Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

Actors fight for their money : Delayed payments for film and television casts and crew have long been an issue

06225125.jpg

There’s nothing worse than working hard and not getting paid for it. But it turns out that many people in the entertainment industry, including production staff and even some well-known celebrities, have been denied the paychecks that they were promised. Five celebrities, including actors Ko Soo, Kim Woo-bin and Koo Hye-sun, recently revealed that they had not been paid for work they had done years ago, and industry insiders claim that the situation is much worse for those who work behind the scenes.

The on-going controversy started when the Korea Entertainment Management Association (CEMA) announced an official boycott of an advertising agency that failed to pay Ko and Kim for work they completed in 2012 and 2013, respectively. The agency is said to have worked with Ko and Kim in August 2012 and March 2013, but has failed to pay either of them even after being sued by both actors.

“Recently, the number of cases in which people aren’t getting paid for their labor in the entertainment field is growing,” said CEMA in its official statement on Nov. 30. “This is damaging people from all over entertainment as well as those working in the field with good intentions. We at the CEMA have recognized that this is a serious matter, and we are working to solve the problem.”

The agency is still refusing to pay the actors on grounds that it “has no money to pay with,” but both Ko’s agency and Kim’s agency are still fighting for their stars to get their money. “We’re keeping up with the legal measures… We’re not planning on giving up until we have a solution,” said Sidus HQ, Kim’s entertainment agency.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 10:08 PM, ProudofYou said:

It's sudden...

2016, LA

Woobinie with Minah

Hi ProudofYou, thanks for sharing this. I wonder if this picture was taken prior his sickness or this is recent. I missed KWB! I'm happy to read the news that he's doing fine so far.....:(

Korean Actors Who Can Brag About Having Legs For Day

kim-woo-bin-lee-jong-suk-kim-young-kwang

These Korean actors are not only known for their talent but their incredibly long legs!

Many of them also came from modeling backgrounds, having been cast for their great proportions and height. “Manner legs” (standing with legs spread wide apart in order to accommodate shorter people) comes as a habit to them, all of whom top out over 180 cm (about 5.9 feet).

Kim Woo B

Kim-Woo-Bin-Suzy-Uncontrollably-Fond-540

Kim-Woo-Bin-Ju-Xiao-Wen-2.jpg

Kim Woo Bin, who had dreamed of becoming a model since he was in high school, debuted in 2009 and appeared in Seoul Fashion Week collections. Eventually he switched to acting and made a name for himself alongside some of the other actors on this list: namely Lee Jong Suk in “School 2013” and Lee Min Ho in “Heirs.” He has also had a solid film career with appearances in “Friend: The Great Legacy,” “The Con Artists,” and “Twenty.” He is currently on hiatus while recovering from a cancer diagnosis

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm here on Woobin's thread, as I was just worried how he's doing with his cancer treatment... I'm so glad to hear that he is recovering enough to carry on his daily life activities. That is good enough. I really just need him to be healthy and well, we can worry about him being back to the screen later. He should take plenty of time to recuperate! Health comes first!

• Like 2

On 6 января 2018 г. at 12:25 PM, cecentre said:

Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm here on Woobin's thread, as I was just worried how he's doing with his cancer treatment... I'm so glad to hear that he is recovering enough to carry on his daily life activities. That is good enough. I really just need him to be healthy and well, we can worry about him being back to the screen later. He should take plenty of time to recuperate! Health comes first!

Thank you for visiting this thread and for kind words :heart:

• Like 1

On 3 января 2018 г. at 4:01 PM, willenette said:

Hi ProudofYou, thanks for sharing this. I wonder if this picture was taken prior his sickness or this is recent. I missed KWB! I'm happy to read the news that he's doing fine so far.....:(

prior if photos from 2016. he discovered his illness early in 2017 ;(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aureolina said:

prior if photos from 2016. he discovered his illness early in 2017 ;(

Hi aureolina, thanks for the reply. No wonder in the picture he looks as if he didn't lose weight yet. Also, thanks for the reminder that it was in early last year that he knew about his illness.....I lost track of time, dates................:lol:

• Like 1

On 8 января 2018 г. at 7:20 AM, willenette said:

Hi aureolina, thanks for the reply. No wonder in the picture he looks as if he didn't lose weight yet. Also, thanks for the reminder that it was in early last year that he knew about his illness.....I lost track of time, dates................:lol:

don't worry, it's no wonder considering how rarely we get news about Woo Bin right now. sometimes i feel like more than 8 months passed since his announcement ;( 

• Like 1

*** I wish for his speedy recovery & comes back soon. :(

Hong Seok-cheon Reports That Kim Woo-bin is Much Better

photo933372.jpg

Hong Seok-cheon delivered news about actor Kim Woo-bin on "Rumor Has It".

The panelists talked about Kim Woo-bin who is suffering from nasopharyngeal carcinoma.

Hong Seok-cheon, who knows the actor well, said, "He's much better now and he just wants recover more before he enters the public".

Another panelist said, "That's right. He's really gotten much better. If people at his office want to talk to him, one person talks to him as a representative. Therefore, we can hear about him. He wants to fully recover before he comes back".

Another panel said, "There were rumors that nasopharyngeal carcinoma is a rare disease and that it can't be completely cured".

In addition, Kim Woo-bin and Shin Min-a are still going strong as she's been seen going to the hospital to visit him.

Source : star.mbn.co.kr/view.p...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 2