[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Ah the ratings are INCREDULOUS.I do hope the ratings will increase by a mile today,deservingly so.I said ratings do not matter but honestly it does anger me sometimes,well most times when this happens. But to those who are not watching,they are definitely missing out big time.Hopefully ,just hopefully the production team won't be discouraged .
I have not been hooked on a saguek or drama for the longest time,this show is so gorgeous and beautiful.
DRAMA TEAM fighting!!!JOJ Fighting!JOJ Soompi Users fighting!!!

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEWMARIO

[Ratings: Mon, 04.15.13] ‘Gu Family Book’ and ‘God of the Workplace’ Bicker for First

2013-04-16 10:10  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Honghttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gif icon_issue_1.gif
ratingtweettweet1tweetGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  0Monday is back and the ratings battle continues to be fierce between MBC’s Gu Family Book and KBS’ God of the Workplace. 

Last week, the difference was by 0.1 percent. On Monday night, that difference grew to 0.2 percent, but because the numbers are so small, it’s still uncertain who will end up being number one for the rest of the series. 

Gu Family Book managed to take the lead, but the numbers weren’t that high for the first appearances of Lee Seung Gi and Suzy, meaning God of the Workplace is putting up a good fight. 

Meanwhile, the Kim Tae Hee/Yoo Ah In power isn’t working, as SBS’ Jang Ok Jung once again fell. 

28601135.jpg

Monday, April 15, 2013

Dramas

8:15 PM

KBS Cheer Up, Mr. Kim 28.2

10:00 PM

1. MBC Gu Family Book 13.6

2. KBS God of the Workplace 13.4

3. SBS Jang Ok Jung 7.9

Variety

1. KBS Hello 10.6

2. SBS Healing Camp 7.0

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: MBC, KBS

I admit to being a little sad that the ratings are so low. While we say that ratings don't matter, I know that there is a weight and pressure for high ratings for the actors and the production involved. So it has got to be tough on them. For that, I will always be rooting for them. Sure there are some production issues, and its not a perfect sageuk by any means but it's got a lot of good things going for it that I haven't seen in a lot of kdrama lately. So it is slightly disappointing for it not to be recognized. While I can't do much to help them, I will still support them. I am thinking that this is the type of drama that Koreans tend to like no? The kind that has a lot of melodrama and angst and really crazy machina from the various women involved, ministers, evil ones, illness, death etc etc. But I can agree that a revision of JOJ may not be what they are looking for. What is not to love about this cast?? It's pretty darn amazing in acting ability. KTH I thought was the weakest link but even she's doing pretty well. Fighting!!! I hope the ratings can go up but it's not looking good. Now that I am thinking, how can LS not figure out who OJ is? The way that she looks at him now (like in the scene after he rescued her) is exactly the way she looked at him as a kid. That glare/stare. :) LS - use your smart royal brain. You can do it.

"Jang Ok-jeong" Kim Tae-hee falls trying to save Lee Sang-yeob

photo300543.jpg

Jang Ok-jeong (Kim Tae-hee) fell into the water trying to save Lee Hang (Lee Sang-yeob).

On the third episode of the SBS drama "Jang Ok-jeong" followed Lee Hang dressed as a man.

An assailant suddenly appeared in front of them and Lee Hang jumped into the fight after hiding Jang Ok-jeong behind the carts. However, she was discovered by another assailant and was pushed towards the cliff.

Lee Hang tried to stop them but he was attacked by several men at once. While he was dealing with one, another took out a knife and Jang Ok-jeong blocked him with her whole body. At the end of the struggle, Jang fell off the cliff and into the waters.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... ( English )

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-jang-ok-jeong-kim-tae-hee-falls-trying-to-save-lee-sang-yeob-54982.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

To me, one of the problem I have with this series is the editing. Some scenes are too abrupt and just doesn't flow. Such as OJ following DP on trip. I still watches the series, but the poor editing is affecting my enjoyment of the storyline.

Guest kimbee

i'm so sad because of Rating...even though it just started.....its such a Hell for our JOJ's Staff & Casts......although we can't do nothing......its curn!!! now, just keep it pray and support for JOJ...!!!Don't Give up....!!!I hope Miracle for tonight & next......FIGHTING JOJ....!!!  [-O<  :-bd  *with tears* 

Guest kimbee

i'm so sad because of Rating...even though it just started.....its such a Hell for our JOJ's Staff & Casts......although we can't do nothing......its curn!!! now, just keep it pray and support for JOJ...!!!Don't Give up....!!!I hope Miracle for tonight & next......FIGHTING JOJ....!!! ;) *with tears*

idless I actually think that the director is executing the drama like a documentary.I don't find the scenes exactly abrupt,but they do deviate from the standard saguek-style dramas,its definitely way more fast paced and straight to the point like many BBC tv series.I prefer it this way somehow, its not a 50 episode saguek and I would want not dwell not unnecessary expositions.But I do regard that viewers are made up of diff personalities who have diff preference heh.I do hope today's epi will be better for you though:)
One thing i absolutely love is how they are crafting out the hero's love for the heroine storyline,and on top off that the side story lines are just as interesting.Unlike other shows I would not mind watching a couple of more secondary character scenes as ell.

kimbee don't be sad!!Lets bee excited for today's episode.Woohoo!!
8 MORE HOURS TO PURE EPICNESS!! :-j

Hmm @gorres I feel abrupt too when suddenly they showed JOJ is following DP on a trip. There's no beginning of it. That's why I'm waiting for subtitle to know more why is the scene like that. Maybe the raw I got it from Youtube has cut some scene?  :-SS

^
I'm also awaiting subs from Viki.Ah trying to find out other websites with subs now.
Nope the youtube link had no cuts,I streamed live and it was  exactly the same.without subs that one scene does seemed abrupt.Will wait for subs!!:)

@cikamoi - I watched it with c-subs and I definitely don't think it's all that abrupt anymore. But the first time when I watched it raw, I did think it seemed abrupt. @gorres is correct... Waiting for subs helps. It may still not be perfect for you but it does help a little with the transition when you know what they are saying. :)

yea it definitely helps if you watch with sub, or at least read recap if it comes out faster. you'll know SJ had asked DP for help before that scene.
Everybody don't let the rating ruin our enjoyment! Many popular dramas don't get high ratings, again it just shows the interest in the drama in korea, def doesn't determine quality of such drama. I've seen worse with better rating, so yea
@briseis you're right. i really think being revision of such a famous femme fatale, an evil temptress now turns into a heroine who has a story on her own. korean people wouldn't buy that. prejudice/stereotype is hard to break. i'm glad for once not watching any popular sageuk involving JOJ before, i do know history but i can keep that away while watching this drama. cause it's not like i'm watching a historical documentary. all i see here is about what happens when a slave blood woman falls in love with a royal blood/the king, it's no fairy-tale, it's their journey to seek for some sort of happiness.

Hi everyone!

This is my new crack.. love this drama so much, so much pretties (not just the actors) - i know the rating is not so hot but what can we international/online viewers do not have much say in this..

unfortunately im not able to stream live this time so delayed spazzing it is... so thank you everyone, for the caps, previews, torrent link, etc..

me love spoilers - keep em coming & coded...

Guest kheir

omg wad happen with the rating??i can't believe such a nice drama got a very low rating..:(
aiks i hope the rating wont affect the acting quality,story,etc :(

Guest livon123

Well I don't really care about the rating unless they decide to make the quality worst, like creating unnecessary scenes, or making it choppy. Not saying they will.
Anyway, I am more interested in how the script writer is going with the character.
So far I was thinking about how the characters are set up and this is what I got, I would love to read your guys thought on this too.1) LS is raised to rule and be the king. I think that is really similar to IH who like her father said is raised to be the Queen. I think they share a similarity in that because essentially they both understand lives as noble royals - not much freedom. LOL- unlike The Moon Embraces the Sun, I hope LS actually give some love back to IH. BK was kind of sad, never got anything haha.
2) JOJ is some how reminding me a lot of Dong Yi's character lol in Dong Yi the series. She didn't start off bad, and I don't think the series going to show her being bad, just her version of what happen. In the court you either win or you lose everything is a very popular theme. However, I think even if JOJ lose everything, she still has LS's heart, and even though LS end up sending her on her road, he still kept their son the crown prince. (But I think he kind of did a back up crown prince too..) AND to be fair, the king has 3 main women going after him, JOJ also has three guys after her. They are much luckier characters than Prince Dp, IH, CS who are all one sided love.
3) I don't know about true love and all between historical characters, but in the series I definitely think the director is going with JOJ and LS are first love and perhaps true love too, it seem to me JOJ really helped LS with political matters in the beginning, and I think it is a way for LS to build his own power, since IH and her family represent the tradition power, power that actually tries to use LS as a pawn.
4) LOL I like the pace of the series going forward, I actually can't wait to finally get all the character's introduction out of the way and let's get going with the real plotting. The first ep with Sook Bin saying she will be JUST LIKE JOJ kind of got me curious. I mean we haven't seen her with IH for the last two epi, how is she going to pop back in the story. It would be pretty interesting to see how Sook Bin copy JOJ, and most importantly I want to see the King's reaction. Does he know the girls are all fighting each other, and if he does how do he live with it haha. I guess most likely is he get SB into the story to balance out the two power struggle... when SB comes in I am guessing IH's side is losing power, causing LS some headache. 
5) I think either way there is going to be some major heartache as the story progress, we need some light hearted characters, so far Prince DP is doing that, but at the same time, lol I think he might bring a lot of heartache for us too. 

Archived