[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
And now the boys of Jang Ok-jung

by girlfriday | March 18, 2013 | 

JangOkjung12.jpg

Time for the boys! Here’s our first peek at the men of upcoming fusion sageuk Jang Ok-jung (they’ve dropped the ‘Live by Love’ part of the title), and by peek I really do mean little glimpses. We’ve got Yoo Ah-in donning his kingly robes, and not that I’m surprised, but he cleans up rather nicely. Still miss his Sungkyunkwan mane, but I guess royal topknot will have to do. I guess.

He plays King Sukjong, who is married to Queen Inhyun (Hong Soo-hyun) and takes Jang Ok-jung, aka Jang heebin (Kim Tae-hee) as his royal concubine. Historically Jang heebin is the femme fatale who gets Inhyun ousted to be the queen herself, but in this retelling she’ll be the heroine. She’ll also be a fashion designer for some inexplicable reason… yeah, I have no explanation for that one.

At least second lead Jae Hee gets to rock some unruly hair. He plays Jang Ok-jung’s first love, and I can see their story tugging at the heartstrings — they’re young and in love, but torn apart when she enters the palace as a court lady. He grows up and amasses considerable wealth and power, and will continue to secretly love her and be her Daddy Long Legs even after she becomes the king’s concubine. Dude. That might explain why you’re hogtied and drowning in the stills. Just sayin’…

Lee Sang-yub (Nice Guy) plays yet another rival for Jang heebin’s affections, who falls in love with her from afar not knowing that she’s the king’s consort. And then Sung Dong-il(Jeon Woo-chi) plays Jang Ok-jung’s cousin and evil puppetmaster, who sets his sights on making her queen. Interesting. His character will be ruthlessly ambitious and very shrewd, so completely different from his usual comical roles.

The idea may be to put the onus of backstabbing on her family (and by extension, political faction), to make her out to be more of a political pawn than the infamous femme fatale. I do think the history in itself is interesting enough that I wish the drama wouldn’t try to do both the historical re-imagining AND the fusion fashion angle, but I guess we’ll see how they mesh (…or not?) soon enough.

Jang Ok-jung follows Yawang and premieres April 8.

JangOkjung10.jpg

JangOkjung14.jpg

JangOkjung13.jpg

JangOkjung17.jpg

JangOkjung18.jpg

JangOkjung19.jpg

JangOkjung11.jpg

JangOkjung15.jpg

Via SBS E!Xports News

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kimbee

btw, i'm just seen Jae Hee...when they read script, i thought Jae Hee absence, am i Right...????he just came out and the first he take a shoot for this drama.........how busy he is.........^^

Guest NEWMARIO

Kim Tae-hee, angel from heaven?

Source | 2013/03/18 | 

photo292671.jpg

Actress Kim Tae-hee was seen in a steal picture of the upcoming SBS drama "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love".

Kim Tae-hee takes on the role of Jang Ok-jeong, a woman who confidently stood up as a natural-born fashionist in a hierarchy society and made her way throughout her life, eventually becoming the mother of State.

Kim Tae-hee in the picture is dressed in a purple Hanbok which emphasizes modernism. She blends in well with the background of blossoms behind her and she looks like a dreamy angel from heaven.

The staff in charge of costumes says, "We prepared Jang Ok-jeong's costumes to fit her natural-born sense in fashion and reflect her charisma and fanciness as the sophisticated designer of the Chosun that she is. Along with the fresh story of Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love, we plan on pleasuring the eyes with beauty".

Meanwhile, "Jang Ok-jeong Lives in Love" is a re-written version of Jang Hee-bin including fact and fiction about the Renaissance time of the Chosun during which time she lived and loved.

Source : www.asiatoday.co.kr/n... ( English )

CR:HANCINEMA.NET

Guest xtaeheex

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"KARA’s Han Seung Yeon in hanbok for ‘Jang Ok Jung’ press conference
542852_349427578495114_1448349256_n.jpg

KARA’s Han Seung Yeon recently updated her Twitter with selcas of herself in hanbok.

Seung Yeon tweeted on March 18th, “Feeling nervous before press conference, I just started running after wearing my hanbok in a state of mental confusion~, it’s been a long since I have been so nervous like this while receiving an interview, I just kept on talking and talking.”

In one of the revealed selcas, Seung Yeon is seen wearing a traditional hanbok while looking at the camera with an elegant pose. In another selca which gave off a different vibe, Seung Yeon is seen with her eyes tightly shut while she is in her world, and drew much attention with her adorable look.

Fans and netizens who saw the selcas expressed, “Seung Yeon is really adorable,” “Seung Yeon is really beautiful,” “’Jang Ok Jung’ fighting.”

Upcoming SBS TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Jang Ok Jung’ which is led by Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In, talks about Jang Ok Jung from a whole new perspective that she wasn’t known as before. In contrast to the political figure that she is known for, the new drama will portray Jang Ok Jung as a leading fashion designer in the Joseon Dynasty and her trials and tribulations.

The drama will begin airing from April 8th.

By: Yeo Kyung Jin

http://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/kara-s-han-seung-yeon-in-hanbok-for-083100191.html

Guest NEWMARIO

[2013-03-19 1080p HD]  Jang Ok Jung Teaser #1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xybjot_2013-03-19-1080p-hd-jang-ok-jung-teaser-1_shortfilms

It struck me only now.
Since this drama will depict Jang Hee Bin as a woman of FASHION and COSMETICS, well then!
I suddenly realized that this drama will surely showcase TONS OF BEAUTIFUL, EXQUISITE HANBOK and PHYSICAL SET-UP.
Aish! I just got really, really excited!
Hahahaha.
Proof of that are Kim Tae Hee's pictures above, where she's wearing a beautiful and elaborate purple hanbok.

:x =D> \:D/ :))

Guest xtaeheex

class="cb b15" style="text-align: center; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 30px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);""Jang Ok Jung" Kim Tae Hee Teaser Clip ReleasedMar 19, 2013

"Jang Ok Jung, Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee Teaser Clip Released

(Photo : SBS) "Jang Ok Jung, Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee Teaser Clip Released

A teaser for the upcoming SBS drama "Jang Ok Jung" has been released revealing Kim Tae Hee's elegant beauty in her role as Jang Ok Jung.

The teaser for the SBS drama "Jang Ok Jung" was released March 19 through the internet and is currently being aired on television.

The teaser shows the actress Kim Tae Hee as Jang Ok Jung wearing a traditional Hanbok created for the royalty. Kim Tae Hee looks graceful and timid in the teaser, building up the anticipation for the start of the drama.

In this drama, Jang Ok Jung will be featured as a fashion designer instead of being portrayed as the classic character that she has always been featured as. Jang Ok Jung whom Kim Tae Hee will have to portray is a woman from the Chosun Dynasty who overcomes limits in the strict caste system with her outstanding fashion sense.

In the classical portrayal of Jang Ok Jung, she is a female villain. However, the production crew of "Jang Ok Jung" will attempt to portray her from a different perspective. Jang Ok Jung's romance with King Sukjong will be featured in the drama, as well as the renaissance of Chosun Dynasty.

People in the online community responded to the teaser with comments like, "I can't wait to see the new portrayal of her!". "Of all the Jang OK Jungs, Kim Tae Hee's visual is the best" and "Kim Tae Hee and Yu Ah In's romance is going to be so sweet for my eyes".

The first episode of "Jang Ok Jung" will be aired on April 8.

http://www.kdramastars.com

Archived