[Drama 2013] Queen of Ambition / Yawang 야왕

Guest annieice

@cat1177
I so want his noona to reveal Da Hae's true self to everyone! Do Hoon will be extremely hurt by it, but it's better than he knows now than further down the road when it's too late for him to do anything.
I'm waiting for the subs for ep 6 to come out to see what Haryu intends to do next. I've seen the raw episode, but without understanding the dialogue, I'm a bit lost. I know Haryu is now working at the stables and has met Do Hoon's noona. I wonder if he is intending to seduce Do Hoon's noona to get back at Da Hae. 
I must say that the show is moving fast which I am liking surprisingly. There's no lag and I've been riveted to the story. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fantast1k1

cat1177 said: Ep. 6 AGB ratings
Nationwide rating 12.3%
Capital 13.6%

cr @my_yunnie
Yawang fighting!

seeing how Baek father seems to approve of everything Dahae says and genuinely like her (for whatever reason) makes me fear that he could be the future president. :(

Guest fantast1k1

Ju Da ssh is not capable of loving others...have you all noticed that whenever she gets a hug, she doesn't hug back...Doesn't matter who hugs her, may it be HR or BDH, she just stands there, stone cold. And why can't she visit her own daughter? Eun Byul didn't do anything. All the while, I thought Ha Ryu doesn't have any guts to refuse DH. Was I wrong?!? HR showed that he's human, that he gets psychotic when angry. But he truly love DH and let her go. Instead of harassing, stalking and making a scene at Baek Hak company, he accepted the fact that DH won't be coming back.  He still got some pride in him. I was kinda hoping Ha Ryu didn't burn the dice...I thought it would have purpose later on...that whoever possess the dice will be the real Ha Ryu...oh well, maybe it will show again later on... Bravo KSW! You give justice to Ha Ryu's character...can't wait for Jae Woong to join in the fun...I'm too excited to watch all of the coming episodes...seems like they are already filming the court room scenes...will DH testify against HR? will he die? I hope Noona and Ha Ryu hooks up, run the company successfully together...Ha Ryu deserves to be happy afterall:((
I'm glad the ratings is going up. Congratulations Yawang Team! 

I don't think Ha Ryu will ever just 'get over' Da Hae. Especially not when she's likely going to try to have him killed/put away for the stepfather's murder. He's going to fight fire with fire and I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out as badly as Da Hae by the end of the drama.

Re: Do Kyung (probably my favorite character, btw), assuming that Da Hae and Do Hoon are only about 2 - 3 years apart and Ha Ryu is 2 - 3 years older than Da Hae and that Do Kyung is Do Hoon's mother... even if she got pregnant at a really young age, she should be about 40 - 45 and probably even older. That's a pretty big age gap and I strongly doubt Ha Ryu will fall in love with Do Kyung. I think he'll use her (putting his hosting experience to work) and then convince her that they both have a common target.

fantast1ksuae said: Ju Da ssh is not capable of loving others...have you all noticed that whenever she gets a hug, she doesn't hug back...Doesn't matter who hugs her, may it be HR or BDH, she just stands there, stone cold. And why can't she visit her own daughter? Eun Byul didn't do anything. All the while, I thought Ha Ryu doesn't have any guts to refuse DH. Was I wrong?!? HR showed that he's human, that he gets psychotic when angry. But he truly love DH and let her go. Instead of harassing, stalking and making a scene at Baek Hak company, he accepted the fact that DH won't be coming back.  He still got some pride in him. I was kinda hoping Ha Ryu didn't burn the dice...I thought it would have purpose later on...that whoever possess the dice will be the real Ha Ryu...oh well, maybe it will show again later on... Bravo KSW! You give justice to Ha Ryu's character...can't wait for Jae Woong to join in the fun...I'm too excited to watch all of the coming episodes...seems like they are already filming the court room scenes...will DH testify against HR? will he die? I hope Noona and Ha Ryu hooks up, run the company successfully together...Ha Ryu deserves to be happy afterall:((
I'm glad the ratings is going up. Congratulations Yawang Team! 

I dont know if this was touched upon before in this thread but does anyone find the fact that both this and damael were based on the same manhwa interesting? They both have Kwon Sang Woo as a lawyer and in one he's trying to build up his loves presidency while in the other he's trying to destroy it.

Guest Arawni1430292037

I haven't written in this thread before but here's my take 5 episodes in. I don't normally even like melodrama, but for some reason I started to watch QOA and liked what I saw - much more than Nice Guy or I Miss You. I feel like things in QoA are nicely grounded happening and character wise. People react like their characters should react, small things are linked together creating a web of connections that people cannot escape.

Da Hae is of course the central characters. Some here have said that she's very cold, selfish person who's unable to love, but I disagree with that assessment. I think DH is much more complex than that. She's capable of love and being good, but she's easily swayed if her safety is compromised in any way. She's selfish, that is true, but it seems to be more because of self preservation than for pure lust for money or power. She wants power not to be weak and so that nobody can walk over her again. I think she mostly hates poverty because of her horrible family condition and because she wasn't even able to bury her mother properly.

What comes to coldness and capability to love, I do think there has always been a cold streak in DH, but it lay dormant for all those years she studied in Korea and was relatively happy with HR. I'm pretty certain she did love her mother. It's interesting how she hasn't even ONCE blamed her mother for the things that happened to her in childhood. She's be easy target to blame as it WAS her responsibility to protect little DH and she not only failed to do that but was the one who had brought the assailant into the family (granted, not knowing then what he would do). And it seems that mother new, at least one some level, because of her statement that they should've died instead of their father. I would very well understand if DH blamed her mother, too, for her childhood abuse but she doesn't. Not at all. Only reason I can come up with is that DH genuinely loved her mother.

What comes to HR and their daughter, I do think she loves EB, but I'm not sure about HR. She most definitely had warm feelings towards him and she was happy with him, but was it love? It's possible that HR above all HR represented safety for her. He basically saved her and took care of her in her hour of need and she responded by being emotionally attached to him. She seems to have a tendency for this as she kissed BDH fervently after his proposal - just like he did with HR on the bridge after he had taken care of her. Her response to the protection and care is rather sexual, I would say.

DH does grow colder by every episode, but so far I just cannot see how one could describe her as totally cold. It's clear from her scenes with HR in ep. 5 that she's very tormented and conflicted by her own actions. When she was crying her heart out in the car - how is that cold? Cold people don't cry unless it's for a show. Also, DH DID go to see EB, but was thwarted by what she heard ajumma and the friend say about her at the hospital's front door. I really appreciate emotional conflict here because it's clear that she's hurting and realizes that she's wounding others and feels sorry about it and yet she is NOT going to back down. She's willing to pay the emotional price for her actions even knowing that it is enormously high. Little by little she'll probably freeze more and more until she does become very cold person indeed, but yet she isn't, not just yet.

What comes to BDH, I don't think she loves him at all. However, I don't think she detests him, either. In the beginning of their relationship, I mean even before US, she seemed to like him. She didn't tell him that she actually has a partner even though I don't think she had any plans for him yet - those plans formed only after DK kicked her out from the company. That's the irony of the situation, that it's DK's fault, effecticely, that DH is together with BDH. Had DH been able to succeed by her hard work only, she may have toyed with the fire (BDH), but it would've gotten serious. I think she was attracted most to the fact that he was attracted to her. He's a rich man, nice and classy at the same time and so he is very different from HR. This is something that could happen to almost every woman and so her situation was very realistic one. At this point it's clear that she is using him, but so far she hasn't shown any interest in being first lady. It doesn't seem to be her goal at the moment so something must happen for her to ditch BDH. If nothing happens, I don't see a reason to ditch him as he provides the power and security DH craves for and is easily manipulated by her. So, yeah, something's gonna happen as I don't think BDH is going to be a president, as many of you have pointed out.

Guest Arawni1430292037

Then there's Ha Ryu... Some say he's awesome. Honestly, I don't think so. There have been so many instances when I would just wanted to punch some sense into him. Man is a prime example of doormat. And so it's not a wonder that he gets dumped.

I'll elaborate. Actually, I do like the guy. I find him an interesting character. However, part of that interest stems from him being a very flawed character. For the whole time in his relationship with DH he's been giving, giving, giving and giving. He's been martyr in the making and that is not the right way to be in a relationship. He has done a LOT for DH but one should remember that for a long time it wasn't something DH was demanding of him. They could've been more equal, she could've taken some free semesters to work, she didn't want to buy that expensive suit etc. She was willing to do her part, too, but he wouldn't let her. I think it's partly because he wanted to compensate her for her grim childhood but also because, to some degree, he never felt quite good enough for her. In a way he treated her a like a child who needs to be taken care of and saved instead of a grown up companion who can and does care for him, too.

If things had worked out with HD's first job and she hadn't found out about his "bar job", maybe things might've worked out. But I'm not sure, their dynamics were somewhat skewed to begin with. However, only after these do they take a really dark turn. In a way he has only himself to blame when DH presses him to pay her studies in States - because that is exactly what he's been doing all the time! He has basically taught her that he will always do these things for her and never say no so of course at the end she will take them granted. No longer is she grateful for them but thinks that it's his duty to do so. This is very normal human behavior, after all. The more he gives her, the more she wants and finally there comes a point when his means are simply not enough.

I am sure that HR loved and still loves DH and wants only best for her. But he shouldn't have pampered her like a child. At the end he wasn't so much a husband than a care taker, at least that's how it seemed to me. And him begging for her to come back, to at least come back for EB... So wrong way to do things even though totally in line with his character. A man begging is a pitiful sigh and will not invoke loving feelings in anybody except maybe in his mother. She does feel sorry for him but that's not nearly enough for her to change her course.

I did like the scene where HR broke the wind shield. It showed that there is fire in his kind puppy character after all. Personally I wish we will see more of that fire albeit not in a way that would be dangerous to objects around him. I'm sure he's capable in more than just going around breaking windows.

Guest fantast1k1

@Arawni: welcome to the thread! enjoyed reading your analysis...you killed it! I failed to see each side of the coin, all I can see was what's obvious...hope to see more of your insight in the coming episodes.

@nobuyukijohnson: unfortunately, didn't see Daemul, wasn't attracted to main leads except KSW of course. Is it true that its more of a political drama? Is Resurrection man good? Never seen it either. You are right, no need to keep the dice.

Guest fantast1k1

fantast1ksuae said:

@nobuyukijohnson: unfortunately, didn't see Daemul, wasn't attracted to main leads except KSW of course. Is it true that its more of a political drama? Is Resurrection man good? Never seen it either. You are right, no need to keep the dice.

I guess you can say daemul is kinda like that, its about making the first female president after all.

Yeah resurrection man is good. Its about this guy who got adopted when he was a kid and became a cop and eventually discovered a conspiracy. He gets framed for being a dirty cop and forced to go on the run and eventually found out he had a twin brother who ran a huge company. After finding him he sought his twin's help but his enemies killed his twin thinking it was him and he took over his twins life and sought revenge. He also had a pair of unique looking dice he gave to the woman he loved before going on the run. Thats why I kinda felt thats the direction this show was going in once i saw the beginning at the blue house and then the twin brother.

Is Reserruction Man a KDrama or Japanese Drama? Because I've seen a few Japanese Drama that became an adaptation in KDrama. There sure is a lot of similarities...so, who do you think was in the Blue Palace scene? JW or HR?

We should have a vote...and justify it. This is why I like Kdrama---it's not predictable and gets to the point instead of taking months to find a dead body.

^^ My apologies ive been calling it resurrection man but its just called resurrectionI only watch Korean dramas and maybe a few Taiwanese romantic comedies. Anyways resurrection  stars Uhm Tae Wong( every time i watch a drama with him in it, it turns out to be very good (Great Queen Seondeok Man of Equator)).
I think it was HR in the Blue House scene cause we start out with him from the beginning and for it to be Jw it wouldnt have all the emotions and conflicts that Hr has with Dh. Like I said I think this show will go the same way as resurrection did with the whole twin aspect. 

Guest amara1430269879

first hello thread its good to find a place to rant about yawang ^^ , quick rant for now  XD no matter how desperate ,poor , needy whatever nothing can justify what Da Hae doing her actions r so wrong and twisted what kind of ambition is that ? ditching the man who spend his entire life feeding her needy non stop request and go all the way covering her crime then she act like a hurt women with so much nobility whn she found out about HarYu job -_- ,, but to ditch her own baby child is over the top .. she`s twisted manipulative person she`s hurting and ruining to many ppl lives starting from Haryu to the poor innocent naive DoHoon then she have the nerve to say she`s doing that for her daughter sake  :-O cant stop tearing for Haryu and dohoon stupid love for dahae is driving me crazy good im not dokyoung or else i would slap him in the face and kick him hard to open his eyes and see clearly but then thats why they call its a blind love "sigh" poor thing cant imagine how his reaction will be when he get to know her dark side ,, i truly believe that the father will end up marrying her and become the president he surly very smitten by her and cant stop praising her  /:) she`s definitely will go for the big head and ditch the small one she`s good at ditching ppl ^_^

Guest hapha8714

DH may eventually gain everything she's been deprived of, but in the end she'll never find happiness.
Though she had done things that appear immorally disturbing, she'll cling on to what she believes in no matter what... because she desperately wants to live.

Her coldness is merely a sham to her true emotions. She's tormented, emotionally disturbed inside. She's been demoralized by the unfortunate things that had happened to her, and i think this demeanor is a desperate attempt to cope up, at least.

To me, Ha Ryu is a mediocre to the last degree. He may be genuinely loving, but that alone wont be enough for a person to live. What kind of mindset is he living by, with a reality so rough to handle? Delusional. I'm glad I have seen his rage, he has somewhat gained my respect as a human being. Time to wake up, HR.

Hello everyone, this is my first comment here.. Hi I'm from Amsterdam, Holland..

FINALLY!!

a drama that has more than what I have enjoyed when I watch Faith and The King 2 Hearts... so happy!

I was a bit underestimating this drama since Soo Ae isn't one of  my fave Korean Drama Divas.. BUT, thanks God I have had decided to go on.. since basically there is nothing else qualified enough to watch after finishing the great King of Dramas en the so.. so.. I miss You.

BAM!! I got a huge slap in my face... this drama is so beyond intriqing, high end-ly nasty, unpredictable to the max, and scaringly addicting at the same time... this is the next flying high journey that I will experience, another -all you can do is to think- session, just like the previous ones.. another brain drained carriage that we all.... helplessly love so much.. can't life without... a  DKD (Daebak Korean Drama)

QOA Yawang... every entangled person in this drama, are equally have a very complicated personality, yet really really different from one another. They bond unexpectedly by fate and once they tied up with it, to be free is a very difficult task if it's not impossible.

ok, I want to speak my opinion in conjunction of the 2 women that involved the most. Da Hae and Do Kyung.

Da Hae, I understand what she's going through... been there done that. Although not as extreme as hers but I get it with her euphoria of being able to have and buy and pamper herself with a high sense of security felt like. For girls whose born in a poor households, it is a totally devastating that we have to wake up every morning realizing that those misery of being moneyless and tied with poverty are an exact reality. To have NOTHING, is the worst thing that can be happening to a human being. So, what she has done, what she's been doing and what she will do... I get it so clearly and understood. But Dae Ha, in order to smoothen her way into the super secure world she's been dreaming of, she have to, she must and she needs to take some very grueling decision.... eventhough her heart in so much pain for doing the opposite of what she wanted. She will probably able to climb the ladder to her dream world using all kind of tricks she can think of, but.... she also know the side effect of those decision is one of the result that she must accept and endure.

Do Kyung.. my fave character..

She's a Goddess... pure elegant even Coco Chanel will applause if she still alive. As a woman who basically born with golden spoon and walk on money, it is in her nature to dislike a considered lower caste/level woman like Dae Ha. For her, Dae Ha is nothing but a Doen Jang or gold digger (Flower Snake as Korean people call them). She feels the responsibility to preserve the very exclusive world from woman like Da Hae, she consider Dae Ha is a taint. And as an untainted soul she wants to keep their world taintless and protect the other untainted souls.. she must get rid of the flower snake. Do Kyung, has to play harder.. since Da Hae already a veteran.

This drama is going to be so very amazing......

OMG the actress who play the role Baek Do Kyung, she's Kim Sung Ryung, born Feb, 8 1967. She's 46 years old! It confuses me why they have chosen a very mature actress to play Do Hoon's noona..  I suspect that Do Hoon can be her illegitimate son. Since he's in his early 20ies.. 

This drama starting to take a serious turn... please fasten your seatbelt!

Archived