[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

Guest colleenfh

@Arishia I have to agree with you about SS's mother's behavior, how can she in good conscience treat the girl she raised so horribly.  I agree with you about her being terribly insecure.  My question is why haven't the writers given her any degree of logical thinking?  If you were that concerned about your husband's faithfulness wouldn't your first step be a DNA test, that kind of black and white proof would go a long way toward alleviating your insecurities.  There is no semblance of logic in any of her behavior, I know they have her doing everything from an emotional response but still she should be getting to a point where she can think just a bit logically.   In this drama her character bothers me the most.

@Arishia and KQ188 I think you may be right about who SS's father really could be especially, when you consider how desperate MR was to make it in the entertainment industry.  I also read that article and I don't think the Korean entertainment industry is the only one to have such practices/problems.

As for JH and SS his feelings for her were showing throughout this episode;  he was angry at the audition, he was even more disappointed in the way MR behaved toward SS, he went to YA thinking she had something to do with MR's change of heart and finally he went to stop SS from being hurt any further.  The look he gave MR and YA said a lot about who has become increasingly important to him resulting in him dragging his girl away.  He really doesn't know how deeply he feels for SS, right now he just knows he can't leave her alone and that her success and happiness are important to him.  SS really has no idea about JH's feelings, for the moment she thinks this is what a manager does, protects his client.

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Beekinga I said it earlier today on another thread, so forgive me if you've already read it there: most of the time dramas don't depict normal cases but rare, sometimes even impossible cases, so don't form your opinion on the Korean society only based on dramas. This is the role of dramas and movies: to make the impossible become possible. So don't hate Korean women amd the Korean society too much. They are normal preople who spend their free time watching dramas, and because these dramas have hight ratings the production companies continue repeating the same intrigues. So you won't find mothers abandoning their children at every corner and you will probably not find more evil mothers-in-law than in your country, but these are the things that bting high ratings.

It occurred to me that perhaps MR does not think that SS is her daughter because she thinks that her own is dead? Maybe the no good manager of hers lied to her that her baby died and took her baby only to 'abandon' baby to CH, knowing that CH is a man with a big heart who would not abandon her? Otherwise how can MR be do cold and unfeeling? And thanks to @evok for the conversation between MR n CH, I think MR is not in the know about what happened to her baby. Btw, I too am getting so annoyed with adoptive mum. Let's get on and have more of how SS becomes successful, please and more about the couples!

Guest cinjin

I think JH's dad grew up in the same orphanage as MR. The way they are around each other, it seems like they go way back (I doubt it's because JH's dad is SS's father). In a previous episode, MR was talking to JH's dad at the restaurant and she said something along the lines of how both of them came from nothing and worked hard in order to get to where they are now. There was also another incident where JH's dad apparently mentioning taking over his father-in-law's hospital (not his father's). This was pointed out by someone else - the subtitles doesn't mention this though, so I'm not sure if it was mistranslated or the person who pointed this out misunderstood something. 

Guest KQI88

Very interesting...never thought that about JH dad and it makes sense. Assuming this is right, he dislikes MR because she not only knows his past but also is a remainder of were he cake from...good theory!

cinjin said: I think JH's dad grew up in the same orphanage as MR. The way they are around each other, it seems like they go way back (I doubt it's because JH's dad is SS's father). In a previous episode, MR was talking to JH's dad at the restaurant and she said something along the lines of how both of them came from nothing and worked hard in order to get to where they are now. There was also another incident where JH's dad apparently mentioning taking over his father-in-law's hospital (not his father's). This was pointed out by someone else - the subtitles doesn't mention this though, so I'm not sure if it was mistranslated or the person who pointed this out misunderstood something. 

Guest jjsweeter0211

"Lee Soon-sin is the Best" recovers dignity

Source | 2013/04/28 | 

photo304996.jpg

KBS 2TV weekend drama "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" reclaimed the throne.

According to Nielsen Korea, "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" rated 3.7% higher than the previous record, resulting in 23.0%.

"Lee Soon-sin is the Best" lost to MBC "A Hundred Year's Inheritance" on the 27th but reclaimed its throne after a day.

Song Mi-ryeong (Lee Mi-sook) found out that Lee Soon-sin (IU) was the dead Lee  Chang-hoon's(Jeong Dong-hwan) daughter and took her off the audition list, interfering with Soon-sin's debut.

Meanwhile, MBC "A Hundred Year's Inheritance", "Gold, Appear!", KBS 1TV "The Great King's Dream", SBS "Wonderful Mama" and "The Secret of Birth" rated 26.1%, 11.5%, 10.4%, 7.4% and 5.8%.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

Song Mi Ryung keeps clearing her throat.  In Drama-land' date=' that means that she will develop cancer in ten episodes or so.  THEN, she'll be full of endless remorse when she learns from a penitent Hwang Il Do that LSS is her very own daughter. [/quote']

@sobohomom2: you are hilarious! However I wont be surprised if it happens as predicted. =))

I really love this drama. I have never heard about IU or Jo Jung Sok before. I did not watch it because I was a fan but the drama is so good that I am fan of both - and many other cast members. It is just that good! Cant wait for Sat! :)>-

@Hannahmiriam  (By the way I don't know how to do the @ thing properly, so my way of citing people is rather an artisans work) 
It's not me hating...It's me thinking.  I remember way back when New tales of the gisaeng, that there were plenty complaints about different associations because they were not portrayed in nice and pleasant lights...the one that readily comes to mind is taxi drivers...that is why I ponder if women don't complain about being used as a standing 'joke' in the industry.  After all, men the world over, fart, burp, scratch their jockey briefs' clad bums, on the way to take the 'first leak'...but that isn't shown, is it?  No, we get six packs under sluicing showers, and drop dead gorgeousness all round.  Not fair, I' telling you.  Not fair.  ;) 

@ZarraJae, but if the manager knew she came from an orphanage, what's the point of handing a baby to a married man instead of taking it to the same place the mum came from.  I'm more for the plot where the restaurant' husband and yummy doctor's dad being the y chromosome in Sunshin(e)'s make up.  The way Sunshin has a good rapport with the restaurant daughter, and how she has feelings for the doc...and tops, how that mother is such a blabber mouth who doesn't know how to keep others secrets's quiet...those tend to end up getting double the dose of their own medicine.

@Beekinga You just write @ and the id, without any space between them (see @Beekinga ) and no additional character after it (not even a coma, even if the context asks for it) except for space, of course.
And the funny thing is that many dramas are watched by ajummas. If you were an ajumma would you watch a drama where the lead is as bad as the man you have next to you? Of course you'd want something better. :D Well, I would...
And wouldn't you feel better if the ajumma in the movie would be worse than you? Or would you prefer an ajumma who reminds you all your shortcomings? :D
Let's take, for example, MR. Beautiful, a celebrity, rich... and she even gets along with IU's character. Hey! Live is not fair! Why does she have to be soo... perfect?! Why is my life so bad? What have I done wrong? It's not fair...
SS's mother? Well, even though I think it's time for her to let go, I do understand her. The writers are going a bit too far with the drama, but I'm sure all the ajummas out there empathize with her.
So they have a too perfect one whom they can hate and a "commoner" whom they can understand and pitty.
Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I am not an ajumma... yet. :D

ıf JH's father is also SS father, that means JH is not his real son! (no one expect siblings love in a family drama :-O right!)  than this time we will gonna ask who is JH's real father!? :D

Like I said at one of my old post, ıf he is SS father that means JH is adobted child or only his father is his step father and he also knows it. Actually I think he would be his step father bc he dont like his father like other family members, they always argue and there is a distant between them. Also when I first saw YJ,I thought she is JH's step sister bc she was so sticky over him! Also we know JH had kept his family secret from Yun Ah! Why? like he is not seeing them as his real family!
:-?

Guest jiaxin1603

@evok I feel that Joon Ho's relationship with his father is bad due to him pursuing his interest in music against his father's wishes in the past. He left the house and even broke ties with the family as he insisted to pursue his music interest. During his music career, I believe he got to know Yeon Ah and she was a rising newbie actress at that point of time and they got into a relationship. Maybe because he broke off ties with his family so he got no family, thus there isn't a need to let her know. Then later on, his music career did not go well, and Yeon Ah left him for her own career, these sort of left a hidden scar for him. Though he now set up an entertainment agency, and his company is doing quite well and he went back to live with his family, his relationship with his dad not very good as his father doesn't like the entertainment business, which is why he opposed his wife to befriend with Mi Ryung, and his daughter to be an actress.

Archived