[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smmr said: akinahana89 said: Sometimes I really feel for MR for constantly being disregarded by SS when it seems like she's truly trying to be her mother... but then she gets evil, mean, and tries to control SS. [-X
yes, the writer seems to have made her character that way. One might pity her for the treatment she gets from her daughter. It is obvious that she is trying to get close to Soon Shin, bending over backwards just so  she could please her and give Soon Shin the life she has never had when she was young. But then, she is so mean towards other people, most especially to her adoptive mother/family. She uses underhanded tactics so she can banish them from Soon Shin's world. She wants Soon Shin to rely on her alone, thinking that she is going to win her love this way.  Yes, I agree. I keep going back and forth between pitying her and greatly disliking her. I can see her effort, but she really goes about it the wrong way. Sure, she might not know how to be a mother since she gave SS up and I don't think anyone would really blame her lack of skills for that, but any decent human being should know that her actions in sabotaging situations and mistreating others, especially her daughter's adoptive family, is wrong. Oy.

tiendoank said: As much as I loved this scene, it saddened me to see how SS has not even thought of JH, who..with all his body movement and eye contact, tried his very most to give her "clue", I am that "namja".
With that, it seems that all theories saying that S had also developed a feeling, romantically, toward JH comes to a dead end. SS has no idea, like AT ALL, that JH could possibly become that person. I'm not sure if it is inferior complex, but seeing from the way her eyes talk, it seems that's not the case. Isn't SS still under the impression that JH and YA had gotten back together? If that were the case, I would think that SS, being pretty innocent and outright inexperienced in romance to begin with, would completely miss all the clues.

the camera pd probably said, "aaahhh.. we still don't have the perfect shot. purple lady extra, you can walk back and forth until we do. JJS & IU, please try harder." =))

Actually IU must be quite violent. Or you can call it acting well. I mean he takes a step and 2 back and then notice he widens his stance. To lower his centre of gravity to not fall backwards. Wow, I would pay to see the BTS for this scene. Since we already know they edited the lady in purple out.
Also I've had friends who have been approached on the streets as drama extras in Korea. So the lady could be an extra. Also in other dramas, other fans have noticed scenes where they keep using the same extras but they wore lighter clothing. Who asked the wardrobe person to dress her in purple, such a distinctive and stand-out colour?

@Ayame & @Evok- if  YTBLSS subs are being done by KBS. then their subber is paid. How fast it comes out I think will depend whether the station hires this translator for this drama only or they do any others right? 
The DSS subs 100% edited subs were only ready on the 3rd July for ep 34. So the streaming subs we got earlier are probably ripped from KBS right? Unless we are using the DSS subs before the ELITE team edits. Sorry, I actually check which version the rip is from. I only use DSS subs if they are ELITE edited.
As far as I know for Dramafever subs for other series, they have one translator then another person editing the subs. Or the same person for quality control.
The Darksmurfs subs are from the Chinese subs then machine translated then fan translated into English. Then there is only 1 senior editor there if I recall who does most of the editing for this drama. Monstar is licensed to viki but Lee Soon Shin is not. So we can't use the viki subbing speed as a comparison. And it's only as accurate as the Chinese subs are. 

ck1Oz said: This must be the scene IU lost weight for... to make it easier on JJS. lol. Because IU is completely throwing her weight against JJS and moving constantly, it would be hard for JJS to steady and maintain his balance. I hope they give us BTS for this too... and see how many times they had to film it to get it just right. :))

akinahana89 said: tiendoank said: As much as I loved this scene, it saddened me to see how SS has not even thought of JH, who..with all his body movement and eye contact, tried his very most to give her "clue", I am that "namja".
With that, it seems that all theories saying that S had also developed a feeling, romantically, toward JH comes to a dead end. SS has no idea, like AT ALL, that JH could possibly become that person. I'm not sure if it is inferior complex, but seeing from the way her eyes talk, it seems that's not the case.

Archived