the audience."

1f178a82b9014a90a137df8ba8773912b31beeff
"I asked myself, can I really star in the same movie with sanbaes like Ryoo Seung Ryong? Can I? It is an honor to act together with him." Special cast member Jung Jin Yong is also known for his fascinating acting skills. Shinhye, who takes the role as law student Ye-Seung, had the chance to face-off Jung Jin Yong's role in the law court. 

4034970a304e251f9ff57dcea686c9177f3e5381
This was Park Shinhye's first time acting in a law setting, and she pulled it off with incredible acting skills. To learn the Law vocabulary, Park Shinhye met directly with Law School graduates to assist her learning. As the court scene calls for a long take, no mistakes were allowed during filming. 

c83d70cf3bc79f3decd27d06bba1cd11728b29d0

Park Shinhye invitied her parents to the VIP premiere of 'Miracle in Cell No.7'. Her parents, after watching the movie, said to her "You did a great job.". Her grandfather and father both called up their friends to tell them to watch the movie. 

The movie, which talks about a father's love for his daughter, is one that shows the power of a person's heart, is one that warms the hearts of many. 

http://www.shinhye.org/2013/01/interview-park-shinhye-interviews-with_31.html

Archived