[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

@tiendoank said:

@ yukiyukiku

I use my 200th post to reply you... haha, you should feel honored! :))

In my opinion, SS might want to tell them, but she couldn't. Remember that when SS came home after disappearing, Ss heard the wrecky halmoni talking bad about her. She might want to sit down and tell them the truth and also say she's leaving them. But the situation is already so bad without her saying it. That's why she chose to put a "I'm fine, dude. I'm leaving you all" facade when she said she 's leaving. She chose the harder path, pretending that she's fine. But when she packed her clothes and YS tried yo talk sense yo her, SS seemed to get close tears. She almost chocked while smiling and talking. So, I believe that she wanted to tell them the truth, but the situation didn't permit her to do so. 

Plus, she might feel wrecked about herself. Being a useless person in the family.  Getting all the warmth and comfort, getting their share of rice. To learn that she didn't belong  to the family. 

Haha... that's what I feel. Sorry if my words are kinda hard to understand. . 

LOLdun worry...there's still be 300th 400th 500th...1000thby then you'll forget what was my 200th for...

yea...i see your point...maybe..maybe SS wanted to tell her adoptive family the truthbut, i don't think it's in line with her charactershe's more like someone who keep things inside to process it...then will probably spill it when it's timejust like when she knew when JA was not her bio mom, she run away from everyone and was alone thinking by herselfit will take her sometime to finally able & willing to tell her adoptive fam

when JH took her home to her adoptive family, she asked JH to take her to MR's house(i dunno koreans, so i could only guess based on their expression)he was surprised...but he did take her thereSS went in...talked with MR (was it this time or the other time when she told MR that she will live there??)it seems to me that SS decided to live with MR before she went home packingbut again...my memory blurr...i need to rewatch againkekekeke

oohh yaa...happy 200th  >:D

Yes. Ss is living with mr :( she said she had nowhere else to go... There goes my theory if her living with jh and family :((

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LoveSG said:

nananaaa said:

I feel like Mom JA's character is written so inconsistently. She keeps changing throughout this entire 33 episodes and i just can't guess what she's going to do next. One time she can be the sweetest mom and another time her actions don't make any sense. Mom MR's character is another inconsistent one. I can still remember how in the early episodes, she was this nice famous actress, treating SS nicely, mentoring SS and connecting with her... I felt so drawn to her admirable character (even despite her using SS to get IJ off acting). Nowadays, I just hate it when she is on screen and I just want to skip all her scenes.

Actually i think all the moms here including halmeoni are just THE WORST. I don't find any mom in this drama with decent character... except for maybe Hyesin. I rarely watch makjang-ish family drama though, so I feel like this is quite makjang for me. The writer must have some sort of bitterness towards moms or something, lol. I'm a mom and I can't relate to how the moms here are portrayed (JA, MR, Halmeoni...). Chicken Ajumma is incredibly annoying and as much as I hate her character, she's actually written pretty consistently, "in character", and being a mom of boy myself, *gasp* i can actually relate to her. Haa. :)

I remember on Ojakyo Brothers, although the mom did something terrible to Ja-Eun, her character was written really nicely and at least consistent and "makes sense".

JA is the sweetest mum ONLY to SS. She treats her so nicely that YS feels jealous... somehow I feel JA takes her daughters for granted. No matter how I treat them, they will love me and is part of my family.... and perhaps she is very afraid SS will leave her and that's why she treats her so well but in the end she learnt to let go. 

I am not a mother so may not be making as much sense as @nananaaa but I don't find the mother characters' inconsistency. They change according to circumstances and only then can one glean more of their true personality.

She wasn't so sweet to SS when she first found out about MR being SS real mom though. In fact, I felt like she was incredibly mean for a lot of episodes and treating SS unfairly, without thinking that everything is not really SS fault at all. That's where the inconsistency started for me. Just my 2 cents ;)

You have your point though. I also think she's being the nicest to SS because she has to protect and "defend" her somehow in the midst of YS and Halmeoni bullying her.

To be fair to ja she got a shock that mr is ss' mum who has had a past with her husband and she thought ss is ch illegitimate child. Thus her inconsistent behaviour - she acted according to circumstances :) but in the end she come to accept ss back as her owm ;;)

AlobAro said: meriting...?...

that answer is sadly rejected by the examination board... vague n smoky... though we get the gist of ur effort but we can't fully understand the idea n rationale behind the word...

our english are poor... english is the fourth common language in our country... pls excuse our lacking...

@LoveSG
taht's good. Let MR get all headache because she has to deal with the "strong,determined" SS. Let her experience the headache of dealing with stubborn kid, who doesn't want to be a "yes, ma'am " character.  Let her  rip her hair out from being frustrated. . Let her get all the wrinkle while learning how to raise a daughter.
then she will know.. how much gratitude and debts she owes to Lee fam..

@LoveSG

taht's good. Let MR get all headache because she has to deal with the "strong,determined" SS. Let her experience the headache of dealing with stubborn kid, who doesn't want to be a "yes, ma'am " character.  Let her  rip her hair out from being frustrated. . Let her get all the wrinkle while learning how to raise a daughter.

then she will know.. how much gratitude and debts she owns to Lee fam..

:-bd yep yep!!! Mr sees a reflection of herself to reflect on her actions - no pun intended.

*Hears tahiti molla molla now* ;;)

EDIT: now then I realize - thx to @tiendoank - mr thought it's easy to raise a child thus not as thankful to them?

Hehe, she really needs a tough lesson on parenting :))

Granted that Lee Mi Sook (MR) is a great actress, but maybe i'm the only who is wishing a different actress was given this role.

She just doesn't have that Mommy-vibes at all, more like the Wicked-Stepmom-of-snow-white vibes.

8-|

So i was suprised to see LMS profile, that she had been married and has a son, and daughter in real life.

:-?

Granted that Lee Mi Sook (MR) is a great actress, but maybe i'm the only who is wishing a different actress was given this role.

She just doesn't have that Mommy-vibes at all, more like the Wicked-Stepmom-of-snow-white vibes.

8-|

So i was suprised to see LMS profile, that she had been married and has a son, and daughter in real life.

Mr does not have that mum vibe at all... not yet. I do love how Lee Mi Sook is portraying mr. Makes me hate her and feel regretful for her as well.

The writer is making her out as a wicked stepmother indeed :-q but that's why I love this character :x she'll get her hell soon enough :-\"

KatKat09 said: Granted that Lee Mi Sook (MR) is a great actress, but maybe i'm the only who is wishing a different actress was given this role.
8-|

Re watched the Ep 33 raw..it is possible that MR is just bluffing when she said that CH is not SS' real dad? For her to stay with MR and stay away from the lee family. And if and ever SS is her real daughter, the identity of the biological dad is maybe from the same industry as hers... I think after MR's failed relationship with CH because of grandma, she had another relationship while she was starting as an actress. Because she was just starting at that time and untimely got pregnant with SS, maybe just maybe she asked CH, put away SS in an orphanage and instead of following her CH decided to keep SS as his own.

@xxmagsxx said:

@AlobAro: this smile is NATION'S LITTLE SISTER MY A$$ HA!!

So...

We've moved on to discuss A$$e$ now?

A gentleman would always have the woman precede him.With what IU has, any man would happily allow her to go first.The reason why IU always says JJS is a gentleman is now crystal clear. :) :)) =))

Master byeontae, you're back

Forgive me for a bit too long replying your post

I sensed you're jealous of JJS for getting what he gets & will be getting soon

*pats back with JJS' style* that's ok, Master...

And true, it was posted a few pages back, that MR's house is a cold prison, not even homey at all. even the furnitures are out of sorts, they looked mechanical like some props of a stage show.

/:)

Just look at SS room. not even a splash of peach or pink?! not even power-pop girls or princess theme prints at all???! really MR! :-L

you all are so fasti'm not done reading lots of posts...but it already page 540 *sweating*but...i am happy..now that it's getting better on each episode
i have to go now*sigh* will catch up laterhappy streaming people and thank you in advance for spoilers pictures comments recaps...>:D<

미령은 자기 마음대로 되지 않는 순신 때문에 속상하고, 준호는 들어온 대본 중에 가수지망생인 단역을 보고 순신을 준비시킨다. 유신은 길자에게 잘 보이려 애쓰고, 길자는 유신을 곯려주려 집안일 잔뜩 시키고 나간다. 퇴근해서 돌아온 찬우가 일을 대신해고, 그 모습을 본 길자는 다시 한번 기함한다. 연아는 자신의 생일도 잊고 순신 얘기만 하는 미령에게 화를 낸다. 또한, 준호 역시 순신을 좋아한단 걸 알고 순신이 오디션 볼 드라마에 출연하기로 마음먹는데...

has anyone already translated written preview...

thanks in advance

Guest AlobAro

off shoot:

i tot i saw @frozenyoghurtz... my long lost twin... what has she been up to nowadays... ermmm...

Archived