[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi all, check out the recap of episode 2 at http://www.koalasplayground.com.

I may be the minority but up to episode 2, I don't feel the chemistry of JIS and SHK is that strong, KB and Eunji does though.

Also, I don't understand why HJ told the loan-shark about OS plan being the lost son of PL group.

Guest katkat88

Wow, I just finished watching Episode 1 with subs and I was really impressed by the feel of the drama.  I watched Jo In Sung before in his other dramas but he didn't catch my attention.  It's only after watching A Frozen Flower where I started to notice him coz he really did justice to his role in that movie and I started to think that he's really an actor.  This is one of the reason why I decided to watch this drama although  with some hesitation because I already know the story and the ending.  I thought it's not interesting anymore since it's remake but I was wrong because just watching episode 1 only got me hooked to continue watching this drama. It's very fast paced and very interesting to watch, love both the main characters already.
Ok, just finished watching Episode 2 and it's awesome, totally hooked now

‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ off to a great start with rave reviews

By Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com – 1 hour 50 minutes ago

237618012.jpg

New SBS TV Wed-Thu drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ officially made its debut last night on February 13th, with the acting, visuals, and storyline combining perfectly and getting rave reviews from viewers.

Following the drama’s broadcast last night, the drama’s name and cast members all became hotly-searched terms on all major search engines in South Korea, and becoming a hot topic of discussions. Even the names of the director, screenwriter, and the original novel on which it was based also drew much attention from the public. Many viewers also enquired about the drama’s OST in the aftermath, and this continued even into the next day, showing the huge explosion of interest from viewers in the drama.

Many comments were left on major portal sites and SNS as viewers commented about the impressive acting from the cast, beautiful visuals, tightly-knitted storyline, and a touching OST, which all combined perfectly, and also showed the drama’s booming popularity.

In addition, after the drama’s debut, a website did an impromptu poll to poll viewers on which drama was the most entertaining from their debut episodes. ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ came out as the runaway winner with 74.7% over another highly-anticipated drama ‘IRIS 2’.

Some commented on the official website of ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, “Really looking forward to the next episode”, “I can finally see a proper love drama”, “It feels like an eternity since I saw a drama that is so precious like a diamond, really looking forward to it”.

After a double-header on opening day yesterday, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ will continue with the broadcast of episode 3 tonight on February 14th.

By: Shin Young Eun
Copyright © KpopFighting.com

source:yahoonews

Excited about Ep 3. From the preview, Youngie is smart and I guess she knew all along that OS is not her real brother. I hope that will be the case because the romance will then be all the sweeter (if she really thinks he's the brother, we def will not be getting any "scenes" ya?) As it is I already love how he wraps his arms around her in the preview....Another 3 hours to go conan_thank-you.gif

It is just the 2nd episode but it has tearing me up a lot. I should've stick of not watching melodramas (I skip Winter Sonata, Nice Guy, Missing you) but give myself an exception just because I want to see the coming back of both SHK and JIS.

KB does surprise me, I never taken him seriously in the past other than he is cute but in this drama I think his acting really improving and boy....he looks so young next to Eunjie. I am sorry but I don't know much about her so I don't have any ideas how old is she or what her past projects are. But I think she act quite well too.

As for the drama, I think OS has already suspicious towards the secretary and agree with @ZarraJae that OY might actually know or at least has a seed of doubt that OS is really her brother.

Excited for tonight and hope the rating rocks.

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "A Pink’s Jung Eun Ji surprises the viewers with her acting skills

February 14, 2013 9:00 pm ilnungcha

2013021416535320681_1.jpg

Jung Eun Ji showed off ability to speak the standard language.

On the first episode of SBS’s That Winter, The Wind Blows that aired on February 13, Jung attracted attention by using the standard language fluently.

Previously, Jung was loved by many fans by acting in Korean dialect and playing the role of Sung Si Won on Answer Me 1997. This was natural because she was from Busan. However, on That Winter, The Wind Blows, people were worried about Jung acting in the series since she has to act in standard language.

However, Jung showed off her acting skills with her sentimental emotions and acting with Jo In Sung.

Kim Gyu Tae, the director of the series complimented her, “Jung Eun Ji acts the way she wants to. This is not just the usual pattern but her spontaneous act is her strong point.”

The series, That Winter, The Wind Blows is from the original work, I Don’t Need No Love, Summer and has been creating a stir even before its broadcast with the cast of Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo.

Guest yellowumbrella

This drama just gets me. I am a sucker for melodramas and I havent watched any other dramas after Missing You. This drama was off with a solid start. I love the bromance between Kim Beom and Jo In Sung and whoa! didn't expect I'd tear a little in EP1 especially in the scene where Oh Young's brother got hit by a car  while Oh Young  was waiting madly for a taxi. . Because of this, I will following this drama till the end!
My first impression about this drama is like it's a mix of Nice Guy and Equator Man. Haha! :)

i love these drama although im not into in melodrama..but i will try to watched it coz Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo comeback drama...this is my first time i post here..so many good kdrama lately..i dont know when i can take a break from kdramaland.. :)) :)) how many time i said it...

Guest yellowumbrella

@meaghanp :
Hahah!! 
Eunji is like Shi Won (reply 1997) here again. She's adorable and bratty. What a comeback and Kim Bum and is too naughty wahah!!!