B R A C E S.

Guest kupoxkupo

Guest meilove

I have braces right now. 8 more months. I have the ceramic clear ones.They suck, i'm tired of having food stuck in them and not flossing as thoroughly as I'd like.I can't wait to get them off and look prettier!

@misssharon

Which type of retainer do you have? I have the clear plastic kind and my ortho told me to just brush them with water since soap and toothpaste are too harsh. But I think it's gross to just brush them with water so I dunk them into a salt mixture every weekend.

• 6 months later...
Guest donal

I had braces for six months. Now my teeth are looking so good. My teeth had a little irregularity. I visited at Seapoint Clinic for consulting that with a qualified  dentist. he suggested me to get six month braces from Seapoint. In starting it was very hard to believe that this can be cured in six months. That was a good decision of my mine. Braces are virtue for the people who has irregular teeth and they feel shy in opening their mouth in front of others.  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest linnhhh

I am getting my braces tightened on Monday! I've only had them for about a month! I can't wait to see my results!

• 3 months later...
Guest calendar

I've had braces for around a year so far, but I'm getting them off in around a month ^O^Excite!Aaanyway, i didn't have much pain~ the only time I did was when I got rubber bands (which hurt so bad I couldn't even move my face), but that's about it... the rest of the time I was completely fine. Does that still count as "not much pain" lol?

• 1 month later...
Guest kayara<3

I had braces for about 6 years (I had a cleft palate, which came with a whole world of orthodontic problems). At different points I had elastics, a power chain (which is clear and looks like a bunch of the bracket bands stuck together), these weird clip things to make my teeth stand up straighter... started out with super thick wires that killed for a day or two whenever they were tightened, and graduated down to a really thin wire that was just for holding the teeth in place. I also had a couple of teeth removed a cap put on my weird half tooth to make it look like a regular tooth. I had a fairly severe underbite (again, thank you, cleft palate), so I had a corrective surgery for that nearly 2 years ago and had to wait for everything to settle down again before the braces came off.

Towards the end of the process my orthodontist showed me pictures and x-rays that were taken when she first started working with me (which was even before the braces), and I couldn't believe how everything had changed. When I wrote her a thank-you card after my final consultation, I told her I would happily wear my retainers from now until forever. So in short, the process might not be so fun, but the payoff is incredible.

Guest lifestyletrek

I had braces for three years, results were great! I appreciate them a LOT now and I'll tell you why.. I've been using the metal retainers ever since until I lost them and had it replaced. Typical, wrapped in tissue scenario :( guyss don't do it!I have a horrible habit of skipping a "day" (or two.. or three and more..) but I simply wore my retainers again and my teeth were alignedSo, now I have new retainers to maintain my crooked teeth :( You can see the crookedness in my YouTube videos >__< please tell me it's not that noticeable!
Lesson to be learned, WEAR YOUR RETAINERS AND DON'T WRAP THEM IN TISSUE! 
BTW, how is this related to fitness & sports? lol

• 4 weeks later...
Guest limegreen13

After I got my braces, they hurt for the first 4-5 days before I started not feeling them hardly at all. I've had my braces on for almost 2 years now and I should be getting them off in about 3-4 months.

• 6 months later...
Guest WillardRamirez

The total treatment times with braces usually lasts from 9 months to 5 years, but the average amount of time is 18 to 24 months. Generally, braces are "okay" to teenagers. You can imagine how great the final results will be and you have friends and know other people who have really benefitted from braces.When you get braces, your mouth can be sore for the first week. Also, your mouth will be sore when the braces are tightened. However, with modern braces, you really shouldn't notice the them, except when the braces are being tightened or if you get hit in the mouth. Treatment can be more uncomfortable if you get braces when you are 18 or older; your teeth may also feel like they are loose in your mouth

Archived